Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,833 members, 7,956,151 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:47 AM

43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year (3515 Views)

34,000 Ghost Workers: Syndicate Uncovered / FG Tracking Additional 11,000 Ghost Workers — Adeosun / 'FG To Handover 23,000 Ghost Workers And Banks To Efcc'-finance Minister,adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by edoyad(m): 7:31am On Jul 22, 2011
Former Finance Minister, Mr.
Olusegun Aganga, said at the
weekend that the Federal
Government had removed a
total of 43,000 "ghost
workers" from the payroll of its ministries, departments
and agencies (MDAs) within
the last one year. Aganga, who spoke with
journalists in Lagos shortly
after receiving the Young
Men's Christian Association
(YMCA) award for exemplary
public office life, said this was achieved through the
implementation of the
Integrated Personnel and
Payroll Information System
(IPPIS). He said the payroll of the Federal Government before
IPPIS implementation had
been 112,000 for the 36 MDAs. Aganga pointed out that the
implementation of IPPIS was
part of the efforts to reduce
recurrent expenditure of the
government. "As part of the Federal
Government's effort to reduce
the level of recurrent
expenditure, in particular,
personnel cost, which
represents more than 50 per cent of recurrent expenditure,
we have deepened what we
called the IPPIS system. IPPIS
system, which is biometric, is
a system where the data of
every employee of government has to be
captured and your payment is
made directly into your bank
account. The nominal payroll
of the Federal Government
was supposed to be 112,000 employees. Based on what we
did through the IPPIS, we
were able to remove 43,000
from the payroll. This will lead
to significant savings for the
Federal Government," he said. The former finance minister
said the government had to
trim its personnel cost, which
formed a major part of the
unnecessary costs distorting
the country's expenditure pattern. Personnel cost increased, he
disclosed, from N850 billion to
N1.3 trillion between 2009 and
2010. . . . . . .

allafrica.com/stories/201107121269.html
This was just in the 1st of 3 phases.
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by logica(m): 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2011
OK, I read this all the time and I wonder how many people have so far been prosecuted for FRAUD. Or is it just to remove dummy records? Who put them there and who had been benefiting from them?
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by SUV(f): 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2011
OK, I read this all the time and I wonder how many people have so far been prosecuted for FRAUD. Or is it just to remove dummy records? Who put them there and who had been benefiting from them?

good question!

moreso, hw has that benefited the poor masses suffering? if u remove them, the politicians will have enough to steal.
i weep for this country!
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by BigMeat2: 12:22pm On Jul 22, 2011
The time has come when heads should start to roll - I mean literally like the Chinese always do. From the Ministers, Perm Sec, Directors, all the way down, proper investigation should be carried out.

This sort of frauds are been uncovered daily and it's beggars believe that nothing has been done to prosecute lots of people.
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by sayso: 12:40pm On Jul 22, 2011
So start employing the unemployed.
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by Acutex: 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2011
Hmmm, Ghost workers Did they work in cemetries naija!!! Pesin go collect salary for im great grand nephew uncle cousin sister mother's aunty, grin
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by Nymphnode(m): 1:09pm On Jul 22, 2011
sayso:
Good point
So start employing the unemployed.
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:22pm On Jul 22, 2011
WE ARE EXPLAINING OF UNEMPLOYMENT, YET SOME .S HAS MIND TO KEEP OFFICES BLANK AND COLLECT THE SALARIES FOR HIS/HER OWN SELFISH INTEREST, WICKED PEOPLE  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by hassymo5(m): 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2011
As simple, replace the 43,000 ghosh workers wit 43,000 unemployed youths, becos they money was been collected by some individual who created the ghost workers.
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2011
then who has been collecting the salaries? We are not interested in hearing that ghost workers were detected. We want to know what has been done to those that registered such workers and has been collecting the salaries alloted to them.

more reason why government needs to review its employee structure. Too much unnecesary space to give appointments/jobs usually ends up in the presence of ghost workers.
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by atasteve: 2:15pm On Jul 22, 2011
I wonder how people can steal and expect to enjoy the loot
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by zikclassiq(m): 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2011
Too bad huh! Meaning more jobs for graduates!
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by MrCork17: 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2011
huh. they have ghost in Nigeria? undecided
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by edoyad(m): 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2011
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

then who has been collecting the salaries? We are not interested in hearing that ghost workers were detected. We want to know what has been done to those that registered such workers and has been collecting the salaries alloted to them.

logica:

That's simple question, who're the people responsible ? If lever brothers or mtn discover they have ghost workers, surely they'll know who to hang. So who will hang over this ?his ?
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2011
^^^ Nobody is responsible, the ministry bosses will blame poor technology adoption and education of staff, FG will blame distortion of data coming from HR in the ministries, Nigerians will simply open their mouths and close them back without saying nothing. It is an all too familiar situation since the late 70s "Ghost Workers"

If the N18,000 Minimum wage is disbursed it will cost FG Seven hundred and Seventy-Four million per month to pay these Ghost workers and believe me some people are cleaning out in all these incompetent and valueless government agencies
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by agitator: 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2011
almost all federal and most state salaries are paid through banks

and some people will tell you on nairaland how their parents worked hard to send them abroad for better education.
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by Greenpro: 5:40pm On Jul 22, 2011
They won't go for strike because of this. Our country Civil servants are lazy and corrupt.
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by awuf2008: 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2011
Who are the brain behind this criminal/economic sabotage? How many people have been prosecuted? If No, then it is just a normal news we hear everyday on our Television or Radio. Civil service and Politics are the places were Nigerian Money/Wealth are been stolen with impunity. I pity this country ooooooooooooooooooooo. Suffering and smiling will continue unabated until Jesus Christ return.
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by graluxxy054(f): 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2011
Abeg. Make space 4 my elder brother o.
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by hackney(m): 7:03pm On Jul 22, 2011
The government itself is a ghost so they should sack themselves.
they all can also jump from that deadly mile 2 bridge.
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by edoyad(m): 7:08pm On Jul 22, 2011
agitator:

almost all federal and most state salaries are paid through banks

and some people will tell you on nairaland how their parents worked hard to send them abroad for better education.
dude that's just unfair, some parents actually worked hard to do it.
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by BabaH1: 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2011
good work by mr olusegun aganga, this is what we expect our so called state governors to do instead of sitting in one place crying  cry over there inability to pay the minimun wage.  most of states have a very high number of these so called ghost workers in there payroll, people are paid salaries for doing nothing. i salute the courage of governor adams oshomole, this man takes his time to visit schools in edo state so that teachers are made to do their jobs and things have really improving in that state. most of these governors use there positions to add the names of there brothers, sister, uncles, aunties, and even political thugs to government payroll and yet they tell us that they can't pay minimum wage
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by selingel: 8:14pm On Jul 22, 2011
Since people cant be prosecuted, and equally be killed (for corruption), then they should employ people to replace these ghosts, that have been sent back to their graves!,
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by sweetguy10(m): 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2011
Na today dem just dey discover ghost workers ? It's in all ministry even in the sport ministry , U go see allowance for ghost fans and footballers , all Nigerians know these phenomenon thiefnomenon .GEJ should tackle the Boko Haram crisis first , this way he'll win the heart of the entire Nigerians in diaspora and at home .

Off topic : but why does that DIASPORA word sounds like someone that is lost and confused in the middle of nowhere ?
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by Sike(m): 8:59pm On Jul 22, 2011
hackney:

The government itself is a ghost so they should sack themselves.
they all can also jump from that deadly mile 2 bridge.
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2011
There is a report like this one out each year -- has been since the yar adua days. When we go hear better?
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by munaco: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2011
if u discover 43,000 ghost worker, how many did u replace0? i no see any advert instead na the one way i go take money buy.
Re: 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By Fg In One Year by kinguwem: 5:09pm On Jul 23, 2011
Revealing ghost workers without disclosing the perpetrators of the act nor prosecuting culprits is negligence of duty on the part of the supervising minister.
Immediate employment to replace the ghost workers is necessary to convince the public that the claims of Aganga is correct.

(1) (Reply)

Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty / Mammoth Crowd At Aregbesola Re-election Campaign (photo News) / What My Uncle Told Me About The Missing $9.3million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.