Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,779 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima (31945 Views)

Peter Obi Is Hellbent On Bringing Armageddon To The Streets Of Nigeria / Gumi Calls Femi Fani-Kayode Judas Of Oduduwa After He Joined APC / Femi Fani-Kayode To Okorocha: 'Judas Of Igboland, Stop Crying' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by oshozondii: 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2022
Former Borno State Governor, Senator Kashim Shettima, says some “Judas Iscariot” in the Southern part of Nigeria are working against realisation of the power shift to the region ahead of 2023 presidential election.

There has been agitation for the zoning of the presidency to the South as President Muhammadu Buhari rounds off his two- term in office in 2023.

Some northern leaders and serving governors like Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna and Babagana Zulum of Borno State have openly thrown their weight behind the agitation for power shift.

Shettima, who is one of the promoters of former Lagos Governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s presidential ambition, expressed concern that some “Judas Iscariot” from the South were “hellbent on becoming spoilers” and wanted to scuttle the chances of the region to produce next president.

He spoke in Abeokuta, Ogun State, while introducing Tinubu to the All Progressives Congress (APC) delegates.

According to him, the enemy of Southern Nigeria is often not the Northern Nigeria, but people from the South who he said are ever ready to play the second fiddle.

The senator also threw jabs at some presidential aspirants from Ogun State who he said they could not garner more than 10 votes, maintaining that they would end up becoming spoilers.

Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, former Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, former House of Representatives Speaker, Dimeji Bankole and a clergyman, Pastor Tunde Bakare, are the four APC presidential aspirants from the state.

Shettima in his remarks urged the South West to back Tinubu to pick the ruling party ticket, saying he remains the only man that could confront the PDP’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

The former Borno State governor also spoke on the role Tinubu played in President Muhammadu Buhari’s emergence, saying without him, Buhari wouldn’t not have picked the party’s ticket in 2015.

He said, “The enemy of Southern Nigeria is often not the Northern Nigeria, but men and women of its own stock, the Judas Iscariot of the Southern race who are ever ready to play the second fiddle.

“This is an informed gathering and I cannot talk to you about leadership, Yorubas, especially the Egba and Ijebu stock are some of the most educated people in Africa.

“….I said earlier we are living in very interesting times and for those of us in the Asiwaju team, we are moved by forest of ideas and the realization that what this country needs is a unifying leader who has neither ethnic nor religious agenda and who is not bound by toxic regional solidarity and yet known for exemplary qualitative leadership. And if you look around, the contenders and the pretenders for the Presidency of this country, there is no one that the cap fits better than the gentle man seated here.”

https://dailytrust.com/2023-presdiency-judas-iscariot-hellbent-on-spoiling-souths-chances-shettima

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by oshozondii: 3:25pm On Jun 03, 2022
Judas Iscariot of Southern race?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by DamianX: 3:26pm On Jun 03, 2022
This 1 is even more greedy than judas

277 Likes 51 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by God1000(m): 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
Who's he talking about? It must be tinubu

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
What Is special about these 2 yoruba morons and that igbo slowpoke obi..

Shebi they are politicians...I dont like politicians.

It's that obi own that is confusing me,He's Igbo and I'm for the igbo race for life..

Am I supposed to support obi...? what did he say he's gonna do?

I still strongly believe all of them na thief

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by MadamVanessa(f): 3:28pm On Jun 03, 2022
shocked

Even without mentioning name , I know he refers to "it's now my turn to be president" " I made him this and I made him that"

263 Likes 74 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by Christistruth00: 3:29pm On Jun 03, 2022
oshozondii:
Judas Iscariot of Southern race?

Orji Kalu is number 1

373 Likes 27 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 3:32pm On Jun 03, 2022
Christistruth00:

Orji Kalu is number 1

See malu..Your lord and personal savior, Alfa Bobo Chicago is championing the iscariot and even Peter that denied and add Thomas for extras cause.

You were acting wise screaming no zoning in the Constitution from the beginning..

Now aboki don use your god do suya, you wan blame newspaper wey dem use wrap am

Onye ala

264 Likes 73 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by Maxymilliano(m): 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2022
There is no where in the constitution of the land that states where candidate must come from, the idea behind rotational presidency is just for unity of the country, and not cast in stones.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by slivertongue: 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
The South will have it

270 Likes 95 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by Racoon(m): 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lawan said: Sometimes it is very difficult to support a Yoruba person in national politics if you are not one.They have a way of making you regret your support because they eventually make you seem like a traitor to your own people. Now all these comments about Bola’s Yoruba presidency and his support of Buhari without which Buhari would not have been president is bullshit.

“He wasn’t the only one whose support made a difference. There were many others from all around the country and they are not bragging about it.You may wish to know that all of us Buhari supporters are shocked and pissed off by Bola’s speech on this occasion. It is unlike him.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/its-unlike-him-babachir-lawan-tackles-tinubu-over-comment-on-buhari/

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by UrPapa: 3:59pm On Jun 03, 2022
There’s only one prominent southern politician rooting for a fulani presidency
But his tribesmen will soon change the narrative

261 Likes 82 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by Putinofrussia: 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2022
oshozondii:

https://dailytrust.com/2023-presdiency-judas-iscariot-hellbent-on-spoiling-souths-chances-shettima
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Shettima,thanks but Tinubu will triumph over all of them.Osinbajo is a good man but I wonder who are those pushing to make him a laughing stock.Is it Pa Adeboye?
Tinubu will trumph.He has the midas touch.
We want growth for Nigeria.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by StrongAlphMale: 4:08pm On Jun 03, 2022
Of course, we already know him
If not Tinubu the druggie, who else before?

330 Likes 107 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by Racoon(m): 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2022
-Akintola betrayed Awolowo.
-Tinubu betrayed MKO Abiola.
-Tinubu betrayed the SW.
The traitors know themselves.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by Faber(m): 4:23pm On Jun 03, 2022
Judas Iscariot

Tinubu don get new name like this o grin grin

272 Likes 82 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by seunmsg(m): 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
Shettima is right.

367 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 4:37pm On Jun 03, 2022
Tinubu is Judas, Ahmed is Carriot

251 Likes 74 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by OfoIgbo: 5:24pm On Jun 03, 2022
Christistruth00:

Orji Kalu is number 1

Tinubu is number 1

It's the turn of the SE. But he wants to usurp that.

OUK already made it clear that if it won't go the SE way, then the NE had better have it.

Tinubu fired the first salvo by working against a SS president in 2015.
He now followed it up by attempting to usurp the SE chance of producing a president for nearly 60 years.

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by Christistruth00: 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Tinubu is number 1

It's the turn of the SE. But he wants to usurp that.

OUK already made it clear that if it won't go the SE way, then the NE had better have it.

Tinubu fired the first salvo by working against a SS president in 2015.
He now followed it up by attempting to usurp the SE chance of producing a president for nearly 60 years.

Why is Orji Kalu Not Supporting Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi then or even Okorocha ?

Orji Kalu also happens to be Igbos Godfather

352 Likes 38 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by OfoIgbo: 5:46pm On Jun 03, 2022
Christistruth00:

Why is Orji Kalu Not Supporting Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi then or even Okorocha ?

Why should he, when Tinubu did not support any Yoruba man in the 2015 presidential election?

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by IkeIgboNile(m): 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2022
The biggest Judas Iscariot is "Mr it's my turn to rule because i made him this and i made him that" while a part of the south haven't had power for almost 50 years.

320 Likes 99 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 03, 2022
Shettima is beginning to cry more than the bereaved...

Vote right, vote Labour, vote Peter obi....

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by konezy1(m): 9:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by JohnBullMySon: 9:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
They're promoting Tinubu cos he's still a Muslim. I'm not trying to be a religious bigot, but I don't think these guys would support Tinubu this much if he were a non-Muslim southerner.

Ironically, that might still be the reason he's being opposed in the south as well.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by Mumusaphire: 9:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
Even tinubu need to beware of that gandollars and the katsina governor because they may be mole in his camp.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: ‘Judas Iscariot’ Hellbent On Spoiling South’s Chances – Shettima by Sunofgod(m): 9:51pm On Jun 03, 2022
Buhari!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Can No Longer Confront Nigerian Soldiers – Major General / Nnamdi Kanu To Osinbajo: Withdraw All Charges Against Me / Ahmed Idris: EFCC Uncovers Another ₦90b ‘Fraud’ Against Accountant-General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.