Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,396 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State (36933 Views)

Fubara Swears-in Dagogo as Attorney-General, to Probe Wike's 8 Years As Governor / 'Buhari Records More Achievements In South East Than PDP' – Lai Mohammed / Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by cameroncucumber(m): 9:00am On Jun 17, 2022
Sltp:
You're talking nonsense. Is this same delusion de grandeur that caused you losing the capital to Asaba. Aniomas boast of human capital more than any other places in Nigeria. Go and find out. They have natural resources as well. They have great men representing all over the world and there is never any government that comes without tens of Anioma person representing in the federal government. Asaba is the capital but Ibori and Uduaghan abandoned Asaba, a capital city and shifted all development to Urhoboland, not even Warr. Okowa even did a lot for Urhobo people. If I were him, I would pay them back with the same coin.

It's completely insensitive and sheer wickedness for the capital city to be abandoned over tribal reasons. Every state tries to develop their capital, but to Ibori and Uduaghan, that's not the case.
Honestly, I don't know how these guys from that side reason. They're just like Manchester United living in past glory. When Original Stereoman aka Sample Ekwe used his music to beg the Urhobos & Itsekiris to shield their sword, they refused, companies left them and relocated now they're complaining and blaming Delta North/Okowa. Ibori & Uduaghan abandoned Asaba, a whole state capital & concentrated on it's annex in Warri. One was even asking what is Delta North 's contribution, imagine the delusion. Their hatred for DN is something else
Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by mbeast(m): 9:00am On Jun 17, 2022
you said it all. Warri is crawling with keke and its disgusting and of course lets nt talk abt the yahoo.
Santdsaint:
Go and see what ebonyi state and akwa ibom states are doing in terms of infrastructure u will weep for delta state. Boys here survive with yahoo or keke riding. Warri city has been reduced to zero

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by mbeast(m): 9:05am On Jun 17, 2022
is 98 percent by deltans. which yeye aboki

Belleful:

U lied. It is mostly deltan's that ride this Keke's

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Fabulousfinite: 9:06am On Jun 17, 2022
Where you quiet?
Second richest state for where, were do you put Akwa ibom and Rivers State..... If you see the monthly Allocation of Delta State you will wept for the state, you can't compare Delta to Ebonyi talk less of Rivers state or the might Akwa ibom state[/quote]

Why should he keep quiet? Is he not saying the truth. The below statistics is for 2020.

If you have to weep is because PDP in Delta has mortgaged the state over the years

Characteristic Funds in billion Naira
Delta 186.8
Akwa Ibom. 146.3
Rivers 141.2
Bayelsa 116.4
Lagos 115.9
Kano 81.3
Kaduna 63.1
Katsina 61.4
Borno 60.1
Edo 58.4
Jigawa 56.4
Imo 55.7
Niger 54.6

In 2020, the Nigerian government allocated the highest disbursements to Delta, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa, and Lagos. Each of these states received over 100 billion Naira, with Delta reaching 187 billion Naira. The FAAC (Federal Account Allocation Committee) disbursements represent the funds given to states and regions.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1272969/government-funds-in-nigeria-by-state/#:~:text=In%202020%2C%20the%20Nigerian%20government,Delta%20reaching%20187%20billion%20Naira.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Onospolo2k4: 9:11am On Jun 17, 2022
[color=#990000][/color]
Isokiscool:
APC urchins..I live in delta state,I must confess Okowa has done very very well.No elephant projects without direct impact on d people..Kudos to him
Oga go sit down nah only you dey Delta state. We won try another leg for delta make PDP go relax so that we go try another party. Okowa never do anything for delta state. I also dey the state employment nah them go use us write exam and we no dey see the result all we dey hear politicians don hack jack the process

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Ignatio(m): 9:11am On Jun 17, 2022
Atiku is not serious about winning this election. Okowa is Osibanjo 1.0
Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Kingju: 9:12am On Jun 17, 2022
DoveXlover:
Sometimes i wonder if warri, ughelli, sapele, oghara and other non Igbo speaking cities are not part of Delta state.
Okowa totally ignored warri which is the heartbeat of delta State, without warri there will be no delta State.
Even sapele and ughelli are even more deltan than Asaba.
Okowa totally ignored those areas and his focus was only to his Igbo speaking communities.
Whatever the people from urhobo did to okowa, i don't understand because all urhobo speaking cities from sapele to warri (uvwie) to ughelli to abraka to ogarha and many more, cities that made delta State who she is Today. The people of the urhobo are the representative of delta State outside delta State and beyond, to Ghana to USA to Canada to Asia to Europe.
Ask 1000 deltans in Europe and Asia and America where they come from and 99.9% will say they are urhobos.
Okowa totally ignored urhobo speaking cities and all these cities totally dilapidated, streets lights stopped working, roads getting worst, warri became dirty.
Even without the urhobo people (ughelli) end SARS won't have started.
These people were the first to start the movement, the youths from ughelli north were the driving force behind end SARS.

Okowa has totally failed the urhobos in delta State and for that, We won't support Atiku.
Atiku should have gone for the governor of akwa ibom.

Urhobos are the problem of Delta state, most of them are very selfish and ungrateful. How many years have Urhobos been ruling Delta state? What was their avhievement? The former governors concentrated on urhobos area and left other parts, not to mention the stealing and corruption running in their blood. Okowa has done what no Urhobo governor has ever done. Call 1 Urhobo governor that has done better than Okowa. If not for Okowa, most parts of Delta state would still be without road. Una come dey blame am for the failure of your own people. Other governors were busy concentrating on Warri and environ, yet all they did was sub standard roads. If i was Okowa i won't hand over to any Urhobo man, I'll rather look for a credible person from Isoko than give an urhobo man any goverment position because they have proven they can't perform efficiently.
Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Kingju: 9:15am On Jun 17, 2022
Isokiscool:
APC urchins..I live in delta state,I must confess Okowa has done very very well.No elephant projects without direct impact on d people..Kudos to him
They'll never agree just because him refuse to lick urhobos yansh. Within 7 years, see as him transform Delta.
Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Sweetgirl16: 9:21am On Jun 17, 2022
Santdsaint:
Go and see what ebonyi state and akwa ibom states are doing in terms of infrastructure u will weep for delta state. Boys here survive with yahoo or keke riding. Warri city has been reduced to zero
I swear, since this man entered power I haven't seen anything he has done

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Kingju: 9:22am On Jun 17, 2022
cameroncucumber:

Honestly, I don't know how these guys from that side reason. They're just like Manchester United living in past glory. When Original Stereoman aka Sample Ekwe used his music to beg the Urhobos & Itsekiris to shield their sword, they refused, companies left them and relocated now they're complaining and blaming Delta North/Okowa. Ibori & Uduaghan abandoned Asaba, a whole state capital & concentrated on it's annex in Warri. One was even asking what is Delta North 's contribution, imagine the delusion. Their hatred for DN is something else
Very insensitive people
Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Elvixbeatz(m): 9:22am On Jun 17, 2022
Abeg which Delta u dey talk of
Isokiscool:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Kingju: 9:23am On Jun 17, 2022
Sweetgirl16:
I swear, since this man entered power I haven't seen anything he has done

No wahala, don't see it. We that have eyes, we dey see wetin him dey do
Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by gonkin(m): 9:28am On Jun 17, 2022
Kennedy97:

You guys should keep this narrative up

I have seen Massive road construction projects in delta north

I have seen serious rehabilitations done on infrastructure in delta north

We all know what delta governors from time past have been doing. Okowa has done same. Atleast there are roads in delta north now, we can go to agbor and see progress. You can easily drive from asaba to osisa without too many issues.

You mean carryover projects?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by tutudesz: 9:31am On Jun 17, 2022
sageb:

@Tutudesz come and see
What's your view about Okowa's performance?
Job Creation undecided maybe na Political Appointment be the job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by illuminutty: 9:33am On Jun 17, 2022
Isokiscool:
Keke u talk about are mostly done by aboki who reside in delta pls

You don't stay in Asaba... do you? I have not seen aboki keke rider in Asaba. Most of them are Deltans and people from neighboring states like Anambra and Imo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by MVLOX(m): 9:34am On Jun 17, 2022
SATANICALLY:
2. JOB CREATION SECTOR

Lies upon lies.... I was part of the YEP-ICT program.... In the end it left 90% percent of us in grieve and agony. We wished we never took part in it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by saintruky(m): 9:36am On Jun 17, 2022
Totilopussylick:
I watched it on AIT on daily bases

Was on ait he did those projects... No be for my delta state o... None of those things u watched on ait was broadcasted in d state owned tv station...

Okowayo na baba for propaganda....
Provided 100k+ jobs yet about 90% of men dey ride keke for d state... That's d only coy in d entire state... Women too have joined men in hustling wit keke... It's such a shame for a state wit highest FG allocation... Op didn't talk about all d late hour back to back borrowing... I no talk sha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Ekugbeh(m): 9:36am On Jun 17, 2022
grin grin grin
You mean prosperity for all Deltans did all these, wonderful grin

1 Like

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Xfemt(m): 9:37am On Jun 17, 2022
Isokiscool:
Abeg shout up

Watin em do for delta

I live and work in warri
Tell me what thing he has done and the area he has done it
Always using sentiment to judge
Suffer no de tire you

Every one knows okowa is the worst governor delta state has ever had

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Xfemt(m): 9:42am On Jun 17, 2022
DoveXlover:
Sometimes i wonder if warri, ughelli, sapele, oghara and other non Igbo speaking cities are not part of Delta state.
Okowa totally ignored warri which is the heartbeat of delta State, without warri there will be no delta State.
Okowa totally ignored those areas and his focus was only to his Igbo speaking communities.
Whatever the people from urhobo did to okowa, i don't understand because all urhobo speaking cities from sapele to warri (uvwie) to ughelli to abraka to ogarha and many more, cities that made delta State who she is Today. The people of the urhobo are the representative of delta State outside delta State and beyond, to Ghana to USA to Canada to Asia to Europe.
Ask 1000 deltans in Europe and Asia and America where they come from and 99.9% will say they are urhobos.
Okowa totally ignored urhobo speaking cities and all these cities totally dilapidated, streets lights stopped working, roads getting worst, warri became dirty.
These people were the first to start the movement, the youths from ughelli north were the driving force behind end SARS.

Okowa has totally failed the urhobos in delta State and for that, We won't support Atiku.
god bless you my brother

Udom would have been a better choice
Not only in urhobo
Even in his igbo speaking area he did nothing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Mandem05: 9:43am On Jun 17, 2022
sleek214:
Best option for Atiku. Wike was not just an option. Spent the better part of the primaries campaign abusing Atiku and some other PDP aspirants. He was just too arrogant and proud. No manifesto just shouting "Gimme the ticket, gimme power) not a presidential figure. He needs to learn how to talk and address people. If you were to be in Atiku's shoes, am very sure you won't pick Wike as a running mate besides Wike is not loved in the Muslim north.
Best option how kwa? Okowa has not performed a governor so he brings nothing to the table for Atiku so this ticket is dead on arrival!!! PDP will losethe presidential election of 2023.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Mandem05: 9:44am On Jun 17, 2022
Xfemt:
god bless you my brother

Udom would have been a better choice
Not only in urhobo
Even in his igbo speaking area he did nothing
Gbam, I am not a fan of Udom either but he would have been a better choice than Okowa.

3 Likes

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Satguru: 9:44am On Jun 17, 2022
Atiku has made A VERY BIG MISTAKE. For selecting Okowa, PDP results will choke Atiku.
Atiku should prepare for 2030 period.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by wasuka14(m): 9:49am On Jun 17, 2022
Isokiscool:
No health care in Asaba but he commission d new Asaba teaching hospital and emergency ambulance health service.Pls don't be blinded by party sentiments

It's only when u need to use the place then, u will really understand. Don't be fool by the picture. Go there for the service and come back here to comment.

2 Likes

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Octobertwentysix(f): 9:49am On Jun 17, 2022
drtwist:

Okowa did all this and didn't remember to pay pension money to primary school teachers that retired Since 2015. How did he expect them to survive? I don't want to join the political bashing group but you should advise your principal that pensioners are dying out of hunger. I know what my dad went through before he finally died last week.
When people labour for government they shouldn't be made to suffer.

Not only primary school, my Landlord is a retired principal and since his retirement three years ago no pension, no gratuity as I speak he is UBTH, he developed hbp after retirement and now has developed prostrate problems, if the health care sector is really good as the op said why is he seeking care at UBTH, also a lot of families I know travel to Benin when they have serious health challenges abeg Delta State is a shit hole under Okowa and PDP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Satguru: 9:51am On Jun 17, 2022
Okowa betrayed the biggest tribe in Delta
Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Apst: 10:00am On Jun 17, 2022
DoveXlover:

I don't understand how some people ibori was governor for 8 years beautified warri and environs you still want okowa to leave his people and focus on warri? So who will care for the delta Igbo's? I am from uvwiamughe in ughelli north. Bro wen its time for another urhobo governor as it is now let him focus on urhobos

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Octobertwentysix(f): 10:03am On Jun 17, 2022
Sammyblacky87:
Oga/madam, na u be lie lie here, my office is at pti road, for just my small sign board, UVWIE LGA say I must pay 20k, I don pay almost 50k for revenue and more are still coming, Ordinary extension wey u won do for ur office, deve go come met u

You Know lie, my office is at Agbarho, you will pay for sigh board, pay for community, pay for effluence(whatever that means), pay LGA dues, pay when you want to offload your goods, pay for security yet they will still break into your premises at night, they refused to give us prepaid meter but will pay 5k and above for light that you don't see, come and start building project in your own land you will pay community chiefs, pay youths, infact the thing tire person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by Athemisia: 10:07am On Jun 17, 2022
sleek214:
Best option for Atiku. Wike was not just an option. Spent the better part of the primaries campaign abusing Atiku and some other PDP aspirants. He was just too arrogant and proud. No manifesto just shouting "Gimme the ticket, gimme power) not a presidential figure. He needs to learn how to talk and address people. If you were to be in Atiku's shoes, am very sure you won't pick Wike as a running mate besides Wike is not loved in the Muslim north.
Atiku will lose in Delta. That's a fact. No Deltan like Okowa. Even Ibori whom brought him into power is regretting right now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State by emmyN(m): 10:08am On Jun 17, 2022
gonkin:

What part of delta are u referring to. The same delta....
I drove without valid papers for 6months without fear
Ur car can breakdown and u can fix without fear of thugs? Unlike lagos where BP fit hold u for steering.
The jobs are there but na community heads dey press am.
Cost of living is nothing compared to lagos
Borehole that there's 2 at my place of residence dug with comfort.

Delta isn't as developed as lagos but with 150k salary u will have savings.

And where do you expect to get the job that pays 150k salary? Is it by working in hotels or you want to drive keke? cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Moment Buhari Handed Baton Of Service To Tinubu (Video) / I'm In Governorship Race To Amend Where PDP Has Failed Abians — Orji (Video) / Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.