Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds (113256 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Buhari As A Tennis Player In The 70s / Throwback Photo Of Bukola Saraki & His Dad In The 60s / Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by Orikinla(m): 9:41am On Sep 20, 2015
The way we were.
My mother of blessed memory, Mrs. Gladys Eke used Satin Sheen for her hair.
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by Orikinla(m): 10:17am On Sep 20, 2015
[size=18pt]Today I am at home going down memory lane in memorial tribute to my parents of blessed memory Mr. Sunday Eke and Mrs. Gladys Eke who gave birth to me on a Sunday.
I miss my parents and I miss my childhood in Obalende in the 1970s. We lived at #28, Obalende Road, Lagos.
Sometimes these photographs of Lagos and other parts of Nigeria make me happy and also sad, because mortals come and go and there are billions of people having and sharing similar memories in the world today. And this fact of life reinforces my belief and faith in God, even though the mystery of life can never be known in mortality and only God knows the mystery. This also makes me to love my fellow humans more than ever before, because the best we can do for ourselves is to do our best to live, love and work for our survival and welfare on a planet and universe we don't know the beginning and we don't know the end. We should not fight or hate anyone, but just live and let others live in peace and enjoy every moment of our life in a mysterious world.
Happy Sunday everyone reading this. [/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by Orikinla(m): 10:26am On Sep 20, 2015
igbsam:
The 2nd picture got me shedding tears,
Are those naked boobs I am seeing? grin
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by BushidoBlue(m): 11:29am On Sep 20, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=18pt]Today I am at home going down memory lane in memorial tribute to my parents of blessed memory Mr. Sunday Eke and Mrs. Gladys Eke who gave birth to me on a Sunday.
I miss my parents and I miss my childhood in Obalende in the 1970s. We lived at #28, Obalende Road, Lagos.
Sometimes these photographs of Lagos and other parts of Nigeria make me happy and also sad, because mortals come and go and there are billions of people having and sharing similar memories in the world today. And this fact of life reinforces my belief and faith in God, even though the mystery of life can never be known in mortality and only God knows the mystery. This also makes me to love my fellow humans more than ever before, because the best we can do for ourselves is to do our best to live, love and work for our survival and welfare on a planet and universe we don't know the beginning and we don't know the end. We should not fight or hate anyone, but just live and let others live in peace and enjoy every moment of our life in a mysterious world.
Happy Sunday everyone reading this. [/size]

And we should believe this cos it's a Sunday, a holy day?
Or because it's coming from the same person that wrote this....

Orikinla:

She must be a Yoruba mother.
Omo Oluwa Bi.

[size=18pt]Many Igbo mothers teach their daughters how to divide the monthly allowances for provisions into two unequal parts and save the larger sum for herself and her mother and deprive her husband of some provisions.Very greedy women. They don't mind to cheat their husbands to buy expensive clothes and jewelries for August Meeting and other wasteful events.[/size]

You see how tribalistic you are yet you have the guts to speak of living together in peace in a mysterious world?
It is indeed a mysterious world.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by Christistruth00: 10:54pm On Jan 19, 2018
Left: Major Muhammadu Buhari, Middle: Col. D. Bamigboye. Inspecting the front during the civil war. 1969

That is Baba Iyabo himself (OBJ) in the background.

Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by whatofyou: 2:02am On Jan 20, 2018
Isn't it ironic! Everything about the Blackman and Africa starts with great and high expectations, but as it starts to taste some years it begins to falter. Take Nairaland for an example, and Oga Seun doesn't know what to do to get it to her former glory; he rather seems more interested with traffic. At times when I look at myself and the people who will make Naija a better country, I feel...

Great thread!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano / Sokoto Road, Kaduna: El-Rufai Constructs Road That Looks Like European Road / Photo Of Bianca Ojukwu After Slapping Ebelechukwu Obiano As Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.