Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly (28358 Views)

Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good / Peter Obi Is Not Stingy- A rebuttal to Fr Mbaka's Claims (Photos) / El-Rufai Is Prudent, Not Stingy — Wife, Hadiza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by brightonos24: 11:32pm On Jun 19, 2022

120 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Judicible(m): 11:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
Mbaka was trying to compel Peter Obi

133 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by spearman(m): 12:04am On Jun 20, 2022
Alleged N250m Anambra money: Police launches fresh investigation

By ikenna Anyanwu
Contrary to speculations that the case of recent recovery of a whooping sum of N250 million in cash in a private office of Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State in Apapa, Lagos by eagle-eyed policemen in Lagos has been rested, indications emerged over the week that Police authorities in Abuja have commenced thorough investigations into the matter.

This is just as untold details of the circumstances that led to the strange discovery and the role played by all the parties involved including the Police were unfolded by reliable police sources at the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that on the said day, which was Sunday, Police authorities in Lagos received information from one of the aides to Governor Peter Obi that a huge sum of money was been conveyed to the Governor's private company at Aerodrome road in Apapa, Lagos.

Based on this, Lagos State Police Commissioner, Marvel Akpoyibo led some of his officers including the Area Commander in Apapa and they stormed the company.

Police sources said on getting to the scene, they saw the exotic jeeps that transported the money which were arraigned in suit cases inside the premises.

The Police reportedly instructed one of the aids to the Governor who was seen there to inform the Governor of their intention to inspect the vehicles. At this juncture, according to reports, the Governor instructed his aides not to open the vehicles until he comes to Lagos.

As soon as the Commissioner of Police was informed of the Governor’s directive, he reportedly deployed policemen to guard the vehicles until the arrival of the Governor.

That Sunday, at about 2.30 pm, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi arrived the scene with their entourage and the Police Commissioner insisted that the vehicles must be thoroughly searched in the presence of everybody because the information received was a case of arms and ammunition being stockpiled for the 2010 election in Anambra State.

Governor Obi who was reportedly not comfortable with the Commissioner˜s directive was said to had capitulated by directing his aids to open the vehicle and this led to the discovery of the whooping sum of N250 million. Saturday Vanguard learnt that at this stage, the Commissioner of police quickly alerted the Inspector-General of Police, Sir Mike Okiro who directed that the Governor should make a statement over the discovery.

Sources said that in his statement, Governor Obi stated that the money found in the vehicles belongs to Anambra State and that it was meant for payment to one of their contractors who wanted cash.

It was gathered also that when the police asked Governor Obi why he should pay such a huge amount of money in cash instead of draft or cheque, the Governor could not give reasonable answer.

It was then that the Inspector~General of Police directed that the money should be paid back to Anambra State government account without delay.

On Monday the following day, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi reportedly moved to Spring bank where the money was paid into Anambra State Government account and a photocopy of the deposit slip made and handed over to the Commissioner of Police.

Saturday Vanguard also learnt that what fueled police suspicion over the money was that they also got information that the Governor was billed to travel out of the country a week after the money was intercepted.

To worsen the speculation, Governor Obi reportedly traveled overseas after the incident.

It was at this stage that the Inspector~General of Police who was properly briefed on the incident directed the Force Criminal Investigations Department under Deputy Inspector~General of Police, Israel Ajao to take over the case and unravel the mystery surrounding the movement of the cash from Anambra State to Lagos.

The IGP˜s directive was also said to have been prompted by the fact that the contractor whom Governor Obi claimed owns the money never showed up at all stages of the discovery and the fact that Lagos state Police Command preliminary investigations revealed a case of money laundering against the Governor.

So far, sources at the Force headquarters said detectives will soon conclude their investigations into the matter based on the fact that Police authorities vowed to get to the root of the case without fear or favor.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/alleged-n250m-anambra-money-police-launches-fresh-investigation/?s=08

Please copy and share

24 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Bomboiy: 12:07am On Jun 20, 2022
That is how it should be.

Misappropriation of public funds is the biggest problem in Nigeria,we need a frugal leader like Obi.

273 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by obinnajohnson: 12:07am On Jun 20, 2022
Any Nigerian who is still in doubt of Peter Obi's competence, humility and honesty needs a brain check. He is the only candidate who truthfully wants to serve and not be served. Nigeria needs Peter Obi to clean up the mess the ruling satanic party caused Nigeria. If a wrong person is voted in, come 2023, Nigeria will be doomed forever.

328 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Bomboiy: 12:10am On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:
Obi

If after all the digging and investigation the only thing you could come up with is a 250m case that hasn't been proven then you have just cemented his legacy as one of the finest leader we have ever had

In a country where people transfer money in bullion vans,where accountant general of Rivers State stole 400 billion naira,Obi is a saint.

323 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Vulturereloaded: 12:10am On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:
Obi

Alleged. There is no law that stipulates how much cash can be carried at a given time.

Contractors can be mobilised in cash. Even EFCC will not take such a case up.

See case here.

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by ursullalinda(f): 12:11am On Jun 20, 2022
I watched this video and i prayed from the depth of my heart for him to win......I mean this is a presidential candidate speaking.......I'm so proud of him and i have been sharing the video

238 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Quest7777: 12:17am On Jun 20, 2022
Mbaka inadvertently ended up marketing PO with that comment on being stingy. A stingy (financially prudent) person is needed to fix this country.

Look, the only hope we have to salvage this country is through a People's Revolution. Of all the aspirants, only PO offers the platform for such a revolution.

Don't sell your vote for a piece of bread.
Choose PO the key & Emancipate Yourself...

149 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Megabig: 12:45am On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu
Contrary to speculations that the case of recent recovery of a whooping sum of N250 million in cash in a private office of Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State in Apapa, Lagos by eagle-eyed policemen in Lagos has been rested, indications emerged over the week that Police authorities in Abuja have commenced thorough investigations into the matter.

This is just as untold details of the circumstances that led to the strange discovery and the role played by all the parties involved including the Police were unfolded by reliable police sources at the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that on the said day, which was Sunday, Police authorities in Lagos received information from one of the aides to Governor Peter Obi that a huge sum of money was been conveyed to the Governor's private company at Aerodrome road in Apapa, Lagos.

Based on this, Lagos State Police Commissioner, Marvel Akpoyibo led some of his officers including the Area Commander in Apapa and they stormed the company.

Police sources said on getting to the scene, they saw the exotic jeeps that transported the money which were arraigned in suit cases inside the premises.

The Police reportedly instructed one of the aids to the Governor who was seen there to inform the Governor of their intention to inspect the vehicles. At this juncture, according to reports, the Governor instructed his aides not to open the vehicles until he comes to Lagos.

As soon as the Commissioner of Police was informed of the Governor’s directive, he reportedly deployed policemen to guard the vehicles until the arrival of the Governor.

That Sunday, at about 2.30 pm, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi arrived the scene with their entourage and the Police Commissioner insisted that the vehicles must be thoroughly searched in the presence of everybody because the information received was a case of arms and ammunition being stockpiled for the 2010 election in Anambra State.

Governor Obi who was reportedly not comfortable with the Commissioner˜s directive was said to had capitulated by directing his aids to open the vehicle and this led to the discovery of the whooping sum of N250 million. Saturday Vanguard learnt that at this stage, the Commissioner of police quickly alerted the Inspector-General of Police, Sir Mike Okiro who directed that the Governor should make a statement over the discovery.

Sources said that in his statement, Governor Obi stated that the money found in the vehicles belongs to Anambra State and that it was meant for payment to one of their contractors who wanted cash.

It was gathered also that when the police asked Governor Obi why he should pay such a huge amount of money in cash instead of draft or cheque, the Governor could not give reasonable answer.

It was then that the Inspector~General of Police directed that the money should be paid back to Anambra State government account without delay.

On Monday the following day, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi reportedly moved to Spring bank where the money was paid into Anambra State Government account and a photocopy of the deposit slip made and handed over to the Commissioner of Police.

Saturday Vanguard also learnt that what fueled police suspicion over the money was that they also got information that the Governor was billed to travel out of the country a week after the money was intercepted.

To worsen the speculation, Governor Obi reportedly traveled overseas after the incident.

It was at this stage that the Inspector~General of Police who was properly briefed on the incident directed the Force Criminal Investigations Department under Deputy Inspector~General of Police, Israel Ajao to take over the case and unravel the mystery surrounding the movement of the cash from Anambra State to Lagos.

The IGP˜s directive was also said to have been prompted by the fact that the contractor whom Governor Obi claimed owns the money never showed up at all stages of the discovery and the fact that Lagos state Police Command preliminary investigations revealed a case of money laundering against the Governor.

So far, sources at the Force headquarters said detectives will soon conclude their investigations into the matter based on the fact that Police authorities vowed to get to the root of the case without fear or favor.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/alleged-n250m-anambra-money-police-launches-fresh-investigation/?s=08

Please copy and share

Allegedly? What’s the outcome? Clearly nothing was found. This man have told you people to keep investigating, even Sahara reporters owned by sowore can’t find anything till date.

Go and vote Tinubu, stop giving yourself high blood pressure..

162 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Vulturereloaded: 12:48am On Jun 20, 2022
Megabig:

Allegedly? What’s the outcome? Clearly nothing was found. This man have told you people to keep investigating, even Sahara reporters owned by sowore can’t find anything till date.

I can bet you that the person that is posting this has never entered plane. Still depends on parents who are suffering from inflation.

No independent Nigerian, who paid for flight for 12000 and is paying 60,000 today, or bought a bag of rice for 6000 in 2015 and buying 25,000 today, will be campaigning for Tinubu.

186 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by spearman(m): 12:49am On Jun 20, 2022
Megabig:

YORUBA NATION IS OUR ONLY AGENDA
YORUBA NATION NOW

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Nerogaming01(m): 12:55am On Jun 20, 2022
Bomboiy:

If after all the digging and investigation the only thing you could come up with is a 250m case that hasn't been proven then you have just cemented his legacy as one of the finest leader we have ever had

In a country where people transfer money in bullion vans,where accountant general of Rivers State stole 400 billion naira,Obi is a saint.
spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu

Please copy and share

I say ma waste space grin

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Megabig: 1:15am On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

YORUBA NATION IS OUR ONLY AGENDA
YORUBA NATION NOW
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Megabig: 1:16am On Jun 20, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

I can bet you that the person that is posting this has never entered plane. Still depends on parents who are suffering from inflation.

No independent Nigerian, who paid for flight for 12000 and is paying 60,000 today, or bought a bag of rice for 6000 in 2015 and buying 25,000 today, will be campaigning for Tinubu.

Only a wicked person will go from Buhari to Tinubu, only a heartless fellow

126 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by obyrich(m): 4:02am On Jun 20, 2022
Megabig:

Only a wicked person will go from Buhari to Tinubu, only a heartless fellow
Heartless? When all of us will sit here and suffer the consequences? It is just stupidity. Some of the people supporting Tinubu and ATIKU are not sure of their next meal.

115 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by kenzysmith: 4:32am On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu

Please copy and share
ote

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Karemarealty288(m): 6:13am On Jun 20, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

You have said it all.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Kingmakerde3rd: 6:30am On Jun 20, 2022
Oya, your title, okpaku eri eri 1 of Nigeria cheesy

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 20, 2022
Obi has given his track Record so many times.
As far back as early 90s the guy don dey count millions in hard currency even when not in government.

Let others show us how they made their wealth before being in government!

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Eniitankorede: 6:43am On Jun 20, 2022
Can Obi speak proper English at all?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by mustrule(m): 6:49am On Jun 20, 2022
Ok, ride on sir you are free to spend your money the best way you dim fit, I know you are a giver keep it up.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Bendeco02: 7:39am On Jun 20, 2022
Eniitankorede:
So now you have shifted from, pandora to stingy, now your issue is whether he can speak proper english?

Mumu! Na only online una get mouth.

Can you stand him in any quiz or argument using your so called proper english?

86 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:42am On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu

Please copy and share
If we start posting tinubu corruption allegations, one day won't be enough to post all of them.He has too many baggages.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by XerXers: 8:51am On Jun 20, 2022
Eniitankorede:
Na English we go chop? He was born and brought up in Onitsha where people without WAEC are multi millionaires

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Lovelive: 9:53am On Jun 20, 2022
Retardedd propagandist.

2023 we go shine our three eyes

spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu

Please copy and share

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Eniitankorede: 10:21am On Jun 20, 2022
Bendeco02:

So now you have shifted from, pandora to stingy, now your issue is whether he can speak proper english?

Mumu! Na only online una get mouth.

Can you stand him in any quiz or argument using your so called proper english?

A third class in philosophy you are comparing to medicine?

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Nonexisting: 10:29am On Jun 20, 2022
This man if given a chance will reset this country. My own is to vote for him and hope for the best. While at it, I will be doubling my hustle just in case the usual vultures find their way into our national treasury again. That way, I will be to cushion hard times for the next 8yrs.

29 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by dignity33: 10:41am On Jun 20, 2022
A lesson to all Nigerians who want a better future.
Firstly bear it in a mind that any candidate who spends billions of naira to win election will not make a good leader. I know that leadership is a called to serve your people more especially in a democratic society but Blackman especially Nigeria people see leadership as avenue to get richer.

How do you expect a man who spent billions of Naira of him to win election make a good leader, far from it. Take yourself as example can you spends billions to win an election only to be get millions through your salaries. Have you asked yourself how much is salaries of president, governors that will make them to spend billions contest election after 4yrs.
In Western world citizens are the one that mostly fund a candidate because they know that is difficult to make a good leader from a candidate that spent his money to win an election.
Do not vote a candidate that out spends because his leadership will be more disaster.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by babag93: 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
Unfortunately Mr. Obi,
Happenings in Ekiti even with the youths flaunting ill gotten money, show that we are not there yet and cannot get there even in 2023.
I hope you don’t give up on Nigeria because they’ll embarrass you next year.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Ballzproblemm: 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting / Photos Of Homeless Woman & Child In Front Of 4 Govt. Agencies In Calabar / Nneoma Okorocha Donates A Bungalow To A Widow In Owerri Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.