Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education (25501 Views)

Edo: Why Deputy Governor's Budgetary Allocation Was Slashed - Speaker, Agbebaku / Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation / Minimum Wage: FG In Dilemma Over Inadequate Budgetary Allocation To Pay N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Murphyenemuwe: 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
The mumu wey dey try yab u for just s not added to know can't even spell phantom. Mumu boy
BluntTheApostle:

See your life outside!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Ikea81: 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2022
Ok good, but can he do better for Nigeria and Nigerians by stepping down for Peter Obi. Thank you
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2022
Cyriloha:

Inky God can reverse your brains shikina

Go to the muddy waters!
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by mauricej99: 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2022
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by kayjay69(m): 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2022
grin grin grin grin

Want to know if he will follow through on this, very simple.

Please how much has Lagos State budgeted towards Education since 1999?

Also, budgeting is one thing, how much of the budget gets implemented into actual projects? And how good are these projects, are they worth the money spent on them?

But ofcourse, I know I am talking to myself. Nigerians will never ask these questions. Nigerians are perfectly okay with all that has happened and will still happen to them. Nigerians have been conditioned over time to continue managing and afterall it is his turn "Emi lo Kan".

This same level of reasoning can be applied to the average Nigerian dumping refuse in the neighborhood canal, next to the "don't dump refuse here" sign then when rain season comes, same Nigerian is wondering why his house is flooded.

We are the architects of our own problems and there is no end in sight. I believe we should amend the constitution of Nigeria that one of the qualifications to run for President is you have to be sick and have to have a questionable history, the more questionable the better.
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by eldoradoxx: 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2022
How many percent does Lagos Government that he runs directly or indirectly vote for education in Lagos State. Are primary, secondary schools as well as Lagos State University owned by Lagos State government that i directly or indirectly under Tinubu and his gang enjoying this 25% of Lagos State resources. Nigerians should be very careful. I see election of President in Nigeria has become reduced to sectional and parochial interest. Nobody wants to sit down and think critically of qualities we need in a leader. In 2015 North went for a barely literate old man, 2023 West is rooting for a corrupt, sick and old god father who is planning to install his own cabal to continue where Buhari stopped. Who do us this thing for Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by bigpicture001: 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2022
Obi will end the strike permanently!
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by zedegit: 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2022
Ademola47:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/ASUU-strike-bola-tinubu-promises-25-budgetary-allocation-to-education/

Let him keep his promises even Buhari promised more than this.

Let him write it as an agreement duly signed and thumb printed by him and register it in a reputable court of law. If he failed to implement it, impeachment.
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by frog12: 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2022
solid foundation in security. hahahahahahah
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Murphyenemuwe: 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2022
Stop disgracing yourself nigga. There is nothing like fantom. It's fathom and the meaning is very different from phantom. Tinubu Urchins are wise and u are the dumb one here
Aystarz:

Olodo!

Fantom is an alternative spelling form of 'Phantom'

They're all very dumb - the Tinubu urchins.
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by benalvino3: 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2022
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Lawalemi(m): 4:20pm On Jun 09, 2022
Lie.
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Otunbakayce: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2022
So says a Parkinson diseases patient.
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Bobbiee: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2022
My mum schooled in Lasu in 2004. I remember there was a one year strike that year because Tinubu, the then governor owed salaries. This is Lagos state that had almost all the budgetry allocations.
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Banter1(m): 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2022
Is already promising what he can't give. Who even told him he's going to be the next president? How's he even sure his going to see next year?

If not for those corrupt delegates how is he going to defeat Osibanjo? Smh
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by YeyeGbami: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2022
booblacain:
And what will happen to you when you don't fulfill this, absolutely nothing. You will simply hide behind blind supporters who will be falling over each other to give silly reasons why you did not keep to your word.

No be today.

Be optimistic, when he was governor alot of people enjoyed his education policies. So far you're in lagos you have access, no sentiment.
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by nmajudaniel: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2022
Why not allocate 110% to education .....ndi promises
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Habayomie(m): 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2022
dadavivo:
Nonsense talk that these thieves get away with in this useless country
But people are collecting npower money without doing anything.

1 Like

Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by nedu2000(m): 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2022
We know he is lying but let him continue
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by VictorsNs23: 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2022
They can promise anything just to win elections.. the last they promised us was N1 to £1
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Urchmantete: 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2022
Oga make it 250%, you're going nowhere!!!
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by YeyeGbami: 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2022
Banter1:
Is already promising what he can't give. Who even told him he's going to be the next president? How's he even sure his going to see next year?

If not for those corrupt delegates how is he going to defeat Osibanjo? Smh

Are you sure you will see tomorrow? Death is inevitable
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by YeyeGbami: 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2022
Habayomie:

But people are collecting npower money without doing anything.

I'm surprised that a lot of people didn't know that polaris bank and lagos state govt are giving loans to business older than a year in lagos. We get too emotional
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by CheapHomes1: 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2022
adioolayi:
Talk and do..

With God...

Tinubu can do it.

He has a knack of assembling the right set of bright minds

like he assembled buhari in 2015.

pls let us know what tinubu can do
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by CheapHomes1: 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
casualobserver:

subsidy this year alone is $10b, removing that alone will fund his education agenda!!

are you the one that did the calculation to have arrived at $10b? i thought buhari said before 2015 that theres nothing like subsidy?
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Cutehector(m): 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
Una too dey lie abeg
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by CheapHomes1: 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
jkpbestseries:

Tinubu is different, despite been sick he is more advance than Buhari...... Peter Obi my first choice then Tinubu

he is more advanced that buhari but yet buhari was the best product he could offer nigerians in 2015 cheesy grin make we hear word abeg
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by happney65: 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2022
From the Man who was cancellor of Lautech and Lautech was closed for over a year. People went to meet him countless times to at least intervene being the chancellor,he looked the other way and never grant them a single meeting

25percent kee you there
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by casualobserver: 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2022
CheapHomes1:

are you the one that did the calculation to have arrived at $10b? i thought buhari said before 2015 that theres nothing like subsidy?

you should join that other chap that was quoting me and vote Tinubu so that you can go back to school and get some sense before you are too old.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/n4trn-bill-how-petrol-subsidy-grew-by-349-42-in-3-years/

"A plan by the government to deregulate the sector, following enactment of the Petroleum Industry Act (2021) that prescribes a free market for the downstream sector of the petroleum industry has been abandoned, with the government seeking and obtaining budgetary approval to spend N4 trillion on petrol subsidy."
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by MetaPhysical: 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2022
.If Tinubu becomes President in 2023 and implements this economic blueprint, he will surpass the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, UNESCO, Member States’ agreement on a level of educational funding of 4 to 6% of GDP or 15 to 20% of public expenditure.

Lagos state is a microcosm of Nigeria in terms of demography. No governor in Lagos State has achieved close to these benchmarks in education sector. Jakande was the best performing governor in that category.

Tinubu was governor for 8years, he has been a direct policy and decision influencer in the affairs of Lagos for 16years after he left government house. If Tinubu could not, in all of 24yrs, get Lagos, the smallest state in Nigeria, to meet those educational goals, how does he intend to achieve it for Nigeria?

It is lies and deceptions like this...empty promises and false hopes spun over decades of schemings and plots that have ruined Nigeria and Nigerians. Yoruba has decided to keep pushing and striving to achieve an independent nation for ourselves and our future.

In Yoruba Nation no freak politician will dare come out with such bullshit and not be abandoned to the side to look for his replacement.

Scatter Nigeria, everybody go home and stop listening to politicians use your head to break coconuts.
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by CheapHomes1: 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2022
Dondraper86:
When it's about Education, I give it to the western region. They're more and deeply concerned about anything Education. I schooled there in the west....most, if not all schools are FREE education. Tinubu is going to be quite different from what people are thinking...A man that rescued and sustained Lagos state when Olusegun Obasanjo considered fatal punishment. Politically, he's wise and popular... Great elder statesman and no nonsense jagaban.....In his presiding as the president of Nigeria, there will be less or no cabals...He stands tall before his mates.

how is tinubu going to be quite different from what people are thinking? is the presence or absence of cabal the biggest problem of nigeria? is tinubu and his agberos not a cabal in lagos? can tinubu allow fight for the common man?
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by CheapHomes1: 4:51pm On Jun 09, 2022
casualobserver:

you should join that other chap that was quoting me and vote Tinubu so that you can go back to school and get some sense before you are too old.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/n4trn-bill-how-petrol-subsidy-grew-by-349-42-in-3-years/

"A plan by the government to deregulate the sector, following enactment of the Petroleum Industry Act (2021) that prescribes a free market for the downstream sector of the petroleum industry has been abandoned, with the government seeking and obtaining budgetary approval to spend N4 trillion on petrol subsidy."

obviously you arent the one who calculated the $10b. since you arent the one who calculated it, can you verify whether the it is acutally true or not?

i also asked i thought buhari said before 2015 that theres nothing like subsidy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Protesters In Ondo Declare Jimoh Ibrahim "Dead" With A Coffin (photos) / Gboyega Oyetola Gradually Loses Associates / Kamala Harris Hosts Osinbajo Inside Her Ceremonial Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.