Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio (22592 Views)

Yahaya Bello Did Not Withdraw Support For Tinubu - APC / "If President Buhari Doesn't Win 2019 Election I Will Kill Myself" - Man (Photo) / Ekiti Election: I Am Coasting To Victory - Eleka, PDP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by SATANICALLY666: 10:17am On Jun 05, 2022
Less than 12 hours after President Muhammadu Buhari urged APC presidential aspirants to meet and come up with a consensus candidate, one of them, Godswill Akpabio, said he will not withdraw from the race.

Mr Akpabio’s position also comes less than 24 hours to the commencement of the presidential primary of the ruling party, APC.

There have been rumours online that the former Senate Minority Leader has withdrawn from the race in favour of an aspirant from the South-west.

But Mr Akpabio, in a post on Facebook on Sunday morning, described the news as “wicked lies” and urged delegates to disregard it.

“Dear national delegates, please disregard the wicked lies making the rounds that I, your choice for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2023, has withdrawn from the race.

“I have not withdrawn from the race because I know you are solidly behind my aspiration. I will not withdraw because I have your support.

“Together, we will triumph and I will emerge the presidential candidate of our party and we will march together to win the presidential election,” he said.

Mr Akpabio, a former governor of Akwa Ibom State, recently resigned as Minister of Niger Delta Affairs to focus on his aspiration of securing the ticket of the ruling party to contest the 2023 presidential election.

He has been travelling around the country to seek the support of APC delegates. He was in Edo State on Saturday to meet with the party’s delegates.

Mr Akpabio is one of the 23 aspirants cleared by the APC to take part in its presidential election taking place in Abuja from Monday to Wednesday.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how President Muhammadu Buhari told the aspirants, on Saturday, to consult and produce a consensus candidate among themselves.

Apart from Mr Akpabio, the other APC presidential aspirants include Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Senate President Ahmad Lawan, ex-Lagos governor Bola Tinubu, Ekiti Governor Kayode Fayemi and Ebonyi Governor David Umahi.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/534845-apc-presidential-primary-i-will-not-withdraw-akpabio-says.html

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by successmatters(m): 10:18am On Jun 05, 2022
Akpabio should hang on in there, since the south west aspirants cannot step down for their south east brothers, let south south hang in there and divide the votes further.

Except the south come together and love themselves, they will continue to fall to northern manipulation.

Peter Obi for president , because he is most qualified, and because its the turn of the south east.

105 Likes 11 Shares

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by God1000(m): 10:19am On Jun 05, 2022
Does he think he can win the ticket, another wishful thinker

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by duro4chang(m): 10:19am On Jun 05, 2022
Yes now. Even if you will score zero

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by FakeUnity: 10:19am On Jun 05, 2022
Tinubu and other candidates should step down for Akpabio. SW have had their share already.

91 Likes 11 Shares

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by yinkus6750(m): 10:21am On Jun 05, 2022
Continue to the end.
Good to contest and know your worth.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by Oracleforce: 10:25am On Jun 05, 2022
SATANICALLY666:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/534845-apc-presidential-primary-i-will-not-withdraw-akpabio-says.html

Akpabio who cant command delegates in Akwa Ibom, talkless of the entire niger/delta states is saying that he cant withdraw,

make thunder fire that his mouth... who wants to elect this crooked as the president...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by slivertongue: 10:27am On Jun 05, 2022
APC seasonal movie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by iCauseTrouble: 10:30am On Jun 05, 2022
The beauty about all the noise for Peter Obi is that he has not paid SHI SHI for campaign. But everywhere you go Peter Obi like MTN.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by RaptObserver: 10:30am On Jun 05, 2022
Obong man continue

6 Likes

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by Brainjotting: 10:30am On Jun 05, 2022
Let's see where all these gra gra will end.

I write business plans/proposals for people at affordable price

3 Likes

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by inoki247: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2022
Make dem du the Primary and stop all this Nonsense Consensus talk....

So that who go cry go fit cry with public disgrace and av people we can drag for the whole week....

2 Likes

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by LilyColin(f): 10:31am On Jun 05, 2022
Lol

Meanwhile, baba tosibe & his useless urchins go cry us a River on Monday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by omoredia: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2022
A lot of regular Nigerians support the current state of things cos they have the hope that sooner or later they will stand to benefit from the corrupt system. That's why u still see them supporting candidates that are clearly corrupt. Good morning all!

#supportomoredia4president

5 Likes

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by Foreigna2: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2022
Someone that can't even win Senatorial election

2 Likes

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by Udemzy05: 10:32am On Jun 05, 2022
How can you spend over #100m for form and mobilising people for your declaration only for you to step down at the last minute.

President position na joke to you?

9 Likes

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by olamakinde(m): 10:32am On Jun 05, 2022
successmatters:

Akpabio should hang on in there, since the south west aspirants cannot step down for their south east brothers, let south south hang in there and divide the votes further.

Except the south come together and love themselves, they will continue to fall to northern manipulation.

Peter Obi for president , because he is most qualified, and because its the turn of the south east.

be deceiving yourself

12 Likes

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by havenz(m): 10:32am On Jun 05, 2022
You withdraw or not, the outcome of the result must withdraw you.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by citygarden(m): 10:33am On Jun 05, 2022
And he will collect wotowoto tomorrow, don't step down o.

5 Likes

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by mrvitalis(m): 10:33am On Jun 05, 2022
Oracleforce:

Akpabio who cant command delegates in Akwa Ibom, talkless of the entire niger/delta states is saying that he cant withdraw,

make thunder fire that his mouth... who wants to elect this crooked as the president...

But u support osibanjo n tinubu ?

1 Like

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by ufuosman(m): 10:33am On Jun 05, 2022
Ur type na dey step down

4 Likes

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by DeleTaller: 10:33am On Jun 05, 2022
SATANICALLY666:

Jesus.. I am just remembering now that Akpabio self dey the race.. some people are not just popular..
And someone's name will not go unmentioned every blessed day. Oga oo
This life no balance

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by flysly(m): 10:33am On Jun 05, 2022
Akpabio stands no chance,he will end up like dele momodu in the pdp primaries.

8 Likes

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by Toneypen247(m): 10:34am On Jun 05, 2022
H
Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by PrinceOfLagos: 10:35am On Jun 05, 2022
And some Tinubu slaves lied that Akpabio stepped down for Tinubu

I laugh grin

I said it last night that I will not take any news serious again till after Tuesday

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by DonWest16(m): 10:35am On Jun 05, 2022
Nor be only withdraw.

Na withdrawal method!

Let the Political games begin already. We will get the verdict come tomorrow.

5 Likes

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by omofunaab(m): 10:35am On Jun 05, 2022
successmatters:

Lmao

2 Likes

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by Pristine664: 10:36am On Jun 05, 2022
successmatters:

Lol sometimes I laugh at you Peter Obi supporters...

With one mouth you will tell the SW that you will rather support the North.
With the same mouth you will tell other Southerners to support Obi. cool

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by b3llo(m): 10:38am On Jun 05, 2022
Ok o... Delegates go feast on your money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio by adioolayi(m): 10:38am On Jun 05, 2022
Don't waste delegates votes baba

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Attends Juma’at Prayer, Inspects APC Campaign Secretariat / Enugu Awaits Arrival Of President Buhari (Photos) / Wike On Edo Election: Everyone Wear Your Jean Trousers, Protect Your Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.