Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,571 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1500291 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4454) (4455) (4456) (4457) (4458) (4459) (4460) ... (4705) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 12:43pm On Mar 21
raumdeuter:

What's the resources of Finland and what's their population

I am looking at the corruption angle. Look at the one Betta Edu was handling. It has been suspended for now because of corruption.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:43pm On Mar 21
iamoyindamola:

What do they have to offer us than breeding multiple population for election

They actually offer us food, most of the agricultural produce we eat in this country are planted in the north.

My issue with people like Gumi is that instead of them holding their leaders accountable on how well they use allocations they get from the federal purse; they will rather be expecting FG to still cater for the needs of their people. What are their leaders doing about education? Why must they focus more on religion than education and other factors that lead to improvement of their standard of living in the nearest future?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 12:44pm On Mar 21
BlueRayDick:

He's getting too annoying at this point in time. Imagine him saying terrorists don't have financiers, so they just found guns ammunitions on the road abi? They didn't buy them? Nobody gave them money to buy them?

Most of his arguments don't even make any sense. He wants federal government to negotiate with the kidnappers and bandits because he feels they embraced crime out of necessity. So federal government must strike a deal with them. smh

Maybe all of us too should embrace crime because country is hard and then force FG to come and negotiate with us.

One thing I noticed is that the man somehow believes the whatever deal was struck with Niger Deltan militants, same thing must be struck with his brothers in Sambisa and other forests in the north. He obviously thinks the Niger Delta situation (where oil exploration has left so many communities degraded environmentally ) is the same with the situation in the north.

You don talk am finish. He always references the Niger Delta situation but they are not exactly the same.

Not forgetting that a lot of people in government were also against paying amnesty to militants.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 12:46pm On Mar 21
BlueRayDick:

They actually offer us food, most of the agricultural produce we eat in this country are planted in the north.

My issue with people like Gumi is that instead of them holding their leaders accountable on how well they use allocations they get from the federal purse; they will rather be expecting FG to still cater for the needs of their people. What are their leaders doing about education? Why must they focus more on religion than education and other factors that lead to improvement of their standard of living in the nearest future?
Not free
The government invested in them a lot

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 12:46pm On Mar 21
OasisX:

grin

......not in cash.

Buying does not mean cash na. Never bought USD in cash. It's more expensive than transfer. Besides, what do I need it for?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:46pm On Mar 21
iamoyindamola:

Not free
The government invested in them a lot

Yeah, sure.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:52pm On Mar 21
Itsrm:

You don talk am finish. He always references the Niger Delta situation but they are not exactly the same.

Not forgetting that a lot of people in government were also against paying amnesty to militants.

If he's educated and he reasons like that, only God knows how those that didn't see the four walls of a school will be thinking.

To think Gumi is actually a trained medical doctor who served in the army and retired as a captain. Yet he's advocating government should strike deal with Bandits and terrorists who of their own volition embraced crime against their own country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 12:53pm On Mar 21
Itsrm:

Buying does not mean cash na. Never bought USD in cash. It's more expensive than transfer. Besides, what do I need it for?

grin

.....thought you wanna get from black market, from Aboki. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:56pm On Mar 21
Itsrm:

Thought you were advising us to buy the dip grin

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 12:58pm On Mar 21
Don't mind the silly man and other Northern politicians who share this frankly ridiculous view.

What's happening in the North is mostly self inflicted with lack of governance over the decades allowing boko haram, banditry and terrorism to fester.

Yes there's also misgovernance in many Niger Delta States but it's a foregone fact the FG in years past allowed oil companies to pollute and ruin the land for the locals.

The North if they get their act together are sitting on a gold mine literally and figuratively but it's easier to blame others for one's personal misfortune.

Itsrm:

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 1:03pm On Mar 21
If Southern state governors were up and doing some Northern politicians wouldn't be able to use the bold to blackmail the rest of the country.

Apart from Lagos no State down south has an excuse not to engage in some high scale industrial farming but undecided

BlueRayDick:

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:04pm On Mar 21
chrisooblog:
If Southern state governors were up and doing some Northern politicians wouldn't be able to use the bold to blackmail the rest of the country.

Apart from Lagos no State down south has an excuse not to engage in some high scale industrial farming but undecided

Thank you
That region always feel entitled like without them there's no nigeria
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:09pm On Mar 21
BlueRayDick:

As far as I can tell, They don't offer us food because it is all individuated subsistence farming. It is Niger state that is actually investing in agriculture proper
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:10pm On Mar 21
grin

......I pity customers patronising local bars in Lagos. Na poison una no dey consume. LOL!

https://twitter.com/BenHundeyin/status/1770783572820947172?t=rkd5_kT6Em2OeSTj9O36rg&s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:11pm On Mar 21
chrisooblog:

Yeah, that's where southern governors have their own fault and I think it's politics that did that to us.

There's no reason why governors of states like Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Osun and Ekiti can't fund agriculture on an industrial scale. Aside from Osun and maybe Ekiti that have parts of the states surrounded by rocks, most of the Southwestern states have good arable land that will yield good produce.

But since the governors are not really supporting agriculture as much as they should, when u go to those states u see that people who used to farm before now ride bikes, keke and korope to keep body & soul together.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:11pm On Mar 21
GloriousGbola:

As far as I can tell, They don't offer us food because it is all individuated subsistence farming. It is Niger state that is actually investing in agriculture proper

grin

.....แบธฬ€gbแปฬn mi, make we no lie, dem dey offer us foods for South. Dem dey even offer us pass foods sef, cos beefs join.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:15pm On Mar 21
GloriousGbola:

If u know the number of trailers loaded with food items that enter Mile 12 food market in Ketu daily, u will know that the north actually feeds the south.

Just stay few hours at Ojodu Berger and u will be amazed at the number of trucks loaded with livestock, pepper, tomatoes, yam, vegetables, etc that entered Lagos from the north.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:20pm On Mar 21
BlueRayDick:

If u know the number of trailers loaded with food items that enter Mile 12 food market in Ketu daily, u will know that the north actually feeds the south.

Just stay few hours at Ojodu Berger and u will be amazed at the number of trucks loaded with livestock, pepper, tomatoes, yam, vegetables, etc that entered Lagos from the north.

No be lie. It's part of the reason why food stuff price dey always hike during Ramadan
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:20pm On Mar 21
BlueRayDick:

This is what I am saying. Is the food from the north funded or subsidized by their state governments in any way?

Anambra state can lay claim to hero beer as they invested in the distillery - can kano state lay claim to the cows in kano? Did kano state provide land, or medication or transport? Is there actually any difference between the governors up north and down south in this regard, outside of the Niger state government?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:21pm On Mar 21
OasisX:

grin

.....thought you wanna get from black market, from Aboki. LOL!

Even if I get from Aboki, it won't be cash. In most cases, Abokis are not the ones selling directly to you. They just act as middle men.

Lets say I want to buy.

The actual seller will send dollar to my dom account while I'll pay naira to Aboki. It's the Aboki who will now settle the seller after he removes his cut.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:26pm On Mar 21
Itsrm:

Even if I get from Aboki, it won't be cash. In most cases, Abokis are not the ones selling directly to you. They just act as middle men.

Lets say I want to buy.

The actual seller will send dollar to my dom account while I'll pay naira to Aboki. It's ythe Aboki who will now settle the seller after he removes his own cut.

grin

.....oh, I gerrit bro. You don't deal with cash.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:33pm On Mar 21
GloriousGbola:

This is what I am saying. Is the food from the north funded or subsidized by their state governments in any way?

Anambra state can lay claim to hero beer as they invested in the distillery - can kano state lay claim to the cows in kano? Did kano state provide land, or medication or transport? Is there actually any difference between the governors up north and down south in this regard, outside of the Niger state government?

When we say the north, we actually mean the people of the north. Not necessarily claiming the northern governors funded the agricultural efforts.

But u know the funny thing is the government of those northern states can actually stop food items from coming down south. The governor just needs to sign one yeye executive order and send state agencies officials to stop any truck coming down south with agricultural products.

That being said, our governors down south can actually encourage agriculture if they want to. They can provide agricultural loans with low interest rates to people interested in agriculture, give tax incentives and provide security for designated farm settlements such that herders who are caught with their hard on those farm settlement will be severely dealt with.

I mean we can also go ultra if we want to.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 1:36pm On Mar 21
larride:
Been a while we've seen Amoto here. I hope he's okay?

Yeah, he's fine. I just spoke with him. Kinda of busy these days.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:41pm On Mar 21
BlueRayDick:

When we say the north, we actually mean the people of the north. Not necessarily claiming the northern governors funded the agricultural efforts.

But u know the funny thing is the government of those northern states can actually stop food items from coming down south. The governor just needs to sign one yeye executive order and send state agencies officials to stop any truck coming down south with agricultural products.

That being said, our governors down south can actually encourage agriculture if they want to. They can provide agricultural loans with low interest rates to people interested in agriculture, give tax incentives and provide security for designated farm settlements such that herders who are caught with their hard on those farm settlement will be severely dealt with.

I mean we can also go ultra if we want to.

So who go come buy or chop the produce then?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:47pm On Mar 21
reccy:

Yeah, he's fine. I just spoke with him. Kinda of busy these days.

Thank you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:52pm On Mar 21
izzou:

So who go come buy or chop the produce then?

They can't sustain it for long noni . The food items will go bad.

They can also sell to other countries but not as much as they sell down south here
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 2:15pm On Mar 21
Exactly. Even Osun and Ekiti have precious minerals like gold and the likes to compensate for lack of arable land. To be fair I just remembered that the Ekiti state government 2-3 years back imported some cattle from was it UK or US? Can't remember but they launched a ranch/dairy farm initiative but don't know how far they have progressed.

BlueRayDick:

Yeah, that's where southern governors have their own fault and I think it's politics that did that to us.

There's no reason why governors of states like Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Osun and Ekiti can't fund agriculture on an industrial scale. Aside from Osun and maybe Ekiti that have parts of the states surrounded by rocks, most of the Southwestern states have good arable land that will yield good produce.

But since the governors are not really supporting agriculture as much as they should, when u go to those states u see that people who used to farm before now ride bikes, keke and korope to keep body & soul together.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 2:31pm On Mar 21
BlueRayDick:
What I realy don't know is why this Gumi man is still a free man undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/8037110/labelling-some-nigerians-terrorism-sponsors
Just take a look at this. Someone that should be in solitary confinement by now..

https://twitter.com/Nwaadaz/status/1770731697518084180?t=nsg0hfxz0HHseYts31OQ0A&s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 2:37pm On Mar 21
Ellexy:
Just take a look at this. Someone that should be in solitary confinement by now..

https://twitter.com/Nwaadaz/status/1770731697518084180?t=nsg0hfxz0HHseYts31OQ0A&s=19

What the guy wrote in the tweet is wrong though. The woman never said they gave Gunmi the money.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 2:47pm On Mar 21
Ibime:

You are all over the place, confusing defending of Naira with FX to printing money. Meffy spent $11bln in 7 months in legitimately earned FX to DEFEND Naira. This is not the same as printing Naira. So if you can't distinguish between the two. what further conversation is there to have?

The 7 months of Meffy spending FX is just a snapshot of time. Meffy spends FX every month like any CBN Governor, so you putting a finite date on it just shows you lack understanding of what you are debating. Defending of Naira with FX is an ongoing process that never stops, from 1980 till now. Even Cardoso is doing It now but to a much lesser extent and with much more limited FX. It must be done year in, year out, month in, month out to keep Naira value stable. Sanusi over the course of his tenure defended Naira with over $20bln in legitimately earned FX for example. Tinubu met the FX depleted because Meffy had pledged most of our FX as collateral against Govt borrowing, and that's why Naira is gyrating.

Simple and plain, YES at the bolded.

It is my job to give you information. It is your job to interpret based on your level of understanding, or to run agenda based on your political affiliation.
The FX spent within that time frame was what Oasis brought up as an excuse for why naira massively lost value against the dollar when Tinubu came in. He brought it up, I didn't.

As for agenda, it's a normal thing here, Oasis brought a headline for agenda, I countered with my own agenda. All is fair in love and war here. Don't act surprised.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chidekings(m): 2:47pm On Mar 21
Itsrm:
https://www.nairaland.com/8037068/naira-eyes-n1300-parallel-market

Now, it looks like someone in the govt. is sponsoring these headlines. grin

forget politics for once,last two days....it got to 1350 on kukoin.i even bought some.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 2:50pm On Mar 21
Itsrm:

What the guy wrote in the tweet is wrong though. The woman never said they gave Gunmi the money.
But the person they gave the money according to the woman came to the meeting at Gumi's place.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4454) (4455) (4456) (4457) (4458) (4459) (4460) ... (4705) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mรฉs Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: nihilistjnr and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.