Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,757 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image (78803 Views)

Sabinus Sues Peak Milk And Gala Sausage Roll / Tyler Perry's Star-studded Gala For New Movie Studio. / Gala Seller Feeds Prisoners With His Gala For Free In Lagos Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Lightorder: 2:25pm On May 30, 2022
callme9mm:
grin

Ọmọ, if he wins, na hooge cashout o.
finally , Sabi nwa is about making it hooge
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by stickle(m): 2:26pm On May 30, 2022
chatinent:

Lol.

Sabinus is smart.

He registered it low-key. They thought it was just a slang.

Always register what's yours.

What did I know.

Well, it's common for yahoo boys to use comedy as a shield for their income. Na today? Who no know Sabinus for PH before the comedy coverup?

Anything can happen in Nigeria. Trademark registration can be backdated.
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Simonokeh7(m): 2:27pm On May 30, 2022
Daestro3:
N1 Billion suit on Peak milk over the use of his trademarked phrase: something hooge in their ads

Picture below

N100 million suit on UAC foods over the use of his cartoonized image for their gala adverts

https://punchng.com/trademark-comedian-sabinus-slams-n1bn-suit-on-beverage-firm-over-unauthorised-use/

If the peak company had spelt something hooge slightly differently then they could have argues "plausible deniability"

Nonetheless it was a callous mistake from the marketing and advertising department..

1 Like

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Lightorder: 2:28pm On May 30, 2022
chatinent:

Lol.

Sabinus is smart.

Well, it's common for yahoo boys to use comedy as a shield for their income. Na today? Who no know Sabinus for PH before the comedy coverup?
I don’t know what you are driving at
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by sketcherJ(m): 2:28pm On May 30, 2022
chatinent:

Lol.

Sabinus is smart.

Really? Please what do u know about him? Asking politely cos I thought he was a struggling guy before comedy
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by error4040: 2:29pm On May 30, 2022
Spaxon:
Well it's way too much profit for just that.

Allow the company to settle you. A year supply of gala or peak milk.

Lwkmd hunger bad o, wetin em wan use that one do ?

Spaxon:

Just because the Manufacturing brands used his "so called" trademark. You're suing them cus it's a huge brand.
What if it was just this local bloggers or Local soap and cosmetic companies. Will you sue them?
I guess not cus they won't afford such.

Lol you be werey

Spaxon:

Sabinus also says Baddest did Davido sue him.
Has Olamide sued anyone that used Baddoo.

Oga abi Madam, since when Davido Trademark " E choke, who you see don use am ?

Spaxon:

You own nothing in this life. When you die you die empty.

LMFAO in business ? You sure say you understand basic business studies at ALL ?

Can you imagine!!!
The man registered a Trademark and they used his trademark and even went as far as using his cartoon without his permission and you call it Greed?

Do you know what a trademark mean or stand for ??
SMH
You sound pained! Because the guy was smart to have Registered the Trademark grin

If them born you well you sef open company then use em trademark and logo see wetin go happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Sanctecosma(m): 2:32pm On May 30, 2022
Something hooge is indeed coming your way Sabinus
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by sleeknaija(m): 2:32pm On May 30, 2022
Spaxon:

All these ain't Necessary.

Just because the Manufacturing brands used his "so called" trademark. You're suing them cus it's a huge brand.
What if it was just this local bloggers or Local soap and cosmetic companies. Will you sue them?

Did God sue him for always using "Jesus" in his skits?

Omor it's greed abeg...

I am sure if it was you, you will demand more than that figure.
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by ThePlugg(m): 2:33pm On May 30, 2022
Sabinus on dis one
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Lightorder: 2:34pm On May 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

He's simply stupid. Instead of doubling his hustle, he want to cash out doing nothing. stupid and usêlèss idiota.
you wey no know when good is coming to you is talking about doubling hustle
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by akanbiaa(m): 2:34pm On May 30, 2022
He better go and settle out of court and get something small or engage in a never ending court case that will financially drain him and at the end if the day the court might say Sabinus Phrase does not start with capital letter in the hooge while that of peak milk does making it different entities.

1 Like

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by loveme1738: 2:34pm On May 30, 2022
This guy is a genius

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by sly3(m): 2:35pm On May 30, 2022
Oga shut up! That's why you remain poor.

There's a reason why companies have brand ambassadors. Peak or UAC can't be paying someone else and be cashing out on another person's popularity. It takes years of hard work to build a brand and they would do the same if any corporate infringes on their trademark.

Know this and you may grow.

Spaxon:

All these ain't Necessary.

Did God sue him for always using "Jesus" in his skits?

Omor it's greed abeg...

4 Likes

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by OblorOblor: 2:38pm On May 30, 2022
They'll probably settle out of court and make him brand ambassador.

1 Like

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by fourboys966: 2:40pm On May 30, 2022
Ghanaians got it right with the idea of a forum
sexyjuly77: The site is very fast .Up Ghana. com. The site is nice. Ghanaian also need a platform like NL to generate their own content

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by harmony75: 2:41pm On May 30, 2022
Wow he set a trap now the trap has caught something hooge!

1 Like

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Ishilove: 2:47pm On May 30, 2022
"And another five hundred million Naira for damages for the trauma; emotional, physical, psychological, and mental trauma our client has suffered for the Trademark theft and infringement of his intellectual property rights.”
Heh
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Asianjollof007: 2:48pm On May 30, 2022
Smart guy

1 Like

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by MartinsD12(m): 2:50pm On May 30, 2022
Daestro3:
N1 Billion suit on Peak milk over the use of his trademarked phrase: something hooge in their ads

Picture below

N100 million suit on UAC foods over the use of his cartoonized image for their gala adverts

https://punchng.com/trademark-comedian-sabinus-slams-n1bn-suit-on-beverage-firm-over-unauthorised-use/
If na like that sabinus should settle 70 years old man slogan he uses it belongs to asari dokubo and they tear gas am, how many times will they tell you that Nigeria is not for you, wrist watch and cup of tea he went to prison funny people , am not saying the companies that use his trademark should not settle him but majority of the funny voice background he uses and also all Nigerian skit comedians uses belongs to 70 years old man asari dokubo infact asari dokubo should start sueing all of them

2 Likes

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by donbenie(m): 2:50pm On May 30, 2022
Acidosis:

Okay.

Na here we dey. If you know what it takes to get deals in the country, you won't say this. cheesy Especially in an industry where fame don't last grin

You get one slang, you dey trademark. In Nigeria?? grin
Those who will deal with him,will deal with him..
They don't don't have option..
Success has MANY friends..
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by iamoyindamola(m): 2:52pm On May 30, 2022
Joezinho:
“It will interest you to know that the phrase ‘something hooge’, which was popularised by our client, has been trademarked and legally reserved as his intellectual property by the Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment.

“The said slogan was trademarked on the 26th of November 2021 with the file number: NG/TM/O/2021/48316..."

Omo, Sabinus is smart... I like smart people. In this life, never loose guard..

Baba, start calculating how to spend the cashout money ...
I think say na only me see am
Peak and uac will pay the prize for plagiarism
I know alot of people will lose their jobs for this stupidity

1 Like

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by educarimo: 2:55pm On May 30, 2022
but something huge is English na. how he won take compensate the owners of the language if that be the case? Peak milk no forget me as u win the case.

1 Like

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by grandstar(m): 3:02pm On May 30, 2022
Abfinest007:
It's a easy case they will surely settle him

He just wants a very nice out of court settle. 50m may be a starting point. I love that gala advert but I don't fancy the product. Overprocessed rubbish. That's a view I share with my father.
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by john633(m): 3:02pm On May 30, 2022
Something hooge have finally come
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Eazyzhini: 3:03pm On May 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

He's simply stupid. Instead of doubling his hustle, he want to cash out doing nothing. stupid and usêlèss idiota.
He's still doubling it my bro you just don't get it
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Nmezor(f): 3:06pm On May 30, 2022
Omoh, peak milk n co don buy market...Sabinus is gonna b smiling to the bank soon. Good for him
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Lordswat(m): 3:07pm On May 30, 2022
Him suppose sue u sef
callme9mm:
grin

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 30, 2022
MichaelSokoto:
Mumu!
He patent or trademark d slang wey him wan sue 4?

Him knw weda na me Michaelsokoto fes utter d slang?

1.1B?
Clown!
cool

* Modified *

Baba don cash out!
neva knew he registered it.
cool

Lawyers representing peak and gala are currently weighing their options on settlement, bleed out and technical justice. The lawyers be like “ look at the originating processes very well guys!
We just need one or more valid grounds to bring a preliminary objection and then go on interlocutory appeal if it’s thrown out.
By the time we are back from Supreme Court, Sabinus will be too tired to go on with the substantive suit” grin angry

Addendum: With wetin I dey see for the is Exhibit 2, which is the Oxygen that supplies blood to his case, the case is DOA.

Preliminary objection and interlocutory appeal is a sure banker. TM

But then, what if this is a publicity stunt and Nairaland lawyer analyst like my self is making submissions I won’t be paid for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by GloriousGbola: 3:08pm On May 30, 2022
Daestro3:

Picture below

hmmm....someone has chopped BIG query for sure.
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 30, 2022
Daestro3:

Picture below

Lawyers to peak and gala currently weighing their options of settlement, bleed out and technical justice. The lawyers be like “ look at the processes very well guys! We just need one or more valid grounds to bring a preliminary objection and go on interlocutory appeal. By the time we are back from Supreme Court, Sabinus will be too tired to go on with the substantive

1 Like

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 30, 2022
callme9mm:
grin

That is obviously hooge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Benue State. / Delphine: Chris Okotie's New Girlfriend? (Pictures) / Moyo Lawal Reacts To Women Learning How To Have Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.