Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) (85717 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment / Nigeria Musicians Who Have Beefs With Each Other (must see) / Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Yemimovich(m): 8:40am On Jun 17, 2022
I think this post should have been themed" artistes who faded after breakthrough" Artistes who cant handle fame are the ones misbehaving. So many artistes of repute, still relevant and with fame. Any artiste who can't handle fame are always in sagas.
Burna Boy is a very typical example of your post theme.
Get the right word for a good post next time.
KiNg0G:
The goal of every celebrity is to be at the top and remain there for as long as they could, some did, some tried but couldn't... while some just let go of the fame and move to other meaningful businesses of their choice

here are my top 5 countdown celebrity that couldn't handle fame

kOREDE BELLO

it's one thing to be talented and another to be prince charming.. kOREDE is an artist I won't say is that talented, he started young, signed to mavin with one of the most hotest hit single in nigeria of all time GOD WIN,. to the point his name was even changed to it. like they say one hit can keep you in the music business.. he had the fame all through that years just because of that song but too bad he couldn't capitalize on it, an opportunity alot of musicians are looking for till today.
even though is name will always ring a bell on our ears but his recent songs may not.

Mr, Eazi

when Eazi came out 2014, 2015 the whole industry shooked, wondering who is this wonder kid almost an extent he was dragged by two african countries, nigeria and ghana.
the nigeria born singer who spent quite some time of his life living in ghana was so talented with his thick voice and when he goes "high pitch" on a song they is way he does it till today I still haven't seen any artist that sound so "emotional" like the early mr Eazi sorta like post malone.. Dude was so different, came with a unique style and won next rated the following year unopposed, he even helped revived terry G career through a feature skin tight. it's so painful we don't know why he couldn't keep up, the only thing we knew is that he was dating a billionaire daughter. listening to his latest song this year Legalise, I shaked my head, this man still has it but lost the one thing that matters alot the "fame"

lil kesh

kesh is the reason why I don't blame mayorkun for sticking with davido all through this year's. maybe if he didn't leave olamide so soon he won't have turned to an upcoming artist. his genre of music has been filled by his kind with like of zlanta, naira marley, poco lee and the recent wave on the street portable. kesh had the fame but he couldn't handle it due to the path he chosed.

BLACK FACE

This man doesn't need an intro, he's been sympathised with all through the years by fans, friends and families (fff) for been a victim of a song robbery, african queen stolen by 2face.. he had the fame to renovate himself all through the years and make a comeback but unfortunately he couldn't, been the pillar of the defunct group plantation boys in the early 2000s, he had it all but a mismanagement of fame didn't really help. All he does to cry for a lost treasure and funny enough nigeria's don't take him serious no more. he caused it with his own hands.

ICE PRINCE
ZAmani, the man who made alot of nigerias love rap music. the oleku singer who was signed to choc city label became among the top artist making wave at that time within a short period of time. he was so loved as he brought series of rap hit singles, from been feature in samklef noni, superstar, to juju badman!....but all that begin to changed when he dived into doing what other artists were doing (party jam) just to please nigerias. to me that was the begining of his downfall.
he was known to be a rapper, why sing? if nigerias wants to listen to party jams they have wizkid for that, they have davido and alot of other musicians for that, he should have held his own which was hip-hop and by now he would have been a legend like his mentors before him, mi, ruggedman, eedris,naeto c.
though the last time we heard from him was a feature he got on "I like your waist in particular" which was a mega hit but ever since then nothing. ice Prince just couldn't handle fame, sometimes I wondered what really happened to him.

Note: King0G is no blogger but a music lover!
thank you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by blackboy(m): 8:52am On Jun 17, 2022
dgitrader:
Nothing last forever. Some of this artist made the best of it
Spot on!! Some cashed out or moved on.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Pootle: 9:01am On Jun 17, 2022
nigga to be relevant for naija music game na jus grace
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by BBBricks: 9:05am On Jun 17, 2022
Joezinho:
* Korede Bello never had talent. After dropping "Godwin" Korede has been barren like HumbleSmith..

* Blackface remains one of the most talented artist ever...Dude wrote almost all the songs Plantashun boiz had in their first album..

* Ice murdered his own career. He was one of the pioneers of new school hiphop but he delved into party jams...

* Lil kesh is just a talentless mofo..

* Mr eazi is the worst of them all. He used his mouth to end his career by saying Ghanaian music influenced Nigerian music.
The clown should have gone down on his knees and apologize to every music lover in Nigeria.

The same MR EAZI that won the last Grammy awards along with Angelique kidjo?

Or am I typing rubbish?
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Pootle: 9:05am On Jun 17, 2022
Starboytwo:
damn, the guy just disappeared like mess, damn, he was so tight lyrically.

I remember that song well well, shuku shuku bam bam, damn.

nigga this ur mess analogy off me here o...colleagues for work jus dey ask me why i dey laugh since
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Pootle: 9:07am On Jun 17, 2022
CaptainFM1:
Azadus!!!

this og was good that so sad how end up same with buzzman
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Imustnottalk: 11:00am On Jun 17, 2022
paulolee:
wat of W4, Kas beats, durella, chuddi K, kelly handsome, sean tizzle, jesse jagz...omor d list long pass this o..
na dt sean tizzle own pain me pass...I remembered wen he won barna boy in headies next rated award n took d car simply bcoz sean tizzle uncle owns beat FM n was well connected and also barna wasnt mtn artist dt do sponsor headies back den..
burna vex leave dt venue dt day bcoz he was a clear winner, hits like yawa dey and run my race were. buzzing all clubs..
years letta, burna don win grammy n headies next rated don turn pastor.....rubbish
I don laugh yakata
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 17, 2022
labi1977:

idiot stop talking nonsense they faded away because they don't have any content n can barely rap

you are an slowpoke mi still came out long enough before any of these other guys n was big enough before them and I'm telling you that even though you live in a village mi is still ok in Nigeria at least even if he's not number one anymore.

You are really dumb because because you have agreed that rap is not big anymore but you are still arguing nonsense. I'm trying to tell you that most Nigerian wannabe rappers were wack to begin with with weak schoolboy punchlines except indigenous rappers. Don't mention any stupid names for me I can't listen to most of them.

lover. Pangolo head.[s][/s]

Incoherent gibberish. You know nothing about Nigerian music confirmed. MI came out before Ruggedman and Da grin?

Next time educate yourself on a topic before coming to disgrace yourself online. Dumbass
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by shoprite: 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2022
Tolexander:
I wanted to mention Portable, but you said musician

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by makaveli902: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2022
SenatePresdo:
The only Musician that can't handle fame is Burna Boy, I love his songs.

But the distance between Burna boy and sense is like the distance between Tinubu's hand and A Flag.

It's like the distance between Tinubu and Aso Rock
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Lamanii22(f): 7:11pm On Jun 17, 2022
Milljack:
Where's dammy krane?
someone once said, even if you put bomb in dammy krane’s mouth that he won’t still blow...
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by labi1977(m): 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Incoherent gibberish. You know nothing about Nigerian music confirmed. MI came out before Ruggedman and Da grin?

Next time educate yourself on a topic before coming to disgrace yourself online. Dumbass

You are insane did I mention any of those two guys anywhere mad man arguing with himself
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
labi1977:

You are insane did I mention any of those two guys anywhere mad man arguing with himself

Olodo. You’ve lost the argument you started now talking rubbish. Dumb slowpoke. You said MI came out before any of the guys I listed which included rugged man and Da grin. No go talk for outside bro. Dem go just stone you bottle.

M.I has many fathers in the Nigerian rap industry. He is a small boy who blew in 2008 when people like trybes men were tearing up the streets since 2002. Even Naeto-C blew in 2006. Knighthouse, storm records and 419 squad sef day. Bro go sit down jare. Small boy that don’t know nothing.

Don’t be thinking everyone here is a novice. I have been a hip hop and music fan since before you were born so show respect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngJRjniW474
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by labi1977(m): 9:15am On Jun 18, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Olodo. You’ve lost the argument you started now talking rubbish. Dumb slowpoke. You said MI came out before any of the guys I listed which included rugged man and Da grin. No go talk for outside bro. Dem go just stone you bottle.

M.I has many fathers in the Nigerian rap industry. He is a small boy who blew in 2008 when people like trybes men were tearing up the streets since 2002. Even Naeto-C blew in 2006. Knighthouse, storm records and 419 squad sef day. Bro go sit down jare. Small boy that don’t know nothing.

Don’t be thinking everyone here is a novice. I have been a hip hop and music fan since before you were born so show respect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngJRjniW474

illiterate asshole all along I was obviously talking about the big three now not ancient and retired rappers you are the one bringing out ancients, offpoint as usual.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 18, 2022
labi1977:

illiterate asshole all along I was obviously talking about the big three now not ancient and retired rappers you are the one bringing out ancients, offpoint as usual.

Dumbass which big 3? Hahahaha. My whole point in this stupid argument is to let you know that NO rapper in Nigeria now is “big” because rap music doesn’t move the market here anymore. That’s why many former rappers like Olamide and skales have made the switch to Afro-pop. It’s like you’re deaf or something.

Almost all those rappers I mentioned are still active and releasing records but they just don’t get traction anymore like they did in 2002-2010 period when the rap industry was on fire. You don’t even know any of them because you were still sucking mummy’s breast back then LOL.

https://www..ng/entertainment/do-you-agree-here-are-the-4-solid-reasons-why-rap-music-is-dying-dead-in-nigeria

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by ItisHi: 5:02pm On Jun 18, 2022
emmanuelike:

Go and verify.

No be to dey shout big cap.

Eazi was even bigger than David.

After Lagos to London was released.
I say it again. Big Cap. Go compare their streaming numbers and report back to me. Burnaboy to Mr Eazi grin
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by brainycaleb(m): 3:43am On Jun 19, 2022
That Mr. Eazi use him mouth kill him career! Dude said Nigerian artistes were copying his azonto style and was picking Ghana over Nigeria! Same way Burna Boy is claiming British over Nigeria after the grammys and some idiots are still cool with it! The modern Burna is dead to me, every other song and albums before his "T. A. T" album is a Nigerian sauce!
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Milljack: 8:16am On Jun 19, 2022
Lol the way he fizzled out of the scene is surprising
Lamanii22:
someone once said, even if you put bomb in dammy krane’s mouth that he won’t still blow...
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by labi1977(m): 2:57pm On Jun 19, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Dumbass which big 3? Hahahaha. My whole point in this stupid argument is to let you know that NO rapper in Nigeria now is “big” because rap music doesn’t move the market here anymore. That’s why many former rappers like Olamide and skales have made the switch to Afro-pop. It’s like you’re deaf or something.

Almost all those rappers I mentioned are still active and releasing records but they just don’t get traction anymore like they did in 2002-2010 period when the rap industry was on fire. You don’t even know any of them because you were still sucking mummy’s breast back then LOL.

https://www..ng/entertainment/do-you-agree-here-are-the-4-solid-reasons-why-rap-music-is-dying-dead-in-nigeria

You are really dumb and always off point my whole argument is that mi music is still on point and doing well Vector is doing well where it matters too. you have consistently agreed with me that rap is no longer big anymore but you are still arguing crap. You should not have mentioned mi's name in a thread talking about failed or forgotten musicians. That he's no longer number one is irrelevant his songs are still top 10 when they drop.

The big 3 are burna boy wizkid and davido olodo.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 19, 2022
labi1977:

You are really dumb and always off point my whole argument is that mi music is still on point and doing well Vector is doing well where it matters too. you have consistently agreed with me that rap is no longer big anymore but you are still arguing crap. You should not have mentioned mi's name in a thread talking about failed or forgotten musicians. That he's no longer number one is irrelevant his songs are still top 10 when they drop.

The big 3 are burna boy wizkid and davido olodo.

Shut up idiottt. You have talked so much crap you forgot how the argument started. You jumped into my mentions chastising me for saying Ice prince no longer makes waves because rap music in Nigeria is dead. Check your post history l foool. This is what you were offended by initially. Since then you have changed position like 10 times to the point of just rambling incoherently now. Mumu. Go take a seat.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by PetroDolla2020: 5:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
What is wrong with Mr Easi saying Ghana music influenced Nigerian music? cool

Joezinho:
* Korede Bello never had talent. After dropping "Godwin" Korede has been barren like HumbleSmith..

* Blackface remains one of the most talented artist ever...Dude wrote almost all the songs Plantashun boiz had in their first album..

* Ice murdered his own career. He was one of the pioneers of new school hiphop but he delved into party jams...

* Lil kesh is just a talentless mofo..

* Mr eazi is the worst of them all. He used his mouth to end his career by saying Ghanaian music influenced Nigerian music.
The clown should have gone down on his knees and apologize to every music lover in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by labi1977(m): 11:30am On Jun 20, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Shut up idiottt. You have talked so much crap you forgot how the argument started. You jumped into my mentions chastising me for saying Ice prince no longer makes waves because rap music in Nigeria is dead. Check your post history l foool. This is what you were offended by initially. Since then you have changed position like 10 times to the point of just rambling incoherently now. Mumu. Go take a seat.

Hello again illiterate ice Prince cannot rap he is one of the fakest rappers im talking about. mi is African rapper number one and you are just an idiot

slowpoke go back to primary School
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by udeh3(m): 6:35am On Jun 30, 2022
KiNg0G:
The goal of every celebrity is to be at the top and remain there for as long as they could, some did, some tried but couldn't... while some just let go of the fame and move to other meaningful businesses of their choice

here are my top 5 countdown celebrity that couldn't handle fame

kOREDE BELLO

Op, remove Blackface from the list. Dude is still in the business of writing songs. Many artiste patronizes him. He spent more of his time in raising singer's than singing. Blackface since late 90s is still known by this new generation.

it's one thing to be talented and another to be prince charming.. kOREDE is an artist I won't say is that talented, he started young, signed to mavin with one of the most hotest hit single in nigeria of all time GOD WIN,. to the point his name was even changed to it. like they say one hit can keep you in the music business.. he had the fame all through that years just because of that song but too bad he couldn't capitalize on it, an opportunity alot of musicians are looking for till today.
even though is name will always ring a bell on our ears but his recent songs may not.

Mr, Eazi

when Eazi came out 2014, 2015 the whole industry shooked, wondering who is this wonder kid almost an extent he was dragged by two african countries, nigeria and ghana.
the nigeria born singer who spent quite some time of his life living in ghana was so talented with his thick voice and when he goes "high pitch" on a song they is way he does it till today I still haven't seen any artist that sound so "emotional" like the early mr Eazi sorta like post malone.. Dude was so different, came with a unique style and won next rated the following year unopposed, he even helped revived terry G career through a feature skin tight. it's so painful we don't know why he couldn't keep up, the only thing we knew is that he was dating a billionaire daughter. listening to his latest song this year Legalise, I shaked my head, this man still has it but lost the one thing that matters alot the "fame"

lil kesh

kesh is the reason why I don't blame mayorkun for sticking with davido all through this year's. maybe if he didn't leave olamide so soon he won't have turned to an upcoming artist. his genre of music has been filled by his kind with like of zlanta, naira marley, poco lee and the recent wave on the street portable. kesh had the fame but he couldn't handle it due to the path he chosed.

BLACK FACE

This man doesn't need an intro, he's been sympathised with all through the years by fans, friends and families (fff) for been a victim of a song robbery, african queen stolen by 2face.. he had the fame to renovate himself all through the years and make a comeback but unfortunately he couldn't, been the pillar of the defunct group plantation boys in the early 2000s, he had it all but a mismanagement of fame didn't really help. All he does to cry for a lost treasure and funny enough nigeria's don't take him serious no more. he caused it with his own hands.

ICE PRINCE
ZAmani, the man who made alot of nigerias love rap music. the oleku singer who was signed to choc city label became among the top artist making wave at that time within a short period of time. he was so loved as he brought series of rap hit singles, from been feature in samklef noni, superstar, to juju badman!....but all that begin to changed when he dived into doing what other artists were doing (party jam) just to please nigerias. to me that was the begining of his downfall.
he was known to be a rapper, why sing? if nigerias wants to listen to party jams they have wizkid for that, they have davido and alot of other musicians for that, he should have held his own which was hip-hop and by now he would have been a legend like his mentors before him, mi, ruggedman, eedris,naeto c.
though the last time we heard from him was a feature he got on "I like your waist in particular" which was a mega hit but ever since then nothing. ice Prince just couldn't handle fame, sometimes I wondered what really happened to him.

Note: King0G is no blogger but a music lover!
thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria / List Of All Radio Stations In Lagos / FREE 9ja Beats R&B Beats Hip Hop instrumentals For Your Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.