Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:32 AM

A.p.c Special Convention: Why Amaechi Would Win Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A.p.c Special Convention: Why Amaechi Would Win Atiku (393 Views)

2023 Presidential Convention: Why PDP May Settle For Wike, Mohammed, Others / 2023: Why Amaechi Will Be Apc’s Best Candidate; Thicks All Boxes. / PDP Convention: Why Igbo Presidential Hopefuls Shunned Parade Of Posters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A.p.c Special Convention: Why Amaechi Would Win Atiku by Yellowfever: 11:44am On May 30, 2022
My name is Wejinya Glory Tochukwu an indigene of Rivers State. I am the first of six children. I resided with my parents for the first eight years of my life; there I attained a Nursery education. At the age of eight, I moved to Port Harcourt and lived with my aunt. Looking back, I have realized I moved to Port Harcourt for financial reasons.

I was immediately enrolled into Primary one in a State school known as; Community Primary School, Rumuapara. While at Rumuapara, I was the best. I became entitled to first position through primary one to six. While at primary four, I was promoted to primary six because of my extraordinary performances.

On a faithful day at school, I was informed by my class teacher that I should prepare to write a scholarship exam. I felt excited to my bones; I knew it was no one else but God. Hence, I wrote the scholarship exam on three consecutive Saturdays. The third Saturday, the result were not announced, I believed I would make it, although, my aunt lost hope, I didn’t. It came as a shock when my aunt received an unusual message, when I read the message clearly, absorbing each word, I understood it. I had gotten a scholarship.

Being a beneficiary of the Rivers State Sustainable Development Agency(RSSDA)/Greater Height Opportunity Program (GHOP) has been one of the greatest testimonies of my life. Lifeforte International Schools is simply the best. I went to Lifeforte a young and timid child. In Lifeforte, I was meticulously bestowed with values, Godly morals and excellent academic standard. I could not have asked for a better school. Also, Lifeforte moulded and transformed me from a naïve and insecure girl to a confident lady. When I got to Lifeforte International High School, I felt lost. I thought I could not fit in. My first few days in Lifeforte, I felt like an intruder. I did not know what to do, whom to talk to and whom to be with. But however, soon I was welcomed; Lifeforte is truly home away from home. I soon made friends and focused on the main aim of going to school; to study.

At Lifeforte, after six weeks comes mid-term break. This break is a one week holiday. As a beneficiary, I was assigned to the house of a member of the Board of Directors of Lifeforte International High School; Pastor Babatunji Oduntan and Mrs. Gloria Oduntan. They have two children, Joshua-David Oduntan and Eniifeoluwa Oduntan. They took me as a daughter, and made me feel at home. They also tutored and enriched me with sound advice which I would never forget. I was made comfortable emotionally, financially and spiritually. The atmosphere was filled with love which was also created by the children.

Furthermore, in Lifeforte, the teacher-student relationship is excellent. The teachers had hearts made of gold. They worked endlessly to make sure I get the best. They were always ready to teach and be a part of my success. Also, the hostel masters and mistresses watched and corrected me daily. They never withheld anything from me; love, care, advice as well as discipline.

My best experiences in Lifeforte as a beneficiary of RSSDA are the school trips. The trips are educational, impacting, once in a life experience as well as a memorable and enjoyable time with friends and the school management. While at Lifeforet, I went to places I never envisioned going to. Getting this scholarship gave me the opportunity to travel firstly outside my state, fly to different countries with my school such as; Dubai, Brazil, South Africa, Singapore and lastly China. The trip has endowed me greatly with knowledge. Now I know that Singapore is an Asian Country in which chewing gum is a criminal offence. Also, I can proudly say I have seen Nelson Mandela’s house. Thank you Rivers State for the “Pennies” spent on me. Experiences are meant to be cherished, the bad or worse experiences, I learnt from them.

My appreciation would be incomplete without the mention of Kate Bee Foundation. The effort put up despite its tight schedule to meet up with our endless demand; for this I am grateful. The foundation also monitored our activities while at school, making sure we never lost focus. Also for the constant check up putting our safety first as well as emotional support, I am grateful.

I can say that the Government had done a great job on this program. However, I would recommend that for the future GHOP to be more successful than this, daily summer camps, should be held for the beneficiaries. This would enable the government to know the strengths and weaknesses of the beneficiaries. Also, this would enable the beneficiaries to know that they are not neglected. Hence, this will increase the level of seriousness of the beneficiaries knowing that their academic performance is being monitored. The government should also ensure that all the beneficiaries get equal opportunities assigned to them.

My dream, goal, desire and passion is to be a medical doctor. This has been my dream since childhood even when there were no hopes of it. The achievement of this dream would be easier if I attain a sound education overseas.

I wish to study medicine in Canada; this is because reading a professional course such as medicine outside Nigeria increases the level of recognition of one.Studying medicine in Canada would expand the chances of me making a better Nigeria in terms of health issues. It would also increase my creativity and initiatives. Studying in Canada is advantageous. Canada is under populated; this means the number of people available to tap its resources is less than the resources. Hence, after studying, job offers and accommodation offers are readily available. However, the major obstacle to achieving this dream is money.

My parents would do all they can to see me achieve this dream but they are unable to as a result of the lack of financial resources, taking note of five other children in their care.

In conclusion, mere words are not enough to express my sincere, heart-felt gratitude to the Rivers State Sustainable Development Agency for giving me such a great opportunity and enabling me to find myself and set such high goals which I would achieve by the mercy and grace of God.

P.S: This was written in 2014.
All these were made possible by the then governor of Rivers State, Rt. Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi (CRA).
But was discontinued by Mr Project; Nyesom Wike.

So come 2023, I hope my vote would serve as an appreciation to CRA "You invested in man, which is the best investment and Nigeria would definitely be better with you".

#gloorry
#CRA
Re: A.p.c Special Convention: Why Amaechi Would Win Atiku by Yellowfever: 12:04pm On May 30, 2022
1st

Re: A.p.c Special Convention: Why Amaechi Would Win Atiku by Yellowfever: 12:31pm On May 30, 2022
Our incoming

(1) (Reply)

Will Woke Accept To Be Vice President / Umahi Denies Stepping Down For Lawan - Arise News Report / Police Officer Seen Assaulting Young Men Selling Clothes In Ilorin (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.