Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route (18102 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by 9jaHustler: 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2022
Honestly I have not gotten a job so I have not paid any tax, I still run my online stuffs I used to do in Nigeria that gave me money to come here. But one thing is that coming to UK legitimately gives you much better opportunity to life than in Nigeria except if you are already established in Nigeria. Think of your kids too if you have them, the UK will give them better opportunity to life. What hope do our kids in Nigeria have for the future, is it our educational or health systems, not to talk of security and other infrastructure.
The thing about coming legitimately is that even if you have to start with menial jobs, you still have the opportunity to get into the system and earn much better in future.
I have a family friend who relocated months b4 me sponsored by a company he got while in Nigeria. He relocated here as a manager in his new UK firm, and there are also medical people who come here with job offers so those ones don't do menial jobs. People who do menial jobs are people who come in as students and can't work full time immediatley but when school is done with, I bet you better jobs awaits..

EXICON:

No sir.

I am asking to know.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by Tomietea: 8:43pm On Jul 19, 2022
9jaHustler:
Honestly I have not gotten a job so I have not paid any tax, I still run my online stuffs I used to do in Nigeria that gave me money to come here. But one thing is that coming to UK legitimately gives you much better opportunity to life than in Nigeria except if you are already established in Nigeria. Think of your kids too if you have them, the UK will give them better opportunity to life. What hope do our kids in Nigeria have for the future, is it our educational or health systems, not to talk of security and other infrastructure.
The thing about coming legitimately is that even if you have to start with menial jobs, you still have the opportunity to get into the system and earn much better in future.
I have a family friend who relocated months b4 me sponsored by a company he got while in Nigeria. He relocated here as a manager in his new UK firm, and there are also medical people who come here with job offers so those ones don't do menial jobs. People who do menial jobs are people who come in as students and can't work full time immediatley but when school is done with, I bet you better jobs awaits..

thank you
Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by 9jaHustler: 6:57am On Jul 20, 2022
A thousand and one things you can do online to earn money genuinely but note that it's not a get rich quick thing. I have been working online for over 7 years and God willing it paid off.
1. Open a YouTube channel (seems to be the most paying if you can work it out. Don't say you are not funny or a musician, there are many ways guys who are not comedians or musicians create YouTube content and cash out monthly. Do a simple research and find what will work for you)
2. Blogging
3, TikTok (many young guys are hosting grow parties on TikTok and cashing out with the gifts they get). You also need time to build your following but it can pay.
4. Dropshipping (find a shop near you that sells things you think that people will like to buy). post pictures of these things online and when you make a sale, pay the shop owner and give them the buyer address to ship to buyer while you take your profit.

The list can go on and on but it all takes time and patience.

If you have little money to invest in some of them, then you can move up the ladder more quickly.

TikTok for example, if you have 1k followers you can start hosting live videos and doing your own grow party. If you don't have 1k followers, you can grow fast by gifting others who are hosting grow parties. While you gift continuously, you will get lots of followers more quickly. But if you don't have the funds to gift, go to grow parties, and continously power tap, this can help you grow but gifting helps you grow much faster that's where money comes in.
Learn how others run their own grow parties and begin to do the same you never know 6 months from now you may be having 500k followers.

Tomietea:
Pls I need help too regarding the online hustle. I am in Nigeria and things are a bit hard for me. I will be glad to get a response from you

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by bdrefessy: 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
Please I can apply for undergraduate straight to a uni without going through Ucas ? Then the proof of funds for undergraduate ,must it shows complete 4 years course school fee? Or we show just show for one year program out of 4 years ?
Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by 9jaHustler: 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
I honestly don't have the answer to your question, you may have to do a little more research to find out.

bdrefessy:
Please I can apply for undergraduate straight to a uni without going through Ucas ? Then the proof of funds for undergraduate ,must it shows complete 4 years course school fee? Or we show just show for one year program out of 4 years ?
Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by Saynoomore: 9:10pm On Jul 24, 2022
I think you missed out the health surcharge in your total calculation of required funds. With the health surcharge the needed funds should be more than N18mil outside London.

How can one beat the health surcharge cost down? Can one go first and say, after 6months apply for family to join? Perhaps this can reduce the required healthsurge cost by half, since its a 1 yr cost initially?

Again, when applying for PSW, would you be required to pay another healthsurcharge for yourself nd family?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by 9jaHustler: 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
Saynoomore:
I think you missed out the health surcharge in your total calculation of required funds. With the health surcharge the needed funds should be more than N18mil outside London.
I will take a look at this again. Update:
I did not include health surchage and visa fees because those have already been paid b4 your visa application. the N18m I quoted in my case is money that you need to have in your bank for 28 days, that's your proof of funds which should not include visa fees or health surcharge that you have already paid before the visa application.

Saynoomore:
How can one beat the health surcharge cost down? Can one go first and say, after 6months apply for family to join? Perhaps this can reduce the required healthsurge cost by half, since its a 1 yr cost initially?
Sense is not far from you my broda grin grin grin but will you want to stay away from your family for 6 months because of the health surcharge?

Saynoomore:
Again, when applying for PSW, would you be required to pay another healthsurcharge for yourself nd family?
I think so but I will confirm and update later.
Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by BoboKush(m): 5:46am On Jul 27, 2022
9jaHustler:
No IELTS required. All you need is your Nigerian University Degree Certificate which will have to be upto 55%.

What abt transcript?
That's what causing delay for me

I have certificates already
Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by 9jaHustler: 11:23pm On Jul 27, 2022
My school University of Salford do not ask for transcript as a requirement, I do not know about other schools though.

BoboKush:

What abt transcript?
That's what causing delay for me

I have certificates already
Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by BoboKush(m): 5:00am On Jul 28, 2022
9jaHustler:
My school University of Salford do not ask for transcript as a requirement, I do not know about other schools though.

When I got it corrected and reuploaded back to the portal, they then asked my to provide

Thanks for the head up
Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by victorVIC1(m): 7:30am On Jul 28, 2022
Thanks for the insightful information
Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by FOSTY: 10:46am On Aug 09, 2022
gidy4u:
Also can you spouse now work in uk. Since you are now studying there?

Thanks once again for all your assistance with information. Please I want to find out, if we decide on a 2 years post graduate programme instead of 1 year, will the calculation of our proof of funds now be multiplied by 24 months? That is if for instance I am to show 1000pounds month for my upkeep, will it now be 1000 multiplied by 24 or still the 9 months you calculated. Also, will the balance of school fees to be shown be for the full 2 years or just the balance of the remaining first year of study. Thanks
Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by 9jaHustler: 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2022
Honestly I am not sure on this one.

FOSTY:

Thanks once again for all your assistance with information. Please I want to find out, if we decide on a 2 years post graduate programme instead of 1 year, will the calculation of our proof of funds now be multiplied by 24 months? That is if for instance I am to show 1000pounds month for my upkeep, will it now be 1000 multiplied by 24 or still the 9 months you calculated. Also, will the balance of school fees to be shown be for the full 2 years or just the balance of the remaining first year of study. Thanks
Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by pete3000: 6:59am On Sep 09, 2022
FOSTY:

The balance for school fees will be the balance for the first year regardless of the duration of your course( 1 or 2yrs).
Same applies to the upkeep too

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by Odun3088: 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2022
I have applied to 4 uni for jan 2023 intake. No reply from them yet for more than a month now

Coventry
Leeds beckett
Kent
Gloucestershire

I am really worried, anybody experiencing the same?
Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by 9jaHustler: 9:54am On Sep 26, 2022
The group admins are staffs of the university that represent African students and they are the ones that add people to the group. The get phone numbers from the school and then add people to the group.

Olayinka1433:
Hellooo.. can you please add me to the group for University of Salford. Thank you

Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by ola30(m): 10:57am On Sep 26, 2022
9jaHustler:
The group admins are staffs of the university that represent African students and they are the ones that add people to the group. The get phone numbers from the school and then add people to the group.

@9jahustler, Have listened to your youtube channel,very informative,thanks for that.

Please i am very interested in Salford University.Please can you highlight the admission process of the School. (International business)
1. What are the document needed to gain admission. do they request for POF before issuing CAS.
2. What are Salford mode of payment having paid initial deposit of 5500,how much do i have to pay at enrolment and subsequently.
3. How much is the accomodation for a family of 5.
4. How about jobs in manchester.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by 9jaHustler: 1:19pm On Sep 26, 2022
Thanks.

1. For postgraduate study:
Applicants should hold a 4-year bachelor degree from a reputable and recognised university from Nigeria with a minimum second class lower (2:2) degree classification
Applicants with a Medical degree can also be considered
B. You will need POF b4 CAS if you are making the application yourself but if you are using an affiliated agent you not need it.

2. Different options to pay your school fees balance but the easiest is 7 monthly instalments. The first instalment comes about 2 months after registration.

3. Accommodation is main challenge here in Manchester. Family of 5 will need like a 4brm apartment so budget BTW 750 to 1,300 GBP monthly depending on location and other factors.

4. There are jobs in Manchester but know that you may have to start with small jobs first as you may not immediately find something similar to your current job in Nigeira. Many start with warehouse and healthcare jobs but it will be paying the bills.

ola30:

@9jahustler, Have listened to your youtube channel,very informative,thanks for that.

Please i am very interested in Salford University.Please can you highlight the admission process of the School. (International business)
1. What are the document needed to gain admission. do they request for POF before issuing CAS.
2. What are Salford mode of payment having paid initial deposit of 5500,how much do i have to pay at enrolment and subsequently.
3. How much is the accomodation for a family of 5.
4. How about jobs in manchester.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by ola30(m): 2:41pm On Sep 26, 2022
9jaHustler:
Thanks.

1. For postgraduate study:
Applicants should hold a 4-year bachelor degree from a reputable and recognised university from Nigeria with a minimum second class lower (2:2) degree classification
Applicants with a Medical degree can also be considered
B. You will need POF b4 CAS if you are making the application yourself but if you are using an affiliated agent you not need it.

2. Different options to pay your school fees balance but the easiest is 7 monthly instalments. The first instalment comes about 2 months after registration.

3. Accommodation is main challenge here in Manchester. Family of 5 will need like a 4brm apartment so budget BTW 750 to 1,300 GBP monthly depending on location and other factors.

4. There are jobs in Manchester but know that you may have to start with small jobs first as you may not immediately find something similar to your current job in Nigeira. Many start with warehouse and healthcare jobs but it will be paying the bills.

Thank you @ 9ja hustler,

1. Please do you know of any Salford Uni.affliated agency for admission in Nigeria.
2. Any link for POF with lower interest?
3. how about secondary school for my Kids.
4. How easy to get starters job as you mentioned above.

Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by 9jaHustler: 10:40pm On Sep 26, 2022
1. There is this agency we visited once in Abuja but I don't remember the name. It should be somewhere on the University website. I had to process my admission myself.

2. No

3. You will be able to get your kids into secondary school, I have a class mate whose kids are in secondary school and they got placements easily.

4. There is availability of jobs for starters, you will definitely find something to for a starter.

ola30:

Thank you @ 9ja hustler,

1. Please do you know of any Salford Uni.affliated agency for admission in Nigeria.
2. Any link for POF with lower interest?
3. how about secondary school for my Kids.
4. How easy to get starters job as you mentioned above.

Thanks bro.
Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by ola30(m): 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2022
9jaHustler:
1. There is this agency we visited once in Abuja but I don't remember the name. It should be somewhere on the University website. I had to process my admission myself.

2. No

3. You will be able to get your kids into secondary school, I have a class mate whose kids are in secondary school and they got placements easily.

4. There is availability of jobs for starters, you will definitely find something to for a starter.

Thanks for your swift response.
I will get in touch with you nearest future.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by moitimeintl: 1:41am On Oct 01, 2022
shocked
Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by JesseThunder(m): 11:00am On Oct 17, 2022
thank you so much for this breakdown.
please help with the part 2 soon

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by vanvickie(m): 4:55pm On Feb 27, 2023
9jaHustler:
I think the first think you should do is to ask Google for schools in UK that offers the course. If you find one, you can read about it. What I can do from this end then I can help but first find school through Google.

Good evening. Thanks for sharing this info.

Pls from your experience which schools will you advise based on:

1. Schools having the cheapest tuition fees and

2. Schools that pay tuition in installments.

Thank you.
Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by vanvickie(m): 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2023
Please I'll really want to have a chat with you, can you pls send me a DM @ vanvicky1@gmail.com
Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by 9jaHustler: 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2023
you will have to use the internet to compare school fees, as per installmental payments, most schools give that opportunity. My school University of Salford, Manchester allows upto 7 instalmental payments.

vanvickie:

Good evening. Thanks for sharing this info.

Pls from your experience which schools will you advise based on:

1. Schools having the cheapest tuition fees and

2. Schools that pay tuition in installments.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route by Rose223: 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2023
How's university of Salford I have admission there. Is Manchester cool in terms of jobs and and if is not too expensive to live there thanks
9jaHustler:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) / I Need To Book Appointment In Austrian Embassy Abuja, Can Any One Help Please? / In Gombe, Van Kills 12 Children During Maulud Procession (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.