Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,118 members, 7,845,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Hip Hop World Comes To Your TV - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hip Hop World Comes To Your TV (787 Views)

Nominees Hip-hop World Awards 2010 / "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> / Destiny's Child, the Hip-Hop Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hip Hop World Comes To Your TV by Seun(m): 8:27pm On Aug 09, 2007
After 12 years of successfully publishing Nigeria’s most authoritative music magazine, Smooth promotions, publishers of HipHop World Magazine have now adapted the publication’s format for television. The end result is an information driven programme called Hip TV which has already debuted on several T.V stations around the country.

‘People have been telling us to do something for TV audiences for a long time now. But we’ve taken our time. We know what is expected of us, and we’re not about letting our fans down’, says CEO Ayo Animashaun who is also the brainchild behind the annual Hip hop world awards which started in 2006.

The programme presently airs on AIT network, Saturdays 4:30 – 5pm, Sundays 3 – 3:30 pm, on Gotel TV, Fridays 9 – 9:30pm, Saturdays&Sundays 9:30 – 10pm, also on MBI, Saturdays 10:30pm, for MITV, Fridays 11-11:30pm, Saturdays&Sundays 5 – 5:30pm, while Silverbird runs the programme on Thursdays 11 – 11:30am.

This is a refreshing attempt at music entertainment, in an industry where the norm is to feed viewers with continuous music videos and excessive graphics. Interestingly, the pay off line for Hip TV is ‘A break from the norm’. Animashaun explains the concept: ‘We know there a lot of programme to choose from, if you want to watch music videos. We don’t intend to step into that market. So since our magazine is about news, features and interviews, we thought it best to adapt the same formula for our TV show. And so far, it doesn’t look like there’s anything like it around’.

Already, Joke Jaiyesinmi, the young hardworking producer of Music Africa fame has pitched her tent with HipHop World where she is responsible for producing the independent programme. ‘I like challenges. And I’ve always thought of something along this line. So after I left Music Africa, and having had a working relationship with the HipHop World crew since my days at MBI, I though it’ll be nice if we tried something on TV. And so far, it’s been fun’. Jaiyesinmi, a graduate of Lagos State University, is married to DJ Tee, a much sought after cinematographer and one of Nigeria’s best music video director.

Source: hiphopworld <hiphopworld01@yahoo.co.uk>

Re: Hip Hop World Comes To Your TV by dafman(m): 2:33am On Aug 12, 2007
Coool, we need stuff like this in naija, this is what entertainment is about, not playing music videos all day long.
Re: Hip Hop World Comes To Your TV by Configur(m): 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2007
Good idea from dose guys.Lets hope they dont start floopin afta 1 year like most nigerian Tv programs do.

n by the way Oga Seun,dont u tink we should start Naira Tv abi na Nairalandia or Nairaland with configur grin

one of those fine chikas on nairaland will be ma second partner.i be law student but enough talent for entertainment i swear grin cal me on 08052318823.i dey serious o angry

al d best to HipHop Tv
Re: Hip Hop World Comes To Your TV by Configur(m): 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2007
i'll need a very vocal female co-partner like iice or MILITIA or person wey get nice,sexy sense of humour.person we fit flow.

na so joo.holla me.i dey wait smiley
Re: Hip Hop World Comes To Your TV by gbadex1(m): 7:44pm On Aug 12, 2007
What about emm, a man with a bottle of sepe. . .? tongue
Re: Hip Hop World Comes To Your TV by gbadex1(m): 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2007
What about emm, a man with a bottle of sepe. . .? tongue

(1) (Reply)

Lyrics To Ebute-metta And Bootie Call By Wande Cool / Which Song Do U Love In Plantashun Boiz "plan B" / Rhanna And Ne-yo I Hate How Much I Love U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.