Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out (43337 Views)

2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? / Mr.jollof To Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, I Want Bet You Say AGBO Dey Cure COVID-19 / Litmus Test: Will Delta State House Of Assembly Lick Vomit And Swallow Okowa’s I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Noneroone(m): 7:39pm On Jun 18, 2022
Vice presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Ifeanyi Okowa has dismissed criticisms that does not represent the South Eastern geo-political extraction of Nigeria.

Okowa, while speaking in an interview with Arise News on the The Morning Show, said he does not only represent the South-East, but also represents the South-South regions of the country.

The Delta State governor, who has been described by the PDP presidential candidate, Abubakar Atiku as a bridge between the South and North, stated that he has a root in the South-East and the South-South.
Ekiti election

Okowa said, “For me, yes I’m from Delta State. I’m definitely an Igbo man. There’s no doubt about that. I’m from Delta State in the South-South, but if you’re looking at the Igbos across the country, I’m an Igbo man, I can’t be counted out and that is the true situation.”

“The issue of the vice presidency has not been on the debate where it will go to is actually premised on the fact that when the presidential candidate emerges he looks for what possible zone and what person can work with me and what can be part of the team that can make us actually succeed in governing the people aright. I think that is what informed the decision,” he said.

“I am just a lucky person. Being from the South-South I am also an Igbo man and to that extent, I fit into all the divides, because my brother from the South-East, I’m part of them. I am also part of the South-South, but that does not stop the agitation for the future as it stands for the Igbo for the presidency of this country,” he added.

He described Atiku’s emergence as the presidential candidate of the PDP as a good sign for the future of the South-East region.

“There are two geo-political zones that feel shortchanged; The North-East (where Atiku is from) and the South-East geo-political zone, because none of them, no son from these zones have actually been president of this nation. They obviously have a point and I believe that we sympathize with them.

“And I believe also that since one of us has emerged from the North-East at this point in time, it’s a good sign for the future, that if the North East has the opportunity and by God’s grace Atiku becomes the president, then it’s a good sign that the South-East will have the opportunity.

“Because the next point in time what we will be talking about is that the South-East itself is the only zone that is left and they will lay claim to it,” he said.

Okowa, who noted that the unity of the country is the most important, said the priority should be given to building the nation and moving the country forward.

He described the selection process of the party’s presidential and vice presidential candidates as a good step in the right direction.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/im-an-igbo-man-cant-be-counted-out-says-okowa/

52 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Ooni: 7:40pm On Jun 18, 2022
cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Armaggedon: 7:41pm On Jun 18, 2022
The barking slowpoke from obio akpor should now learn while licking his wounds from the sidelines.
No politician from the south south or Governor from Rivers state got the amount of free goodwill like wike got from the SE Igbos. He squandered it but also felt the people were cheap. look where he landed hmself.

165 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by yinkus6750(m): 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2022
The Ifeanyi in you is from South East.
The Okowa is from South South.
The two together is from nowhere. Thats why you vice to a Northerner
Welldone sir

202 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Fidinno(m): 7:43pm On Jun 18, 2022
Let this Man forget this rubbish talk

137 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Biafrannuke: 7:43pm On Jun 18, 2022
Funny people

21 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Totilopussylick(m): 7:48pm On Jun 18, 2022
Until Nigerians begins to see each other as a Nigeria and not minding What tribe he or she is from.

The issues of divided will always remain something to debate on .

196 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Ghester: 7:49pm On Jun 18, 2022
Whereas in Wikipedia. He is an Ika from Owa-Alero in Delta State

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Jman06(m): 7:51pm On Jun 18, 2022
There's no doubt about that, sir. Only haters and mischief makers say otherwise.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Ofodirinwa: 7:56pm On Jun 18, 2022
Election season and everyone is Igbo

275 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Babaken(m): 7:59pm On Jun 18, 2022
Nobody is asking you where you are from just be OBIDIENT where ever you are or from.

266 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Legendforte: 9:03pm On Jun 18, 2022
Sa'a on your political journey. Hope u will always remain commited to the paramount challenges of the igbo nation. Thanks.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Tifesingz: 9:53pm On Jun 18, 2022
I’ve never seen more confused tribe than these Igbo people... later they’ll say they are counting them out.

Even Obi that’s gaining momentum now, you guys can’t even support, now tell me how other people want to take you seriously.

28 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by nonut: 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2022
Ole, who dash you? Always claiming Igbo when it's convenient for them.

130 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Ykc2(m): 9:55pm On Jun 18, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Until Nigerians begins to see each other as a Nigeria and not minding What tribe he or she is from.

don't say Nigerians say northerners

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by franchasofficia: 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2022
Lol

Dear Okowa, everybody knows you are Igbo, only the fools think otherwise because of crude oil, but the issue is, Igbos won't vote for you and Atiku just because Atiku chose you an Igbo man as VP. Igbos don't play tribal politics like Yorubas and maybe Hausa-Fulanis.

In 2003, Ikemba Ojukwu the face of Biafra contested for President against Obasanjo, Igbos didn't vote for Ikemba, they rather voted massively for Obasanjo a Yoruba man.

Also in the same 2003, Buhari picked Chuba Okadigbo an eminent Igbo son as VP and Igbos rejected them also and instead voted for Obasanjo a Yoruba man.

Igbos supported Atiku/Obi in 2019 because Igbos believed in Obi and also saw Atiku as a detribalised man who is not a religious bigot like Buhari, not just because Atiku picked Obi as VP.

Igbo youths are queuing behind Peter Obi now not because Obi is Igbo but because they see quality, a high level of honesty and accountability in Peter Obi more than others. Only Prof Yemi Osinbajo could have divided Igbo votes with Peter Obi in 2023 but unfortunately APC chose the wrong person to fly their ticket.

333 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by swissgoldenpro3: 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2022
I agree with you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by CHANNELStv2020: 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2022
Smart Man,u see why wike no wise!! He think say na obio akpor ikweere thing,on a national level u must align with a major tribe,Nigerian politics for u.

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by paradigmshift(m): 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2022
Useless man... Useless governor

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Biw84: 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2022
undecided
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by spafu(m): 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2022
Please vote Peter Obi. Nigerian youth say no to APC and PDP

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Lightorder: 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2022
Totilopussylick:

really? When it is time to beg , we suddenly became one . WHY IS AN IGBOMAN NOT QUALIFIED TO BECOME THE PRESIDENT LIKE OTHERS ? It got to them and it became an open contest. Mr governor, go and sit down. He didn’t make sense

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Jamesz12: 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2022
Behold the Traitor. Fulani slave

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by ajoyeleke(m): 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2022
please do not forget to like and subscribe for more amazing contents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVN6J0ZjWAo

2 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Tellwhat: 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2022
Well he's right he's Igbo

Afterall the so called Igbo coup.that led to Biafran civil war was spearheaded by nzeogwu who's also an Igbo man from present day delta state

Only issue I have is when people choose to be Igbos to flow with the narrative.

Especially when some ikwerre play that card

But the situation is unfortunate and it's hard to blame anyone; the civil war and many issues divided Igbos a lot and made some igbo dialect to claim another identity while also being igboid

If an ikwerre man can claim not to be Igbo then many Igbo dialects like nsukka or ngwa or even mbaise etc or any dialect can as well claim not to be Igbo despite being Igbo.

Unfortunate circumstances created such scenerio

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by duro4chang(m): 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2022
It is noted.
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Antoeni(m): 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2022
This Wey Atiku go dey Slap

3 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 9:58pm On Jun 18, 2022
G

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I May Be Arrested Soon – Dino Melaye Cries Out / Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me / What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.