Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,234 members, 7,839,231 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1501734 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4455) (4456) (4457) (4458) (4459) (4460) (4461) ... (4707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:53pm On Mar 21
Itsrm:

What the guy wrote in the tweet is wrong though. The woman never said they gave Gunmi the money.

Well, true the guy's caption was incorrect, nonetheless it doesn't negate the fact that Gumi deserves to be in DSS detention helping government with necessary information to track down those terrorists.

What the woman narrated was the fact that they met at Gumi's house where they contributed money for the Fulani man who was going into the forest to meet the bandits for negotiation. And the man insisted the N800k is just for transport alone. Shey na heaven he dey go ni abi it's because there are so many people that will take their cut of the N800k?

Obviously Gumi has made himself a go-to-man that sets up meetings with bandits/terrorists and families of victims. At what point do we tell ourselves the bitter truth that Gumi is a principal stakeholder in this banditary/kidnapping/terrorism business?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 3:07pm On Mar 21
Propaganda nor dey hard to dispel.

Give am time, truth go show up

9 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:01pm On Mar 21
grin

.....make una dey read beyond Headline, una no go gree. Screenshot yí nọ ni bi àdánwò. LOL!

Meanwhile, Bankole Bernard, chairman of Airlines and Passengers’ Joint Committee (APJC) of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) told BusinessDay that CBN’s claim is true, adding that the airlines’ trapped funds have been cleared.

According to him, the foreign airlines have been offered the option to get their funds from the banks using the rate of the I & E window but have refused because the current I &E window rate is not the same they used to sell tickets.

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:03pm On Mar 21
chidekings:
forget politics for once,last two days....it got to 1350 on kukoin.i even bought some.

Lowest I saw it go on kucoin was 1430 yesterday. If you bought at 1350, show evidence.

If dollar goes to 700 and stays there, I'll be the happiest man here. Don't get where the politics angle is coming from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:13pm On Mar 21
Ellexy:
But the person they gave the money according to the woman came to the meeting at Gumi's place.

BlueRayDick:

Well, true the guy's caption was incorrect, nonetheless it doesn't negate the fact that Gumi deserves to be in DSS detention helping government with necessary information to track down those terrorists.

What the woman narrated was the fact that they met at Gumi's house where they contributed money for the Fulani man who was going into the forest to meet the bandits for negotiation. And the man insisted the N800k is just for transport alone. Shey na heaven he dey go ni abi it's because there are so many people that will take their cut of the N800k?

Obviously Gumi has made himself a go-to-man that sets up meetings with bandits/terrorists and families of victims. At what point do we tell ourselves the bitter truth that Gumi is a principal stakeholder in this banditary/kidnapping/terrorism business?

Of course, I'm not making excuses for Gumi. If nothing else has been established, we know he's always sympathetic towards the cause of terrorists and bandits. This man was arrested in Saudi Arabia as far back as 2010 on issues bothering on terrorism.

Just pointing out what I noticed because I know people may not bother to watch the video.

Sometimes I don't watch videos too. I just read whatever interpretation has been posted.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibunkun1(m): 4:16pm On Mar 21
BlueRayDick:

I don't think losing as much as 10 matches thus far is occassional if u ask me grin

grin grin egbon say occassional
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:21pm On Mar 21
Itsrm:

Of course, I'm not making excuses for Gumi. If nothing else has been established, we know he's always sympathetic towards the cause of terrorists and bandits. This man was arrested in Saudi Arabia as far back as 2010 on issues bothering on terrorism.

Just pointing out what I noticed because I know people may not bother to watch the video.

Sometimes I don't watch videos too. I just read whatever interpretation has been posted.

I alway make sure I watch videos or read full news articles before forming an opinion . I am always wary of sensationalism which most of media people use to sell their stock
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:22pm On Mar 21
Ibunkun1:

grin grin egbon say occassional

He think say e easy make Popi the biggest Poch supporter dey call for his sack ni . grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 4:28pm On Mar 21
https://twitter.com/MikaelCBernard/status/1770818117993742560?s=19

One doesn't even know what and when to applaud anymore.

Nna ehn.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 4:32pm On Mar 21
Wow grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:43pm On Mar 21
Unlimited22:

Nna ehn.

So an airline accepted a policy that will wipe away 70% of its earnings?

Which foreign airline be that, abeg?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chidekings(m): 4:44pm On Mar 21
Itsrm:

Lowest I saw it go on kucoin was 1430 yesterday. If you bought at 1350, show evidence.

If dollar goes to 700 and stays there, I'll be the happiest man here. Don't get where the politics angle is coming from.

bro their is no argument on this,u missed it thats all...ask everyone tusday night dollar got to 1350 on kukoin....beleive or don't believe thats ur cup of tea
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 4:54pm On Mar 21
Unlimited22:

Nna ehn.

Its alternative facts.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 4:57pm On Mar 21
izzou:

If its Naira they have in their bank account, they will only get their money at the current fx market rate.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:58pm On Mar 21
izzou:

Let me guess

The airline that borrowed and refurbished airline to us and call it nigeria airline

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:15pm On Mar 21
larride:

If its Naira they have in their bank account, they will only get their money at the current fx market rate.

But does it even make sense for an airline being an international business to keep substantial sum in their Naira account knowing how volatile the naira is against the dollar?

I never really understand the story between CBN & the airline operators sha
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 5:23pm On Mar 21
Ellexy:
The FX spent within that time frame was what Oasis brought up as an excuse for why naira massively lost value against the dollar when Tinubu came in. He brought it up, I didn't. .

He brought it up as the cost of defending Naira which Cardoso does not have means to do and pointed to this as the main cause of Naira decline, but you missed the point.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 5:24pm On Mar 21
OasisX:
grin

.....make una dey read beyond Headline, una no go gree. Screenshot yí nọ ni bi àdánwò. LOL!

The Headline is correct oga. Is this part below also part of the article?

Against claims by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) that it has successfully settled all outstanding foreign exchange (FX) obligations, foreign airlines says the status quo remains the same.

Kingsley Nwokeoma, President, Association of Foreign Airlines and Representatives in Nigeria, (AFARN) told BusinessDay that as far as he is concerned, nothing has changed as regards clearing foreign airlines’ trapped funds.

“If they say they have cleared the trapped funds, they should show us figures. They should tell us how much have been cleared. The last I checked, the status quo still remains the same,” Nwokeoma said.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:27pm On Mar 21
Ellexy:
The Headline is correct oga. Is this part below also part of the article?

Against claims by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) that it has successfully settled all outstanding foreign exchange (FX) obligations, foreign airlines says the status quo remains the same.

Kingsley Nwokeoma, President, Association of Foreign Airlines and Representatives in Nigeria, (AFARN) told BusinessDay that as far as he is concerned, nothing has changed as regards clearing foreign airlines’ trapped funds.

“If they say they have cleared the trapped funds, they should show us figures. They should tell us how much have been cleared. The last I checked, the status quo still remains the same,” Nwokeoma said.

grin

........you and off point sha. Where are the rest information?! No be you dey alleged me of posting half baked information yesterday?! LOL!

https://businessday.ng/news/article/foreign-airlines-dispute-cbns-claim-of-settled-fx-backlog/
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:30pm On Mar 21
larride:

From what I understand about Fx backlogs, they wanted to repatriate USD, CBN gave them the naira equivalent at say 460 to a dollar with a promise to provide the dollar at a future date.

Now, CBN is asking them to convert that naira they were given back to USD at the NAFEM window. This means they will get far less value for the naira they hold.

It's unfair on them but I understand the position of the CBN.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:32pm On Mar 21
Itsrm:

From what I understand about Fx backlogs, they wanted to repatriate USD, CBN gave them the naira equivalent at say 460 to a dollar with a promise to provide the dollar at a future date.

Now, CBN is asking them to convert that naira they were given back to USD at the NAFEM window. This means they will get far less value for the naira they hold.

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 5:37pm On Mar 21
OasisX:

grin

........you and off point sha. Where are the rest information?! No be you dey alleged me of posting half baked information yesterday?! LOL!

https://businessday.ng/news/article/foreign-airlines-dispute-cbns-claim-of-settled-fx-backlog/
This guy, you cropped just one part of an article and posted here, I posted the remaining part that you deliberately left out and you're asking me rest of the information.... grin

When you posted your own, did you post the complete article?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:38pm On Mar 21
BlueRayDick:

But does it even make sense for an airline being an international business to keep substantial sum in their Naira account knowing how volatile the naira is against the dollar?

I never really understand the story between CBN & the airline operators sha

From the little I understand, the foreign airlines want to repatriate the funds they make in Nigeria back to their home country. To do so, they must change their naira to dollar from the CBN who will then credit their HQ.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:41pm On Mar 21
Itsrm:

But it's the right and correct thing to do. Whatever loss they incur will be under fx devaluation loss. The CBN cannot and will not give them $$ at the former 460. They are jonzing.

Like it was pointed out in the business day news, the CBN has deposited their own with the banks, when they are ready, they will go and pick it up there.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:42pm On Mar 21
grin

.....as dem dey wait, dey hope make the good news turn sad news, make I dey pin am here.

https://guardian.ng/business-services/naira-eyes-n1300-at-parallel-market-as-speculators-offload-fx/

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:44pm On Mar 21
larride:

But it's the right and correct thing to do. Whatever loss they incur will be under fx devaluation loss. The CBN cannot and will not give them $$ at the former 460. They are jonzing.

Like it was pointed out in the business day news, the CBN has deposited their own with the banks, when they are ready, they will go and pick it up there.

That's the way I see it too. If the Naira had strengthened to 360, they would have rushed to cash it out of NAFEM.

It's one of the risks of doing business in an unstable environment as ours.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:45pm On Mar 21
larride:

grin

.....ko ju bẹ lọ.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:49pm On Mar 21
larride:

From the little I understand, the foreign airlines want to repatriate the funds they make in Nigeria back to their home country. To do so, they must change their naira to dollar from the CBN who will then credit their HQ.

Why didn't they repatriate the amount in dollars under Buahri when naira was a little bit stable against the dollar ?

I'm guessing it's because naija CBN didn't have enough dollars in the system to let go that period right ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:49pm On Mar 21
Ellexy:
This guy, you cropped just one part of an article and posted here, I posted the remaining part that you deliberately left out and you're asking me rest of the information.... grin

When you posted your own, did you post the complete article?

grin

......again, you and off point. Your colleague in Obidient Camp shared a Screenshot to discredit CBN and FG.

I shared other part that throws more light to the story, but this you toeing path of your friend as expected - mob move. LOL!

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:50pm On Mar 21
Itsrm:

That's the way I see it too. If the Naira had strengthened to 360, they would have rushed to cash it out of NAFEM.

It's one of the risks of doing business in an unstable environment as ours.

But it was the CBN that begged for their FX, and promised to provide it at a further date.

This won't speak well for us in the eyes of foreign investors.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 5:50pm On Mar 21
larride:

CBN is obliged to give them at N460 as that was the rate when they forwarded to CBN. The foreign exchange risk is on CBN

If true, nobody will bring their investment to Nigeria and expose themselves to such risk

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:53pm On Mar 21
BlueRayDick:

Why didn't they repatriate the amount in dollars under Buahri when naira was a little bit stable against the dollar ?

I'm guessing it's because naija CBN didn't have enough dollars in the system to let go that period right ?

Exactly. There was no dollar to give them because the CBN was using every available dollar to defend the currency. That's why the CBN cannot afford to force the naira down. They will run into the same problems as the previous administration.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4455) (4456) (4457) (4458) (4459) (4460) (4461) ... (4707) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: TemporaryHansel, Theflint1(m), Realtord43, GloriousGbola, afrodoc2 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.