Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,376 members, 7,864,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:51 AM

Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices (8509 Views)

Diesel, Jet Fuel Rising Prices Threaten Industries, Airlines / 71% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Youths - INEC / Cooking Gas Demand Crashes Amid Rising Prices, Marketers Groan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by MT: 8:50am On Jun 16, 2022
WHITELIGHTER:

But they are doing something about it...if you wanna compare economies, do a general comparison

They are doing nothing except appealing to Saudi Arabia, a country that Joe Biden once described as Pariah, to pump more oil. It is difficult all over the world. The US just raised the interest rates, which means you will pay more for everything from mortgage to student loan etc. Africa is experiencing the ripple effect of the war.

However, while a lot of people focus on the presidency, we have a knack to always excuse the Senate and House of Rep who are just wasting our money for doing nothing. People should pay more attention to them during the forthcoming election. If State House of assembly and Senate and House of Rep are full of sound minded people, the Governors and presidency will sit up because they can be impeached. These days, they have forgotten about their oversight functions and focus on being puppets of the executives in both Federal and States.

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by GarkiAccessory(m): 8:56am On Jun 16, 2022
B
Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by GarkiAccessory(m): 8:56am On Jun 16, 2022
Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by franktech(m): 8:57am On Jun 16, 2022
It is tunubus turn�
Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:57am On Jun 16, 2022
Why
Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 16, 2022
oz4real83:
The name for the kind of inflation we have in Nigeria is unknown in the economic world. Ordinary "rumour" that the prices of petroleum products will "soon increase" even when they haven't increased is enough to raise the inflation level. When the actual increase comes, the inflation level will increase again. I used to call the first type of inflation that is due to rumour as "Wickedness inflation" because as at then, the prices of petroleum products are still the same but inflation still came. Another area where this wickedness inflation comes is when you increase prices by 100% and reduce the quantity by 50% for the same commodity!!!. Most Nigerians have evil hearts, govt's failure just serve as excuse to perpetuate their Wickedness.

Lol even Devil sef dey learn work from Shiitholians hand..
Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:15am On Jun 16, 2022
Why
Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by Asek1(m): 9:15am On Jun 16, 2022
oz4real83:
The name for the kind of inflation we have in Nigeria is unknown in the economic world. Ordinary "rumour" that the prices of petroleum products will "soon increase" even when they haven't increased is enough to raise the inflation level. When the actual increase comes, the inflation level will increase again. I used to call the first type of inflation that is due to rumour as "Wickedness inflation" because as at then, the prices of petroleum products are still the same but inflation still came. Another area where this wickedness inflation comes is when you increase prices by 100% and reduce the quantity by 50% for the same commodity!!!. Most Nigerians have evil hearts, govt's failure just serve as excuse to perpetuate their Wickedness.

Am with you on this bro cool

So very apt!

MODIFIED
"WICKEDNESS INFLATION"
Unfortunately, it has been ingrained in most businesses in Naija
Peter Obi has to do something drastic about it when he comes on board
Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 16, 2022
Consequences of excessive borrowing, stealing and zero accountability, minister of finance should resign along with her presidio.

The business environment is camotose, refineries are shut, high cost of doing business, IMF is culprit for lending monies to irresponsible government.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 16, 2022
GarkiAccessory:
Policy makers, federal government increase wages and salaries to match with inflation now.

Increase from what?
Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by BigSam13: 10:28am On Jun 16, 2022
Please let's join hands together to vote present governance beyond 2023
Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by anigbajumo(m): 11:01am On Jun 16, 2022
gambojimeta:

The world was just recovering from Covid then Russia struck Ukraine. People where hailing on Putin as if the more inflation the war would trigger won't affect us all.

Dangote too just announced about over 30% increase in cost of production. Like a real billionaire that he is, he will quickly pass on the cost to consumers from cement to tomato to salt and sugar.

Diesel is also speculated to reach 1500 naira in the next couple of days, every company using diesel will also pass on the cost to consumers.

Bro, @1500 a litre of diesel I can assure you that more companies will fold up. The transportation sector might shut down because I don’t understand how to deliver goods with 1500 Naira per litre. Nigeria should be very much aware of tough time ahead coz the inflation and the suffering will skyrocket in due time.
Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by nkemjacob2(m): 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
Inflation will keep looming cos of buhari failed economy system Which tinubu is proud of bringing him to power. Which BAT wants to take power in 2023 and d supporters are hailing him. All i will say save the future of the nigerians and vote the right thing
Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by Atllanta: 12:52pm On Jun 16, 2022
I"m tired o
inflation 4ks with my peace of mind

1 Like

Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by zexy2030(m): 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2022
Africanpride1. Good write up

1 Like

Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by Achilles881: 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
Mhhh, what else will I do now to punish Nigerians, I have shut down the national grid, closed down their universities, blocked osibanjo, given them emi lokan, which other punishment remain, na to increase that diesel de hungry me now, but this small boy osiinbade is begging me, mhhh!

Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by Wwwq: 4:50pm On Jun 16, 2022
Really
Re: Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices by ultimateprof: 5:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
I don't think Buhari listen to news and if he does, I don't think he used to comprehend.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Guber Candidates Sign Peace Accord Ahead Of Poll / How Did Nigeria Get Their Independence? / Ladipo Market Demolished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.