Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom (37644 Views)

Nigerian Man Speaks Out Against Alleged Racism In Europe (video) / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! / Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Gamesmart: 6:28pm On Jun 06, 2022
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Gamesmart: 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2022
Babaire:

Yes we do. I earn £4,500 after tax, I don't pay children school fee, neither do I pay hospital bill even for myself. My rent is £1,000 a month.

Between, why convert to Naira in the first place. Was he paid in Naira.

Let him go back home I beg

What kind of apartment?

In what city?
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by TYCO77: 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
HRprof:
A Nigerian man living abroad got people talking after he revealed the cost of rent where he lives.

According to him, the rent per month is between N562k and 975k.

https://twitter.com/IamOlajideAwe/status/1532240778776428544?t=ltrI-xaqxwW2mC3HYE736g&s=19

He said: "Get it right: Things are better here but you will not sit down and hope you will make it here. It depends on what you do and how well grounded you are sha."

NairaLand in UK what’s your take on this

Living abroad earning British Pounds Sterling and comparing expenditure in Naira makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2022
Oya naa, just come back and enjoy the rent in the Zoo.. Must you complain..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Gamesmart: 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2022
Jondelng:

grin
After making ten times the pay, everything you buy is 10 times the cost.
The only differnece is, there is security and things are planned and nobody will owe you, you can plan yourself well, but it is also very risky, because maybe person sick now, no go work for 1 month, or e get accident, e don finish be dat.
E turn homeless, bankless, jobless…

Very well said!
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Legendoo: 6:40pm On Jun 06, 2022
Gamesmart:

I love that girl. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Did you see them moaning . I mean the so called high income earners grin

After a whole 100k salary, na 5.2k go remain and u dey London rent three bedroom grin. No be juju be dat grin.

Bro naija is hard , we can't argue that away, but I maintain, abroad hard die , even on a big salary. Sadly most people don't even earn as much in reality and prices keep going up.

Don't understand why they think this is to discourage them. It's simply being honest about the reality of life here .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by faceland: 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2022
HRprof:

Are you telling us that they make upto 1m in a month?
He is only talking about rent by the time he pays bills and other things money don finish be that

They has to be cleaners in that London, and they have houses. So may be they have cheaper houses/neighborhoods, have roommate, or rent one room on AirBnB type of services (which can actually make profit). Also have two jobs.

Long story short: There is no way London is harder than Nigeria (for the poor talakawas), no fucking way.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by sundayoluwatimi(m): 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2022
Why are they converting the Pounds to Naira? Are they earning Naira in Pounds? The rent is high undoubtedly but no need converting it to Naira since we don't know their earnings in Naira too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by mcdokwe(m): 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2022
I was shocked when my brother told me what he pays in rent weekly, but then, there's no need earning in pounds and comparing in naira.

Na as you make am you spend am
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:52pm On Jun 06, 2022
Firstly, off all places you went to the UK. That is laughable. Secondly, if you're tired you can come back home, or even better head to the Balkans or north Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Asour: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
HRprof:

He is only talking about rent by the time he pays bills and other things money don finish be that

Of course, N1m isn't even up to £2000.

And these guys earn more than £2000.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by CocoaOla: 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2022
MINIMUM WAGES COMPARISON

Nigeria=N30,000.00 equivalent to £38.4

UK=£1,471.36 equivalent to N1,147,,660.08

Breakdown: £8.36 x average 8 hrs per day = 66.48 x 22 working days = £1,471.36 x N780 =N1,147,660.08

Monthly Minimum wage is:
Nigeria N30k
UK N1.4m
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Cousin9999: 7:01pm On Jun 06, 2022
How many times are people going to post this?

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by mekybabe1: 7:06pm On Jun 06, 2022
Uk where if you get correct job, you can earn about £700 pounds per week. Except you're lazy,your life will definitely be far better than it is in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Babaire: 7:06pm On Jun 06, 2022
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Freerhyme1(m): 7:07pm On Jun 06, 2022
Stop complaining plz, I payed more in Luxembourg, if UK don tire you please go back to Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Babaire: 7:08pm On Jun 06, 2022
Gamesmart:

What kind of apartment?

In what city?

Pharmacist, Kidderminster

E be like say na UK you dey, make I come chop Amala

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by erico2k2(m): 7:12pm On Jun 06, 2022
HRprof:

Everyone renting a room in London earn above N1million a month, FYI N1millio is just £1300 in todays money, even those on benefits get more than that

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by uuzba(m): 7:12pm On Jun 06, 2022
Babaire:

Google is your friend. Minimum wage here is £9.18/hr
And you will still blow everything before month end. Because every other thing there is expensive. Even if you only eat bread and beans daily .
We've done all these thing's before.
Make una carry una UK dey go.
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by erico2k2(m): 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2022
mcdokwe:
I was shocked when my brother told me what he pays in rent weekly, but then, there's no need earning in pounds and comparing in naira.

Na as you make am you spend am
E go shock you more if He tell U howmuch he earns in 1 week

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by uuzba(m): 7:15pm On Jun 06, 2022
erico2k2:

E go shock you more if He tell U howmuch he earns in 1 week
The problem be say, they cannot even carry that money and come back.
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by uuzba(m): 7:16pm On Jun 06, 2022
erico2k2:

Everyone renting a room in London earn above N1million a month, FYI N1millio is just £1300 in todays money, even those on benefits get more than that
Na you Sabi pass
But you guys will not carry that money and come back.
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by adecz: 7:18pm On Jun 06, 2022
Gamesmart:

This one knows nothing about the thing called "tax".

In the UK
⏩You enjoy good roads
⏩Steady electrify
⏩Good security, no herdsmen, BH,
Unknown gunmen.
⏩You travel anytime without fear of kidnap.
⏩Affordable food
⏩Free education for your kids
⏩Government housing if eligible
⏩Social welfare if eligible.
⏩Steady water supply ( no borehole)

And many other intangible benefits,
but you don't want to pay tax.

LThat is a welfare society and they
fund it with relatively high tax. If you no
like am, then return and face bandits here.

Na your type dey bypass NEPA meter
& dodge paying contribution for maiguard
etc. ❌❌�

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by uuzba(m): 7:19pm On Jun 06, 2022
ichidodo:
That's why my relatives over there are always stingy. Instead of video games or electronic gadgets they send clothes that themselves have already worn out....
Na shame dey keep people for UK.
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by F117nighthawk: 7:22pm On Jun 06, 2022
What of the salary u earn in pounds sterling?, tell us how much u earn monthly and we compare to what u pay on rent monthly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by theamazonguru(m): 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2022
OgaTheTop2:
Mortgage sir.

Ehn ehn now you are talking.
Mortgage is better than rent na.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by erico2k2(m): 7:34pm On Jun 06, 2022
uuzba:

Na you Sabi pass
But you guys will not carry that money and come back.
wetin u mean by nah me sabi pass, person wey nor dey work dey get at least £1400 FOC in month cos dem dey stay free house.I dey tell you smthing U dey show yoursef here.Also wetin concern U with what anybody do with him own money? dem come beg you 4 money??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Enumerator(m): 7:34pm On Jun 06, 2022
cheesy
JosephXavier:
Rent is cheap in Sokoto and Borno State, he should try those places
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by erico2k2(m): 7:34pm On Jun 06, 2022
uuzba:

The problem be say, they cannot even carry that money and come back.
Well you relative wey you get 4 abroad SLOW be dat

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Enumerator(m): 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2022
Na peter obi go make UK rent cheap ni? undecided
donjazet:
Please vote for Pete Obi. He is the best choice moving forward.
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by PlaYaJones: 7:36pm On Jun 06, 2022
meobizy:
He can always come back home. I bet he won't consider that.

U wanto movvvin wit me? I no u like moiney
sir.anyways my rent is only £1400 a month & I leavvvin pekam,London. U WANT?? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Experience With "God Bless Ezenwata Motors" / Nigerian Lady Mourns Her Sister Who Died In Motor Accident / Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.