Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,543 members, 7,850,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:09 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1538731 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) ... (4776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Peter obis so called achievement was bringing the brewery that his family had a stake in to Anambra.

There is no way he did not sigh off on it or maybe even suggest it.

I will repeat, I was in an lbs course and the lecturer who was incidentally Ibo was really enthused about the master stroke

The man said biafra veterans would literally Salute the bottle before drinking it.

If the beer had different branding - ndigbo, ohaneze or something along those lines - but a seceesionist movement? And a state of Nigeria and its governor are funding it?

We are already bothered about sharia up north. If kano started a Sharia suya factory, I am sure a lot of Nigerians would have something to say about that.

Sir, in all sincerity, I am struggling to grasp your point in this comment.

We as Nigerians, should even be ashamed that some white company, saw an opportunity and took advantage of it, right under our noses

SabMiller produces Castle, Grand malt and other brands. Is that also a secessionist product?

We can keep wailing about how the beer will divide Nigeria. They have counted today's profits, waiting for tomorrow's own.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

You think I will join the circus of Ur never ending amala turning? Not today bro.

I have already done my bit of letting people know that there is absolutely nothing wrong in a company branding a product such that it appeals to their target customer in as much as they don't break any law while doing that.

Hero beer is produced by a company with international affiliation and they follow international best practices. If u have an axe to grind with them over the branding of their product, then take them to a Nigerian court and test Ur argument in court

Swastika appeals to some Germans till today
Confederate flags appeal to some Americans till today

Which presidential candidate will use that as the symbol of their company in those countries? or you think there's nothing wrong since its not breaking any law
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2023
Segedinho:

Dem say dem say

We dey muzz am here with fellow ibos..as Dem dey salute am...we d yoruba guys dey prostrate to d bottle b4 we open am..
cheesy

Imagine what all our resident obidients would have to say if lagos invested in a brewery selling opc or Yoruba nation branded beer

Seeing as on this very platform obidients regularly fall over themselves to tie opc to Tinubu.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 7:18pm On Jan 09, 2023
ShaqFu:
so [b] Buhari is the chief security officer of Edo state?

What stops the governor from taking the Fayose route, when he employed the hunters in his state and armed them with guns when Fulani herdsmen was unleashing mayhem in Nigeria.

when the state governor is still collecting security vote money.

This was you in 2015 blaming Jonathan for Chibok girls kidnapping but never blaming the state governor.

Now you want us to blame Obaseki for not securing a federal organisation while absolving Buhari?

joseph1832:
She and her disappointment can wait for a while. The Chibok girls are already the fault of GEJ because he wasted more than enough time denying that the girls were ctually kidnapped!.

Why transfer the burden of GEJ failures to GMB!. In time, I trust the general may just surprise us all. So Helen, your disappointment can wait!.

Shameless hypocrite!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
DissTroy:

Nonsense! Anybody can googke those keywords to get the links and that's why I added dates so they don't mistake them but you will always find outlets to evade when you are caught.

Always muddying the waters in arguments, hoping to tire the other person out by asking baseless questions while evading answers.

Would you deactivate your account if I provide links to each of them?
Answer this and you'd get links. I opened all the pages down because I preempted you. smiley
I don't need to deactivate my account before you post link bro. No need for that.

Just post the links lemme see for myself and verify it. Or doesn't your Peter Obi always tell us to go and Verify? grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 7:21pm On Jan 09, 2023
Omoo this disstroy guy dey dig for the gods.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:21pm On Jan 09, 2023
DissTroy:

This was you in 2015 blaming Jonathan for Chibok girls kidnapping but never blaming the state governor.

Now you want us to blame Obaseki for not security a federal organisation while absolving Buhari?

Shameless hypocrite!
You are wicked...

grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:22pm On Jan 09, 2023
izzou:

Sir, in all sincerity, I am struggling to grasp your point in this comment.

We as Nigerians, should even be ashamed that some white company, saw an opportunity and took advantage of it, right under our noses

SabMiller produces Castle, Grand malt and other brands. Is that also a secessionist product?

We can keep wailing about how the beer will divide Nigeria. They have counted today's profits, waiting for tomorrow's own.

Is castle beer branded with a sessionist flag?

Branding is a very very big deal in business. How is it that with all the logos and symbols, what Anambra state govt and Peter obi, the Nigerian advisors could come up with was a logo celebrating biafra?

People complain bitterly about arabic on the naira and on the army logo but you think this is somehow different?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:22pm On Jan 09, 2023
Donjazet2:
Omoo this disstroy guy dey dig for the gods.
I weak baba
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 7:23pm On Jan 09, 2023
"Rising sun" na some people problem,I dey shock....
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 7:23pm On Jan 09, 2023
DissTroy:

This was you in 2015 blaming Jonathan for Chibok girls kidnapping bit never blaming the state governor.

Shameless hypocrite!
there's nothing to be ashamed for. I still blame Jonathan. The Chibok girls were kidnapped by Boko Haram, a terrorist group.

Tell me, did Boko Haram make any random demands before the girls will be released?

There's a big difference, don't confuse it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:24pm On Jan 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Branding is a very very big deal in business. How is it that with all the logos and symbols, what Anambra state govt and Peter obi, the Nigerian advisors could come up with was a logo celebrating biafra?

People complain bitterly about arabic on the naira and on the army logo but you think this is somehow different?
A quick one....can FG take down a brand if deemed offensive or probably symbolises terrorism
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2023
Izzou nawa for u oo

That their Amala turning that's on the blink of becoming worth to nothing, u just fall hand.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

There are many symbols and slogans that can be identified with Ibos. Cockrel is one, Palm Tree is one there are many out there but the one Obi chose coincidentally happened to be the separatist one

Imagine Zulum opening a company and uses BokoHaram logo for the symbol not giant groundnut pyramid, not cows nor herdsmen

Lion head which is so popular among ibos also dey

But they had to go an pick rising sun of Japan

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2023
ShaqFu:
there's nothing to be ashamed for. I still blame Jonathan. The Chibok girls were kidnapped by Boko Haram, a terrorist group.

Tell me, did Boko Haram make any random demands before the girls will be released?

Unknown gun men are....?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Some of us look up to you as more learned and exposed. If others are making arguments to troll themselves, for the sake of us that are looking up to you, no join them abeg grin

How can you be comparing a country's national currency, to a product of a private business

Did anybody force anybody to drink Hero beer?
Is Hero beer part of our legal tender?

Like...What is the relationship between both examples?

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2023
Nigerians will always be hypocrites.

The same people who scream to high heavens of islamisation agenda will unsee when state government and governor will deliberately choose secessionist symbols on goods they are selling because that will move market.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2023
Segedinho:

Unknown gun men are....?
have they been proscribe terrorist group? Enlighten me.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2023
God forbid I'm close to 50 and will be this ignorance,there is no Arabic in Nigeria currency...

The letter words written on Nigerian Currencies isnt an Arabic Language, its called "AJAMI" Written in Hausa Language using Arabic Alphabet.

Are Chinese using Arabic language too? Olodo!!!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

The same people who scream to high heavens of islamisation agenda will unsee when state government and governor will deliberately choose secessionist symbols on goods they are selling because that will move market.

You are wasting the term Hypocrite anyhow.

The governor does not own SABMiller.

This was the same investment that Soludo said was worth next-to-nothing, and we all laughed. Suddenly, this investment is now what will divide Nigeria this night.

It is called Targeted Marketing. You will hardly see Hero beer in Lagos. I doubt if it will exist in other states outside the SE and SS.

If you see it as a national threat, that's on you, sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

sorry sir. Are you talking about the Biafra symbol of the rising sun that is on Hero Lager Beer? grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ToyinDipo(m): 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2023
Everyone is genuinely tribalistic or identifies first with a group at least to certain extent, except you have completely lost your identity. That’s why most have intuitively learned to treat a single person on individual basis and a group of people on the basis of what they identify with, with this, in an ideal case you don’t want to offend them, or in a non ideal case if you really want to offend them.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Lion head which is so popular among ibos also dey

they had to go an pick rising sun of Japan

You're in no position to choose the symbol the company want.

The brand name is "HERO" beer, the rising sun symbol meaning is talking about war, that makes it meaningful to use.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 7:34pm On Jan 09, 2023
izzou:

You are wasting the term Hypocrite anyhow.

The governor does not own SABMiller.

This was the same investment that Soludo said was worth next-to-nothing, and we all laughed. Suddenly, this investment is now what will divide Nigeria this night.

It is called Targeted Marketing. You will hardly see Hero beer in Lagos. I doubt if it will exist in other states outside the SE and SS.

If you see it as a national threat, that's on you, sir
Bros, Hero Beer is in Lagos, don't say you will hardly see it, it is in Lagos. Ask and they will bring it shapaly
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:34pm On Jan 09, 2023
ShaqFu:
have they been proscribe terrorist group? Enlighten me.
undecided

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2023
izzou:

Some of us look up to you as more learned and exposed. If others are making arguments to troll themselves, for the sake of us that are looking up to you, no join them abeg grin

How can you be comparing a country's national currency, to a product of a private business

Did anybody force anybody to drink Hero beer?
Is Hero beer part of our legal tender?

Like...What is the relationship between both examples?

Because the brewery IS NOT A PRIVATE BUSINESS. a government of a Nigerian state invested in it. The governor of the state at the time also bought shares in it.

2bn naira of Anambra state money was invested in it.
So it is no longer a 'private concern'

Everyone with a stake in the company is responsible for the decisions the company takes. It is why you see businesses jettisoning their relation with kanye West. Because whatever he does or says also reflects on his partners.

This is also business 101. The actions of your business partners reflect on you.

So if you as a state government of Nigeria are investing in a company whose branding celebrates a promotes a secessionist movement

Even the arguments that it is a private company don hold water. Can you imagine Guinness branding with IRA logo/colours?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 7:36pm On Jan 09, 2023
Segedinho:

undecided
Good.

Can I see the link to the screenshot?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 7:37pm On Jan 09, 2023
So ná rising sun be the wahala now. Which kind learned people be this sef?

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:37pm On Jan 09, 2023
ShaqFu:
Bros, Hero Beer is in Lagos, don't say you will hardly see it, it is in Lagos. Ask and they will bring it shapaly

I said it is not common.

You that does not even know they had brand ambassadors, called it a shittty beer, is now schooling me on how common it is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Because the brewery IS NOT A PRIVATE BUSINESS. a government of a Nigerian state invested in it. The governor of the state at the time also bought shares in it.

2bn naira of Anambra state money was invested in it.
So it is no longer a 'private concern'

Everyone with a stake in the company is responsible for the decisions the company takes. It is why you see businesses jettisoning their relation with kanye West. Because whatever he does or says also reflects on his partners.

This is also business 101. The actions of your business partners reflect on you.
Two bottles of Hero Lager for you. Asun will come later. grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:39pm On Jan 09, 2023
ShaqFu:

Nah... This trolling funny grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:40pm On Jan 09, 2023
ShaqFu:
Good.

Can I see the link to the screenshot?
Just after u show me d link where FG described d logo in hero as an Ipob symbol

(1) (2) (3) ... (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) ... (4776) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2, GrammarNazi1(m), izzou(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.