Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly (33766 Views)

Anthony Iwejionra Burial: Atiku Releases Statement & Pictures / Atiku Releases ‘Evidence’ Of Election Result From INEC Website / 'corruption Is Official' - Atiku Releases 10 Questions Buhari Must Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by OreoPaschal(m): 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
lilfresh96:
Me i go Vote Atiku come 2023

Economically wise this man knows what he is doing, hence what Nigeria needs with the current state of the economy

I'm Atikulated

Add 8years of Economic melt down to your age (26yo). How old will be left before you die! Do not die poor! Focus on what can bring change to your generation. Privatisation will triple the poverty level of Nigeria, coupled with his corruption tendencies. You will end up praying that Buhari should have continued.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Lionnation: 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:

As Osinbajo is out of the race, Obi would have been the next choice but LP don't have structure across Nigeria
on election day go and cast your vote it's not structure that votes, is people that do the voting. people with sense elect credible leaders without sentiment,
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by omohayek: 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
Congratulations to Atiku for setting forth what he says he'll do with power if he gets it - it's shocking (and frankly, depressing) that we managed to get through the primaries for both major parties with zero discussion of actual policy until now, just more meaningless nonsense about tribe, tribe, tribe, religion, religion, religion.

The market-oriented policies Atiku has proposed are badly needed for foreign-investment to be encouraged and GDP growth to be kicked back into high gear, especially now that rising American interest rates are driving up the cost of borrowing for developing countries like Nigeria. The only question I have with Atiku's proposals is how likely he is to see them through in a fair and transparent manner, as opposed to his past tendency to tip the privatisation scales in favor of his pocket. The problem with moneybags like Atiku and Tinubu spending so much on running for the presidency is that it's clear they fully expect to reap returns on their investment.

Anyway, it will be interesting to hear what Tinubu has to offer in terms of counter-proposals. Let's hope it isn't more of the same sort of statist policies that Buhari used to kill the economy for the last 7 years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by culcat(m): 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
Just as you guys forced BUHARI on us

I’m going to force ATIKU on you too

Do me I do you God no go vex

Atikulate ✍️
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by God1stson(m): 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
Echoban:

This policy no follow abeg.. I see I rise in cost of products .

More like removing subsidy in every facet..

Omo na the matter we face now. Our estimated billing for NSK here na N16000 for house wey no reach 5 rooms. By privitization of EEDC to EMEKE OFOR I don dey use us as cash caw. Ask them of meter dey go say I don finish.God help us

1 Like

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Lightorder: 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
BabydiHot:
oga keep kwayet and be our spectator.

But get your PVC sha
2023 won't be business as usual kiss
we can do it if we work together.

don't worry I'll respond to your pm soon cheesy
don’t mind them. They will keep shouting structure until they die not believing in good change. They believe that robbers must rule them in Nigeria
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Cyriloha(m): 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2022
shuttox:

Look..I don't know who to believe to liberate Nigeria
I dey fear all both APC and pdp

We don't need them both brother believe me , how can a country elect someone who can't go to USA, men that can't represent at the world level , look at all Nigeria got just went down under how many years intensive borrowing common youth please Common we can do this let's try another part , Born is been PDP, APC, now I am ready to even vote CNN or BBC
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Timmi: 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2022
shuttox:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/atiku-releases-economic-agenda-vows-to-break-govt-monopoly/%3famp

MEANING PEOPLE: ATIKU WILL GIVE (NOT SELL) ALL GOVERNMENT OWNED COMPANIES TO HIS CRONIES AND FRIENDS. EXACTLY WHAT OBASANJO SAID.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by KingKO22: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2022
lilfresh96:

Economically wise this man knows what he is doing, hence what Nigeria needs with the current state of the economy

I'm Atikulated

Economic wise by selling NNPC and other Nigeria assets ?

Atiku never manage state treasury and it will be too risky to entrust him with our country's assets .

Atiku only agenda is to come and sell Nigeria treasury

1 Like

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Amalekki: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2022
casualobserver:

trust me we are lucky we avoided Osinbajo and God willingly we will avoid Obi too. None of them are the answer.

Pick Between Tinubu and Atiku and we will be fine. They both have baggage but they are miles ahead of Osinbajo and Obi.

Trust you based on what exactly? How did you arrive at your conclusions here?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Prayfortheworld: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2022
What i know is Peter obi

1 Like

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Reference(m): 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2022
Lightorder:
workers or labour are all over the nation. Thank God APC haven’t been treating them well. Structure structure, when PDP got into power , how far was their structure ? Every state has workers

But they are not being engaged so far and it is getting late to secure their attention.

We spend far too much time playing politics, running around the kitchen such that when th food finally arrives the guests have long gone home hungry.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by DONFASZY(m): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
He stole money that 999billion people can use to feed for 10yr
Obj hate him so much
Remember this man was Vp for 8yrs n own a lot frm corruption

I wil vote for peter obi
His mindset is far better

1 Like

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by rhymesnoni(m): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
aspabay:
Break government monopoly by selling all govt companies to your cronies like you did before abi. well done

Atiku is at it again, the same Capitalist campaign strategies that failed him in 2019 he's still repeating it. Can't he just keep quiet for once? even if he has this intensions he should keep them to himself and get elected first, but his village people are at it again.

I hate this Atiku wallahi, he's nothing but a pure Capitalist who want nothing but sell Nigeria assets to himself and allies.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by omohayek: 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
Peter obi has sound policy than all of them we just need our brothers Yoruba and hausas plus everyone just everyone to support him we can't do this alone we need everyone massive support from north,south,east,west.please drop religion,drop tribe drop every old pain or abuse from anybody and support peter obi
And just what might this "sound policy" be, that we should all fal behind Peter Obi? The only "policy" I've heard from any Obi supporters is that he happens to be of the same Igbo origin as they are. What is he actually planning to do with the power of the presidency that makes him different from the other candidates? And here I'm asking for concrete proposals like the ones Atiku has just put forward, not vague, empty words about "youth", "innovation", "progress", etc.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by CzarChris(m): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
lilfresh96:

I'm Atikulated
This man was in charge of privatization under obj and he oversaw it to the end. But quick question, how has the public institutions he privatized helped the nation? Rather the rich kept getting richer and the masses have to continually be robbed by excessive over pricing of commodities and essential services.
Truth be told complete privatization of assets can't work in Nigeria. For example look at the local content law. Our fellow Nigerian brothers who are now literally in control of the oil and gas industry have reduced oil and gas jobs to the level of road side receptionist. Please if this is his main agenda, it's dead on arrival.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by adioolayi(m): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
abbey621:

Don't fall for it bro, it's a trap.....Remember 2014/2015 grin grin grin grin

Something is unusual by these array of Politicians...Atiku, Tinubu, Obi...I strongly believe new thing will happen
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Prayfortheworld: 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2022
aspabay:
Only TINUBU can do it.

Vote Jagaban
Are you people cussed in this country or we just love hardship. .. someone that can't hold a flag and keep saying we should recruit youths to the military to be eating cassava and agbado..
I don't know if this is all about tribalism but let's get it right for once people have suffered enough
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2022
Hahaha

Atiku is brilliant also. To tackle Tinubu, you must be brilliant.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Ventura1: 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2022
Reference:

7 years after spending massively on various social projects, what is the result.... rampaging public debts and the consequent inflationary effects.... further deepening poverty.... please wake up.
I'm sure you saw I mentioned education, spending on that objectively with target on technical and science will spur productivity in major sector.
Social spending is not Sara spending on feeding only.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by God1stson(m): 3:50pm On Jun 09, 2022
StUriah:
Ibo people are too tribalistic and not considerate. They will never accommodate people of other regions to breathe once they grab hold of power. More reasons why they don't allow other tribes to buy expanse of lands in their states or hometowns. Yet, they come to Lagos, Lekki and other regions to want to dominate their hosts.

If Ironsi had allowed the Federal system of government that had existed before he took over power in 1966 to subsist and not imposing the unitary system wherein most of his Ibo brothers were promoted in the military and civil service at the detriment of tribes, there wouldn't have been civil war and no one would be championing restructuring today.

Ibo people thinks Obi's political movement is for only the Ibos, and not for the general good of other tribes. By so doing, they are provoking other regions against their own kinsmen who I have come to realize that he is the best candidate we all can vote for at the moment.

Ibos should exercise caution in their provocative attitudes otherwise the presidency which they aspired to get would be a mere fantasy.

I rest my case.

Do u have the financial musle to get a piece of land in a town in IGBO land. Go and make money first then call me. The test of the pudding is in eating not making noise on line.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Mboi: 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:

As Osinbajo is out of the race, Obi would have been the next choice but LP don't have structure across Nigeria
We'll create structure. It's not about party, it's about the person.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by pat077: 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:

even if Peter Obi got the pdp ticket u still won't support him.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by jaxxy(m): 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2022
InnoBest188:
Ok sir grin
Thank you sir

Me no go vote for another northerner again Shaa

Atiku

So u prefer tinubu? I'm not looking at ethnicity I will vote Atiku over tinubu and hope for the best.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by itubaba001: 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2022
shuttox:

May God help us to choose the Messiah next year
Stop the using the word messiah . Naso na talk wey messiah buhari turn devil advocate .
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by ednut1(m): 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2022
Ventura1:
Capitalist aye, poverty will quadruple with these kind of policy, though not bad, but can't work in Nigeria of today. Nigeria need massive Social spending, especially in the areas of education and health, in order to close the huge poverty gap between the rich and the poor.
The standard of living imbalance among the citizens is high, only the rich will benefit from this policy and the vast majority subservient to them.
same Sowore that said there is no election after 2019. Now wants to re contest. A con man lol

1 Like

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Lumig: 3:53pm On Jun 09, 2022
This guy will sell Nigeria to his cronies, the way he did with NEPA cheesy
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by zeyt: 3:53pm On Jun 09, 2022
This our dear nation to ready for privatization bullshit. When you look at the power sector for example average Nigerian can't afford energy for a month due to high cost from Generation. The DISCOS will only supply energy that Nigerians can afford. Two hour supply in a day. Privatization where more than 80 percentage of the population are poor does not make sense.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Chopcy29: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
ChangetheChange:
Atikulated

Only grammar, nothing will be done
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Meliziz: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
Yes, costs of governance us the utmost major thing
Victoronah1:
we have heard this nonsense about structures and tired about hearing it, we accept the party has no structure, allow us to vote and let's see what we can do without a structure. Besides election is like 6 months ahead, before then everything will be in place. Now if you don't have anything good, don't discourage people for voting Peter obi. This technique will not work.

We need a president who go reduce cost of governance first. Peter obi mandate I stan

Like for Peter obi share for Atiku
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Bigchristo22(m): 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi In Abuja For Labour Party Retreat / How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness / Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.