Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari (46804 Views)

Yahaya Bello Reveals Ahmed Usman Ododo As Preferred Successor / Buhari Backs Power Shift To South, Yet To Unveil Preferred Successor / Buhari: I won't mention the name of my Preferred Successor, he may Be Eliminated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by Lanrelagboi: 2:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari has declared that he is wholly behind the choice of the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

This is contained in the president’s written responses to questions posed by Bloomberg News.

Asked if he plans to endorse a candidate for president andm if so, who? Buhari said “Yes. I will endorse the APC candidate for president.”

Also, in defence of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor, Godwin Emeifele’s presidential bid, President Buhari said Emefiele was a victim of accusations because as apex bank governor he follows a model outside of the economic orthodoxy

According to him, “the CBN governor is appointed by the President. But this appointment is subject to confirmation by the Nigerian Senate.

“Ultimately, it will be for the CBN’s board of directors to determine whether a CBN governor’s actions have fallen foul of the laws in place to ensure he can most effectively carry out his duties.

“We urge those same international partners to take additional steps costing them nothing, by proscribing another group – IPOB – as a terrorist organisation.

“But there is a subtext to the accusations. Because the governor follows a model outside of the economic orthodoxy, he is labeled political. But the orthodoxy has proved wrong time and again.

“Instead, the governor is following an alternative economic model that puts people at the heart of policy. Nigeria should be free to choose its development model and how to construct our economy, so it functions for Nigerians.”

The president also insisted that western allies must designate the outlawed Indigenous Peoples Of Biafra (IPOB) as a terror group.

“Their leadership enjoys haven in the West, broadcasting hate speech into Nigeria from London, spending millions lobbying members of the US Congress, and freely using international financial networks to arm agitators on the ground. This must stop,” he added.

President Buhari also stated that his administration is the only one in Nigeria’s history to implement a solution to decades-long herder-farmer conflicts, exacerbated by desertification and demographic growth.

“The National Livestock Transformation Plan, putting ranching at its core, is the only way to deplete the competition for resources at the core of the clashes.

“Governors from some individual states have sought to play politics where ranches have been established, but where they have been disputes have dramatically reduced,” he stated.

On the rising killings due to blasphemy in the country, he said “No person has the right to take the law into his or her own hands. Christianity and Islam, our two Great Faiths and their Great Books have far more in common than they have apart.

“Nigeria has a long tradition of tolerance that we must draw on, and we must strive to find common ground. What comes out of this tragedy is to cherish what we share, while at the same time respecting our differences.”

https://leadership.ng/2023-tinubu-is-my-preferred-successor-says-buhari/

444 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by EmekaBlue(m): 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2022
Do quick and vacate that seat this man.

Worst leadership to mankind ever known

454 Likes 43 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by HITsquad: 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
For Buhari to endorse Tinubu proves he doesn't really want him to win...

He knows no sane Nigerian would vote any candidate that has his signature on them considering what he did to this country...

So Buhari endorsing Tinubu is that kind of "push" you push people from behind to fall off a cliff.

278 Likes 33 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:27pm On Jun 21, 2022
MKO abiola season 2 about to repeat itself

185 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by mycar: 2:27pm On Jun 21, 2022
But he was mute during the primaries, instead of endorsing his deputy, someone that served you diligently, took all the bullets for you. Very poor sense of judgement. He doesn't even have to force him on the party, just confide on El rufai . other governors will get the memo and they wouldn't have been in this VP dilemma

226 Likes 20 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2022
mycar:
before nko but during the primary was mute
That's why I said MKO abiola treatment about to repeat itself

Buhari never supported Tinubu in the primaries , he even created all sorts of obstacles to stop Tinubu from emerging as the flag bearer of APC but you know, Buhari is just a military man and not a real politician..

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by Xscape1993(m): 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
Evil party...

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by Totilopussylick(m): 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
EmekaBlue:
Do quick and vacate that seat this man.

Worst leadership to mankind ever known

It is either God is angry with Nigerians.

I still don't know why Nigeria politicians and the citizens prefer old men to rule Nigeria

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by Opolopoopolonio: 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2022
Piggiddioootts can't believe their eyes. They are in pains.

Piggiiddiootts amaka... grin

54 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by IgOga(m): 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2022
Nobody should desire Buhari's endorsement. Buhari brought Nigeria to her kneels.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 2:41pm On Jun 21, 2022

1 Like

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by cpu2006(m): 2:42pm On Jun 21, 2022
ok
Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by kurupt1: 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:
Piggiddioootts can't believe their eyes. They are in pains.

Piggiiddiootts amaka... grin

You know Tinubu has nothing to offer thats why you are whipping up ethnic sentiments because that's the only way Tinubu can get votes

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by TempUser: 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
wink Now let's rig things up grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by kingbee90: 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
Trust a Fulani man's praise singing at your own peril.
Tinubu was not Buhari's preferred candidate in the just concluded APC primaries. It was Lawan but Tinubu had to blackmail the cabal & insulted Buhari in Ogun state( about how Buhari cried on national TV after loosing several times) as well as bribing the delegates with his stolen Lagos money.
When Buhari takes his revenge Tinubu will not see it coming.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by Jahzrockballer(m): 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
Wahala
Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by Tecnophone: 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by ArmaniUhuru: 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
Failure wants another failure to succeed him.

Godforbid

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by updatechange(m): 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
Was he scared to mention he name?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by Lankyscot(m): 2:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
In the words of Patrick Obahiagbon, this is an ABYSMAL DISMAL PISMAL.

With due respect to this man called Buhari who is old enough to be my Father, but I must ask, " Is Buhari well? "

What and who do we believe? Today, we hear Buhari doesn't support Tinubu, tomorrow we hear that Buhari is supporting Tinubu...

My people, who do we believe sad shocked?

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by Dannyset(m): 2:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
grin

Those who once said he will be served breakfast after being denied the ticket are shedding tears, crying ekun egbere that MKO about to repeat itself.

Listen and listen good. You failed against Buhari. You failed during the primary. I congratulate you because you are going to fail again.

Tinubu is your next President.

Sorry!

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by AmGreat1234: 2:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
As for me and my wife, we are OBEDIENT.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by Built2last: 2:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
Take note, the question was posed by a foreign media.

Buhari is clever by half.

He knows that if he responds that he doesn't endorse anyone, he will be regarded as being anti-party.

He doesn't want the media to go out and report that he avoided endorsing his party Flag bearer.

If you understand Hausa. Tune in to Hausa BBC Radio. All they do there is insult Tinubu's age. Kwankwaso is at the center of discussion the North followed by Atiku and Obi has been brought up a few times.

13 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by Youngkhaleepha3(m): 2:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
Dead on arrival.
Get your pvc
Peter/kwankwaso

16 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by BobbyZrealist(m): 2:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
Who cares what u say? Pathological liar,who claims alpha and Omega.
The only thing I can tell Christians..... is that another Muslim should never rule us again.

If they don't agree,let everyone go and create their own country.
2023 go shock them.
It is time to wake up and act not sit down and pray.
The time is now or never.
I repeat!! It is now or never.

I am proudly Middle Beltan.

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by specialmati(m): 2:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin as buhari knows that nigeria are mostly stupid people because if they are not stupid how could they manage to vote him after the change he promised them, they didn't see next level was fire. So make him just give them his best friend Tinubu to give them the finish level. What a country and a people. They use suffering swear for una.well vote APC vote finish level

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by marsman: 2:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
History will record IPOB as the greatest loosers since the creation of this Nation after 2023. Evil never wins.
Buhari will do this, buhari will do that. Believe the hate filled entities at your own peril.

409 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by SHINJA: 2:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
shocked
Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by dragunov: 2:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

https://leadership.ng/2023-tinubu-is-my-preferred-successor-says-buhari/

Typical Fulani deception. grin grin grin grin Anybody who still believes anything Buhari says after continuously lying to Nigerians from 2015 till date must be a big foo.l

12 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi Accommodating Flood Victims From Kogi State In 2012 (Throwback Video)) / Protest Against Navy In Oghara, Delta State / Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.