Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) (4265 Views)

What To Do When You Get Ghosted By A Potential Employer / Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary / Man Going For Interview Speaks Rudely To Prospective Employer Inside KEKE NAPEP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Supremedrizzy(m): 9:47am On Jun 08, 2022
As a fresh graduate I've been scavenging Nairaland job section like my life depends on it, luckily I got a remote job a couple of months back with a pay of 25k from a Nairalander to work as a website admin.

My job description was basically to source for content and publish on the blog. I was managing the job while looking for something better. After working for a month and half I tried logging in to the site to discover that I was no longer able to post.

I contacted my boss and he kept asking me to wait that he will get back to me. I kept calling almost daily because I knew the work was on pay as you work basis so I was a bit desperate cos bills were pilling up. Towards ending of last month he gave me a new job description with the salary reduced to 20k and still paused the job after one week with instruction to get back to him on the first day of this month.

All messages and calls to this baba since then has been unanswered without reply. I just feel hurt being left hanging in that way, at least he would have told me that I'm being sacked so I can channel my hope else where.

8 Likes

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by LuvsBeautifl: 9:54am On Jun 08, 2022
Sorry about it. If you know his moniker, you can drop it here for others to be weary. On the other hand, maybe you should give him a bit more time. While you are at it, search for free courses on social media management and other areas too. Keep upgrading and upskilling. You can check Reno Omokri's masterclass on YouTube for hustling ideas. Don't give up.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Elmojiid(m): 10:03am On Jun 08, 2022
Sic parvis magna(greatness from small beginnings) better days man and I wish u the best, move on.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Klass99(f): 10:14am On Jun 08, 2022
smiley

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Supremedrizzy(m): 10:30am On Jun 08, 2022
Klass99:
Did he at least pay you for the period of time you worked? Perhaps he wasn't pleased with the blog content you produced and rather than have an honest conversation with you about it, he was cowardly like most managers and bosses are. They shy away from giving honest feedback on a person's work when it is in their best interest and yours for them to do so. If he didn't pay you pls drop his username so other forumites will not fall prey to him.

He never complained, but always made corrections where necessary. He's not owing though, he even sent me 5k overdraft last month for data and I only worked a few days before he stopped work... So I'm still owning him like 2k or so if I minus the number of days I worked.

1 Like

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Klass99(f): 10:37am On Jun 08, 2022
smiley

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by dawnomike(m): 11:10am On Jun 08, 2022
I pray God compensates you with a better job offer ... The guy intention was to use you all along

1 Like

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by ajekpaks(m): 11:10am On Jun 08, 2022
Klass99:

In that case die this matter and move on. You can ask the Mods to help you delete the thread as well and start looking for new work to do.

Exactly

4 Likes

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Supremedrizzy(m): 11:14am On Jun 08, 2022
Klass99:

In that case die this matter and move on. You can ask the Mods to help you delete the thread as well and start looking for new work to do.
The intention of the post wasn't to call anyone out, just narrating my experience and hoping for a better job.
Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Klass99(f): 12:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
smiley

15 Likes

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by IsellSmartTvs: 2:03pm On Jun 08, 2022
Pple feed on desperation
Stay calm and keep searching.Hope is what keeps everyone going,it’s not as if we all kept money somewhere or it grows on trees
Believe it,u will look back to this very day and smile

8 Likes

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Supremedrizzy(m): 2:11pm On Jun 08, 2022
Klass99:

You still don't have a valid case or argument here and you should edit your original post or take down this thread. By narrating your experience you initially made it sound like the boss had done you some of kind wrong when he hasn't.

You could have indicated your need for a job without reference to him, the job he gave you and all that. For all you know this guy may have valid reasons for not engaging you any further for work which he hasn't communicated.

If I had a vacancy or role to fill I won't contact you either based on this thread because what you are doing is off putting. You are new to the world of work, this is not how things are done ooo.
Okay madam... What is your problem with my thread? I didn't say anything bad about my boss, I'm just upset about how I was ghosted without any reason. But if you feel its okay then I wish you the same. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by EXLOVER(m): 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2022
GrandfinaIe2021:
drop his contact and nairaland moniker let's all call out and disgrace the Bastard.
If possible his pics too

Call him out how? What did he do? He paid him for the job, he's not owing him, what do you want to call him out for?

2 Likes

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by EXLOVER(m): 2:55pm On Jun 08, 2022
Supremedrizzy:

Okay madam... What is your problem with my thread? I didn't say anything bad about my boss, I'm just upset about how I was ghosted without any reason. But if you feel its okay then I wish you the same. Thank you

Move on with your life, someone is giving you a good advise, you're still behaving like a worm

8 Likes

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by ojorich(m): 3:07pm On Jun 08, 2022
Klass99:

If I had a vacancy or role to fill I won't contact you either based on this thread because what you are doing is off putting. You are new to the world of work, this is not how things are done ooo.

To be honest, neither would I.

5 Likes

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Karleb(m): 3:27pm On Jun 08, 2022
As long as the guy is not owing you, you don't have the right to call him out.

1 Like

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Moneyyman: 5:26pm On Jun 08, 2022
This OP, listen to advise and take down this thread. Beg the mods to delete it before it hits frontpage.

You shouldn't call that guy out this way. No one will hire you if they see this post and link it to you. Listen to good advise and take it down.

I know why I'm saying this.

4 Likes

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by seanwilliam(m): 5:59pm On Jun 08, 2022
Supremedrizzy:

with this kind of response , omo I no fit do business with you

3 Likes

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Octopusssy(f): 6:42pm On Jun 08, 2022
EXLOVER:

Move on with your life, someone is giving you a good advise, you're still behaving like a worm
How do worms behave?
Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by haggai247: 7:34pm On Jun 08, 2022
Entitled entitimentality
he hired you he payed you case closed...you should thank God you are not dealing with a person like me.
Here's my No bs guide to get your shit together.
Get good at what you do.
Improve your writing nd research skill
Being an entrepreneur is hard if it was easy you won't be looking for a job.
Shout out to the MVP out there making payroll while workers think they could do it better

4 Likes

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Klass99(f): 7:44pm On Jun 08, 2022
smiley

1 Like

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by InsideLove(f): 7:55pm On Jun 08, 2022
Klass99:

You still don't have a valid case or argument here and you should edit your original post or take down this thread. By narrating your experience you initially made it sound like the boss had done you some of kind wrong when he hasn't.

You could have indicated your need for a job without reference to him, the job he gave you and all that. For all you know this guy may have valid reasons for not engaging you any further for work which he hasn't communicated.

Calm down with all the sermons. So he shouldn't make post when he has been ignoring him?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Klass99(f): 8:38pm On Jun 08, 2022
smiley

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by 50Kilometer: 8:44pm On Jun 08, 2022
Good thing they did that because you lack sense.
Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Kingzeez10: 8:45pm On Jun 08, 2022
Klass99:

You will be ghosted many more times in your quest for honest and decent work to do. Will you call out every boss or potential employer who ghosts you? Will you text them incessantly to complain about the fact that they are ignoring your calls or texts?

Did it occur to you that this guy may be in the hospital, dealing with the death of a loved one or the loss of a job himself? And responding to certain calls or texts is not a priority for him right now. Let's even assume none of these scenarios is his reality, you could have stopped texting after your chats of 1st June as shown in your screen shots.

You never know what's going on at the other end with an employer or recruiter, it's best to reach out once in a very polite manner, then keep your cool afterwards and don't lose it by blowing off steam or going on a rant about how they are ignoring you, it's not fair blah blah blah.

I once interviewed for a job with a prestigious company where I was one of the four finalists. 4 weeks later there was no feedback, just radio silence. I kept wondering what's up, they should at least let me know if I was successful or not. By the 5th week HR called to say he was just checking up on his candidates, with no update or solid feedback on the outcome of the interviews.

I could have easily gone off the rails and ranted to them about how unprofessional it is, to not give candidates feedback after they've taken time to interview blah blah blah and given them a piece of my mind, but I didn't. By the 8th week HR emailed me with an offer, on resuming work 2 weeks later he explained that the company decided to restructure shortly after our interviews and they wanted to get that exercise out of the way, before bringing in new hires.

I was their 1st choice candidate, but do you think they would have still extended an offer had I gone off the rails to rant and call them out like you are doing? No, they wouldn't. They would have gone with their 2nd choice candidate because of my outburst and attitude. You never know what's going on behind the scenes, so stay calm and mentally move on. If you hear back great, if you don't just keep it moving.

This guy does not owe you money for work done, you said you were managing this job while looking for something better, now you are whinning about him ghosting you because nothing good or better came along for you, so his work became your lifeline. It's courteous to return calls and respond to messages which he hasn't done, but me sef when people provoke or annoy me I tend to ignore their calls and texts until I am ready to talk to them. The chats you sent by 6th June were whiny and annoying, enough to make anyone ignore you.
Thanks for taking your time to educate the young lad.

5 Likes

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Klass99(f): 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2022
smiley

7 Likes

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by missimelda01(f): 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2022
Omo this issue is somehow. As much as I think OP shouldn't have made this post public considering the fact that he met his employer on this platform, I also don't think it's okay to ghost anyone. If you'll be absent for some reasons, I think you should communicate properly and not keep your employee hanging.
OP is a good person, he was even asking to work for the extra money he was paid.

Nairaland judges should calm down.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Supremedrizzy(m): 8:57pm On Jun 08, 2022
50Kilometer:
Good thing they did that because you lack sense.
Thank You
Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Supremedrizzy(m): 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2022
Karleb:
As long as the guy is not owing you, you don't have the right to call him out.
People make posts every day about happenings in their workplace, I didn't mention any moniker and the name on my chat is blurred because the boss in question does not owe me which I've stated. I've moved on, I don't just get the reason why I'm being vilified on the thread, it's not like I insulted the person in question. What exactly is my crime
Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by ibizgirl(f): 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2022
Thank you.

missimelda01:
Omo this issue is somehow. As much as I think OP shouldn't have made this post public considering the fact that he met his employer on this platform, I also don't think it's okay to ghost anyone. If you'll be absent for some reasons, I think you should communicate properly and not keep your employee hanging.
OP is a good person, he was even asking to work for the extra money he was paid.

Nairaland judges should calm down.
Re: How My Nairaland Employer Ghosted Me (photos) by Ay04z(m): 9:05pm On Jun 08, 2022
Klass99:

You will be ghosted many more times in your quest for honest and decent work to do. Will you call out every boss or potential employer who ghosts you? Will you text them incessantly to complain about the fact that they are ignoring your calls or texts?

Did it occur to you that this guy may be in the hospital, dealing with the death of a loved one or the loss of a job himself? And responding to certain calls or texts is not a priority for him right now. Let's even assume none of these scenarios is his reality, you could have stopped texting after your chats of 1st June as shown in your screen shots.

You never know what's going on at the other end with an employer or recruiter, it's best to reach out once in a very polite manner, then keep your cool afterwards and don't lose it by blowing off steam or going on a rant about how they are ignoring you, it's not fair blah blah blah.

I once interviewed for a job with a prestigious company where I was one of the four finalists. 4 weeks later there was no feedback, just radio silence. I kept wondering what's up, they should at least let me know if I was successful or not. By the 5th week HR called to say he was just checking up on his candidates, with no update or solid feedback on the outcome of the interviews.

I could have easily gone off the rails and ranted to them about how unprofessional it is, to not give candidates feedback after they've taken time to interview blah blah blah and given them a piece of my mind, but I didn't. By the 8th week HR emailed me with an offer, on resuming work 2 weeks later he explained that the company decided to restructure shortly after our interviews and they wanted to get that exercise out of the way, before bringing in new hires.

I was their 1st choice candidate, but do you think they would have still extended an offer had I gone off the rails to rant and call them out like you are doing? No, they wouldn't. They would have gone with their 2nd choice candidate because of my outburst and attitude. You never know what's going on behind the scenes, so stay calm and mentally move on. If you hear back great, if you don't just keep it moving.

This guy does not owe you money for work done, you said you were managing this job while looking for something better, now you are whinning about him ghosting you because nothing good or better came along for you, so his work became your lifeline. It's courteous to return calls and respond to messages which he hasn't done, but me sef when people provoke or annoy me I tend to ignore their calls and texts until I am ready to talk to them. The chats you sent by 6th June were whiny and annoying, enough to make anyone ignore you.
good one..... Thanks.. Put

Am out of this thread.. Asap. Op no. Wan learn..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crane Operators (sparrows Stage 3 Offshore Crane Operator's Certificate) / Anyone Got A Job Through Nairaland? / Part Time Teachers/tutors In All Discipline Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.