Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom (37558 Views)

Nigerian Man Speaks Out Against Alleged Racism In Europe (video) / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! / Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by brandsoncharlie: 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2022
fykes:
Also tell us that in a month, an average unschooled labourer in UK makes around 1.5m
Can you tells us what kind of job is that and the name of the company that pay such monthly.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Legendoo: 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
GreyLaw:

Don't mind them being clever by half! Some earn around $50-70k on average as a doctor. Some IT guys earn far more.

In Lagos, there are places people pay X5 of that money per year. In some places in Ikoyi people pay 15 to 55million per year.

Go through this thread.

You guys have no Idea

https://twitter.com/moneybagjo_/status/1533098669427367937?t=CR21_wYWp3IqRJxh4llHUw&s=19
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Babaire: 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
HRprof:

Are you telling us that they make upto 1m in a month?
He is only talking about rent by the time he pays bills and other things money don finish be that

Yes we do. I earn £4,500 after tax, I don't pay children school fee, neither do I pay hospital bill even for myself. My rent is £1,000 a month.

Between, why convert to Naira in the first place. Was he paid in Naira.

Let him go back home I beg

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
TimmyTen:
Come back to 9ja. I don’t like foolish comparison. You forget they make up to 10 times the pay people make in 9ja for the same job or labor.

But the minimum wage is max. 7 pounds in the UK.

So, it means you have to do many jobs to live in Central London where you have many job opportunities.
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Abujason: 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2022
HRprof:
A Nigerian man living abroad got people talking after he revealed the cost of rent where he lives.

According to him, the rent per month is between N562k and 975k.

https://twitter.com/IamOlajideAwe/status/1532240778776428544?t=ltrI-xaqxwW2mC3HYE736g&s=19

He said: "Get it right: Things are better here but you will not sit down and hope you will make it here. It depends on what you do and how well grounded you are sha."

NairaLand in UK what’s your take on this

Relocate back to your village na.
Rent is still free there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by wiringdpt(m): 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2022
I live in SA and I pay 550k per month excluding electricity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Sureboyy(m): 5:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
uchaymart:
When are you coming back?

You have tried cool

This is same as that average Nigerian that will never tell a friend or neighbor that " Guy my company is looking for who to employ oo"

When you ask him, "Guy how work"?

"Oooboi my Brother them want use work kill person pikin oo"

Meanwhile him no want resign where them want use work take kill am oo grin grin...

Naija!!! We don see Una finish oo

Werey grin
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by meobizy(f): 5:45pm On Jun 06, 2022
He can always come back home. I bet he won't consider that.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Babaire: 5:45pm On Jun 06, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

Can you tells us what kind of job is that and the name of the company that pay such monthly.

If he works 40hrs a week on average minimum wage of £10/hrs. That's £1,600. Some earn more depending on the job you do

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by OgaTheTop2: 5:45pm On Jun 06, 2022
theamazonguru:

Wow.
Rent or mortgage for a purchased house?
Mortgage sir.
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by HernanCortes: 5:45pm On Jun 06, 2022
This guy hasn't been back to Nigeria for a while

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by GloriousGbola: 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
Nothing as irritating as these silly price it in naira games. All you are really saying is the naira is a shit currency

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by MrCover: 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by CocoaOla: 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
So UK now spend naira awon enemy of progress NIGERIANS move if you want

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by AsgardEmmy: 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
Brothers, please come back and enjoy our lovely country. We have great people and great potential here.
Stop complaining bro. You don't need to get visa to come back to your lovely village.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by jojothaiv(m): 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
chatinent:
Ok. Convert your monthly pay from all the jobs you do to Naira. Na only overheads una dey like convert to Naira show Nigerians.

Come back make another person go
Correct yarns...

Na why I no dey feel their okoto yarnings and jonzing cappings again. If e hard make dem come back na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2022
Ngwa come back Nigeria make another person go na! Abi them point you gun for there say make you no come back?

You ungreatful pig

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Babaire: 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

But the minimum wage is max. 7 pounds in the UK.

So, it means you have to do many jobs to live in Central London where you have many job opportunities.

Google is your friend. Minimum wage here is £9.18/hr

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Gamesmart: 5:49pm On Jun 06, 2022
fykes:
Also tell us that in a month, an average unschooled labourer in UK makes around 1.5m

You are indeed ignorant about "the abroad".

The average unschooled labourer does not make N1.5m; it is less than that. But let's indulge you.

Lets say the average labourer does make N1.5m. By the time he pays taxes, national insurance and pension contributions, about 22% would have gone out of it. Leaving N1.17m.

Now considering you chose to claim a very high average, that means this labourer is likely to be "labouring" in London to earn such wages. That means the upper limit of those rent figures would apply to the labourer if he wants to live in a 2 bedroom apartment, as London is the most expensive place to live. So that is N975,000 per month.

Now that leaves him with how much after he pays this rent? N195,000.

If that N195,000 per month even good enough to live Western life in Lagos? Talk less of London.

In London, he would still have to pay council tax first of about N48K per month and then face BUS transport bills that are N900 to get on for one journey (i.e. one way) anytime he goes out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by jojothaiv(m): 5:49pm On Jun 06, 2022
ichidodo:
That's why my relatives over there are always stingy. Instead of video games or electronic gadgets they send clothes that themselves have already worn out....
Boss, bone matter.

Na everywhere hard but make you no lie shey you go like chest hardness for Naija or Jand? I no dey too believe all this their yarnings..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2022
TimmyTen:
Come back to 9ja. I don’t like foolish comparison. You forget they make up to 10 times the pay people make in 9ja for the same job or labor.
grin
After making ten times the pay, everything you buy is 10 times the cost.
The only differnece is, there is security and things are planned and nobody will owe you, you can plan yourself well, but it is also very risky, because maybe person sick now, no go work for 1 month, or e get accident, e don finish be dat.
E turn homeless, bankless, jobless…

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by yusufmurry: 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2022
chatinent:
Ok. Convert your monthly pay from all the jobs you do to Naira. Na only overheads una dey like convert to Naira show Nigerians.

No mind them, na busy body dey cause

I know how much my friend is making on monthly basis and after all the expenses, him still get savings

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by phemmyfour: 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
chatinent:

seconded
He was complaining about insurance when his mate here cannot even afford 15yrs old tokunbo car

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by 8stargeneral: 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
Just come back home...I HV a house for u free

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2022
Babaire:

Google is your friend. Minimum wage here is £9.18/hr

Do the math if you live in Central London where estimated monthly cost of living is 1160 pounds without rent.

How many hours per week do you work?
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by starstunna1313(m): 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2022
chatinent:

Lolz.. I swear. He is even staying in a cheap place. Maybe na council house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by ukaface(f): 5:56pm On Jun 06, 2022
This man's problem is converting his pounds to Naira.
No dey do like that, nothing suppose concern you with Naira again. Naira- Pounds syndrome.

If you are earning 20£ per hour and you are working 40 hours in a week, that is 800£ in a week o, and 3200£ in a month, I don't know how the tax is done, but give or take you going home with 2560£. Rent- 750 Abi Na 1000. You shouldn't be that broke to cry like a baby Na.
But why you go dey live for two bedroom? He must be a family man. If he is then his wife definitely should be supportive.

If he wants to do the syndrome thing 2560 × 742=₦1,899,520 in a month o, then in a year= ₦22,794,240.

Bros if u.k yaff tire you come back and see if you will earn as much in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by SmartyPants(m): 5:58pm On Jun 06, 2022
Nigeriainpeace:
Is even better over there, I pay 700k for one bed room here in abuja

Per year. His is monthly

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by wilroy: 5:58pm On Jun 06, 2022
It is always the immigrants that complain about the bills and all
They sha go say something about the bills sha noni
Shame on you all
Now you’re on the greener pastures and y’all still crying? SMH

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by zolajpower: 5:59pm On Jun 06, 2022
SarkinYarki:
You complained of high rent in Nigeria, you Japa to UK and now still complain of high rent ..please what do U want?

He needs to go to moon or Jupiter , rent is cheaper there. Elon musk will help grin
grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by codemaniacs: 6:01pm On Jun 06, 2022
ukaface:
This man's problem is converting his pounds to Naira.
No dey do like that, nothing suppose concern you with Naira again. Naira- Pounds syndrome.

If you are earning 20£ per hour and you are working 40 hours in a week, that is 800£ in a week o, and 3200£ in a month, I don't know how the tax is done, but give or take you going home with 2560£. Rent- 750 Abi Na 1000. You shouldn't be that broke to cry like a baby Na.
But why you go dey live for two bedroom? He must be a family man. If he is then his wife definitely should be supportive.

If he wants to do the syndrome thing 2560 × 742=₦1,899,520 in a month o, then in a year= ₦22,794,240.

Bros if u.k yaff tire you come back and see if you will earn as much in Nigeria.
Cloud007:
don't mind OP oh...you make around £2000 every month with £700 for rent for 2 bed. Bills with food is extra 300 every month. You still get to save almost a thousand pounds every month. Can you do it in Nigeria? Now if you are with family...you might be making around 3,500 in a Month with your spouse. You might be saving about 2000 a Month. All this, is the least you can get from UK economy when you earn the basic minimum income. Now when you got a good job. The rest they say is history....

You forgot to add transportation expenses or fuel expenses if his owns a car, electricity expenses, water bill expenses, health insurance expenses, hospital expenses, internet expenses if the place his staying doesn't have free internet, garbage disposal expenses, cleaning expenses if he doesn't clean his apartment by himself, professional courses expenses if he intends furthering his career e.t.c
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Legendoo: 6:01pm On Jun 06, 2022
Gamesmart:

You are indeed ignorant about "the abroad".

The average unschooled labourer does not make N1.5m; it is less than that. But let's indulge you.

Lets say the average labourer does make N1.5m. By the time he pays taxes, national insurance and pension contributions, about 22% would have gone out of it. Leaving N1.17m.

Now considering you chose to claim a very high average, that means this labourer is likely to be "labouring" in London to earn such wages. That means the upper limit of those rent figures would apply to the labourer if he wants to live in a 2 bedroom apartment, as London is the most expensive place to live. So that is N975,000 per month.

Now that leaves him with how much after he pays this rent? N195,000.

If that N195,000 per month even good enough to live Western life in Lagos? Talk less of London.

In London, he would still have to pay council tax first of about N48K per month and then face BUS transport bills that are N900 to get on for one journey anytime he goes out.

You dig cheesy..

They'll still not get it. It's a math's problem .

You forgot to deduct those pesky half an hour lunch breaks grin.

They just calculate 10 * 40 and boom , you're a millionaire grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures Of Some Beautiful Places In Dubai, United Arab Emirates / Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing / Any Other Nigerian Here In Barbados?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.