Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,172 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? (59266 Views)

Was Jesus Christ A Rich Man With An Accountant? / Was Jesus Christ A Freemanson. / Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of King David? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by Bunnatex(m): 7:08am On Jan 26, 2012
AbuHanifa:

esus never preached trinity, he preached oneness of God, anyone that preaches oneness of God is a muslim, therefore jesus was a muslim. Gbam!
Jesus Christ is not a muslim but a Jew. When he was born, he took part in all the rites of the Jews. He even use to go to the synagogue and take part in the worship. The only difference is that He came to bring changes to some of the things the Jews do. And when they couldn't accept the good changes He has brought, that now gave birth to Christianity. But talking about if Jesus is a Jew is barbaric cause muhhamad was not even following the law of moses like the covenant. Muhhamad was not even circumcised so how can you say that muhhamad is following the ordinances of Moses
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by Joagbaje(m): 11:28pm On Jan 26, 2012
Islam was not even in existence , to start with
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 27, 2012
For clarity of purpose to any one who seeks it read the Gospel according to matthew: it begins like this, the book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by Sweetnecta: 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2012
@Joagbaje: « #65 on: Yesterday at 11:28:40 PM »
[Quote]Islam was not even in existence , to start with[/Quote]Islam was the religion of Adam. Jesus was not a christian and not a jew by religion, but only by ethnicity, if you lump all the 12 tribes under the tribe of judah; jew.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by plappville(f): 10:42pm On Jan 29, 2012
@lagosShia, if Islam is not responsible for the violent and kiling of those pictures above, then you are responsible of it.
These actions are base on the Quran and Hadith, so what re u hiding?

@Op, Jesus did not stone anyone to death, He didnt ordered his dis iples to ra.pe slave women, He didnt exchange black slaves for materials, He didnt marry, He didnt own properties or forcefully take other people properties. The list is un uncountable, he is the Opposite of the founder of Islam, how on earth would anyone even say Jesus was a Muslim? A terrorist sect.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by LagosShia: 10:47pm On Jan 29, 2012
^^^^^^^

looks like the french mistress is drunk again or her husband has pursed her out of the house. grin
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by plappville(f): 11:13pm On Jan 29, 2012
Funny Muslims are @lagosShia and @sweetnecta, they always make me laugh. Expect more stoning photos soon.
Islam must be exposed!!
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by LagosShia: 12:08am On Jan 30, 2012
plappville:

Funny Muslims are @lagosShia and @sweetnecta, they always make me laugh. Expect more stoning photos soon.
Islam must be exposed!!

looks like our mistress in france is scared of stonning.

you better stop what you are doing against your husband instead of complaining that the punishment for your crime is harsh.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 30, 2012
muslims are so predictable. On this issue they repeat the exact same claims almost by rota . . .

1. Jesus and the "prophets" (in the bible of course) preached the oneness of God hence they are all muslims. (Ghandi also believed in peace, is he a muslim?)

2. Jesus was sent to establish "peace"; since peace = islam in typical muslim delusion, therefore Jesus was a muslim.

Ask them this question in another thread and someone will be sure to come back to recycle this same nonsense. grin
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by lepasharon(f): 2:07am On Jan 30, 2012
Errrm, Excuse me ? Jesus a muslim? PLeeease! Even wikipedia will tell you that mohammed was the creator of Islam! Dont piss me Off!

There was no such thing as Islam in Jesus time!

Case closed!
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by plappville(f): 11:45am On Jan 30, 2012
LagosShia:

looks like our mistress in france is scared of stonning.

you better stop what you are doing against your husband instead of complaining that the punishment for your crime is harsh.

Why are you taking this so personal? What has my husband got to do with the fact that Muha is a false trickish prophet? leave my family out of this, plz.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by LagosShia: 11:50am On Jan 30, 2012
^^^^

it isn't personal.he needs to discipline you in one way or the other.you are an image of female rudeness,when females are expcted to be signs of serenity,peaceful nature and role-models of manners and morality.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by LagosShia: 11:56am On Jan 30, 2012
lepasharon:

Errrm, Excuse me ? Jesus a muslim? PLeeease! Even wikipedia will tell you that mohammed was the creator of Islam! Dont piss me Off!

There was no such thing as Islam in Jesus time!

Case closed!

from the thread of the link below:

"Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians "

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-817518.128.html#msg9770297

i must bring to your attention that none of the prophets mentioned in the bible up to Jesus claimed that or named the religion of God to be "judaism" or "christianity".to us Muslims,we believe Islamic teachings preceeded Muhammad (sa) because whatever the previous prophets taught we believe in them and the Quran orders us to love and respect them.

that aside,these practices today are islamic practices regardless of how you view or judge their source to be.furthermore,it is clear for even the blind to see that while muslims uphold them in the true spirit of following the prophets of God and Muhammad (sa) "glorifying" Jesus as we are told in the new testament about the next comforter to come after Jesus,we muslims practice our religion as the prophets did.but as for you christians,even the practices in the new testament you do not even uphold.

finally,it is only in the Quran where you find God calling and institutionalizing His religion and calling/giving it a name (ISLAM) with the coming of Muhammad (sa) who is believed to be the last prophet and messenger of God.

Holy Quran 5:3:
"This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. But whoever is forced by severe hunger with no inclination to sin - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful".
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by seyibrown(f): 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2012
Jesus is as Muslim as the Christian Prophet Muhammad! grin grin
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by Sweetnecta: 5:18pm On Oct 14, 2012
@Seyibrown: you will have to agree with me that he was not a christian.

Definitely he was not a jew by religion because jews pray facing a wall in Jerusalem while muslims stand, bow and prostrate and sit in their prayers. But the way Jesus prayed all night while the guards were fast asleep is the same way muslims in your neighborhood pray while you are fast asleep all night.

a prophet must practice the religion he brought. Muhammad [sa] practiced Islam and he was copied by his companions [ra] who passed the practiced on, generations through generations it reached this generation. God willing we will pass it on to future generation, because the chain will not break.

Moses did not bring nodding head at "The Wailing Wall" so his religion is not Judaism. Jesus did not bring singing, etc [whatever you do in the christian worship in the church]. He never prayed as in what he did in the garden in any place called church. The word church is foreign to his ethnic people and definitely not part of the religion he came with.

Is Jesus a muslim or Christian?

Is Jesus an ethic Jew just as I am an ethnic yoruba?

I am a yoruba Muslim while Jesus was a jewish Muslim. Our ethnicity does not determine our religion.

But the way we worship determines our religion. When Jesus made prayers like muslims if he was not a Muslim, then what walks, swims, quacks like a duck is not a duck, then? not even a goose or swan. it must be a coyote.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by seyibrown(f): 10:35pm On Oct 14, 2012
^^^ Baba Oko mi kan bayi, grin grin, Long time no jiroro wink. Se gbogbo e n dun? What my post essentially says is Jesus was NEVER muslim! A Muslim Jesus = A Xtian Muhammad = impossicant! grin grin Jesus' teachings are very different from Muhammad's and we all know it.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by atuagbo: 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2012
LagosShia:
through ethnicity Jesus was a Jew,but in faith he was no jew but rather he was muslim as all other prophets.
Jesus and muslim, who first come 2 dis world? So how come Lord Jesus will now be a muslim that start yesterday. Use your fucky head 2 think, senior mumu
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by hassan123(m): 12:18am On Oct 21, 2012
alienvirus: Jesus never preached trinity, he preached oneness of God, anyone that preaches oneness of God is a muslim, therefore jesus was a muslim. Gbam!
I agree with you. In d Quran, all d prophets mentioned by God 4rm Adam 2 Jesus & Muhammad ( mY Peace be upon them) preached d oneness of God. IN D qura'n, Allah ordered Muhammad 2 follow d path of Abraham, who is d Father of faith.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by Sbarhoumeh: 10:28am On Dec 08, 2012
Unfortunately, the truth is behind you. Jesus was/is not a Muslim." Jesus is the way truth and the light ". Jesus Christ was born into the Jewish culture became a teacher "rabbi" and spread the word of God the father through the Holy Spirit. So Jesus was Jewish and not moslem. Mohamad came hundreds of years after Jesus.

But if you can see his words, you will realize he came with a message. And that message is clear to those who seek the truth. Only worship the one true real only God, and "love one another as I have loved you."

Now my brothers and sisters, I can not begin to tell you how many things I see wrong with Jesus being a "muslim". First Jesus was a man of peace. If you know the quran you know that the quran is filled with sex and violence. One of Jesus's deciples cut off a servants ear when they took Jesus at the time of the passion. Jesus healed the wound, placed the ear back and said to his disciple to put the sword down. If you live by the sword you will die by the sword. What such strong words coming hours before his death.
Christianity is much more love than we can fulfill. If you seek the truth, I encourage you to do two things.
1. Become a Christian and through baptism and being sealed through the Holy Spirit you will understand.
2. If you really want truth, open up a Bible. Start with Mark then Mathew...
Maybe even watch Fr. Zacareeya on noursat tv. I'm sure you can get a few preaching a on YouTube. Also try Fr. Thomas hopko if you prefer English.

" Lord Jesus Christ son of God, have mercy on me a sinner."
Jesus prayer By St. Paul.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by Orikinla(m): 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2013
[size=18pt]Jesus Christ was not a Christian or a Muslim.
There was no Christianity or Islam in the time of Jesus Christ.[/size]

Photo: Language: A first century AD burial box (ossuary) with an Aramaic inscription that reads 'James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus.' The box dates to 63 AD the period in which Jesus lived

Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by honoure(m): 2:25am On Aug 25, 2013
Jesus was and is not a muslim. He was a jew and he is also coming back as the messiah of the jews and the judge of the world. Islam came to be in 630AD. Islam is a fraud by a very clever merchant who had access to the bible and edited it to suit himself. For example, in the bible Jesus says john the baptist is the greatest prophet, while the koran says mohammed is the gretest prophet. The koran is also confusing. It says allah crated the world in 6 days and in another part it says allah created the world in 8 days. Which one is it? Jesus is not a prophet. He himself said he is the son of God. For more info go to muslimjourneytohope.com see real muslims finding hope in Jesus.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by MistadeRegal(m): 9:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
Confused minds.
When did islam begin and when did JESUS CHRIST return to Heaven?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo's Prophecies For 2018 / Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? / Prophet Emmanuel Chukwudi: "Buhari Will Die, Nnamdi Kanu Will Be Released"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.