Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) (51175 Views)

Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g / These Wizkid Songs Were Hit But Were So Underrated / What Are Your Top 5 Most Favorite Romantic Song? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by KiNg0G: 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2022
ADEKUNLE GOLD
when he first came out I was among the people who were trying to grasp his musical style, lyrics and voiced. As a matter of fact he had this normal yoruba thick intonation. as time went on i realise this dude was actualy a top class of his own..he sounded so different that I was always waiting for his latest. yeah he changed from that good boy vibe to a bad boi style which still didn't help to boost his career that much. yes Gold is so much underated in the nigeria music industry, he should be getting much more accolades for standing out this few years.

kizz DANIEL

the feud he had with his label did affect his career, but like a bouncing ball he fell and bounced BACK better. who would have thought kizz daniel would have been compared with the likes of wizkid, davido? and the comparison is actually right. kizz daniel is a top class of his own, his works , soundtracks and voice is top notch. when I listen to his songs sometimes I wonder why he is not getting Accolades like the rest of the A list artist out there. every song he drops is a hit, just this year alone how many hit tracks? but still watch and see who headies will pack awards to.

ERIGGA
They say nigerias are mostly not fan of hip-hop songs but still til todayThe late dagrins name is remembered? paperboy as he is fondly called has been in the game before majority of most popular artist making reigns in nigeria. sometimes I wonder is it because he is a southerner? before phyno came to limelight, they was ERIGGA..infact dude is a legend to most of us who are fan of his works all this year's. the way he drops his Pidgin rap is so unique, his world plays.. metaphors.. punchlines are so hardcore that radio stations sometimes refuses to play some tracks of his....YET HENNESSY hosted cypher guess who they called some upcoming events artist.
Yet Rick ross came to Nigeria, they presented a fuji artist to him as the top rapper in nigeria..smile

WANDE COAL
WANDE was a mega Superstar during the mohits and kennis music era. Sometimes I tell people, Wizkid is a derived product from WANDE coal some argue and some agree and I have proof.. till today I still haven't seen any artist in nigeria who has the coolest, sweetest and sexiest voice compared to the early prime of wandes... only few came close but how he is still UNDERRATED despite what he gave in the game is what surprises me. After breaking from mohits, it affected his career buh still wande coal is a living legend.

PRAIZ

Same thing that's happening to johny drill and Chike.how long has PRAIZ been in the game yet no accolades, some of us will prefer going to a portable show in ojota than a johny drill concert in Abuja. I listened to some PRAIZ previous album, I wept and ask God why didn't he give us the chance to choose our countries according to our music taste. Because I know were I would have fall on.

Thank you

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by KiNg0G: 7:45pm On Jun 11, 2022
King0G writes

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:55pm On Jun 11, 2022
Some of the artists here are either not consistent or not underrated.

Adekunle Gold isn't underrated, he's at the level he's put himself. Has he even got the number of collabos Mayorkun has got? He has to do more in the crossover with other artists to stand out.

Praiz: when was the last time praiz released a song. The entertainment industry is unforgiven, if you snooze, you lose! People get over singers pretty fast.

It's just unfortunate that Erigga raps in pidgin English and not Yoruba which is the official language of the industry.

Kizz Daniel isn't underrated, he's at the level he should be. More collabos with other top artists would help cement his position. If he let it slide, then he slides too.

201 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Peter532: 7:59pm On Jun 11, 2022
KiNg0G:
ADEKUNLE GOLD
when he first came out I was among the people who were trying to grasp his musical style, lyrics and voiced. As a matter of fact he had this normal yoruba thick intonation. as time went on i realise this dude was actualy a top class of his own..he sounded so different that I was always waiting for his latest. yeah he changed from that good boy vibe to a bad boi style which still didn't help to boost his career that much. yes Gold is so much underated in the nigeria music industry, he should be getting much more accolades for standing out this few years.

kizz DANIEL

the feud he had with his label did affect his career, but like a bouncing ball he fell and bounced BACK better. who would have thought kizz daniel would have been compared with the likes of wizkid, davido? and the comparison is actually right. kizz daniel is a top class of his own, his works , soundtracks and voice is top notch. when I listen to his songs sometimes I wonder why he is not getting Accolades like the rest of the A list artist out there. every song he drops is a hit, just this year alone how many hit tracks? but still watch and see who headies will pack awards to.

ERIGGA
They say nigerias are mostly not fan of hip-hop songs but still til todayThe late dagrins name is remembered? paperboy as he is fondly called has been in the game before majority of most popular artist making reigns in nigeria. sometimes I wonder is it because he is a southerner? before phyno came to limelight, they was ERIGGA..infact dude is a legend to most of us who are fan of his works all this year's. the way he drops his Pidgin rap is so unique, his world plays.. metaphors.. punchlines are so hardcore that radio stations sometimes refuses to play some tracks of his....YET HENNESSY hosted cypher guess who they called some upcoming events artist.
Yet Rick ross came to Nigeria, they presented a fuji artist to him as the top rapper in nigeria..smile

WANDE COAL
WANDE was a mega Superstar during the mohits and kennis music era. Sometimes I tell people, Wizkid is a derived product from WANDE coal some argue and some agree and I have proof.. till today I still haven't seen any artist in nigeria who has the coolest, sweetest and sexiest voice compared to the early prime of wandes... only few came close but how he is still UNDERRATED despite what he gave in the game is what surprises me. After breaking from mohits, it affected his career buh still wande coal is a living legend.

PRAIZ

Same thing that's happening to johny drill and Chike.how long has PRAIZ been in the game yet no accolades, some of us will prefer going to a portable show in ojota than a johny drill concert in Abuja. I listened to some PRAIZ previous album, I wept and ask God why he didn't he give us the chance to choose our countries according to our music taste. Because I know were I would have fall on.

Thank you

Seun
Lalasticlala

Spot on!

I agree with you especially ERIGGA, sometimes I wonder how much dude has made in his whole music career.
Soundcity don't even play his video

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by GraciousGod190: 8:04pm On Jun 11, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

Adekunle Gold isn't underrated, he's at the level he's put himself. Has he even got the number of collabos Mayorkun has got? He has to do more in the crossover with other artists to stand out.

Praiz: when was the last time praiz released a song. The entertainment industry is unforgiven, if you snooze, you lose! People get over singers pretty fast.

It's just unfortunate that Erigga raps in pidgin English and not Yoruba which is the official language of the industry.

Kizz Daniel isn't underrated, he's at the level he should be. More collabos with other top artists would help cement his position. If he let it slide, then he slides too.
How consistent do you want this artist to be? I think you are just countering without proper understanding.
the op is right with his list, I for one knows kizz daniel has always been underated.
He should be ranked with wizkid, davido since 2018 if not more than.
Who gives the most quality party jam tracks all through this year's?
Asking when was the last time PRAIZ released a song is so absurd, you should be asking how long as PRAIZ been in the game.
PRAIZ was there before wizkid came to limelight..try and read to understand the op view, rather than countering for cheap likes unnecessarily.
Nobody cares about the number of collabos an artist made in his entire career, we all know this wiao full this our music industry.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2022
KiNg0G:
ADEKUNLE GOLD

kizz DANIEL

ERIGGA

WANDE COAL

PRAIZ

Same thing that's happening to johny drill and Chike.how long has PRAIZ been in the game yet no accolades, some of us will prefer going to a portable show in ojota than a johny drill concert in Abuja. I listened to some PRAIZ previous album, I wept and ask God why didn't he give us the chance to choose our countries according to our music taste. Because I know were I would have fall on.

Thank you

Seun
Lalasticlala
what of olamide?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Anny505(m): 8:31pm On Jun 11, 2022
Brymo, Vector and Ladipoe should be on your list too man, especially Brymo, man is fuvking underrated cry

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by KiNg0G: 8:44pm On Jun 11, 2022
Anny505:
Brymo, Vector and Ladipoe should be on your list too man, especially Brymo, man is fuvking underrated cry
yes brymo was underated, but reason I left him out was he really didn't pushed hard enough.
I mean what stopped him from giving the people another ara be?
since he realised that's what they want..so I think he wasn't really that consistent to be on my list.
As for vector he shared same spotlight with mi for years, no body came close between them.
he just didn't utilised it..

vector isn't underated to me, it's just his vibes people just doesn't feel it.. including me.

unlike naeto c, ice prince.. those are vibes that were felt

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:19am On Jun 12, 2022
GraciousGod190:

How consistent do you want this artist to be? I think you are just countering without proper understanding.
the op is right with his list, I for one knows kizz daniel has always been underated.
He should be ranked with wizkid, davido since 2018 if not more than.
Who gives the most quality party jam tracks all through this year's?
Asking when was the last time PRAIZ released a song is so absurd, you should be asking how long as PRAIZ been in the game.
PRAIZ was there before wizkid came to limelight..try and read to understand the op view, rather than countering for cheap likes unnecessarily.
Nobody cares about the number of collabos an artist made in his entire career, we all know this wiao full this our music industry.

You're so stupid for thinking I countered for cheap likes and to think that you haven't made any good points against my opinions makes it even worse.

You rate artists by their consistency in dropping good songs. If Tuface had stopped singing after African Queen or didn't release great songs consistently, he'd not be rated as highly as he is today. You could as well rate 2shots higher than Olamide because he dropped a hit single in the early 2000s!!! How foolish would that be?!

If Michael Jackson had relaxed after his thriller album, he wouldn't be rated as highly as he is. How many albums did the Beatles have? Would you rate Style Plus as highly as you rate Psquare because of Olufunmi single? But Psquare kept on churning out hits after hits!

Like I said, in Nigeria, for you to be rated in the level with Wizkid and Davido, you need many collabos even if you're not releasing singles as often as the others. That's the way it is. Some people will put Mayorkun ahead of Adekunle Gold because he's got a body of work that's so great, both his and collabos with other artists and he just surfaced about 6/7 years ago.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by GraciousGod190: 7:33am On Jun 12, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

You're so stupid for thinking I countered for cheap likes and to think that you haven't made any good points against my opinions makes it even worse.

You rate artists by their consistency in dropping good songs. If Tuface had stopped singing after African Queen or didn't release great songs consistently, he'd not be rated as highly as he is today. You could as well rate 2shots higher than Olamide because he dropped a hit single in the early 2000s!!! How foolish would that be?!

If Michael Jackson had relaxed after his thriller album, he wouldn't be rated as highly as he is. How many albums did the Beatles have? Would you rate Style Plus as highly as you rate Psquare because of Olufunmi single? But Psquare kept on churning out hits after hits!

Like I said, in Nigeria, for you to be rated in the level with Wizkid and Davido, you need many collabos even if you're not releasing singles as often as the others. That's the way it is. Some people will put Mayorkun ahead of Adekunle Gold because he's got a body of work that's so great, both his and collabos with other artists and he just surfaced about 6/7 years ago.
sense is very far from you, writing this long jargons I can't help but to think how poorly you must have done in school.

What makes artist legends? Previous works or present?

Ask yourself that question, if you still don't get it that means your level of dumbness is something else.

African queen was among one of 2face first hit.. before he dropped more album..at his Early prime.

Is 2face still not dropping songs till today?

Hasn't 2face drop some song this year 2022?

Have you heard about it? No

But will you tell me if 2face stopped dropping songs since 2015...he would have been rated low.

And he can be UNDERRATED anyhow...if he stop dropping future songs?

What about his past works that made him standout then in the early 2000.

CAN YOU SAY ITS NOT AFRICAN QUEEN THAT MADE HIM STANDOUT TIL TODAY?

Once again your a big dumb human being, your brain should be donated to Nigeria hospitals for sick patients who needs implants.

Dundee, thinking just one-way.

Who told you styplus was UNDERRATED?
Did you see them in the list.
Styplus was never UNDERRATED, infact they blew more than some current artist presently in nigeria music industry today.

And if they were to be a pol so many old artist who Left the music scene early would have been rated higher than some current artist giving you party jam today.

Tufie for the kind of brain you have, talking out of sense and above all out of point.

Collabos, collabos, collabos

Who told you collabos makes you be rated higher? Do you know how many collabos dprince had.. where is he today.

Your just a noob that knows nothing about the music industry.
I live you to other users if This thread makes fp to teach you more sense

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by GraciousGod190: 7:53am On Jun 12, 2022
[quote][/quote]
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:15am On Jun 12, 2022
GraciousGod190:
sense is very far from you, writing this long jargons I can't help but to think how poorly you must have done in school.

What makes artist legends? Previous works or present?

Ask yourself that question, if you still don't get it that means your level of dumbness is something else.

African queen was among one of 2face first hit.. before he dropped more album..at his Early prime.

Is 2face still not dropping songs till today?

Hasn't 2face drop some song this year 2022?

Have you heard about it? No

But will you tell me if 2face stopped dropping songs since 2015...he would have been rated low.

And he can be UNDERRATED anyhow...if he stop dropping future songs?

What about his past works that made him standout then in the early 2000.

CAN YOU SAY ITS NOT AFRICAN QUEEN THAT MADE HIM STANDOUT TIL TODAY?

Once again your a big dumb human being, your brain should be donated to Nigeria hospitals for sick patients who needs implants.

Dundee, thinking just one-way.

Who told you styplus was UNDERRATED?
Did you see them in the list.
Styplus was never UNDERRATED, infact they blew more than some current artist presently in nigeria music industry today.

And if they were to be a pol so many old artist who Left the music scene early would have been rated higher than some current artist giving you party jam today.

Tufie for the kind of brain you have, talking out of sense and above all out of point.

Collabos, collabos, collabos

Who told you collabos makes you be rated higher? Do you know how many collabos dprince had.. where is he today.

Your just a noob that knows nothing about the music industry.
I live you to other users if This thread makes fp to teach you more sense

grin grin ...... You must be pained to write this total nonsense with so much passion! I don't think you read through the rubbish you wrote here with all the grammatical blunders. Or perhaps that's who you are: a bum!

You still didn't make any point, mumu. I stand on my points, boy and no oloriburuku, which you are, can change it!

I compared how Styl Plus and Psquare are rated today not when they were still together. Are the old artists who're better than the ones today, rated by just a single or an album? Do you know how many albums those artists churned out in their time?

A riffraff like yourself would never understand what it means to be a legend. If Tuface hadn't released any other singles/albums after African Queen, he'd be rated as a good artist but not as highly as he's rated today.

Get this into your thick skull, scumbag! I'll be waiting for more clapbacks from you, but this time don't show how pained you are. grin grin grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Rastaramsey(m): 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2022
I feel fireboy is also underrated....

His two albums were lit.

It was x20 better than that rubbish wizkid called his album....

58 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Crusadee: 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2022
grin
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Etinosa1234: 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2022
Erigga is the most underrated musician in Nigeria... The guy lines too good Abeg... And he's highly regarded in the south South..

In fact, here in the south south, Erigga is 5 times bigger than olamide

Na Yoruba tax just help olamide...

I don't really like/listen to rap but I really regard erigga because he dey sing wetin local man dey relate with..

When I dey Lagos, I nor hear erigga sound one day, but the moment I reach Benin.. Omooo.. Eribaba..

That period wey him release motivation nko??

The way west get olamide and east get phyno, na so south get erigga

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Ademola47(m): 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2022
But kizz Daniel no suppose dey that list...

His recent song, Buga alone has exempted him from being tagged 'underrated'.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Rastaramsey(m): 7:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

Alaye stop analysing rubbish....

All of them are underrated except praiz.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by iCauseTrouble: 7:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
sad
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Farid24224(m): 7:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
PSQUARE

They are so underrated!!! Name me one Nigerian musician better!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by verybadmouth(m): 7:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
K
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Johel(m): 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
KiNg0G:
ADEKUNLE GOLD

kizz DANIEL

ERIGGA

WANDE COAL

PRAIZ

Thank you

Wande isn't underrated,he's a big star but just keeping it low and staying off SM dramas...replace him with Alhaji Tekno.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by BigBelleControl(m): 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
Ok
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Karleb(m): 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
Adekunle Gold and Kizz Daniel are not underrated at all.

The only person that might be a bit underrated is Erriga but like someone said, he's at the level he puts himself.

19 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by samuelthaking(m): 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
Going commercial weakened Gold's influence
And wande coal is overrated, abeg, just occasional hits

Buy Data as cheap as 300 per GB

Buy Data and stay online
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by DropsMic(m): 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hmm
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by EmekaStanley: 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
Johnny Drille

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by ecolime(m): 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
These guys songs are dope. Dem sabi music biko

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Btibap: 7:40pm On Jun 12, 2022
I disagree with this list
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 12, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

You are 100% correct. Underrated artist, I was expecting to see names like Chike. These guys he mentioned are already superstars in their own league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTi4JtUP0ZU

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs / Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? / "One Corner" Dance Hits Nigeria (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.