Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good (24640 Views)

Aisha Yesufu To Peter Obi - "I'm Not Going To Work For You" / Peter Obi: Why Should I Steal Public Money When I’m Richer Than Joe Bidden? / Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
Obi urged Nigerian politicians to use public funds for social development.

The Presidential candidate of Labour Party, Peter Obi, has debunked the notion that he's a stingy politician, saying he prefers to use public money for public good.

This is as he appealed to Nigerian politicians to be accountable with the public funds they've been entrusted with.

The former Anambra State Governor made this known at the Matter Dei Catholic Church on the occasion of an interdenominational Prayer Meeting organized by the Catholic Action of Nigeria, Umuahia Diocesan Chapter on Saturday, July 23, 2022.

According to The Punch, the event had in attendance dignitaries which include; Abia State governorship candidate of Labour Party, Dr. Alex Otti, Sen. Victor Ume of Anambra State; the Methodist Prelate, Kalu Uche; Christian Association of Nigeria, Abia Chairman, Apostle Agomuo; and Abia State chairman, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria among others.

While making his speech, Obi said, “I am not stingy. I use public money for public good”.

The former governor also urged Nigerians to subject all the presidential candidates in the 2023 election to proper scrutiny, warning that failure to do that may result to anarchy.

Obi described as unacceptable that despite the huge resources God has deposited in Nigeria, many people still endure hunger and “don’t know when the next meal will come.”

He reiterated that he never took anything nor receive anything from anybody while he was governing Anambra State, adding that he preserved the state funds for the Anambra people.

Obi also harped on the need to transform the Nigerian economy from consumption to production, noting that as a President, “within two years, massive development will span across the states and make border cities to be one”.

In his speech, Otti said the time has come for Nigeria and Abia state to be taken over by a fresh political party.

He said, “Obi shares and practices frugality. If we want to fix this country, we must have to cut the cost of governance”.

Obi had earlier made a stop at the residence of Governor of Abia State, Okezie Ikpeazu, before proceeding to the event.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/im-not-stingy-i-use-public-money-for-public-good-peter-obi/3eg6yx5

146 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 23, 2022
Your enemies will never say good of you...
Just carry on.

493 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by Abdul05: 11:38pm On Jul 23, 2022
You tu dey lie... grin grin

Any where, obi can't win that is for sure... grin

He is just trying to be relevant... grin grin

295 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by God1000(m): 11:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
A good leader should be prudent and not a spendthrift.

I salute Mr Obi's sagacity in handling state resources

391 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by posty56: 11:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
sir you don't have to answer them ,they rather praise man like druginubu AKA escoBAT ,who brought two bullion van of looted public funds to share among the masses , you are a man of integrity ,ride on sir.

323 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by Chiedu4Trump: 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
We need somebody like Peter that will be prudent with our resources

229 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by Jemex003: 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
Obi urged Nigerian politicians to use public funds for social development.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/im-not-stingy-i-use-public-money-for-public-good-peter-obi/3eg6yx5

Ole see he’s head like Agbako head

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by Scamburster(m): 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abdul05:

Just because of your stipend?

232 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by ObiOkpor(m): 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abdul05:

He is more relevant than you and your entire village people..

256 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by ZUBY77(m): 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
ok
i will be back
Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by xevove2061: 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
Angela I dey Bologna City.
Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
ApC bots and PDP army will soon hijack this thread

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by Zimzy(m): 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
That is called prudence

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by GudHardDick: 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
This is exactly Why Nigeria needs peter Obi at the moment. Man is the best candidate for the job!!!

Get your PVC and let's make it a reality. Vote obi Vote labour party!

53 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by RandyOku: 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abdul05:

Sharap!

Enter Head Slamming sectiongrin

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by diadem10: 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
Such as?

Or you stashed out your states funds into secret account while using your daughter name for corruption.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by posty56: 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
Jemex003:

Ole see he’s head like Agbako head
shut up urchin

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by valentinenkem: 11:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
We are watching oo

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by xevove2061: 11:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abdul05:

Imagine I told you that you cannot pass an exam even if you did not prepare as you should, how should that make you feel?
This is exactly what you are telling another man that his dreams are not valid.

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by DeMonk: 11:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
Sir, incase you don’t know, your stinginess and prudence is one thing that endeared you to many of us.

Your popularity and follower-ship doubled after Mbaka made that ‘stingy’ outburst about you. Rather than spiting you, he ended up campaigning for you.

So, say no more!

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by moneyissweet(m): 11:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
Since you know that he can't win why are you wasting your time on his matter

Abdul05:

19 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by firo08(m): 11:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abdul05:

Why are you pained?
Take heart because he is already a winner

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by Paulheyman: 11:53pm On Jul 23, 2022
When Nigerian youths call, Peter Obi answers

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by Ogaga87(m): 11:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
Unlike the agbado and cassava baron that was embarrassed by Davido in Osun state...

God will embarrass them more in 2023

Obi, you will win and no man can dethrone what GOD has enthroned..

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
Keep shut perpetual Liar!

IbileIfe:

While using Fidelity Bank for money laundering.
I paid the ransom for the release of a kidnapped secondary school girl into a bank account in Fidelity Bank.

Peter Obi can fool legions of his Ignoramuses ruled by gullibility, herd mentality, irrationality and stupidity.
You've said it all.
Nothing to be added again.
He can only fool his brainwashed swines that abound.

19 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by Jemex003: 11:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
posty56:
shut up urchin

See your hand like person wey get epilepsy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
You can only rule your ipob murderers and cannibals.

Haywhy3579:

I love this, u are 100% correct. I am waiting for him to declare his asset so that more findings can be done on all his lies. He trying so hard to portray himself as uncorrupt politician who have never stolen public fund. Time will tell
It is always good and refreshing to see we still have reasonable and sensible members like you on this forum.
Bless up AY.

13 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by Bkchoixe: 11:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
God continue 2 bless u our incoming presido

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Dem MANNA, always killing dem Chidlren of hate, frustrations and perdition with the truth on a regular basis.
Dem Fada blokes.
(Quote this post if you see yourself as one)

OBI IS IPOB,
IPOB IS OBI.

END OF THREAD.

17 Likes 10 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari's Govt Incurs N57b Petrol Subsidy Debt -PUNCH / "FG May Shutdown Unless NASS Reconvenes" - Presidency Warns / Yahaya Bello Visits President Buhari In State House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.