Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image (78750 Views)

Burna Boy Snubbed Arise Tv Team At Met Gala (Pics, Video) / Tyler Perry's Star-studded Gala For New Movie Studio. / Gala Seller Feeds Prisoners With His Gala For Free In Lagos Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Daestro3: 12:05pm On May 30, 2022
N1 Billion suit on Peak milk over the use of his trademarked phrase: something hooge in their ads

Picture below

Comedian, Chukwuemeka Emmanuel, popularly known as Sabinus, has slammed a one billion naira suit on Friesland Foods Wamco Nigeria Plc for unauthorised use of his trademark ‘something hooge’.

In an Instagram post on May 24, Peak Milk had used the phrase ‘something hooge’ to advertise their product.

Addressing the company through his lawyer, Stanley Alieke, Sabinus noted that the phrase was his registered trademark and therefore, demanded N1 billion in compensation and damages.

In the legal notice cited by The PUNCH on Monday, Sabinus threatened a lawsuit if the brand failed to comply within two weeks from the receipt of the legal notice.

“Our client briefed us and we believe the same to be true that your Company, Friesland Foods Wamco Nigeria Plc, used a trademarked slogan ‘Something Hooge’ for the promotion of your Peak Milk product,” the legal notice dated May 27 read.

It continued, “The advert which was made on the Peak Milk Nigeria verified Instagram page (peak_milk) was posted on the 24th day of May 2022 which was used to promote the Peak National Breakfast Week.

“It will interest you to know that the phrase ‘something hooge’, which was popularised by our client, has been trademarked and legally reserved as his intellectual property by the Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment.

“The said slogan was trademarked on the 26th of November 2021 with the file number: NG/TM/O/2021/48316. 10. On this note, we make the demand for the payment of the sum of Five Hundred Million Naira (N500m) as compensation for the unauthorized use of the intellectual property belonging to our client.

“And another five hundred million Naira for damages for the trauma; emotional, physical, psychological, and mental trauma our client has suffered for the Trademark theft and infringement of his intellectual property rights.”

N100 million suit on UAC foods over the use of his cartoonized image for their gala adverts

In a similar development, Sabinus also demanded a sum of N100m from UAC Foods for the use of his animated image in an advert for the Gala sausage roll.

The notice dated 25th of May read, “Your company UAC Food Ltd. has been using the brand picture and other intellectual properties of Sabinus to make adverts for your Gala sausage roll without the consent or authorization of our clients,” another notice read.

“You made a post on your verified Instagram handle (gala sausage roll), on the 23rd of May, 2022 with the picture of our client. The post which was a cartoon of our client was captioned ‘the way I calculate everything in my life’.

“We demand that you pay our client the sum of one hundred million Naira (N100m) for the use of the picture which is the average fee our client charges for his picture to be used for adverts and promotions.”
https://punchng.com/trademark-comedian-sabinus-slams-n1bn-suit-on-beverage-firm-over-unauthorised-use/

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Abfinest007(m): 12:05pm On May 30, 2022
It's a easy case they will surely settle him

298 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 30, 2022
grin

Ọmọ, if he wins, na hooge cashout o.

318 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Joezinho: 12:06pm On May 30, 2022
“It will interest you to know that the phrase ‘something hooge’, which was popularised by our client, has been trademarked and legally reserved as his intellectual property by the Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment.

“The said slogan was trademarked on the 26th of November 2021 with the file number: NG/TM/O/2021/48316..."

Omo, Sabinus is smart... I like smart people. In this life, never loose guard..

Baba, start calculating how to spend the cashout money ...

471 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Zekrayer: 12:09pm On May 30, 2022
Happy cash out to him

248 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by chatinent: 12:10pm On May 30, 2022
And another five hundred million Naira for damages for the trauma; emotional, physical, psychological, and mental trauma our client has suffered for the Trademark theft and infringement of his intellectual property rights.

Lol.

Sabinus is smart.

He registered it low-key. They thought it was just a slang.

Always register what's yours.

Well, it's common for yahoo boys to use comedy as a shield for their income. Na today? Who no know Sabinus for PH before the comedy coverup?

343 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Joclebs(m): 12:10pm On May 30, 2022
This amount is "Something hooge" ooooo cheesy

They would settle him as they have no way to win this particular case.

Sabinus has cash out! More wins bro.....

179 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Daestro3: 12:11pm On May 30, 2022
Zekrayer:
Joker. Is it registered as yours?
It's registered since you don't know how to read before jumping into conclusion like frog jumping into water

344 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by MadamVanessa(f): 12:11pm On May 30, 2022
shocked

He's simply stupid. Instead of doubling his hustle, he want to cash out doing nothing. stupid and usêlèss idiota.

20 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:12pm On May 30, 2022
Make dem just call Oracle one side give am wetin e dey chop make e just cool down

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Zekrayer: 12:13pm On May 30, 2022
Daestro3:
It's registered since you don't know how to read before jumping into conclusion like frog jumping into water

Okay. More wins to him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:14pm On May 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

He's simply stupid. Instead of doubling his hustle, he want to cash out doing nothing. stupid and usêlèss idiota.

May God help whoever that'll make you his or her adviser.

222 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Daestro3: 12:15pm On May 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

which kain nonsense be this.

So, you think it's lazy work that made 'something hooge' to become a popular term?

192 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Daestro3: 12:19pm On May 30, 2022
Abfinest007:
It's a easy case they will surely settle him
very sure outcome.

Anyhow something hooge must come out of it.

He should sue oga seun next time on behalf of his nairaland members grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by cavreek: 12:38pm On May 30, 2022
Something hooge is coming into his account

21 Likes

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by eteebanky1: 12:58pm On May 30, 2022
E dn dy do pass himself, Thief

3 Likes

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by sunkieisland(m): 1:17pm On May 30, 2022
Omo na HOOGE cash out be that ooo

3 Likes

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Godada(m): 1:23pm On May 30, 2022

From a legal standpoint, he has something hooge coming his way.

Corporate companies in Nigeria should be savvy in the areas of intellectual property.

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Fapemz: 1:26pm On May 30, 2022
grin

I am not jealous because i have something huge coming my way too....alaye double your hustle. Have you heard about MPS by cooldipo? Everybody owns one now except you. You can say byebye to power failure when you own one. It is the freedom you truly deserve

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Kingpele(m): 1:26pm On May 30, 2022
Hahaha comedian want to caahout ..u registered a word secretly lol ,well they should settle him sha ,don't underate this jokers ,there's terrible wickedness beneath thier carefree attitude..if someone will make a living by cracking jokes ,u will be sure he can do anything for money..peak milk company underated him as a joker but now they will be dealing with a greedy business man

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by shortIGBOman: 1:26pm On May 30, 2022
Sabinus go cash out big time grin

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by BarrElChapo(m): 1:27pm On May 30, 2022
This kind brief dey sweet smiley

6 Likes

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by sotall(m): 1:27pm On May 30, 2022
undecided

1 Like

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Spaxon(f): 1:27pm On May 30, 2022
spaxon:

Well it's way too much profit for just that.

Allow the company to settle you. A year supply of gala or peak milk.

All these ain't Necessary.

Just because the Manufacturing brands used his "so called" trademark. You're suing them cus it's a huge brand.
What if it was just this local bloggers or Local soap and cosmetic companies. Will you sue them?
I guess not cus they won't afford such.

Sabinus also says Baddest didn't Davido sue him.
Has Olamide sued anyone that used Baddoo.

Did God sue him for always using "Jesus" in his skits?

Omor it's greed abeg...

You own nothing in this life. When you die you die empty.

sly3:

Oga shut up! That's why you remain poor.

There's a reason why companies have brand ambassadors. Peak or UAC can't be paying someone else and be cashing out on another person's popularity. It takes years of hard work to build a brand and they would do the same if any corporate infringes on their trademark.

Know this and you may grow.

Hello Sir, first and foremost I'm not an Oga.
Secondly I'm not poor.
I don't need to exploit people to gain wealth.

Suing Peak for The "Something Hoooge" advert is senseless, yes suing Gala is quite reasonable;they used his picture.
And listen I'm not one of those you can run your mouth against anyhow and get away with it, Learn to be respectful to people.
Manage your little #100mb and stay away from my mention..
I never recall quoting or having tagged you anywhere.

I've been on NL since 2014 and I stay on my lane. Mind your words.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Legalcriminal: 1:27pm On May 30, 2022
Funny man he wan cashout where he no sow

2 Likes

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:28pm On May 30, 2022
Mumu!
He patent or trademark d slang wey him wan sue 4?

Him knw weda na me Michaelsokoto fes utter d slang?

1.1B?
Clown!
cool

* Modified *

Baba don cash out!
neva knew he registered it.
cool

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wedding Pictures Of Gifty BBNaija Released By Husband's Cousin. "She's A Cheat" / Davido Shares Throwback Picture Of His Parents With Aliko Dangote / Gary Dourdan, "CSI", Ruined By Drugs And Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.