Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,300 members, 7,850,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:44 PM

Ikere-ekiti Voters Decry Non Inclusion Of Stamp Pads In Election Materials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikere-ekiti Voters Decry Non Inclusion Of Stamp Pads In Election Materials (127 Views)

We Suspended $22.7b Loan Because Of Non-Inclusion Of South East - Gbajabiamila / Disabled Nigerians Protest At The Entrance Of NNPC For Non Inclusion Of Members / Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikere-ekiti Voters Decry Non Inclusion Of Stamp Pads In Election Materials by originalmining: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2022
Some electorate in Ikere-Ekiti area has decried the noninclusion of stamp pads in the election materials supplied to the town, alleging that the process has been compromised.

They expressed their displeasure in separate interviews with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in the town.

One of them, an 85-year-old woman, Caroline Elizabeth, vowed to wait until the stamp pad was produced, saying that she could not afford to be disenfranchised.

“This is my civic responsibility and that am still alive to witness this, I must cast my vote.

“This is another dimension in my 85 years in life; I have voted more than 12 times and never witnessed this situation.

NAN reports that as of 10:15 a.m, at Ugele Arokun Ward 3 Unit 6 in Ikere-Ekiti, where the ADC candidate was expected to vote, ballot stamp pads were missing in the voting materials dispatched to the polling unit.

A Presiding Officer, Mr Festus More, said that all the items were completed when he checked through, but could not explain how the stamps were removed.

“I was set for the voting as all the necessary preparation and protocols have been done. In fact, I have given out a ballot paper to the first voter, only to discover that the stamps were missing,” More said.

He, however, assured the electorate that the arrangement had been to get another stamp so that voting could commence in earnest.
Re: Ikere-ekiti Voters Decry Non Inclusion Of Stamp Pads In Election Materials by triple996(m): 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2022
Nawaooo
Re: Ikere-ekiti Voters Decry Non Inclusion Of Stamp Pads In Election Materials by Jostoman: 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2022
Them wan start their abracadabra.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths Vs Foreign Immigrant Voters / Nigerians Are Looking For Alternatives- Governor Obaseki / cancelled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.