Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

I Almost Stole Yesterday - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Almost Stole Yesterday (5252 Views)

I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom / I Almost Lost My Little Daughter Practicing What She Saw On TV - Nigerian Man / I Almost Lost My Marriage Over ‘april Fool’ Prank –woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Almost Stole Yesterday by Francisanointed(m): 6:35am On Jun 22, 2022
Good morning my fellow nairalander
Pardon my grammatical errors.
I was the last person to close from work yesterday. The gatekeeper was feeling well,so he asked me to help him lock. Then, it started raining few minutes later. I was thinking what I am going to eat at home,no food. I only have gas. I was really more depressed when I thought about the provision stores in my area that I am owning. I am now hiding from them. But it is almost impossible. I own up to three provisions in my area. One almost disgrace me on Monday. I am owning
1. 300
2. 560
3. 1,810 this one was the one that almost disgrace me
4. 750 naira
So,while these thoughts were in my mind. I said in my mind. Since i don't have food to eat even when I get home,let me take some toiletries like soaps and tissues home. They were in different classes. I started to take them but as I continue to gather them . My conscience was speaking against me. I felt empty. I remembered a promised I made to myself after I lost my parents years ago. I told myself I will never steal. I told myself that I would rather borrow than Steal. I went back to those classrooms and returned all I took. I decided to beg one of my choir member to borrow me two thousand naira. Even though I knew, I have been like a beggar in the choir because of hunger and transportation fare. I called her via a
neighbor's phone and she agreed to lend me 2k. Though I feel like beggar and depressed because of this but I am happy that my conscience is clean since I refused to steal those things.
The truth is, suffering and lack can tempt to do the wrong thing as a Christian but we must hold our ground. Don't give up because you don't have. Believe in a better tomorrow. I know it is not easy atimes like the way things are right now but God will soon reward your about. Galatians 6:9 says, do not be weary in well doing,for you will reap if you faint not. Your days of joy are coming. Keep hoping, keep believing and keep praying. Never forget,the road is never easy but God won't forget your labour of love.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by Oblongata: 6:37am On Jun 22, 2022
I was once like you…

Only difference was that I actually stole and later reported myself because as a Christian, I felt I betrayed my Christ.

But

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (Isaiah:40:30)

I thank God for my life!

My brother, a day will come were you will laugh at yourself for all these experiences.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by money121(m): 6:41am On Jun 22, 2022
Ok
Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by slimjohn2k5: 6:50am On Jun 22, 2022
I feel for you and would HV love to help.

But the situation in our country now is terrible. I woke up 4:30am this morning to get to work, still at my bus stop, no bus.
I told them in the office yesterday I could not mk it, can't do same today.
God will make a way.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by Tokskob2008: 6:51am On Jun 22, 2022
It isn't easy atal in this country right now for some of us. Just yesterday I was wondering what else do I sell cos I don sell almost everything sellable for my house and short of selling myself out right now, I don't think I have any thing else to sell again. May God help we the struggling people fast.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by Skyfornia(m): 6:52am On Jun 22, 2022
Francisanointed:
I was the last person to close from work yesterday. The gatekeeper was feeling well,so he asked me to help him lock. Then, it started raining few minutes later. I was thinking what I am going to eat at home,no food. I only have gas. I was really more depressed when I thought about the provision stores in my area that I am owning. I am now hiding from them. But it is almost impossible. I own up to three provisions in my area. One almost disgrace me on Monday. I am owning
1. 300
2. 560
4. 750 naira
So,while these thoughts were in my mind. I said in my mind. Since i don't have food to eat even when I get home,let me take some toiletries like soaps and tissues home. They were in different classes. I started to take them but as I continue to gather them . My conscience was speaking against me. I felt empty. I remembered a promised I made to myself after I lost my parents years ago. I told myself I will never steal. I told myself that I would rather borrow than Steal. I went back to those classrooms and returned all I took. I decided to beg one of my choir member to borrow me two thousand naira. Even though I knew, I have been like a beggar in the choir because of hunger and transportation fare. I called her via a
neighbor's phone and she agreed to lend me 2k. Though I feel like beggar and depressed because of this but I am happy that my conscience is clean since I refused to steal those things.
The truth is, suffering and lack can tempt to do the wrong thing as a Christian but we must hold our ground. Don't give up because you don't have. Believe in a better tomorrow. I know it is not easy atimes like the way things are right now but God will soon reward your about. Galatians 6:9 says, do not be weary in well doing,for you will reap if you faint not. Your days of joy are coming. Keep hoping, keep believing and keep praying. Never forget,the road is never easy but God won't forget your labour of love.

I'm sorry about your ordeal, God will come through for you. Drop your account details, let me send small thing for you to manage. God bless you

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by Prayfortheworld: 7:03am On Jun 22, 2022
Vote obi oh
Tinubu.. Atiku na buhari Pro max
Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by michlins(m): 7:07am On Jun 22, 2022
Cock and bull to get pity.

There are lots of menial jobs to do and earn decent jobs. Why's it that no one wants to learn carpentry,mason, and the rest of skills that are in dire shortage.

Easy way is what y'all want. Either you beg or you scam and steal.

5 Likes

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by Boogyman557: 7:14am On Jun 22, 2022
Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by donbachi(m): 7:16am On Jun 22, 2022
And mob for almost kill u.

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by Kingkum: 7:22am On Jun 22, 2022
michlins:
Cock and bull to get pity.

There are lots of menial jobs to do and earn decent jobs. Why's it that no one wants to learn carpentry,mason, and the rest of skills that are in dire shortage.

Easy way is what y'all want. Either you beg or you scam and steal.
Will you keep quiet? many of you don't know what people are facing out there. i'm in this kind of situation and knows how it feels, infact i was not able to control myself like op did and ended up stealing last week. i was not caught but the guilty conscience is killing me inside till today.

i don't know why you broke guys find it easy to body shame your fellow guys when you know that you don't even have shishi to help, you should have post a different thing entirely if it the op was a lady.
smh

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by michlins(m): 7:48am On Jun 22, 2022
Kingkum:

Will you keep quiet? many of you don't know what people are facing out there. i'm in this kind of situation and knows how it feels, infact i was not able to control myself like op did and ended up stealing last week. i was not caught but the guilty conscience is killing me inside till today.

i don't know why you broke guys find it easy to body shame your fellow guys when you know that you don't even have shishi to help, you should have post a different thing entirely if it the op was a lady.
smh
first thing first, what skill do you possess amongst the ones I mentioned?

You can keep making excuses for your criminal acts or decide to go out there to grind it hard knowing that no one cares about whatever thing you're going through. I deal with my own wahala like every day. Sometimes I cry but I don't steal

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by Kingkum: 7:59am On Jun 22, 2022
michlins:

You can keep making excuses for your criminal acts or decide to go out there to grind it hard knowing that no one cares about whatever thing you're going through. I deal with my own wahala like every day. Sometimes I cry but I don't steal
I repeat again that you know nothing, what if you don't have a skill? look, we were conditioned to believe that education was the key to success, but after everything, you will not even be able to see a nice job. so what are you saying?

i'm not the op and i'm in the village now with my wife and a kid, do you expect me to go and start learning a handwork at this age? who will be giving food to my family? who will pay the fee for me learn it? even if i pay, who will be taking over my responsibilities during the learning period?

i don't want to talk much now but the fact that god has been kind to you should not make you to call others lazy pls.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by Boogyman557: 8:07am On Jun 22, 2022
Kingkum:

I repeat again that you know nothing, what if you don't have a skill? look, we were conditioned to believe that education was the key to success, but after everything, you will not even be able to see a nice job. so what are you saying?

i'm not the op and i'm in the village now with my wife and a kid, do you expect me to go and start learning a handwork at this age? who will be giving food to my family? who will pay the fee for me learn it? even if i pay, who will be taking over my responsibilities during the learning period?

i don't want to talk much now but the fact that god has been kind to you should not make you to call others lazy pls.
Holly Gram cool bross u no need to reply the fool anymore..

most people here are kids and still depend on there family for one or two tins..

The hustle aint easy. CUNTREE self no easy..

No let small PIKIN wey no know waiting life de talk, make u talk waiting u no 1 talk..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by Kingkum: 8:18am On Jun 22, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool bross u no need to reply the fool anymore..

most people here are kids and still depend on there family for one or two tins..

The hustle aint easy. CUNTREE self no easy..

No let small PIKIN wey no know waiting life de talk, make u talk waiting u no 1 talk..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Thanks man,

what you said may not be far from the truth, this kids eating from their mothers pot don't know what is life.

weed don suffer for your hand though

11 Likes

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by michlins(m): 8:47am On Jun 22, 2022
Kingkum:

while your case is at a precarious state, the op can actually do something to change his situation.

And for you,if you don't sacrifice the next three years to get a skill, you will spend the next three decades lamenting.

We were told education is the key to success,did you bother to ask which type of education. Vocational skills are still education

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by ahnie: 9:15am On Jun 22, 2022
Here to read comments.
Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by haykayneyo: 9:21am On Jun 22, 2022
Francisanointed:
1. 300
2. 560
4. 750 naira

It is well my brother, God will remember us one day we are in the same boat the only difference is that me am jobless and to eat na war, I even miss a job interview on Monday because of transport fare. My brother just be good always.
Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by ebuka10box(m): 9:46am On Jun 22, 2022
Send me ur account number,even if na 1k make u use chop

6 Likes

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:01am On Jun 22, 2022
Download loan app and borrow money from them and pay later
Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by Blake755: 11:06am On Jun 22, 2022
Omo e no easy op please be strong everywhere hard I would have loved to help
Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by ravensckar(m): 11:13am On Jun 22, 2022
Although I don't know the OP's intent for posting this, but I can relate with his story. Things tight for outside o. And the bad news is that it's going to get tighter in Nigeria unless a miracle happens.

The guy that some of you are attacking is actually not the bad guy, he's saying the gospel truth. Perhaps his mode of communicating it is what irked some of you. Things are hard, you have a choice; either change your situation by taking a different approach or continue to lament.

From the OP's post, one can deduce that he's a teacher. That's why I'll share my story with him. When my wife was pregnant with our first child, things were so hard for us that we always borrow to meet up. My daughter started drinking garri at 4 months old. cheesy cheesy
I looked at them one day and I asked myself what kind of useless work have I been doing that can't even put decent meals on the table. Then, a radical thought came to me. And I took the bold step. Fast forward to about 5 years later (today), we are doing very well. Food dey yanfun yanfun, small money wey dey scare poverty self dey. cheesy cheesy. That my daughter that started drinking garri at 4 months has never tasted garri again. Today, she be real 'ajebo' and I made sure to buy her everything a child of her age can have; tablet, bicycles, dolls, clothes, shoes and everything. You name it. My wife nko? She self na big madam now. Her beauty don come out well well.

Till this very moment, that day's incident is the reason why I work twice as hard as I normally would. I made myself a promise that as long as I'm alive, my family will never starve nor lack. Today for example, I trekked from Abraham Adesanya to VGC (due to serious traffic), before getting a bus to my destination. That's some of the sh*ts we go through, but we still do it because we have a responsibility to fulfill.

What am I trying to insinuate? We may choose to lament over our situation (self-pity) or we turn our pain into motivation and change our situation for good. Here's a poem by D.H Lawrence, it's one of my favourite as it always remind me to turn my pain into motivation; “I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself....".

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 22, 2022
ravensckar:
Although I don't know the OP's intent for posting this, but I can relate with his story. Things tight for outside o. And the bad news is that it's going to get tighter in Nigeria unless a miracle happens.

The guy that some of you are attacking is actually not the bad guy, he's saying the gospel truth. Perhaps his mode of communicating it is what irked some of you. Things are hard, you have a choice; either change your situation by taking a different approach or continue to lament.

From the OP's post, one can deduce that he's a teacher. That's why I'll share my story with him. When my wife was pregnant with our first child, things were so hard for us that we always borrow to meet up. My daughter started drinking garri at 4 months old. cheesy cheesy
I looked at them one day and I asked myself what kind of useless work have I been doing that can't even put decent meals on the table. Then, a radical thought came to me. And I took the bold step. Fast forward to about 5 years later (today), we are doing very well. Food dey yanfun yanfun, small money wey dey scare poverty self dey. cheesy cheesy. That my daughter that started drinking garri at 4 months has never tasted garri again. Today, she be real 'ajebo' and I made sure to buy her everything a child of her age can have; tablet, bicycles, dolls, clothes, shoes and everything. You name it. My wife nko? She self na big madam now. Her beauty don come out well well.

Till this very moment, that day's incident is the reason why I work twice as hard as I normally would. I made myself a promise that as long as I'm alive, my family will never starve nor lack. Today for example, I trekked from Abraham Adesanya to VGC (due to serious traffic), before getting a bus to my destination. That's some of the sh*ts we go through, but we still do it because we have a responsibility to fulfill.

What am I trying to insinuate? We may choose to lament over our situation (self-pity) or we turn our pain into motivation and change our situation for good. Here's a poem by D.H Lawrence, it's one of my favourite as it always remind me to turn my pain into motivation; “I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself....".

Heaven knows i really need this kind of motivation as i am going through some serious ishh right now
Thank you so much and God bless you

10 Likes

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by ogawisdom(m): 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2022
Stealing is not an option instead beg people around. If u steal u could be killed no excuse for it

1 Like

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by haggai247: 1:51pm On Jun 22, 2022
Kingkum:

The fact that you're in the village does not mean you cannot learn a skill at least you can write which is one of the skill anyone can have right now.

Let me help you and the op instead of talking make i give you fish.

Type mk8.2 remove the dot read the thread how to make regular income on Amazon if you're not lazy and looking for freebies it can change your life forever.

Read the tread like your life depends on it ask questions the sky would be your limit if you really want to change your life.
You can be a champion of life or a victim of life.... choose wisely

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by Rickmann: 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2022
Francisanointed:
1. 300
2. 560
4. 750 naira

You really want to make me cry now..
I'm so proud of you bro..

God is ur strength..ok

1 Like

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by Toktee(m): 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2022
michlins:

pls stop all this na, op never states anywhere in his write-ups that he's jobless pls.

Read again.

Most of you just have problem with giving yet on Sunday you shout more than the preacher man.

Stop looking for excuses if you cannot help.
Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by youngmexxy: 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2022
Jamesbiodun:
Download loan app and borrow money from them and pay later
op please don't listen to this advice
Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by pozehnani(f): 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2022
Your sins are forgiven you. Go and sin more.
Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by Kingkum: 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2022
Motivational will always make you think that life is easy while reality will always hit you where you must confess that it's difficult out there.

@haggai247, i had to take my time since morning and go through that thread but it's something i can not even try, first, who will give me an android phone? i can not have an android phone and be begging for food NEVER. so you see, if god bless you, don't ever think others that are suffering are lazy or wants to suffer.

however, i appreciate you for giving me that link, i already made a mental note that i will explore it whenever i afford an android phone.

lastly, are you into it presently? i can write stories for you to pay me a token. i can write a nice story but i don't know how to arrange it in chapters and my english is not that good. so if you can be able to edit it, i can give you cool ideas in a book, i read on that thread that 5k words will be ok for a complete book so i think i can do it.

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by fidorocks(m): 5:57pm On Jun 22, 2022
Francisanointed:
1. 300
2. 560
4. 750 naira

Where is your location? What skills and qualifications do you have? If you have SSCE, i can give you a job in a uniformed security company. You can earn between 25 to 35k with SSCE and up to 50-60k with a HND or OND with time and depending on your location.

If you are interested, drop your location and phone number, someone will call you from the office
Re: I Almost Stole Yesterday by haykayneyo: 6:27pm On Jun 22, 2022
fidorocks:

Where is your location? What skills and qualifications do you have? If you have SSCE, i can give you a job in a uniformed security company. You can earn between 25 to 35k with SSCE and up to 50-60k with a HND or OND with time and depending on your location.

If you are interested, drop your location and phone number, someone will call you from the office

Please am in need of the job too, can I drop my location and phone number. I have first degree and I don't mind the job thank you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Neighbor Impregnated My Wife. Please Help!! / Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? / Woman With Two Husbands... Now Wants Two More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.