Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

I Do Not Want My Husbands Cousins To Live With Us! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Do Not Want My Husbands Cousins To Live With Us! (11412 Views)

How To Live With a contentious woman / Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her / My Husbands Brother Is Breaking My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: I Do Not Want My Husbands Cousins To Live With Us! by Agrika: 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
JeSoul:
Excuse me . . . but who comes first in a marriage? whose joy and comfort should be the priority? your spouse or your family members? If they are indeed reasonable family members they should know better than to intrude in a matrimonial home. Like Outstrip just said here perfectly:

Its your kind of advice that has so many women in nigeria suffering under the name of 'building the home'. Sorry. No woman should have to bend under the pressure of her husband or his relatives to her own detriment. A woman's happiness should be her husbands first priority (and vice versa) - not his family members. He should be showing his family that she is his queen and he will not compromise on anything that will hurt her . . . especially when they are newly weds. If this is the standard that he is going to set at the begining of the marriage, then the op is better off 'leaving broken and bitter' than to wake up in 10yrs saddled with 5 kids and married to a man who makes her miserable opening one of the countless topics we see on NL everyday of heartache. May that never be her portion.
U re contradicting urself

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies Help A Bush Man Out !!!! / MUST READ: 10 Experinces That Signal You're In Love / Does Your Family Eat Together With Housemaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.