Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,974 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image (78804 Views)

Sabinus Sues Peak Milk And Gala Sausage Roll / Tyler Perry's Star-studded Gala For New Movie Studio. / Gala Seller Feeds Prisoners With His Gala For Free In Lagos Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by donbenie(m): 1:40pm On May 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:
[s] shocked

He's simply stupid. Instead of doubling his hustle, he want to cash out doing nothing. stupid and usêlèss idiota.[/s]
The joke is on you..
Idiota..

3 Likes

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Emmanuel909090: 1:40pm On May 30, 2022
Serious
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by donbenie(m): 1:43pm On May 30, 2022
eteebanky1:
E dn dy do pass himself, Thief
You and Peak Milk are the original thieves..
I'm very sure you are an Alaba Market copyright thief..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 30, 2022
eteebanky1:

Big thief! The other slang he uses, did people sue him?

2 Likes

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by motionarena: 1:43pm On May 30, 2022
chatinent:

Lol.

Sabinus is smart.

He registered it low-key. They thought it was just a slang.

Always register what's yours.

Well, it's common for yahoo boys to use comedy as a shield for their income. Na today? Who no know Sabinus for PH before the comedy coverup?
tell us more what was he doing.

I doubt your claim before he got famous I have been following him and then he was broke just hustling.

Then he never had a car you could see from his looks he was struggling now he is famous and making it you say he is into yahoo

8 Likes

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Sleekfingers: 1:44pm On May 30, 2022
Spaxon:
Well it's way too much profit for just that.

Allow the company to settle you. A year supply of gala or peak milk.

All these ain't Necessary.

Just because the Manufacturing brands used his "so called" trademark. You're suing them cus it's a huge brand.
What if it was just this local bloggers or Local soap and cosmetic companies. Will you sue them?
I guess not cus they won't afford such.

Sabinus also says Baddest did Davido sue him.
Has Olamide sued anyone that used Baddoo.

Did God sue him for always using "Jesus" in his skits?

Omor it's greed abeg...

You own nothing in this life. When you die you die empty.

You don't know Jack.....you better go and do , something about this your reasoning....

4 Likes

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Bigfish121(m): 1:44pm On May 30, 2022
I think that was when he was still a student in uniport.if you see me when I was still a student,you will laugh.

Investorozay:

So sabinus was balling before comedy
Or u just want to talk rubbish?

Have u seen his hungry looking pix before comedy?
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by obstead200(m): 1:44pm On May 30, 2022
Daestro3:
N1 Billion suit on Peak milk over the use of his trademarked phrase: something hooge in their ads

Picture below

N100 million suit on UAC foods over the use of his cartoonized image for their gala adverts

https://punchng.com/trademark-comedian-sabinus-slams-n1bn-suit-on-beverage-firm-over-unauthorised-use/
I am not a lawyer......but cases are not tried on social media. I can already find loopholes in this case......based on the section of the law someone pasted on copyright.

A smart lawyer can easily quash both cases. Buttje company should be ready to out-spend sabinus in the court. The judges clearly has enough basis to rule for or against the plaintiff here. It depends on who pays the higher cash.

If I were sabinus, I will take the first secret offer for an out of court settlement, even if na 20million. The company has deep pockets and will likely out-spend him in court.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Sleekfingers: 1:46pm On May 30, 2022
PROPHETmichael:
Mumu man! Did he trademark it?

Learn to read, before commenting.

4 Likes

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by motionarena: 1:47pm On May 30, 2022
Investorozay:

So sabinus was balling before comedy
Or u just want to talk rubbish?

Have u seen his hungry looking pix before comedy?
don't mind the mumu.
Jealousy will kill him there
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Sleekfingers: 1:48pm On May 30, 2022
southsouthking:
I want to get something here, did he trade mark something hoooge? If not, he's wasting his time..

Learn how to read, before commenting....abi, reading dey kill?

3 Likes

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by lifenija: 1:48pm On May 30, 2022
What is the damages there? It simply use of trade mark it wasn't used for any thing damaging.
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by brightDdon(m): 1:50pm On May 30, 2022
Fapemz:
grin

I am not jealous because i have something huge coming my way too....alaye double your hustle. Have you heard about MPS by cooldipo? Everybody owns one now except you. You can say byebye to power failure when you own one. It is the freedom you truly deserve

Greetings bro,
What's the @COOLDIPO deal like
WhatsApp me( 08064054576) on let's have a deal,,I'll market it here in port Harcourt..
I have the market audience already.
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by GistFullGround: 1:51pm On May 30, 2022
chatinent:

Lol.

Sabinus is smart.

Well, it's common for yahoo boys to use comedy as a shield for their income. Na today? Who no know Sabinus for PH before the comedy coverup?

When you dont make noise, very soon your trap go catch something. PORTABLE will be thinking now...
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by anyilalaz: 1:51pm On May 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

He's simply stupid. Instead of doubling his hustle, he want to cash out doing nothing. stupid and usêlèss idiota.

I believe you must be lazy not to understand what Intellectual property rights is and what happened if such right is trade-mark! You think it is easy to be creative with your mind? Perhaps you are the one that may be stupid!!! If a corporate organization like UAC & Peak can not do thorough investigation before promoting an advert, then, this is the result...they must pay!!!

This is how you go to some of the citadel of learning and you see some useless lectures using the thesis of undergraduate student for they own post-doctorial research without due reference.
All hail Mr. Sabinus

10 Likes

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 30, 2022
callme9mm:
grin

Omo if he wins. Na hooge cashout o

Be careful, he might sue you too o grin
On a serious note, he definitely doesn't have a patent for "something hooge" and the cartoon isn't his real image. So there's no way he can win unless they decide to settle him, something I suspect the company wouldn't do.

But this suit has put the marketing department/advertising agency in trouble cos the company will blame them and may sack some people...

2 Likes

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by donbenie(m): 1:52pm On May 30, 2022
Spaxon:

Just because the Manufacturing brands used his "so called" trademark. You're suing them cus it's a huge brand.
What if it was just this local bloggers or Local soap and cosmetic companies. Will you sue them?

Omor it's greed abeg...

There is nothing like greed here..
The said slogan is a copyrighted property..
It behooves you to seek the approval of a copyright owner,before you can use his property..
The said Olamide will sue to Mount Everest and back,if you dare use any part of his songs without approval..
You can't use another man's sweat to make money,and then turn around to accuse him of greediness..

4 Likes

Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by jackpot(f): 1:53pm On May 30, 2022
What if Asari Dokubo trademarks all slangs he's using? I hate things like this
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by WATCHOVER(m): 1:53pm On May 30, 2022
Sabinus is silly. Rubbish na so e easy to win case?
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Pitre07: 1:53pm On May 30, 2022
smiley
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by Hapuruchukwu(m): 1:55pm On May 30, 2022
chatinent:

Lol.

Sabinus is smart.

What's he into at PH then ?
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by jaxxy(m): 1:55pm On May 30, 2022
Joezinho:
Sabinus is smart... Infringement of trademark is against the law...

Baba, start calculating how to spend the cashout money ...

Don't think he can win. is any of those words used trademarked by him?

Except for gala that it looks obvious.
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by southsouthking(m): 1:55pm On May 30, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Learn how to read, before commenting....abi, reading dey kill?

Wahala for we wen no Sabi read and write.

Una go just come online they vent una frustration on innocent people.

Why you quote me?
Professor I.T.K
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by kosovo(m): 1:56pm On May 30, 2022
Spaxon:

Omor it's greed abeg...

Omo werey spotted!!!
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by bluejay1860: 1:56pm On May 30, 2022
Joezinho:
Go Sabinus, go . Sue their sorry asses..

Section 5(1) of the Trade Marks Act 1967 provides for the exclusive right of a proprietor to use the trademark in respect of the goods it was registered for..
you are funny. You dont even know the law you are quoting. The question is, did sabinus register "something hooge" as a trademark or slogan for his company? He will get Nadal!!!

He can only get some compassionation from gala for using his cartoon without his permission.
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by tegrianonigltd(m): 1:56pm On May 30, 2022
eteebanky1:

Try make Una Dey go school, intellectual theft is a thing. Try to expose yourself to RIGHTS, laws, incase you fall into those. Be alert, usain bolt collect all rights from Glo back then. It’s hard work.
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by emmy4real94(m): 1:57pm On May 30, 2022
Americans makes millions over intellectual theft, which education u get like this? What's ur definition of hard work?? This is his own intellectual property and as such you can't use it without his sole permission.
MadamVanessa:
shocked

He's simply stupid. Instead of doubling his hustle, he want to cash out doing nothing. stupid and usêlèss idiota.
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by captainamiedi1: 1:57pm On May 30, 2022
Joezinho:
Sabinus is smart... Infringement of trademark is against the law...

Baba, start calculating how to spend the cashout money ...

that will only happen if he has register it as a trademark else na he money he they waste
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by ImaIma1(f): 1:58pm On May 30, 2022
Some people are losing their jobs in Friesland...silly mistake.
Re: Sabinus Sues Peak Milk, UAC Gala For N1.1B Over 'Something Hooge’, Cartoon Image by emmy4real94(m): 1:58pm On May 30, 2022
Americans makes millions over intellectual theft, which education u get like this? What's ur definition of hard work?? This is his own intellectual property and as such you can't use it for commercial purposes without his sole permission.
MadamVanessa:
shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Delphine: Chris Okotie's New Girlfriend? (Pictures) / Moyo Lawal Reacts To Women Learning How To Have Sex / Nigerian Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Benue State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.