Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow (36993 Views)

Woman Smiles In Mugshots After Killing Fiance With Sword In U.S.(Pics) / Kenyan Man Slashes Ex-girlfriend's Face With Sword (photos) / Sergeant Lanre Sanusi Killed (Policeman Who Tracked & Arrested Evans) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by ijustdey: 12:20pm On May 31, 2022
Matthew Agbaje

A police sergeant, Ukeme Asuquo, on Monday, appeared before Justice O.H. Oshodi of the Ikeja High Court over alleged murder of a police inspector, Francis Adekunle.

PUNCH Metro gathered that detectives from the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba, Lagos, arrested the sergeant for allegedly inflicting machete cuts on the inspector.

Asuquo, who was attached to the Anti-Cultism Unit of the Lagos State Police Command, allegedly hacked Francis, who was attached to the Special Protective Unit, Ikeja, in their neighbour’s compound on Oyedeji Close, Agbale Kale, Aboru, Lagos.

The inspector later died at a hospital.

The sergeant was charged with murder, an offence contrary to Section 223 of the Criminal Law, C17, Vol.3, Laws of Lagos State, 2015.

The charge read in part, “That you, Ukeme Asuquo, on or about June 4, 2020, around 8pm, at 1, Olajide Close, Agbelekale, Aboru, Lagos State, in the Ikeja Judicial Division, did unlawfully kill one Ilesanmi (Francis) Adekunle by hacking him with a cutlass.”

The defendant pleaded not guilty.

During the court sitting, the prosecution counsel, M.O. Abari, led the widow of the deceased, Itunnu Adekunle, in evidence.

Itunnu said, “We just got back from work around 8pm on June 4, 2020, and while burning some refuse outside our compound, the defendant approached me and asked me to see him. He refused to answer me when I demanded his reason.

“Asuquo then drove in and shut the gate against me. I banged on the gate, as our co-tenant, Ayodele Eyitayo, approached the gate to open for me. Asuquo challenged him not to open the gate; he then pushed him to the ground.

“Upon my cry for help, my husband came down to stop them from fighting and open the gate for me. After our co-tenant (Eyitayo) went into his apartment, Asuquo went in as well but came out with a sword and chased me and my husband.

“We ran in different directions and after a while, one of our neighbours came back to inform me where I was hiding that my husband had been hacked by the defendant. I rushed to the scene and found my husband in a pool of blood in my neighbour’s compound. He was rushed in a tricycle to a hospital, where he died on the third day.”

Another witness, Taiwo Oluwatuyi, while being led by the prosecuting counsel, said despite his plea, Asuquo kept hitting the inspector with the weapon.

Justice Oshodi adjourned the matter until October 17, 2022, for continuation of trial.

https://punchng.com/lagos-sergeant-killed-my-inspector-husband-with-sword-widow/

2 Shares

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by illicit(m): 12:23pm On May 31, 2022
He who kill by the sword will die by the sword

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by Karlovych: 12:23pm On May 31, 2022
embarassed Tinupoo's drugs have caused more harm than good in Lagos, RIP to the deceased.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 31, 2022
tie him up to a tree and keep flogging him for two hours before you take him to where he belongs

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by headbasher96(m): 1:31pm On May 31, 2022
Until we hear asuquo's side of the story if not i have nothing to say

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by DryMouth: 1:47pm On May 31, 2022
Nice development...

They shuld kill themselves. Wicked idiots

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by Mayng01(m): 1:54pm On May 31, 2022
Look at his face! But what could have warranted this? I guess mkpummuri in action

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by Kingxchange44: 5:44pm On May 31, 2022
SW eh!
Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by Oxtertee(m): 5:44pm On May 31, 2022
Black man with dark mind in black uniform & dastardly act is like Nigeria politicians & corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by UrPapa: 5:44pm On May 31, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed Tinupoo's drugs have caused more harm than good in Lagos, RIP to the deceased.

Lol dey calm down na
We know Anambra is better than Lagos but try dey calm down

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by Cactusdrill: 5:45pm On May 31, 2022
Pathetic
Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by Hndrrxxx(m): 5:45pm On May 31, 2022
Ching man down if he thinks about getting up

Ching him down if he thinks about standing shocked
Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by PreacherMan007: 5:45pm On May 31, 2022
And now they are feasting on each other. May God help us in this jungle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by seandurse(m): 5:45pm On May 31, 2022
angry
Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by iHart(m): 5:45pm On May 31, 2022
I don't know if I am the only one who hardly feel bad about police misfortune? God forgive me.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by PlayerMeji: 5:46pm On May 31, 2022
Mental illness is everywhere...

It has no symptoms... That person smiling beside you may be suffering from it...

Best is to avoid anything that could provoke your neighbor or lead to confrontation.

But come to think of it, I have never heard of someone who as a result of mental illness gave another person 20 million naira abi 100 million naira...

Na so so kill dem dey kill people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by Gunboysavage(m): 5:46pm On May 31, 2022
Normally, For this Nigeria ehhnn, if your husband or papa na Police man or Nepa officer..., you suppose dey pray 35 times in a day....... He get why oooooo

Because............You know na....... shocked The curse the masses are giving them on a daily ehhnn..... SMH.... finish itttt

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by Frankspot(m): 5:47pm On May 31, 2022
I find it difficult to comprehend how you will raise a cutlass to cut a fellow human being, when the person isn’t a log of wood… even with the blood gushing you keep hitting… it’s psychological disorder to me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by adolfHitler1934: 5:48pm On May 31, 2022
I thought it will be Aboki o because them and sword....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by tonero400(m): 5:48pm On May 31, 2022
Sword meant for wedding ni. What a shame
Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by KingOfAmebo(m): 5:48pm On May 31, 2022
Karlovych:

Will you people ever have sense in this life? I honestly don't think so, How is the post related to the nonesense you just typed? Monkey.

UrPapa Mayng01

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by Theoroosevelt1: 5:49pm On May 31, 2022
It is only God that can help us in this our beloved country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by updatechange(m): 5:49pm On May 31, 2022
Let them hang him and that guy that imports and sales fake malaria drugs in anambra state to death.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by Pootle: 5:49pm On May 31, 2022
sword man in nigeria police

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sergeant Killed My Inspector Husband With Sword – Widow by driand(m): 5:49pm On May 31, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Rapes His 9-Year-Old Stepdaughter In Rivers, Blames His Wife (Photos) / Fake Drinks Seized By NAFDAC In Edo State - Photos / Corpse Of Rape Victim Dumped In Imo Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.