Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com (7781 Views)

Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day / Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State / The Next Gold Rush May Happen In Ebonyi State, Nigeria- Igbodefender.com (2) (3) (4)

The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by bellten: 5:25pm On Jul 20, 2011
Posted on 20/07/2011 by Prince Charles Oforkaja

Igboland doesn’t end at the mouth of the River Niger. It extends to encompass the Anioma (Igbo) part of Delta State.
Across the polity, there is now a wide acceptance of the need for a sixth Igbo state. As a consequence, several political groups from the South East have been angling for their localities to be carved out as this new state. These moves are not advisable. What Ndigbo need now is an Anioma State, west of the Niger.

At least the Igbos from the South East have internal autonomy, and the chance to develop themselves to an extent. The Anioma people don’t. For instance, they have never produced a governor in Delta State, despite the rich array of administrative talents they posses. They must be given their own chance. They cannot be left to wallow in neglect forever.

The Rivers State Igbos are doing well, so we don’t need to worry about them. But we must save the Anioma people. They are one of us.

I am talking of the land of Olaudah Ekwuano and Chukwuma Nzeogu. They are one of us.

http://igbodefender.com/?p=222
© igbodefender.com 2011

Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by Chyz2: 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2011
Bellten, thank you for this beautiful posting. Chyz* has personally endorsed it and with signature. cool

Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by 2mch(m): 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2011
Only the Igbo inhabited side. The olukumi areas must be given olukumi state, the 7th Yoruba state. shocked grin. If Igbo's get Anioma state, Yoruba's must get Olukumi State. Shikena cool
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by Chyz2: 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2011
2mch:

Only the Igbo inhabited side. The olukumi areas must be given olukumi state, the 7th Yoruba state. shocked grin. If Igbo's get Anioma state, Yoruba's must get Olukumi State. Shikena cool

There is no such area in Anioma that belongs to olukumi. Lets get that straight. Don't indulge in something you know nothing about.

Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by Chyz2: 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2011
2mch:

And who told you that they are yorubas? They are mere hybrids. Call them yoruba and watch your head roll. Shikena cool

Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by 2mch(m): 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2011
Chyz*:

There is no such area in Anioma that belongs to olukumi. Lets get that straight. Don't indulge in something you know nothing about.

You are the one guilty of talking about what you dont know. Read this link cheesy wink. Anioma is not wholly Igbo, so focus on Aba state. ((Cheers))

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/features/2357-a-yoruba-enclave-in-the-heart-of-igboland-story-of-ugbodu-others-in-delta-state

Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by bellten: 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2011
@ Chyz, it's high time. Anioma people have really sufered.

Imagine how Ndigbo would forge ahead with Tony Elumelu, Jim Ovia e.t.c in the South East. What about Nduka Obaigbena and his This Day? It's time the Igbos come together. Only selfishness can stop us.

Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by bellten: 5:46pm On Jul 20, 2011
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by Chyz2: 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2011
2mch:

You are the one guilty of talking about what you dont know. Read this link cheesy wink. Anioma is not wholly Igbo, so focus on Aba state. ((Cheers))

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/features/2357-a-yoruba-enclave-in-the-heart-of-igboland-story-of-ugbodu-others-in-delta-state

This will be my last reply to you-----

The article proves my point even more,smh. Funny.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by Chyz2: 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2011
bellten:

@ Chyz, it's high time. Anioma people have really sufered.

Imagine how Ndigbo would forge ahead with Tony Elumelu, Jim Ovia e.t.c in the South East. What about Nduka Obaigbena and his This Day? It's time the Igbos come together. Only selfishness can stop us.

Yes brother. In anyway possible, we have to drill this into SE politician's heads. Like your said, it is high time!
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by 2mch(m): 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2011
All it says is that Igbo's are Ebo from benin. Mind you ebo means sacrifice in Yoruba. What does it mean in Benin. Could it be Igbo's as a group ran away from Yoruba's and Yoruba land to avoid being sacrificed? And Igboland is one big group of people supposed to be used as Ebo? shocked shocked shocked shocked. Aha!
bellten:

At 2much,
Before you talk about that read this.
http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-greater-igbo-nation-by-ishaq-d-al-sulaimani/

Chyz*:

This will be my last reply to you-----

The article proves my point even more,smh. Funny.

Read about Prince ADEBOWALE of The Olukumi. smh to you. haha
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by 2mch(m): 5:52pm On Jul 20, 2011
bellten:

At 2much,
Before you talk about that read this.
http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-greater-igbo-nation-by-ishaq-d-al-sulaimani/

http://obamaandpeace..com/2010/03/oduduwa-and-yoruba-revolution-in-world.html

I also have my link in response to the one you posted. Shows a big part of Igbo land is historically Yoruba. grin cheesy. Not only Biafran people have history rewriting capabilities. shocked
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by aljharem3: 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2011
olukumi leader talks

Reacting to efforts aimed at protecting Oluku mi, Prince Adebowale said, "I am an Oluku mi man and I am proud of my language. I am not happy that Igbo language is interfering with our language. We are trying our best to correct the situation and part of that is what my brother (the Oloza) is doing by organising an Oluku mi reciting competition. We want to know the people who can speak the real Oluku mi without mixing it with Igbo or English." As laudable as the task of protecting Oluku mi by the people of Ugbodu(mila) is, only time will tell how far they can go.

http://www.aka-ikenga.com/2010_10_01_archive.html
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by bellten: 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2011
@ 2much
According to the book Equianoism, isbn 978 978 908 474 6, the Olukumi are the Igbos who once occupied Ile- Ife- go read up on Queen Moremi. Given that history, it's no suprise Yoruba's understand some of the words the LUKUMI IGBOS speak.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by aljharem3: 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2011
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by 2mch(m): 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

olukumi leader talks

Reacting to efforts aimed at protecting Oluku mi, Prince Adebowale said, "I am an Oluku mi man and I am proud of my language. I am not happy that Igbo language is interfering with our language. We are trying our best to correct the situation and part of that is what my brother (the Oloza) is doing by organising an Oluku mi reciting competition. We want to know the people who can speak the real Oluku mi without mixing it with Igbo or English." As laudable as the task of protecting Oluku mi by the people of Ugbodu(mila) is, only time will tell how far they can go.

http://www.aka-ikenga.com/2010_10_01_archive.html

GBAM!!!

No wonder some Igbo's were fighting sometime ago that they are the Ugbo's moremi met. I am sure a lot of them had heard about the Ugbo land in delta state but did not understand how it was in Igboland and does not relate to the moremi story. The forget that people migrate.lol. Confused guys. That is why they cant point to what an IGBO man really is. IGBO is just a compilation of different ethnic groups with a common language. Yoruba, benin e.t.c. And they have the mouth to insult their father's ancestors on this NL. undecided
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by aljharem3: 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2011
bellten:

@ 2much
According to the book Equianoism, isbn 978 978 908 474 6, the Olukumi are the Igbos who once occupied Ile- Ife- go read up on Queen Moremi. Given that history, it's no suprise Yoruba's understand some of the words the LUKUMI IGBOS speak.

nope, if u read it well, u would see that it was an invasion force that migrated which moremi defeated them in

infact u can watch the movie
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by 2mch(m): 6:00pm On Jul 20, 2011
bellten:

@ 2much

I no talk am? He has come with the Ugbo corner. haha! Look maine, Ugbo people are Ilaje, so those people are most likely ilaje and the rest of Igbo land. Igbo may actually be a corruption of Ugbo. But moremi met Ilaje people. They are sea faring people, we dont know how they migrated as you can imagine it would be hard to track people with this lifestyle. But it is possible that they may constitute a large group of Igboland, because they are known to have at minimum 10 children on those their water huts. Would not take too many generations for a population explosion and a new ethnic group would be born.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by bashr4: 6:05pm On Jul 20, 2011
2mch:

All it says is that Igbo's are Ebo from benin. Mind you ebo means sacrifice in Yoruba. What does it mean in Benin. Could it be Igbo's as a group ran away from Yoruba's and Yoruba land to avoid being sacrificed? And Igboland is one big group of people supposed to be used as Ebo? shocked shocked shocked shocked. Aha!
Read about Prince ADEBOWALE of The Olukumi. smh to you. haha

its igbo not ebo , however writting it as ebo might be due to your own pronouciation just as i can pronounce yoruba to mean begger
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by 2mch(m): 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2011
bashr4:

its igbo not ebo , however writting it as ebo might be due to your own pronouciation just as i can pronounce yoruba to mean begger

The biafran link Belten sent me says they are Ebo from Benin. see this one, who cares. Igbo means weed in Yoruba, the way it is pronounced by you all. Ibo actually is not insulting in Yoruba. But Igbo is. undecided. So pick your poison.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by bashr4: 6:13pm On Jul 20, 2011
2mch:

The biafran link Belten sent me says they are Ebo from Benin. see this one, who cares. Igbo means weed in Yoruba, the way it is pronounced by you all. Ibo actually is not insulting in Yoruba. But Igbo is. undecided. So pick your poison.

whatever i have told you yoruba means begger but you dont see us mentioning that to yoruba people, you need to grow up.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by 2mch(m): 6:17pm On Jul 20, 2011
bashr4:

whatever i have told you yoruba means begger but you dont see us mentioning that to yoruba people, you need to grow up.

You need to grow up and stop with your inferiority complex. Internet warrior. Do i give a crap what Yoruba means in Igbo? Yoruba is not a Yoruba word. But Igbo is. It means weed, as in bush, jungle, weeds, etc undecided
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by aljharem3: 6:19pm On Jul 20, 2011
2mch:

You need to grow up and stop with your inferiority complex. Internet warrior. Do i give a crap what Yoruba means in Igbo? Yoruba is not a Yoruba word. But Igbo is. It means weed, as in bush, jungle, weeds, etc undecided

spell it as igbo thats all, respect the word

no one cares what it means in yoruba, i hope u know

igbo is igbo

igbo bu igbo and not yoruba
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by bashr4: 6:20pm On Jul 20, 2011
2mch:

You need to grow up and stop with your inferiority complex. Internet warrior. Do i give a crap what Yoruba means in Igbo? Yoruba  is not a Yoruba word. But Igbo is. It means weed, as in bush, jungle, weeds, etc undecided

igbo is actually not an igbo word too neither is hausa an hausa word , mpama. yoruba means begger as in almajiro ,nuisance poverty.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by NegroNtns(m): 6:21pm On Jul 20, 2011
The people of Ugboda in Aniocha North LG have defined their culture and language as Yoruba. Our eyes are over that territory.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by Obiagu1(m): 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2011
What concerns Yoruba in this thread

Abi some people no get work?
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by Afam4eva(m): 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2011
I support anioma state 100%.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by Ngodigha: 6:24pm On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

igbo is igbo

Alh Uche, God bless you.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by 2mch(m): 6:25pm On Jul 20, 2011
bashr4:

igbo is actually not an igbo word too neither is hausa an hausa word , mpama. yoruba means begger as in almajiro ,nuisance poverty.

Mpama is not Yoruba, hahaha. Wetin concern Mpama and Yoruba? Look maine i dont give a F* doesnt change the fact that Igbo = weed, bush, jungle, boils, nuisance, unwanted element.  grin grin grin cheesy. If you like make your veins explode. Senseless  coming to defend something that was not an issue and i was responding to the link Belten posted. Yoruba is a hausa word, and means absolutely nothing in Igbo. I have asked my Igbo friend. Get a life and stop trolling NL before your die of hypertension chyz.

alj_harem:

igbo is igbo

Did i spell it is Ibo?
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by Genius100: 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2011
The objective is to create a 6th SE state. Again, I ask, if Anioma state is created, will it be in the SE or SS?
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by bellten: 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2011
@ 2MUCH:
If what you are saying is true, then what explains the presence of Igbo sounding towns like Umuokoro in the Ile-Ife area?
Point of correction-Moremi did not defeat the Igbos. She only married the Igbo king, and learnt the secret of the Igbo warriors victories, in their attempts to regain their lost town of Ile-Ife. She then went and told the Yoruba soldiers.

It was only then that the Igbos were defeated. The Igbos now settled in the present day Delta and Igbanke, in Edo State. If not for the weakness of the Igbo king for tings of the flesh, Ife would probably still be an Igbo town today.

I advice you to read the link again I typed again, go get a copy of the book Equianoism, and also ask Ife indigenes some pointed questions about the original owners of Ile-Ife.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by bashr4: 6:28pm On Jul 20, 2011
2mch:

Mpama is not Yoruba, hahaha. Wetin concern Mpama and Yoruba? Look maine i dont give a F* doesnt change the fact that Igbo = weed, bush, jungle, boils, nuisance, unwanted element.  grin grin grin cheesy. If you like make your veins explode. Senseless  coming to defend something that was not an issue and i was responding to the link Belten posted. Yoruba is a hausa word, and means absolutely nothing in Igbo. I have asked my Igbo friend. Get a life and stop trolling NL before your die of hypertension chyz.

Did i spell it is Ibo?

i called you mpama becos thats what you are, i have already told you the meaning of yoruba in igbo .

Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang / Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. / An Hausa Man Opinion About His Visit To South East.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54