Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools (27767 Views)

MURIC To Tinubu: Ensure The Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools / Appeal Court Upholds APC Primaries In Zamfara, Asks INEC To Accept Candidates / Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by eldoradoxx: 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2022
I have absolutely no problem with Hijab in public secular schools, after all everyone has the right to dress in a manner that conforms to his or her religion. But let nobody dare extend this hijab madness to private and mission schools, that is where the crisis will erupt.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Honor10: 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2022
udele1:
Yoruba Muslims ti take over . cheesy

The fear of OWO attack is the beginning of Wisdom. grin cheesy

They will rather be forcefully converted, than vote an Igbo messiah. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

Emir of lagos coming soon.... grin grin

Tinubu to the caliphate: Is this judgement enough to make me president or should I ban Churches in lagos? grin grin

Igbo Justice onyeabor tried to save them, unfortunately they will rather become slaves than have an Igbo messiah. grin cheesy cheesy

Go and save your daddy and sister been killed and raped by ipob terrorist first.

Tinubu is Nigeria president in 2023. You can go and hang yourself.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Parachoko: 1:17pm On Jun 17, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

No they can't where it to a private school with regulations against such. They will simply be thrown out! grin
If such a student sue the school, she will win and the school will be ask to compensate and apologize to her.

But a lady who is wearing hijab have no business going to a Christian run school unless she won't be putting on her hijab.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 17, 2022
The judgement should also allow anybody from elegun, sango and other traditional worshippers family to wear their regalia to school so that equation will balance
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Odingo1: 1:19pm On Jun 17, 2022
Iliya1520:
I don't know why Christian are always against covering women's nude, if na going school without cloths I knw they will support it.
So rapping women like masquerade is covering you mean, backward archaic people.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2022
Finally, this issue is laid to rest. Hopefully innocent muslim girls will be allowed to exercise their right to dressing
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by bigpicture001: 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2022
excanny:

When you have an all-Muslim jury on the panel. What do you expect?

Yet they have Islamic private schools where they can freely wear hijab, but they are too broke to attend.

But the secular schools they can attend, they won’t allow us rest with hijab wearing.

The Christians should leave the hijab matter and start a case of Christian outfit wearing in public schools... Using equity ND fair play so if approved, the school uniform system for pupils and students will be eliminated nation wide...

This is what APC wants, to destroy Nigeria
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Ododoeye0020(m): 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2022
triple996:
Some people go wail today grin
They've started
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by rickyrex(m): 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
Pakute:

Look at these olodo. Supreme Court judgement is binding on all public schools in Nigeria.
you lied the was filed by lagos state and not nigeria. if supreme court uphold the ban of okada in lagos state siting obvious reasons will you now say it has ban in nigerian or such judgement affect nigerian
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Buikechukwu35(m): 1:27pm On Jun 17, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Soon, Lagos will be conquered
u understand they game plan
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Raalsalghul: 1:27pm On Jun 17, 2022
Gerrard59's prediction coming to pass.

Islamization agenda!
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by wirinet(m): 1:28pm On Jun 17, 2022
blingxx:

Yes on cultural day .. hijab is just a Vail to cover the head why are you so pained ?
I hope you will not complain too if a rastafarian boys wear the rasta cap to school.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Igbojew: 1:29pm On Jun 17, 2022
udele1:
Yoruba Muslims ti take over . cheesy

The fear of OWO attack is the beginning of Wisdom. grin cheesy

They will rather be forcefully converted, than vote an Igbo messiah. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

Emir of lagos coming soon.... grin grin

Tinubu to the caliphate: Is this judgement enough to make me president or should I ban Churches in lagos? grin grin

Igbo Justice onyeabor tried to save them, unfortunately they will rather become slaves than have an Igbo messiah. grin cheesy cheesy
Don't mind them.Since Yoruba Christians have decided to sit duck watching their Yoruba Muslims systematically trying to turn the whole South West a Muslim region Goodluck to them........I am that Igbojew
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by mamdanju: 1:31pm On Jun 17, 2022
For your information here are the justices of supreme court
Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad GCON
Mary Odili CFR
Olukayode Ariwoola
Musa Datijo Muhammad
Kudirat Kekere-Ekun
Chima Centus Nweze
Amina Augie
Ejembi Eko
Uwani Musa Abba Aji
John Inyang Okoro
Lawal Garba
Helen M. Ogunwumiju
Addu Aboki
I.M. M. Saulawa
Adamu Jauro
Samuel C. Oseji
Tijjani Abubakar
Emmanuel A. Agim
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by merits(m): 1:32pm On Jun 17, 2022

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by ganye1: 1:32pm On Jun 17, 2022
Who cares? I don't know what is Christians' problem with Muslims wearing hijab? Do we ask you to wear hijab or do we stop you from wearing whatever your religion prescribes for you?
Live and let others live.
Christistruth00:

This Judgement also means that Christians are also free to wear Crucifix Neclaces to School
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by wirinet(m): 1:34pm On Jun 17, 2022
mamdanju:
For your information here are the justices of supreme court
Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad GCON
Mary Odili CFR
Olukayode Ariwoola
Musa Datijo Muhammad
Kudirat Kekere-Ekun
Chima Centus Nweze
Amina Augie
Ejembi Eko
Uwani Musa Abba Aji
John Inyang Okoro
Lawal Garba
Helen M. Ogunwumiju
Addu Aboki
I.M. M. Saulawa
Adamu Jauro
Samuel C. Oseji
Tijjani Abubakar
Emmanuel A. Agim

Which among them are the 7 that sat in this judgement and their religion?
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by pmc01(m): 1:36pm On Jun 17, 2022
Christistruth00:

This Judgement also means that Christians are also free to wear Crucifix Neclaces to School

Have Catholics not been wearing that already?

Many of you are just insensitive
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Opolopoopolonio: 1:36pm On Jun 17, 2022
Parachoko:
If such a student sue the school, she will win and the school will be ask to compensate and apologize to her.

But a lady who is wearing hijab have no business going to a Christian run school unless she won't be putting on her hijab.

Before you given admission into such a school, you will be handed a handbook containing their rules and regulations which you must be ready to abide by.

In fact, in some cases, you will have to sign an undertaking to be ready to obey all their rules.

You can't come to a place and dictate to them. You either shape in or get out. angry
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by pmc01(m): 1:38pm On Jun 17, 2022
WatchYourSix:

They want to introduce cancer they cant control....if they are goimg to let hijab ...they should cancel the uniform system of dressing so that everyone can dress how they want.

U cant maintain uniform dressing and now say muslim only should be allowed alter the uniform style how they want.....

we keep having muslim biased judgement since buhari came to power...we need to vote wisely come 2023

How is the Hijab on the head different from the beret some schools include in their dress mode?
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by pmc01(m): 1:39pm On Jun 17, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

Before you given admission into such a school, you will be handed a handbook containing their rules and regulations which you must be ready to abide by.

In fact, in some cases, you will have to sign an undertaking to be ready to obey all their rules.

You can't come to a place and dictate to them. You either shape in or get out. angry

How is the Hijab on the head different from the beret some schools include in their dress mode?

How is a government school a Christian school?
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by pmc01(m): 1:39pm On Jun 17, 2022
Thanksful:
Then, no need for uniform. Anyone should be able to wear anything to school.

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by JoshuaSG: 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2022
We await the decision for Osun state, Kwara state, and Ibadan UI international School.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by ArewaNorth: 1:42pm On Jun 17, 2022
WatchYourSix:

They want to introduce cancer they cant control....if they are goimg to let hijab ...they should cancel the uniform system of dressing so that everyone can dress how they want.

U cant maintain uniform dressing and now say muslim only should be allowed alter the uniform style how they want.....

we keep having muslim biased judgement since buhari came to power...we need to vote wisely come 2023

You ppl are extremely intolerance. Who stop u from the nude and half naked system u borrowed from the whites?
Muslims are decent and Hijab is an Islamic injunction which should be protected under Nigerian constitution. Almost all system we follow/practice in Nigeria is handed over to us by those who enslaved u and made u prey and mentally inferior people who prefer to walk naked than upholding decency!
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by blingxx(m): 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2022
wirinet:

I hope you will not complain too if a rastafarian boys wear the rasta cap to school.

Do we have Rastafarians in Nigeria ? undecided
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Buffalo2(m): 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2022
Beremx:
Muslim Students in public schools in Lagos have been wearing hijab for years. The court ruling is useless. Meanwhile it should also be restricted to public schools because private schools will move against any plan to enforce it.
Normal. Private owner decides what happens in his/her school. You can't go to C. U and refuse to attend Chapel services.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Elbinawi: 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2022
This is a welcome development. This judgement is applicable to the whole country. It is very unfortunate that in this 21st century people blinded by Islamophobia are still fighting against the Hijab. This same people will never graphically depict the chaste and blessed Mary (as), Mother of Jesus (as), without the hijab.

In Christian Scotland a Muslim woman police officer has the right to wear the hijab. The same with New Zealand.

Not allowing female school children to wear the hijab is a vestige of evil colonialism of the Western hegemonic barbarians. Who judged that we must continue with the traditions of these White supremacists who invaded our country, mass murdered our ancestors just to plunder our rich resources?

Congratulations � to Nigerians!

#ElbinawiTweets

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Oyecool: 1:46pm On Jun 17, 2022
[Why do you expect us to anything other than Islamic look, we the Mislims respect our Creator Allah's injunctions/decree, and the scripture (AlQuran) ordered it usage by Muslim Female.
quote author=blazingblender post=113884848]This their hijab
Is not necessary na
They should look same way all other students look ....
[/quote]
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Advocate500: 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2022
Parachoko:
The judgement is for every school in Nigeria.
this is an ijaw man with a deep sense of religious fanaticism. Make una try to be proud of una region small.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by pmc01(m): 1:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
pongwa:
na so e dey start, very soon them go move to establish mosque inside school etc. It's a sensitive issue that shouldn't be encouraged or better still moderated in a secular state. Make we no divide common school into Muslim and the infidels. It promotes disunity. Schools should be uniform without any segregation induced by religion. I don talk my own if you like abuse me I no go answer you. These segregation shouldn't be practised down south. We are more Yoruba than religious

I guess you will then ask they don't use their Muslim/Christian names in register. There's nothing wrong with having an identity and standing out with it.

It changes nothing. Or you want the UN to create a universal Lingua, just so they don't have people speaking in their native languages at the various gatherings. Does that make the nations less "United"?
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Potch: 1:50pm On Jun 17, 2022
Christistruth00:

If you like, carry the whole cross on your head, it is your headache.

In advanced democracies, Muslim students are allowed to put on a head scarf.

I am beginning to believe that some of the religious crisis are triggered by your likes.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Aremynart: 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2022
Alhamdulillah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Timi Frank Reveals 'How Oshiomhole Collected $50m From APC Aspirants' / Buhari Hopes To Retire To His Cattle Farm In 2023 / What Is The Meaning Of 'ruga'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.