Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,997 members, 7,828,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) (85719 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment / Nigeria Musicians Who Have Beefs With Each Other (must see) / Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by sonofElElyon: 8:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Burna Boy is a murderer. He shot 2 people last week while laughing maniacally and is paying hungry bloggers to post good things about him so this ugly news won't trend.

Burna Boy is a murderer.

Actually nobody died... And in fairness all you can accuse him of is laughing while his police guards shot the victims.. can't be proved that he ordered the shooting... They might have been overzealous.. no witness has said he ordered the shooting. His conduct was totally reprehensible nonetheless. He can't handle fame and is too full of himself
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by jammmy(m): 8:10pm On Jun 16, 2022
i was expecting 9ice on the list,#oleku was one of best songs then,till wen i realize d artist was an ole..buruku
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Elsueno: 8:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
Ice Prince, sigh ...d only musician apart from styl plus dat I actually bought thier songs with my own MONEY, like literally bought d original CD's

Oleku! tell me something way I no fit do grin
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by PrinceMajestic: 8:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
Kayclite:

True sha. Why Naija music (especially the current ones) don't stand the test of time is because its mostly meaningless jargons usually centered around fake and materialistic love, and many times about woman's backside.
No moral story to tell. Can only inspire a mad man to keep being mad.
Basically, just hype music for the clubs. When the dopamine of the song dies down, you jump to the next dopamine booster which is another meaningless jargon and beat.

There are some that were good.
I personally like Timaya's first album.
you said it all bro, I like timaya first album too with his Dem mama soldiers group, I like old Naija musicians like shank, duncan mighty, killz those ghetto musicians like Tanker and mansion, Danfo drivers, flekta man, even Terry g then house of ginjah album has some cool sensible tracks on it. My best Terry song is "Omo Naija" it's one my coolest Naija track till date, I just leave it on repeat while I sleep but nowadays Naija music guys are all just about jargons and noise.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by CheedyJ(m): 8:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
Starboytwo:
I’m still out here looking for “Phenom”

That guy was a very dope arz rapper, just disappeared. I remember he was them mochedda label mate in knighhouse back then(maybe wrong)

I still remember one of his track “murder dem”
I swear u sabi, I used to really like phenom that year & expected more but who knows, him fit don japa
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by victorazy(m): 8:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
Joezinho:
* Korede Bello never had talent. After dropping "Godwin" Korede has been barren like HumbleSmith..

* Blackface remains one of the most talented artist ever...Dude wrote almost all the songs Plantashun boiz had in their first album..

* Ice murdered his own career. He was one of the pioneers of new school hiphop but he delved into party jams...

* Lil kesh is just a talentless mofo..

* Mr eazi is the worst of them all. He used his mouth to end his career by saying Ghanaian music influenced Nigerian music.
The clown should have gone down on his knees and apologize to every music lover in Nigeria.

What about Chidinma
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Tzar(m): 8:12pm On Jun 16, 2022
You are badass!
Tolexander:
I wanted to mention Portable, but you said musician
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Arkmanbuddy(m): 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2022
This KingOG just comes up with good thread topics with nonsense content. Who told you Korede couldn't manage fame? How do you manage fame, tbh? How many hit songs has he dropped and what controversies has he been involved in?

What do you expect Blackface to do with the fame he has, build an empire? He's by far the most talented songwriter in this country, but the industry only rewards singers, that's why he's not in the limelight.

Lil Kesh never had any talent to begin with. The little he seemed to have was lost because he didn't guide it right. Mismanagement of Fame only happens if the person is involved in many controversies that destroyed their career.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by DispatcherLagos: 8:15pm On Jun 16, 2022
Banky w
Ruff coin
Duncan mighty
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2022
labi1977:

Op and your comments are confused and rubbish

mi is still the best African rapper number one no cap -- followed by nasty c. Black sheriff is also very hot right now.

Mi and Vector still released hit songs last year I'm sure Mi has done one hot song this year stop misyarning

Most of the people op mentioned r alive and well and still releasing good music but it's called five minutes of fame for a reason

nonsense thread

The kind of anger you people pour out on the most trivial of topics really epitomizes the frustration of Nigerians youth.

Also your inability to read and comprehend epitomizes our poor education system.

When last did MI or Vector release a number one single? When last did either of them release any record that’s made waves on the level of Davido and burner boy recently. I don’t even know the other so called rappers you mentioned which proves my point that Nigerians are no longer into hip hop. Olamide said so himself when people asked why he now does Afro pop. Skales said the same thing that rap doesn't sell in Nigeria.

So if professionals in the industry can say it, I don’t know who is one random Labi1977 on Nairaland to say otherwise. Ode.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by brightest5050: 8:19pm On Jun 16, 2022
Starboytwo:
I’m still out here looking for “Phenom”

That guy was a very dope arz rapper, just disappeared. I remember he was them mochedda label mate in knighhouse back then(maybe wrong)

I still remember one of his track “murder dem”

You an OG for remembering and knowing Phenom. Knight House to me affected Phenom growth even though they gave Phenom a platform when there was no platform for him, they didn't publicise him well enough and didn't make enough videos for him. Phenom more like outgrew Knight House but still remain in the label.

At a point Star Boy Inc. and Olamide YBNL tried to sign him but for some reasons he refused to leave Knight House even after Mo'Chedda left.

I heard he finally joined KKTBM the company that signed Yung 6 (that was before Yung 6 left the label) but ever since then nothing has been heard from him. I really hope Phenom is good wherever he is and I look forward to him dropping a single.

Phemom song Shukubambam was a smash hit wayback

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Omniman(m): 8:19pm On Jun 16, 2022
obembet:
Op the list no complete

Olu maintain
tony Tenula
9ice
Chinwe Ike.. Resonance
Africa China... After crisis.. nothing agai
Djinee.. this one sing ego... And end there.

What year did you teleport from? tongue
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Solowande(m): 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tolexander:
guy, you are wicked
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Patriotic9ja(m): 8:24pm On Jun 16, 2022
Aburada:
Adekunle Gold never really fell off bro

Even 2face acknowledged his resurgence lately

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by ozo13(m): 8:26pm On Jun 16, 2022
Black faze don suffer for una hand.the guy go sue una
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by angelfallz(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2022
I remember Noni that year. .... Even aboki
KiNg0G:
The goal of every celebrity is to be at the top and remain there for as long as they could, some did, some tried but couldn't... while some just let go of the fame and move to other meaningful businesses of their choice

here are my top 5 countdown celebrity that couldn't handle fame

kOREDE BELLO

it's one thing to be talented and another to be prince charming.. kOREDE is an artist I won't say is that talented, he started young, signed to mavin with one of the most hotest hit single in nigeria of all time GOD WIN,. to the point his name was even changed to it. like they say one hit can keep you in the music business.. he had the fame all through that years just because of that song but too bad he couldn't capitalize on it, an opportunity alot of musicians are looking for till today.
even though is name will always ring a bell on our ears but his recent songs may not.

Mr, Eazi

when Eazi came out 2014, 2015 the whole industry shooked, wondering who is this wonder kid almost an extent he was dragged by two african countries, nigeria and ghana.
the nigeria born singer who spent quite some time of his life living in ghana was so talented with his thick voice and when he goes "high pitch" on a song they is way he does it till today I still haven't seen any artist that sound so "emotional" like the early mr Eazi sorta like post malone.. Dude was so different, came with a unique style and won next rated the following year unopposed, he even helped revived terry G career through a feature skin tight. it's so painful we don't know why he couldn't keep up, the only thing we knew is that he was dating a billionaire daughter. listening to his latest song this year Legalise, I shaked my head, this man still has it but lost the one thing that matters alot the "fame"

lil kesh

kesh is the reason why I don't blame mayorkun for sticking with davido all through this year's. maybe if he didn't leave olamide so soon he won't have turned to an upcoming artist. his genre of music has been filled by his kind with like of zlanta, naira marley, poco lee and the recent wave on the street portable. kesh had the fame but he couldn't handle it due to the path he chosed.

BLACK FACE

This man doesn't need an intro, he's been sympathised with all through the years by fans, friends and families (fff) for been a victim of a song robbery, african queen stolen by 2face.. he had the fame to renovate himself all through the years and make a comeback but unfortunately he couldn't, been the pillar of the defunct group plantation boys in the early 2000s, he had it all but a mismanagement of fame didn't really help. All he does to cry for a lost treasure and funny enough nigeria's don't take him serious no more. he caused it with his own hands.

ICE PRINCE
ZAmani, the man who made alot of nigerias love rap music. the oleku singer who was signed to choc city label became among the top artist making wave at that time within a short period of time. he was so loved as he brought series of rap hit singles, from been feature in samklef noni, superstar, to juju badman!....but all that begin to changed when he dived into doing what other artists were doing (party jam) just to please nigerias. to me that was the begining of his downfall.
he was known to be a rapper, why sing? if nigerias wants to listen to party jams they have wizkid for that, they have davido and alot of other musicians for that, he should have held his own which was hip-hop and by now he would have been a legend like his mentors before him, mi, ruggedman, eedris,naeto c.
though the last time we heard from him was a feature he got on "I like your waist in particular" which was a mega hit but ever since then nothing. ice Prince just couldn't handle fame, sometimes I wondered what really happened to him.

Note: King0G is no blogger but a music lover!
thank you
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by labi1977(m): 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

The kind of anger you people pour out on the most trivial of topics really epitomizes the frustration of Nigerians youth.

Also your inability to read and comprehend epitomizes our poor education system.

When last did MI or Vector release a number one single? When last did either of them release any record that’s made waves on the level of Davido and burner boy recently. I don’t even know the other so called rappers you mentioned which proves my point that Nigerians are no longer into hip hop. Olamide said so himself when people asked why he now does Afro pop. Skales said the same thing that rap doesn't sell in Nigeria.

So if professionals in the industry can say it, I don’t know who is one random Labi1977 on Nairaland to say otherwise. Ode.

You're a villager that's why you don't know the people I mentioned sorry

I don't know which village or local government you are living in but in Lagos mi and vector received massive airplay last year and this year for their music. You can't expect mi to be as hot as when he started but honestly his music is better now and more matured. If you are doing well on Lagos airwaves then you are big enough no cap.

Burna is very hot right now you can't compare him to anyone except other top alists but he will lose everything if it continues acting like a fool

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by anungangampu: 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2022
Johnny147147:

I'm surprised bruv... Why didn't he listed the likes of Daddy Showkey, African China et al?
some one even added African China
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by armyofone(m): 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2022
Not because they couldn't handle fame.

Time is important for artists and movies stars because 'another' someone is always coming up.

Time kills fame.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by angelfallz(m): 8:37pm On Jun 16, 2022
You're wicked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Joezinho:
* Korede Bello never had talent. After dropping "Godwin" Korede has been barren like HumbleSmith..

* Blackface remains one of the most talented artist ever...Dude wrote almost all the songs Plantashun boiz had in their first album..

* Ice murdered his own career. He was one of the pioneers of new school hiphop but he delved into party jams...

* Lil kesh is just a talentless mofo..

* Mr eazi is the worst of them all. He used his mouth to end his career by saying Ghanaian music influenced Nigerian music.
The clown should have gone down on his knees and apologize to every music lover in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Duru009(m): 8:37pm On Jun 16, 2022
Mr. Eazi shouldn't be on that LIST....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by angelfallz(m): 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2022
Olu Maintain is a one hit wonder
Anny505:
Honourable mention

Runtown

Olu maintain

Yung 6ix

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by angelfallz(m): 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2022
How do you know?
Dramadiddy:
Who fame help when people like Korede is making nothing less than 100,000 USD in a year on royalties.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2022
Dramadiddy:
Who fame help when people like Korede is making nothing less than 100,000 USD in a year on royalties.
What is royalties?
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Hotty321(m): 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tolexander:
Shey portable na footballer ni? grin
Tolexander:
Shey portable na footballer ni?
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by angelfallz(m): 8:42pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tony Tetula shouldn't be on that list. Tony Tetula is not of this generation. He reigned in the late 90s
obembet:
Op the list no complete

Olu maintain
tony Tenula
9ice
Chinwe Ike.. Resonance
Africa China... After crisis.. nothing agai
Djinee.. this one sing ego... And end there.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by angelfallz(m): 8:45pm On Jun 16, 2022
Is this advice for Nigerian artists only?
meobizy:
At least his music took him outside our shores. Life don better for am exposure-wise.

I always advice people that music is not a sustainable career choice. The highest any aspiring musician will enjoy is four years of fame before falling off. At the very worst you become a one hit wonder who’ll find it difficult to replicate earlier success. Make the money possible and branch into something else.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by angelfallz(m): 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2022
Iyanyan nko?
jarx:
Put runtown on ur list. I don't really know what Happened to that niggar
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by angelfallz(m): 8:51pm On Jun 16, 2022
IMO Adekunle gold and Simi should concentrate on their family.
Patriotic9ja:

With hard work and vision, you can come back even stronger. Example is Adekunle Gold....
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Udemzy05: 8:55pm On Jun 16, 2022
Where is Burna boy?
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by angelfallz(m): 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
Music and even movie business are very funny. It is not even guaranteed that had blackface been the one to sing African Queen, that the song would have blown, shey you know.
nighter:

I agree. But tuface's fans keep yabbing blackface, calling him bitter. Nobody loved tuface more than I did back in the day when he was with plantashun boiz...but the moment he betrayed, I detached. I hate cheats and ingrates.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by paulolee(m): 8:58pm On Jun 16, 2022
Owopariola01:

Actually, that's life for you. Many senior prefects in secondary schools that year have ended up being an average civil servants today.

In football, many youngsters like Sinama Pongolle, Boja, Chrisantus, etc couldn't replicate their early success later in life.

Quaresma was better than Ronaldo during their early stage in Portugal, but what happened to them now is different.

Andre 3000, Scarface, LL Cool J, Redman, etc were the biggest hits in the early 90s, but where are they today in terms of music?
get ur points. bro...bt burner was more talented n deserved dt award more bk den..just dt our industry bin no quick accept e pattern bk den

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria / List Of All Radio Stations In Lagos / FREE 9ja Beats R&B Beats Hip Hop instrumentals For Your Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.