Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics (1720 Views)

A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images / Nigerian Man Meets 'Tallest' & 'Shortest' Men In Dubai (Photos) / Burial Of The 26 Nigerian Girls Killed In Mediterranean Sea (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by Newphiligeek123: 9:00pm On Jun 18, 2022
A Toronto resident who was found lying on the ground around Avenue Road and College View and rushed to hospital died a week later from a gun shot wound.

The victim was Ikechidiadi Kaja. Kaja, a Nigerian professional was a financial analyst and a 2008 MBA graduate from the University of Toronto's Rotman School of Management. Friends say he grew up in Nigeria and lived in Maryland as an accountant before coming to Toronto in 2006 to learn about the stock market. He left behind his four-year-old son, Lex.

But it’s been a few months since Ike died near his Forest Hill home and Toronto police are still trying to track down his killer. “Unfortunately, there is no update I am able to provide at this time,” Det.-Sgt. Keri Fernandes, of Toronto police’s homicide squad, told Afrotimes Newspaper.

“The public has been assistive. They have provided witness statements and video. This is the type of investigation where our suspect has eluded us so far, but we are far from finished our search for them.”

Meanwhile, family and friends are still remembering his legacy.

He has been remembered a loving father to his son, a kind friend and a good person. Those who took to social media to express their shock and sadness about his death used the words humble, gentle, loyal and compassionate to describe Kaja.

“Ike really had a love for Toronto, especially U of T. He was passionate about the institution,” said classmate and good friend Narinder Dhami, who knew Kaja for 16 years.

Like many, Dhami was crushed by the loss of Kaja, whom she called a “a high-integrity individual.” She described him as a “positive and thoughtful” individual who “wouldn’t hurt a fly.”

Dhami, who said her friend is the last person anyone would expect to be fatally shot, is leading the effort to ensure Kaja’s legacy lives on through the establishment of a scholarship at his alma mater.

The Ike Justin Kaja Memorial Scholarship will provide $8,000 annually to an incoming student who, like Kaja, embodies kindness, leadership and commitment to making the community a better place.

“This is a next step of healing,” said Dhami, adding the hardest part is waiting and hoping justice will be eventually served.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper/photos/pcb.128455899865954/128455729865971
Afrotimes Newspaper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by Totilopussylick(m): 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2022
If the killer is eventually caught, it won't be nothing other than business gone wrong angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by gaby(m): 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2022
Rest on bro.

This must be an old news though because I can't believe it's still snowing heavily in Toronto, Canada at the moment.
Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by Golan007: 9:07pm On Jun 18, 2022
Sleep well bro.
Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by Cypress042(m): 9:09pm On Jun 18, 2022
Humans are wicked, sorry to use that word smiley
Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by Stargangz: 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2022
So gun violence dey canada too? Where I wan japa to now? US of A is a no go area, UK with knife violence, Russia WW111, 9ja wey I dey na armageddon. Baba God help me I wan japa from this shitholed nation oh!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by Highlandgee: 9:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
Stargangz:
So gun violence dey canada too? Where I wan japa to now? US of A is a no go area, UK with knife violence, Russia WW111, 9ja wey I dey na armageddon. Baba God help me I wan japa from this shitholed nation oh!

There is crime EVERYWHERE in the world. The earlier people know this, the wiser.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by DannyFX2638: 9:42pm On Jun 18, 2022
Saner clime 101
Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by DannyFX2638: 9:44pm On Jun 18, 2022
Stargangz:
Go Russia grin
Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by Stargangz: 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2022
DannyFX2638:
Go Russia grin
Russia keh? Na suicide mission be dat nah
Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by Highlandgee: 9:59pm On Jun 18, 2022
RIP, bro cry

Newphiligeek123:
A Toronto resident who was found lying on the ground around Avenue Road and College View and rushed to hospital died a week later from a gun shot wound.

The victim was Ikechidiadi Kaja. Kaja, a Nigerian professional was a financial analyst and a 2008 MBA graduate from the University of Toronto's Rotman School of Management. Friends say he grew up in Nigeria and lived in Maryland as an accountant before coming to Toronto in 2006 to learn about the stock market. He left behind his four-year-old son, Lex.

But it’s been a few months since Ike died near his Forest Hill home and Toronto police are still trying to track down his killer. “Unfortunately, there is no update I am able to provide at this time,” Det.-Sgt. Keri Fernandes, of Toronto police’s homicide squad, told Afrotimes Newspaper.

“The public has been assistive. They have provided witness statements and video. This is the type of investigation where our suspect has eluded us so far, but we are far from finished our search for them.”

Meanwhile, family and friends are still remembering his legacy.

He has been remembered a loving father to his son, a kind friend and a good person. Those who took to social media to express their shock and sadness about his death used the words humble, gentle, loyal and compassionate to describe Kaja.

“Ike really had a love for Toronto, especially U of T. He was passionate about the institution,” said classmate and good friend Narinder Dhami, who knew Kaja for 16 years.

Like many, Dhami was crushed by the loss of Kaja, whom she called a “a high-integrity individual.” She described him as a “positive and thoughtful” individual who “wouldn’t hurt a fly.”

Dhami, who said her friend is the last person anyone would expect to be fatally shot, is leading the effort to ensure Kaja’s legacy lives on through the establishment of a scholarship at his alma mater.

The Ike Justin Kaja Memorial Scholarship will provide $8,000 annually to an incoming student who, like Kaja, embodies kindness, leadership and commitment to making the community a better place.

“This is a next step of healing,” said Dhami, adding the hardest part is waiting and hoping justice will be eventually served.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper/photos/pcb.128455899865954/128455729865971
Afrotimes Newspaper

Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by Rexymania(m): 7:28am On Jun 19, 2022
Eyah, jealous people everywhere
Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by midolian(m): 8:13am On Jun 19, 2022
Why is it that 98% of victims of xenophobia and other related killings outside the country are Igbos?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by BigDawsNet: 8:13am On Jun 19, 2022
Rip

No where is safe

Just pray and open ur eyes

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by Koko1119: 8:54am On Jun 19, 2022
U dey Nigeria u no rest even abroad na another problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by Highlandgee: 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
Stargangz:
grin
Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by JapaProf: 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
Stargangz:

If that's your major fear cheesy cheesy, here are some other countries to consider:
Denmark
Singapore
New Zealand
Portugal
Switzerland.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by LILTJAY: 1:49am On Jun 20, 2022
Igbos always being killed home and away why
Re: Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics by Originalsly: 9:06am On Jun 20, 2022
Totilopussylick:

If the killer is eventually caught, it won't be nothing other than business gone wrong >:

(

Can very well be he was messing with someone's wife.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Keep Embarrassing The Country And Continent Abroad / United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b] / I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.