Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools (27774 Views)

MURIC To Tinubu: Ensure The Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools / Appeal Court Upholds APC Primaries In Zamfara, Asks INEC To Accept Candidates / Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by pmc01(m): 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Its not part of the uniform system of nigeria....its a religious tradition.. why force it school owners...i dont understand how u will want to go to someone school a d dictate to them what you want...

Beret and hijab is the same??
Ansser tgat question yourself....if they are the same, why cant your children just use the beret that is already part of the system...?? Why do u need the hijab by force

Oh my! Seems you still don't get it.

Some ladies wear earring, some don't wear.

Same in this instance, some girls wish to have their hair covered, some don't want to. Wearing a Hijab shouldn't be a problem to those who don't wear.

How's there a problem here?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Abubaushe(m): 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hijab is worn in all developed countries i.e USA,UK ,FRANCE,GERMANY,e.t.c
Its time this country get over this hijab brouhaha and move on.
Be informed!!!
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by RepoMan007: 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2022
ejimatic:
. This judgement is not an attempt to Islamize Lagos State. It only states that a Muslim student in a public school can use Ijab to school. It is part of her worship to God. Government allows everbody to dress according to his or her faith. A Christian who uses. Cross as part of his dressing can wear it to school too. However a private Christian school is for Only christian dressings while a private Muslim school is for only Muslim dressing .
Stop talking trash. A uniform is a dress code that's uniform and affordable. The purpose of uniform is to ensure a level playing field cost wise and social wise. You guys have succeeded in bringing your stupid interpretation of an error laden book to the public and labelled the selfish interpretation your right.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by jeremiah0817(m): 3:15pm On Jun 17, 2022
Why not for Muslim schools alone
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Parachoko: 3:17pm On Jun 17, 2022
Advocate500:
this is an ijaw man with a deep sense of religious fanaticism. Make una try to be proud of una region small.
You mumu abeg
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Tzar(m): 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2022
What do you expect from a supreme court led by a sharia court judge. Nigeria is doomed!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by ejimatic: 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2022
RepoMan007:

Stop talking trash. A uniform is a dress code that's uniform and affordable. The purpose of uniform is to ensure a level playing field cost wise and social wise. You guys have succeeded in bringing your stupid interpretation of an error laden book to the public and labelled the selfish interpretation your right.

. It may interest you to note that I am a Christian. Government opens door to every religion and it's tenets. The interpretation of the judgement is If I am a Muslim, my child can use Hjab to a public school .Also if i am a Christian my child can use a cross or rosary as part of his dressing to school. Each private school determies what it wants in the school.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by MUTEAU(m): 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2022
Alhamdulillah oooo Hijab is our pride ...
Who's afraid of Hijab? o ya tell mi ..hmmm
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Baycard55(m): 3:26pm On Jun 17, 2022
Abeg, how hijab wearing for willing Muslim students in a public school take be problem

Hypocrisy grin grin

Where's our right to any religious beliefs, public school for that matter una still dey feel insecure, so bad.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Advocate500: 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2022
Parachoko:
You mumu abeg
yorubaman be proud of your tribe.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by maasoap(m): 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2022
blazingblender:
This their hijab
Is not necessary na
They should look same way all other students look ....

This judgment means the time to hang yourself is now. grin grin grin Enemy of peace, enemy of freedom!
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by wirinet(m): 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2022
compton11:
nigga how are we obsessed with your drunk ass and pig eating ass?

If u like dress naked to your daylight club called church,it ain't any body business!

There must be something in Islam that makes believers angry, intolerant and outrightly violent.

Why the anger, why the insult? Whats your business if I eat pig or drink kai kai? Did I use your mouth?

I can dress whichever way I like, that's non of your business also. Afterall your ancestors walked around bare chested before the Arabs and Europeans enslaved them.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by maasoap(m): 3:31pm On Jun 17, 2022
wirinet:

There must be something in Islam that makes believers angry, intolerant and outrightly violent.

Why the anger, why the insult? Whats your business if I eat pig or drink kai kai? Did I use your mouth?

I can dress whichever way I like, that's non of your business also. Afterall your ancestors walked around bare chested before the Arabs and Europeans enslaved them.

He told you that what you wear is not his problem or headache. That if you like, go out naked. But you are saying he's angry because something in Islam makes him feel like that! Shocking!
Why should you be concerned about a girl covering her head unless it makes you angry? The angry one here is you.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by wirinet(m): 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2022
HilcomTech:

Ignorance is not an excuse before the law. To be for warned is to be for armed.

Finally, you Christians should learn to tolerate and live in peace with others.

We Christians? You should advice your fellow Muslims to be more tolerant of other people's beliefs and way of life. I have never heard of Christians burn someone alive for insulting it's prophets, I have not seen Christians screaming "Jesus is lord" while beheading a person. I have never seen Christians abducting young girls and raping them in the name of God.

Islam's is the most violent religion in modern times.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by AFRICANJAMAICA: 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2022
triple996:
Some people go wail today grin
In 3..2...1...…

Stupid people full this forum.
Who e concern say dey use hijab
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by maasoap(m): 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2022
bigpicture001:
Lagos is officially a Muslim state...

No, Nigerian Court only affirmed the Muslim girls right to wear hijabs on their own heads. The court only stopped persecution by the overzealous Christians who naturally hate seeing Muslim girls wearing hijabs.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by maasoap(m): 3:37pm On Jun 17, 2022
mystery22:
What are the nuisance trying to turn lagos to..
This people have a dangerous plan for the south west,now imagine when the criminal party finally wins on Muslim/Muslim ticket, fulani rule in Yoruba land will be solidify with the help of another afonja in tinubu

Wailing on top say court just returned some little girls' right which agents of oppression denied them. Chai!
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Fearyourcreator: 3:38pm On Jun 17, 2022
compton11:
hehehe shut your ass up, Christian ain't bringing shi.t grin grin

Plus the white Christians that brought education to y'all are now leaving your fake Christianity cheesy grin
I should shut up... Cus you wan talk ... It is well on this faceless forum... It is well..
Continue true muslim with original religion
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by compton11(m): 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2022
wirinet:

that is why I don't give a fvck about what u eat,if u like,eat a whole human

wirinet:

nigga my Yoruba ancestors never dress naked punk.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by compton11(m): 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

I should shut up... Cus you wan talk ... It is well on this faceless forum... It is well
and if not no?

What u going do?
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by NoToPile: 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2022
Lagos Govt school student have been wearing their hijab.

It's for public schools shikena.

Where the issue will arise is if they say private and mission schools. Most private schools would have given you their handbook on what is accepted or not anyway.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Ikemba007: 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
Christistruth00:

This Judgement also means that Christians are also free to wear Crucifix Neclaces to School

In fact, they can also carry big wooden cross on their shoulders.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Immunity1555: 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
No need for uniforms just wear anything to school,only in Government schools.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by ArewaNorth: 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Intolerant??
You are funny...
So children are dressing naked to school...
Is that why you need hijab....??

Ur problem is that u like dominating and controlling....there's a reason for uniform in the educational system....its for uniformity among the pupils...but i guess u muslim dont understand that....

Set up your school and use waterva u like.

..no..but u want to force your islamic doctrine on christain school owners and you are still crying about tollerance?? Please you are being irritating with that statement ...

Are those who gave us the uniform not Christians who did it in Christian way?
From the constitution to National Anthem, to songs sing as an anthem of some FG institutions, the official dressing use in banks, the gowns we wear in schools and the gown we wear as judges and barristers, the weekends and many more are Christians lifestyle but we never agitated while u are here crying for just Muslims asking to excercise their religious injunction.
The issue of Hijab saga is equivalent to stopping Christians from wearing skimpy clothes which I know u can't drop because of ur obsession to Western culture and indoctrines.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by wirinet(m): 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2022
maasoap:

He told you that what you wear is not his problem or headache. That if you like, go out naked. But you are saying he's angry because something in Islam makes him feel like that! Shocking!
Why should you be concerned about a girl covering her head unless it makes you angry? The angry one here is you.

It goes beyond a young girl covering her head. Its all about imposing your religion on everyone else with threats of violence. You guys want to dictate how others dress, dress, eat, drink and have sex.

Religion is supposed to be a personal affair between you and your God, but no, you guys must impose your beliefs on others.

Nigeria is meant to be a secular nation, where Muslims, Christians, traditionalists, Satanists and atheists are meant to live without fear or favour. But what do you guys do? Use violence and threats to impose your Islamic laws and religion on non Muslims.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Fearyourcreator: 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2022
compton11:
and if not no?

What u going do?
Lolzzzxx....
Aggressive people ... See as you dey fight yourself
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by maasoap(m): 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2022
wirinet:

It goes beyond a young girl covering her head. Its all about imposing your religion on everyone else with threats of violence. You guys want to dictate how others dress, dress, eat, drink and have sex.

Religion is supposed to be a personal affair between you and your God, but no, you guys must impose your beliefs on others.

Nigeria is meant to be a secular nation, where Muslims, Christians, traditionalists, Satanists and atheists are meant to live without fear or favour. But what do you guys do? Use violence and threats to impose your Islamic laws and religion on non Muslims.

I guess USA and UK that allow Muslim girls to wear hijabs are not secular nations?
How is a small girl covering her head putting fear in you? Christian girl wears a beret while a Muslim girl wear hijab, which one is a favour?

You guys would be persecuting Muslims and still be crying to the world!
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by compton11(m): 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Lolzzzxx....
Aggressive people ... See as you dey fight yourself
no be u wan beat me if not for faceless forum? grin grin
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by RepoMan007: 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2022
ejimatic:
. It may interest you to note that I am a Christian. Government opens door to every religion and it's tenets. The interpretation of the judgement is If I am a Muslim, my child can use Hjab to a public school .Also if i am a Christian my child can use a cross or rosary as part of his dressing to school. Each private school determies what it wants in the school.
uniform is a uniform piece of dressing code. End of discussion.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by wirinet(m): 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2022
compton11:
that is why I don't give a fvck about what u eat,if u like,eat a whole human

nigga my Yoruba ancestors never dress naked punk.

When the Europeans were hunting your ancestors like animals in the forest what were they wearing?

See pictures of your Yoruba ancestors being led away to slave ports like badagry.

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by wirinet(m): 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
maasoap:

I guess USA and UK that allow Muslim girls to wear hijabs are not secular nations?
How is a small girl covering her head putting fear in you? Christian girl wears a beret while a Muslim girl wear hijab, which one is a favour?

You guys would be persecuting Muslims and still be crying to the world!

Irony of the millennia. Persecuting Muslims? You guys love speaking in irony. It's Muslims that persecute and kill others in Muslim dominated places.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by ogwumgbe: 4:07pm On Jun 17, 2022
WatchYourSix:

They want to introduce cancer they cant control....if they are goimg to let hijab ...they should cancel the uniform system of dressing so that everyone can dress how they want.

U cant maintain uniform dressing and now say muslim only should be allowed alter the uniform style how they want.....

we keep having muslim biased judgement since buhari came to power...we need to vote wisely come 2023

There's freedom of religion bro, you can't maltreat them just because they are not from your religion; They have got dress code and the Schools have no option but to allow them dress decently as they always do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aishatu ‘yan Guru Nahuce: Pilgrim Returned Missing $80,000, Honoured In Zamfara / Seun Fakorede: Oyo PDP Daucus Calls For Nullification Of Commissioner Nominee / Armed Men Break Into Nigerian High Commission In Ghana, Demolish Apartments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.