Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,455 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

My Father Is A Very Lazy Person - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Is A Very Lazy Person (34860 Views)

Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! / My Teenage Sister Already Having Sex With Yahoo Boys & My Father Is An Extremist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by Lizzydonnah(f): 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2022
OP, to be sincere you don't need the distraction of a girlfriend for now.
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by almarthins(m): 12:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
Alapojames:
Op this one that you have a girl, it will definitely slow you down in terms of saving..
Yours is even better, at least your father is footing the bill of your school fees..
Stay away from virginal people for na..
There is no relationship without expenses as far 9ja is involved...

I think say na only see am o!
E beta dey think separation before she go do am strong thing wey make commit succide.
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by Zelenskyy(m): 12:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
You are truly your father's son...

If you don't retrace your steps and get rid of that girlfriend of yours, your children may come on Nairaland tomorrow and wail about you too...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
Samakus:

300l, broke and feeling depressed? And you're already bringing girl home?

I see you being like your father if you don't advice yourself

See the way you're addressing your father. Even if he failed, can't you take solace and continue? There are a lot of guys training themselves in school. A lot. You even have someone training you in school and you're here ranting

I won't reply you of course. Bye

Which kind of father collects money from a child he's still training in school. Using his right hand to give and the left hand to collect back what was given. I don't pray for such an entitled father. It's his responsibility to train his child in school.

That said, Op, you shouldn't have a gf now.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by blue01(m): 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
boyfwend:

She only came for holidays, not as she stays over here with me.
Moreover, this is not the first time of her coming to my place. My parents are aware of her.

As banny don dey lap your unit just pray make she no carry bele for you at this level or else tins go spoil for your end, and this one wey you don dey reason to throw yourself overboard guy no reason am again o the matter never reach like that. USE YOUR HEAD.
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by coputa(m): 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
Kollins11:
You need to take things easy with you father. Generally life isn't easy.

There are some people who don't even have parents to see them through school but are struggling to send their selves to school and take care of other bills.

Life fvcks some of us with condom, while some without condom... Just be ready to hustle for yourself every M orning, A fternoon, N ight, because that's what makes you a MAN

Find hand work to do. Most students who were doing side hustle in school were never worried about finding job after graduation. They continued with their hustle and they are all doing very well. Good luck to you.

BTW, my advice to all prospective fathers.. Please if you're a lazy man, don't give birth to many children you can't take care of... Atleast 1 or 2 kids are enough for you.
Nor be who nor born pickin de get money pass for life o. Nor be to sleep for woman top dem take dey born boy o.Life is a mystry.
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by staga: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
boyfwend:
Sorry to bother y'all.

So let me brief you all a little bit about myself, I'm the first son of a family of five. Also a 300-level student, all my life I have been depressing and saddened by the kind of family I found myself in.

First of all, I must commend my dad for pulling me from secondary level to University.
The only thing I know my dad does for me is to pay my school fees and he leaves me with no other choice again.
Let me clear y'all a lot about him.

Second of all, he does nothing, he's one of the Niger Delta amnesty beneficiaries which occurred some years ago. Ever since then, he depend on all that money to train five children.
He's a stay-at-home dad, lol!
My dad left me with depression and hunger for me to deal with here in school.

Now, what got me annoyed to bring this issue here is, that I came back home for some weeks now to sustain myself because I have been going through a lot over there.
The little work that I use to do here in the village, was to get small money for myself and the girl that I brought home. This man has been relying on me all this while to be bringing money for feeding and any household stuff.

I have been here for two months now, working from Monday to Sunday and coming back late at night without any single savings on me.
I cry every night, laying curses on myself and that angel that made me become a first child.

I give this man every money, ranging from the one he will use and smoke, eat, soap, etc.
All he does is stay in the house from morning to night.

I'm tired!

School is depressing me, I have many courses that I am having issues with and no money to fix all these courses, and I have just a year to leave this school.
Home is also making me choose suicide as the only option left.

Whenever I tell him I don't have money, he blows up and starts threatening me about how he's going to withdraw from assisting me academically.

I'm tired!!

Yes, so you are a beneficiary of that N60,000 - N100,000 monthly payment that has been going on since 2009. Also, like a typical Niger Delta man, you already have a girl you have brought home when you cannot manage yourself. I have no pity for you.

Your tribe hates the Igbo with all their might. Yet the Igbo who were given 20 pounds after the war, took that money and turned their fortunes around. You will never see an Igbo man waiting for government to pay them money without work. They hustled their way out of poverty and still do it now.

I will advise you. Go and apprentice yourself to an Igbo businessman or tradesman. They will teach you things your dad never taught you and can never teach you. Suicide is not an option.

As for your dad, manage him until you get your degree, then you cut him off.

5 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by staga: 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
nighter:

Which kind of father collects money from a child he's still training in school. Using his right hand to give and the left hand to collect back what was given. I don't pray for such an entitled father. It's his responsibility to train his child in school.

I will not name tribes. But this is super common in the Niger Delta.
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by Samakus(m): 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
nighter:

Obviously the father failed. Nobody is disputing that. But the son should take heed. He's already towing the path of the father without knowing it

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by callthefred: 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
I won't call you an idiot neither will I blame your dad. However, I need you're not been smart enough. Consider even a small business like rearing goats alone or even snail. You'll thank me 1 year later.

I used to be part of those shouting government is this, my parents are that until I discovered that heaven only helps those who help themselves. In Nigeria even that school would be a scam because to get the best job you'll pay for it but if you have some side hustle, you'll decide how to live your life...when to wake up and when to sleep. God help us all. Take the initiative.

Those who call you stingy now would be first to gossip about you. Forget your dad or siblings and use whatever you make the next one year to start any of those hustle I told you. That's my cruel advice but reflect on it.
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by Mrtaye: 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
tayo60:
U are in 300 level with a relationship of two years, that means you started dating her in 100 level. When you suppose dey hussle and reason how your life go better, you dey dia dey fu*ck kpekus, small boy like you. E go soo clear for your eyes!
Lolz kpekus na him mate
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by Samakus(m): 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2022
Henix:

A father is allegedly lazy, while a son at 300L is already bringing a girl home.

Meanwhile, the 300L son who is complaining of his father being lazy doesn't even know that some of his mates are the ones training themselves in school

No be juju be that
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by Omotosho1090905(m): 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2022
No worry youself go soon realise what it takes to be a father when you give that girl you brought home belle

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by Samakus(m): 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
nedekid:

Hmm, I was waiting for someone else to talk. You said it all.
What about those that don't have fathers?
I know a very very pretty girl that because an ophan at the age of 23 with 2 siblings to take care of here in Lagos.
Rent, feeding, medical bills, school fees everything feel on her shoulders.
You know what, she did not have a job when it happened. She was looking for admission and so were her siblings.

Chai. I feel for her. It's well

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by 43Ronin: 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2022
You are broke but you are bringing woman home? You are no dft from your father. Instead of you to focus on ur hustle and school u bring woman home and expect your dad not to think that you have money

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by ajayiopy: 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2022
boyfwend:
Sorry to bother y'all.

So let me brief you all a little bit about myself, I'm the first son of a family of five. Also a 300-level student, all my life I have been depressing and saddened by the kind of family I found myself in.

First of all, I must commend my dad for pulling me from secondary level to University.
The only thing I know my dad does for me is to pay my school fees and he leaves me with no other choice again.

Second of all, he does nothing, he's one of the Niger Delta amnesty beneficiaries which occurred some years ago. Ever since then, he depend on all that money to train five children.

Now, what got me annoyed to bring this issue here is, that I came back home for some weeks now to sustain myself because I have been going through a lot over there.
The little work that I use to do here in the village, was to get small money for myself and the girl that I brought home. This man has been relying on me all this while to be bringing money for feeding and any household stuff.

I have been here for two months now, working from Monday to Sunday and coming back late at night without any single savings on me.
I cry every night, laying curses on myself and that angel that made me become a first child.

I give this man every money, ranging from the one he will use and smoke, eat, soap, etc.

I'm tired!

School is depressing me, I have many courses that I am having issues with and no money to fix all these courses, and I have just a year to leave this school.

Whenever I tell him I don't have money, he blows up and starts threatening me about how he's going to withdraw from assisting me academically.

I'm tired!!

THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM
The little work that I use to do here in the village, was to get small money for myself and the girl that I brought home
You need to bring yourself up first before considering anyone else. I
For your information ,i left my family at age 17 and i thank God i did because i actually wanted to build my life from level zero and i can boldly tell you that absolute dependency on God is key.
@age 19,i got two scholarships from chevron and fed govt. Infact i left FUTA with the sum of 120k in the year 2004.
Guys don't look at the problem ,learn how to see opportunities in every problem.
i know it is not easy but you can actually find a way out of it.
look for freelance companies online,learn skills and soonest you will testify if only you believe in God and yourself
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by goshen26: 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2022
It is well.

Come to think of it; he tried that he's paying your school and that should at least be a succour to u.

If you are determined to be educated find some side Hussle to do.

My dad wanted to train me but he made mistake earlier in life by impregnating another woman after his family felt that my mum won't have children. Glory to God that six years of waiting came to an end with me. Not that my mum does not get pregnant but still birth disturbed her.

When I came it was same time the other woman had a girl and she's few months older.

The above hinder my dad from having money to send me to higher institution. All thanks to members from church that send stipend to me and also go to my uncle in a town close to my school to farm so I can get food stuff.

Mum was doing menial jobs to also send money too...

Being an Electrical student, I do help co students to fix hot plate.

So guy, dust up your depression and be prepared to be a champion.
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by northbird: 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2022
boyfwend:
Sorry to bother y'all.

[b]The little work that I use to do here in the village, was to get small money for myself and the girl that I brought home. [/b]This man has been relying on me all this while to be bringing money for feeding and any household stuff.

I'm tired!

I'm tired!!

1.Show serious respect to your father. He still pays your school fees. You have 4 other siblings, so the money has to go round.

2.You lack focus. With all the issues on ground and your challenges with your coursework. You are broke and you had the effontery to house a lady.... You lack focus, you still go ahead to dissipate the golden fluid in you.
That explains why you are disoriented .Young man, stop wasting your shine.

3.You have an entitlement mentality. Change it. Nobody owes you Jack. Not even your father.

3 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by frozen70(f): 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2022
boyfwend:
Sorry to bother y'all.

I'm tired!

I'm tired!!

You have to withdraw all the curses you have made to your self out of frustration

Your dad has always been a lazy man, now you know what your mum went through

So brace yourself up

Who is that girl you came home with

If you came home with your girlfriend, then you are the one making yourself go into frustration and depression

Which do you prefer, to feed another man's daughter at a very poor level of your status or to bring yourself out of poverty and struggling that you are facing

If the first born is going through all these, what do you think will be the fate of the other children

And who do you think they will come to when dad can't do beyond school fees

Your case is like a disabled man using walking sticks yet backed an able woman just because you don't want her to suffer but you are suffering already

Anyway use your head

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by Tobi890: 1:07pm On Jun 21, 2022
tayo60:
U are in 300 level with a relationship of two years, that means you started dating her in 100 level. When you suppose dey hussle and reason how your life go better, you dey dia dey fu*ck kpekus, small boy like you. E go soo clear for your eyes!
What's your business, if he fu*ck or not? Even calling him a small boy, angry
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by Jaiye4sure: 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
boyfwend:
Sorry to bother y'all.

I'm tired!

I'm tired!!
You are a lucky boy if you compare my situation with yours. For md, I had to c myself and my immediate younger bro through school, with no support from both parents.N7ow my dad is coming back home after eight years of abandoning us with another woman saying he lost his wife who died during child birth. Guess what this woman was delivered of a triplet. Am so sure these children are now my responsibility because my dad is now 56years and with no job. The most annoying thing is that all these are happening in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by Udoskybest: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2022
U aint responsible op, u no get money but u dey carry girl come house

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by playfrank(m): 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2022
You don rebel your father shai by calling him out like this
boyfwend:
Sorry to bother y'all.

I'm tired!

I'm tired!!
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by shantti(m): 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2022
grin grin I like the way nairalanders put tribalism and religion aside and unanimously lamblasted the o.p for bringing a girl home.

The o.p nah mumu. You r struggling, u still add girl join. Kudos

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by kals4luv990(m): 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2022
Oga na 300L student,oga dey hustle to feed himself,family and school,baba come carry girl come house,baba dey swear for im papa for being USELESS,imagine say baba come Gv that girl belle now,no b bend down select juju b dat? cheesy

Waow I think baba should b directing dat swearing to his village people wey don carry toto come block im future
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by Dewicy(f): 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2022
You wrote this to gain sympathy, but you don't deserve any...
The truth have to be told,
I grew up in a struggling home, where we children worked and supported our family with all our income, my self and my brothers Did it with joy, although not easy, this contributed to us been responsible adult today ..

I would have termed you a young responsible adult not until where I saw in your post that u bring in a girl to your house, and how you justified your actions.

Young man you are not serious...

Do u think u are the first with this problem, I went through uni without hope of upkeep money , without any hope of getting school fees it's never easy Yes...

Oga you had better sit right and
Brace yourself to the task and take away distraction
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by Saintmary(f): 1:16pm On Jun 21, 2022
boyfwend:
Sorry to bother y'all.

I'm tired!

I'm tired!!

The more you see your dad as the cause of your misfortunes, the harder it will be for you to rise.
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by ngwababe(f): 1:17pm On Jun 21, 2022
How you people value sex over comfort dey mad me. See your level of suffering, you still carry woman join body? Hope say she dey work, and she dey help you?
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by kals4luv990(m): 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
frozen70:

You have to withdraw all the curse you have made to your self out of frustration

Your dad has always been a lazy man, now you know what your mum went through

So brace yourself up

Who is that girl you came home with

Pls answer the last paragraph
na the toto village wan use confuse seniorman destiny
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by Henix(m): 1:27pm On Jun 21, 2022
Samakus:

No be juju be that

Na the life of Niger Delta people be that. I'm surprised he is complaining of his father, while himself sees nothing wrong in his own abnormality. Even a daughter can bring her boyfriend home to sleep over as many days as he wants, without the parents doing anything.

Over there in Niger Delta, once they woke up in the morning, the next thing is to gather at different community halls and village squares and start drinking kaikai (local gin)
Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by Flipmac(m): 1:29pm On Jun 21, 2022
moneyissweet:
Don't give up bro, No matter what, he is still your father. The problem of your father is that he don't have any experience. Any money that comes through violence" Militancy" will definitely go through violence

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Very Lazy Person by Harrykn: 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
Good comments from my senior comrades.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had / Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.