Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,458 members, 7,861,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins (19262 Views)

Wike Meets PDP Governors, Ex-Governors As Rift With Atiku Deepens (Pictures) / Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? / Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by Afoyi: 6:22am On Jun 09, 2022
Alright
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by Badgers14: 6:22am On Jun 09, 2022
grin
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 6:23am On Jun 09, 2022
Wow! The haters of tinubu are now the one giving him good advice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by Cajal(m): 6:24am On Jun 09, 2022
RaptObserver:
Tinubu should pick the governor of Plateau state. He is a Christian. But I know Fulani leaders don't like Plateau indigenes. They will rather prefer he picks an Igbo man instead. Well, Tinubu should be careful before he plays into the hands of his enemies.
It's LALONG...
LALONG has been v diplomatic concerning ethnoreligious crisis in Jos unlike war chief ..Jonah Jang

In fact I met some big Fulani in Kano that were singing praise of LALONG concerning their people in Jos

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by Great2017: 6:24am On Jun 09, 2022
RaptObserver:

No amount of calming down will save him if he doesn't pick a Christian. But then, if he picks a Muslim he has a better chance of winning Northern votes massively because his campaign agents will simply tell them up North that the president and vice are Muslims so their interests are protected. But then, if Atiku wins that is the end of one Nigeria because all the parties won't gamble with fielding a Southern candidate again in a presidential election. So southerners who still want to remain in this country must support Tinubu regardless of the religion of his VP. This is based on political expediency not sentiments.
Is Tinubu the only southern Presidential candidate? Why use the word: must ?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by SoundGuitar: 6:24am On Jun 09, 2022
Muslim/Muslim Ticket?
Celebrate Your Love Ones With a Beautiful Digital Art
Whatsapp: 09076082818 Now

Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by purespikes: 6:25am On Jun 09, 2022
Work has started in earnest.
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by joyandfaith: 6:25am On Jun 09, 2022
Ghester:
Atiku=75 yrs
Tinubu=70 yrs
Buhari=79 yrs
Peter Obi=60 yrs

Are we not tired of old presidents?
Are we not tired of presidents that tour the world for treatment?

Please, lets use our senses

Fools elect fools as leaders. Educated fools supported buhari in 2015. Educated fools would support another fool in 2003. Uneducated and poor fools would always align with educated fools.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by Sannisege: 6:25am On Jun 09, 2022
Cajal:

It's LALONG...
LALONG has been v diplomatic concerning ethnoreligious crisis in Jos unlike war chief ..Jonah Jang

In fact I met some big Fulani in Kano that were singing praise of LALONG concerning their people in Jos
No be only LALONG, nah LASHORT you go see. Buhari will pick the VP just as Asiwaju picked the VP for Buhari.
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by Trente: 6:25am On Jun 09, 2022
Ganduje will be a nice choice. Nigeria needs it's biggest criminals at the helm of affairs. Tinubu and Gandollar grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by Princeton92(m): 6:31am On Jun 09, 2022
Ghester:
Atiku=75 yrs
Tinubu=70 yrs
Buhari=79 yrs
Peter Obi=60 yrs

Unfortunately we ain't tired my dear, just see how we vote party and not people... That's why Nigeria keeps falling, me I support their division of this country already cause our resources keep wasting to the Northerners. How did they manage to own our properties?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:33am On Jun 09, 2022
Tinubu should go for Ganduje
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by PeterObi4LP: 6:34am On Jun 09, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Vote whoever you want to vote.

I'm voting 70years old man and it's non of your business

Shut.up! Aren't you tired of suffering? Put
Sentiment aside I ask again aren't you tired of suffering and smiling for another 8yrs? If No is your answer go ahead vote either BAT or Atiku. As for me, I am OBIdient to vote Peter Obi.
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by bro4u: 6:35am On Jun 09, 2022
RaptObserver:

No amount of calming down will save him if he doesn't pick a Christian. But then, if he picks a Muslim he has a better chance of winning Northern votes massively because his campaign agents will simply tell them up North that the president and vice are Muslims so their interests are protected. But then, if Atiku wins that is the end of one Nigeria because all the parties won't gamble with fielding a Southern candidate again in a presidential election. So southerners who still want to remain in this country must support Tinubu regardless of the religion of his VP. This is based on political expediency not sentiments.
Are you trying to blackmail southern Christians?
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by ityP(m): 6:35am On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:
No time to check time.

Tinubu Picking VP candidate from North is one of the tricky challenges ahead, Northerners might not want to vote for Christian northerner VP or Female VP irrespective of religion but not a thing to give sleepless nights.

This is the grey area for Tinubu. I want to see how he pulls this off
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by ceede2: 6:36am On Jun 09, 2022
Ghester:
Atiku=75 yrs
Tinubu=70 yrs
Buhari=79 yrs
Peter Obi=60 yrs

Forget age,Nigeria need a creative thinker, graduate everywhere, no job ask Lagosians some of 'em never think they can work with even Local government, I saw an Igbo,Edo, from other state working with one LCDA in Lag.
I was like people from that region will use hatred humiliate, faustrate out of their way, you dare not compete with them.

Op!!! Creative thinker and a loving hand over age any day any time, but if you don't gerrit, forget abou.......

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:36am On Jun 09, 2022
I'm not angry about your choice, why do you want to force yours on me grin

Besides, I'm not suffering, speak for yourself if you are
PeterObi4LP:

Shut.up! Aren't you tired of suffering? Put
Sentiment aside I ask again aren't you tired of suffering and smiling for another 8yrs? If No is your answer go ahead vote either BAT or Atiku. As for me, I am OBIdient to vote Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by ityP(m): 6:37am On Jun 09, 2022
Kenneth4u205:
Tinubu is face with many traps. One wrong move about VP choice and he will lose everything

What do you think is the right move?
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by ityP(m): 6:39am On Jun 09, 2022
Cajal:

It's LALONG...

Lmao. He will lose handsomely. Plus, Lalong is not Tinubu's ally. He was more of Amaechi. Tinubu will go with a Muslim-Muslim ticket
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 09, 2022
Ghester:
Atiku=75 yrs
Tinubu=70 yrs
Buhari=79 yrs
Peter Obi=60 yrs

I am all for a young guy running for office myself...and I agree with you

However, the reason why we don't have someone as young as Macron of France is that most of his agemates, even in the same France, are busy building their families, building their financial base, and working hard to make ends meet. To expect them to run for President, when they probably have a tiny account, and children under the age of 18 who need supervision well well (especially kids who are teenagers)..is a big ask.

One thing all the names you have listed above have in common...their children have all graduated and left the house and mostly married and started families, and they have big and hefty financial resources. Two things a 'young candidate' does not have.

Even Macron of France is married to a seventy something year old woman and does not have young kids (his wife's kids are all adults with families self...and she even comes from a wealthy family)..so he is not the typical 'youthful candidate'
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by bizzibodi(m): 6:43am On Jun 09, 2022
This is a very hard nut to crack for jagaban d master strategist,where is he gonna get a Christian VP from d core north?I only know of Yakubu Dogara.
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by Tomek09(m): 6:49am On Jun 09, 2022
Okay
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by DeleTaller: 6:50am On Jun 09, 2022
RaptObserver:
Tinubu should pick the governor of Plateau state. He is a Christian. But I know Fulani leaders don't like Plateau indigenes. They will rather prefer he picks an Igbo man instead. Well, Tinubu should be careful before he plays into the hands of his enemies.

Tinubu may pick Yakubu Dogara...
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by Tomek09(m): 6:50am On Jun 09, 2022
Someone should tell the commenter above me that Dogara is not a formidable politician in the North let alone dividing Atiku's chances.
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by Tomek09(m): 6:51am On Jun 09, 2022
ityP:

Lmao. He will lose handsomely. Plus, Lalong is not Tinubu's ally. He was more of Amaechi. Tinubu will go with a Muslim-Muslim ticket
Muslim-Muslim ticket is not obtainable in Nigeria. Even Buhari couldn't risk it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by Tomek09(m): 6:52am On Jun 09, 2022
ityP:

What do you think is the right move?
He can choose to contest without V.P. grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by Tomek09(m): 6:55am On Jun 09, 2022
Cajal:

It's LALONG...

Let him go for Lalong then....
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by tesppidd: 6:58am On Jun 09, 2022
RaptObserver:

Only sensible option for Tinubu is that Muslim Muslim ticket.
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by garfield1: 6:59am On Jun 09, 2022
Tomek09:

Muslim-Muslim ticket is not obtainable in Nigeria. Even Buhari couldn't risk it.

It is his best bet
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by astricker: 7:00am On Jun 09, 2022
That's the VP Candidate for APC

Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by adelekeolu(m): 7:03am On Jun 09, 2022
RUFAI IS BETTER
Re: Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins by anonymous1759(m): 7:04am On Jun 09, 2022
grin
BAT/Elrufai, BAT/Ganduje , BAT / Aisha BUhari will defeat Atiku.
Elrufai is a Fanatic , Ganduje is a Gangster , Aisha Buhari will force Buhari to work for Tinubu, she’ll get sympathy vote from female all over Nigeria. Some Igbos will vote her because she criticizes buhari’s Government which is their joy . If BAT can pacify the northern governors by giving Aisha VP APC will floor PDP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mama HID Awolowo Passes Away?: Not True! / Just In: Dino Melaye Finally Meets Bail Conditions / Ben Murray-bruce Announces That Silverbird Group Will Only Finance Electric Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.