Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,145 members, 7,829,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

My Job Is Ruining My Family - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Job Is Ruining My Family (22612 Views)

What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Mikesol: 6:09am On Jun 22, 2022
Please don't
It's a manipulative set-up
There is no job in the country or anywhere, especially as you're being paid well
I've experienced this before...
You'll become the most stupid and useless from the most respectable and presentable

Stand strong and don't dare
Tell them time will come
A girlfriend is not a wife, and even so some wives are not to be trusted talk more of girlfriend
She isn't yours yet, she is in university, what does she know?
Only sex and money as it seems
Don't brother
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by SUXXI(m): 6:32am On Jun 22, 2022
Family is over rated.My dad told me not to study computer that I should study economics or geography. I told him I want to study computer and he said if that is my choice,I will train myself in school.I still went and studied computer and it is what I used to train my younger ones and assit them.The world now revolves round computer.If you follow what your mother says.You will SUFFER.I repeat, you will SUFFER.is she breastfeeding you that she wants you to quit your job and come and stay home with her?For what na?
You are a man and I appreciate all the effort and sacrifice you put in taking care of your family and your work.Did I mention anything about your girlfriend?CAPITAL NO!!!She is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT as she is a DESTINY DESTROYER.A wife material will look for ways to bring family together and not scatter the family.Her agenda is now your family agenda for you to quit your job.DONT YOU EVER QUIT YOUR JOB O.Your family will rain insults on you and your life when you cannot provide for them.I am speaking from experience when I was assisting a family member and I stopped providing for them.They dragged me up and down reported me to different person that I REFUSE TO help them but will help others.Put everything in prayers and focus on your work and promotion.She is not your wife to make such life changing decisions for you.
I also like the suggestion of getting 1 month leave and telling then you were sacked.This time you dont have a dime to provide for them as you dont have a job.You will see their TRUE COLOURS.You will be the one asking them to support you financially.
Humans are ungrateful creatures even if you are their sole helpers,they will still bring you down so all of una go suffer.Your girlfriend is not a wife material but someone you need to dump and avoid at all cost.Your life depends on the choices and decisions you make sir.Keep up the good work of doing your best to provide for your family and other ungrateful elements

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Microwhy: 7:24am On Jun 22, 2022
elimsun:
Good day great people of nairaland. I'll make this as short as possible and forgive my typo errors.
I've been working in this construction firm for the past five years together with taking care of my family and my girlfriend who has been in school but due to ASUU strike, now at home.
I'm usually busy and spend less time at home except on weekends - Sundays.
Recently, my girlfriend has been talking me into changing the nature of my work to another job that will afford me the opportunity to give more time to my family and her. I insisted that I'll need more time to be able to find another job but she will not have it that way.
Seems to spoke to my mother about it and it's now hell in the home with my mother threatening she will kill herself if I don't quit the job. This job is something I have used in completing my house and paying the fees of my girlfriend.
Lest I forget, I got the hint that my manager is considering me for a promotion and my quitting the job might just spell doom on me!

I'll appreciate all your suggestions, advice and criticism. I'm really in a fix!
Is like you don't know what it means to be penniless. In this regime, you'll go penniless if you don't use your head.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by FuckSilly: 7:33am On Jun 22, 2022
elimsun:
Good day great people of nairaland. I'll make this as short as possible and forgive my typo errors.
I've been working in this construction firm for the past five years together with taking care of my family and my girlfriend who has been in school but due to ASUU strike, now at home.
Recently, my girlfriend has been talking me into changing the nature of my work to another job that will afford me the opportunity to give more time to my family and her. I insisted that I'll need more time to be able to find another job but she will not have it that way.
Seems to spoke to my mother about it and it's now hell in the home with my mother threatening she will kill herself if I don't quit the job. This job is something I have used in completing my house and paying the fees of my girlfriend.
Lest I forget, I got the hint that my manager is considering me for a promotion and my quitting the job might just spell doom on me!

I'll appreciate all your suggestions, advice and criticism. I'm really in a fix!
Ask that your girlfriend to go naked or with Bible or Quran or Ogun to swear that since you started dating and sponsoring her, she has never slept with another man.
Then come back to make decision on the stupid thing they are telling you.

Women have ruined a lot of great men since the days of Adam and Eve. It doesn't matter if it's a mother, wife or daughter, THEY ARE MOSTLY ALL THE SAME.

If I were you, I'll ask them to give me 3 months to prepare and look for another job and within the 3 months, I WON'T GIVE THEM A KOBO.

I'm very sure that this will reset their brain and leave you to be at peace with your job.

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by ejieddy: 7:43am On Jun 22, 2022
My brother, it's not sustainable to have a family where you are less available. True, your 'girlfriend' (I hate that word, would prefer of she was your fiancee) may be melodramatic, and irrational in the way she's presenting it but she's right. A woman's first need isn't money, but attention. You can't give her that much if you aren't always around or you risk someone else filling that void if you know what I mean.

About your job, now isn't the time to quit. Come up with a plan. Talk to her about it. You guys need a plan but that plan must include you being at home much more than you are. Believe me, nothing makes a marriage boring than absence. You need to be more available. I am married and I have been in your shoes. It's not easy bro.

Can you talk to your boss about more time? You seem to be very good at your job so you have a good rapport with your bosses. Every good man would understand family. Can they give you more time and probably increase your workload on the days you are around? Even your children will need you. Eventually my brother, you will leave that job, but if you have lost your family before you leave the job to either something better or your business, you will be miserable. Family is everything bro. I'm not saying this because of your 'girlfriend' o because I really am not sure about her but this is reality. We have too many issues in this world because of dysfunctional families and it starts with the father not always being around because of work. God didn't create you for work alone. I'm not saying you shouldn't work o. But may God give you wisdom sir.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by benqo01(m): 8:44am On Jun 22, 2022
So your girlfriend wants you to quit your job? Lol some girls can be very funny, this same girl will even ditch you when you finally leave that job.

Do you know how hard it is to get a job in this present Nigeria,and besides you have already built a strong relationship with your boss at your work place please don't try such
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by CleanInAll: 8:45am On Jun 22, 2022
deavicky:
get a stove stop putting urself under pressure.

Kerosene is almost the same with gas. No place for the poor and average again in Nigeria.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by jesmond3945: 8:56am On Jun 22, 2022
elimsun:

mumu man. You dey follow woman talk. The same gf would leave you when you loose that job or leave for another one. Find something for her to keep her occupied, she has enough time in her hands.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Hoinmard77(m): 9:04am On Jun 22, 2022
Please QUIT!!!
But six months before you do, stop financing your mum and girlfriend not even a dime and watch their reactions, comments about your new attitude ... Any lesson you will learn in this period is the reality of what becomes of you if you consider their advice.....
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Olumaeme: 9:07am On Jun 22, 2022
My brother, let her kill herself.

Don't let anybody blackmail you.

Or rather, tell them to give you another job that pays more.

They are showing you all this care because you have money, when you don't, they will not respect you and one thing about women is that, at the end of the day, they will blame you for heeding to their own advice.

You are paying your girlfriend school fees? Una no dey always learn.

Best of Luck!
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by ayotade09(m): 10:38am On Jun 22, 2022
Baba no even think am na your life first before anybody job no Dey outside except you want to start pos business
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by BluntCrazeMan: 4:33am On Jul 05, 2022
elimsun:

This kind of girlfriend will abandon you after she graduates
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Mimiwems2(f): 11:51am On Sep 08, 2022
CleanInAll:

Kerosene is almost the same with gas. No place for the poor and average again in Nigeria.

Save money from buying gas all the time
�Is smokeless safe and burn flame like gas stove
�Faster and is very affordable.
�Cooking with ease and low cost...
�50% reduction in smoke and toxic emission.
�Cool all meal under short time.
�60% improvement in cooking efficiency.
�Keeps your pot sparkling clean,
�no more fear of gas explosions.
�Roast, Bake, fry your foods and
�cook your delicious beans
This is always your rescue when your gas finish.
Available

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Widow Who Rides A Keke Napep For A Living Shares Her Emotional Story (photos) / Corper Or Corp Member Which Is Right? / How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.