Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,834 members, 7,841,182 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste (3469 Views)

Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles / Atiku's US Trip Was Secret, Even His Family Members Didn't Know - Dele Momodu / NTA Responds To Allegation That It Did Not Broadcast Atiku's Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by donleo92(m): 6:15am On Jun 23, 2022
so what we have in Nigeria is what we should be proud of?? some people self.. even Buhari body language is telling us he knows he has failed Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by Reflect7: 6:21am On Jun 23, 2022
Parachoko:
Some of you Ignorance is scary.

You didn't even know when Siemens carry out the project in Egypt, but you are here displaying your ignorance.

Honestly. He didn't even bother to Google up the starting year of the Egypt Siemens project - a mere 20 second task!

It's like many of our youths have Low IQ nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by Reflect7: 6:29am On Jun 23, 2022
donleo92:
so what we have in Nigeria is what we should be proud of?? some people self.. even Buhari body language is telling us he knows he has failed Nigerians

Engage your brain, you dunce. Who said anythIng about being ''proud'' of anythIng?

Tufiakwa.... LOW IQ.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by Parachoko: 6:32am On Jun 23, 2022
Reflect7:

Honestly. He didn't even bother to Google up the starting year of the Egypt Siemens project - a mere 20 second task!

It's like many of our youths have Low IQ nowadays.

Most of this Obi supporters are Ignorant and dumb.

Nah so one idiot dey follow me argue say Eko Atlantic City has nothing to do with the Lagos State Government and Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by pacesetting: 6:36am On Jun 23, 2022
Stop giving excuses for a government that can't defend itself. A govt that has been in power for seven years, and you're using covid 19 as an excuse. Even Northerners know Buhari is a failure.
Reflect7:

The 'covid' thing stopped everything in 2020 and 2021, project-wise. World over, not just in Nigeria.

Or you can't remember that everywhere was under lockdown?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by Reflect7: 6:37am On Jun 23, 2022
Parachoko:

Most of this Obi supporters are Ignorant and dumb.

Nah so one idiot dey follow me argue say Eko Atlantic City has nothing to do with the Lagos State Government and Tinubu.

Are you serious?

Damn.
Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by Jostoman: 6:40am On Jun 23, 2022
Peter Obi is really giving APC a sleepless night because their wailing is really giving me Joy.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by Reflect7: 6:42am On Jun 23, 2022
pacesetting:
Stop giving excuses for a government that can't defend itself. A govt that has been in power for seven years, and you're using covid 19 as an excuse. Even Northerners know Buhari is a failure.

Shut up. What would YOU have done? In 2015 when Buhari came to power, oil prices had just crashed, with world recession looming. After PDP's looting, the govt was in a cash-strapped situation, and had to spend on priorities. The Siemens deal was probably not feasible while they operated in Egypt. So what would YOU have done? Do you even know what Siemens are here to do? Ignorant dullards with loud mouths only good to criticise. Most of you don't know anything, so just shut up!!!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by mycar: 6:44am On Jun 23, 2022
Reflect7:

Use your brain before typing. The Siemens contract was awarded in 2020, shortly before the covid crisis exploded. International commerce, including shipments of equipment etc, were halted across the world, and we are only just recovering from it. How in the hell do you expect any results by now? Do you now what it takes to upgrade a national grid?
Do I know what it takes? Yes, In Nigeria, it takes eternity, while it's not so in some other countries, and even an infant will tell you, if you can't improve my life, please do not make it worse. When Jonathan administration was handling power project, we could see the Significant improvement in Power but in this one, the reverse is the case. and when someone tries to find out what could be going wrong, you'd rather everybody should stand akimbo and watch things get out control.
No justification for laziness and ignorant.
You have to seek knowledge, no limit to extent you can go for knowledge, we have schools and our people still study abroad even when we have some of those foreign owned schools here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by Parachoko: 6:47am On Jun 23, 2022
Reflect7:

Are you serious?

Damn.
I'm so serious

I was even telling him to make a research, but e no gree o.

Eko Atlantic City project wey I don dey follow since 2003 or 2004 for the pages of Newspaper back then, nah I'm person dey tell me say nah new projects that has nothing to do with the Lagos State Government.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by Reflect7: 6:48am On Jun 23, 2022
mycar:

Do I know what it takes? Yes, In Nigeria, it takes eternity, while it's not so in some other countries, and even an infant will tell you, if you can't improve my life, please do not make it worse. When Jonathan administration was handling power project, we could see the Significant improvement in Power but in this one, the reverse is the case. and when someone tries to find out what could be going wrong, you'd rather everybody should stand akimbo and watch things get out control.
No justification for laziness and ignorant.
You have to seek knowledge, no limit to extent you can go for knowledge, we have schools and our people still study abroad even when we have some of those foreign owned schools here.

ABEG SHUT UP. Mr Perfect. If they give you a position now and you see millions of dollars, you will forget all this holier-than-thou rubbish and start chopping money.

Go and sit down somewhere and wait for 4 to 6 years for the Siemens project to come through, which is the time span for upgrading the transmission and distribution network.

IF YOU CAN'T WAIT, MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by hargbolahan01: 6:48am On Jun 23, 2022
Reflect7:

The Siemens project began in Egypt in 2015, and was completed just as the covid crisis was about to start in 2020.

The Siemens contract was awarded in 2020 by the Buhari administration, a full 5 years after, just as the covid crisis was about to start.

Expecting the two projects to come on stream at the same time is the very height of lunacy.

Many of you are so ignorant and loud at the same time.

I thought it was signed in 2019 cus I could remember All of us getting happy by then....but all the excuses does take away the deal failure we had since beginning of 2021 to start getting if we are ready but I think the deal is another audio project

Dangote which is another big project was not delayed much like the power project that has never start in 2022 when it was to delivered in 2023.....or are they planning to use that to campaign in 2023

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by pacesetting: 6:54am On Jun 23, 2022
Wow. So someone is still supporting this govt?

Sorry I can't help you. Goodbye.
Reflect7:

Shut up. What would YOU have done? In 2015 when Buhari came to power, oil prices had just crashed, with world recession looming. After PDP's looting, the govt was in a cash-strapped situation, and had to spend on priorities. The Siemens deal was probably not feasible while they operated in Egypt. So what would YOU have done? Do you even know what Siemens are here to do? Ignorant dullards with loud mouths only good to criticise. Most of you don't know anything, so just shut up!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by Reflect7: 6:54am On Jun 23, 2022
hargbolahan01:
I thought it was signed in 2019 cus I could remember All of us getting happy by then....but all the excuses does take away the deal failure we had since beginning of 2021 to start getting if we are ready but I think the deal is another audio project

Dangote which is another big project was not delayed much like the power project that has never start in 2022 when it was to delivered in 2023.....or are they planning to use that to campaign in 2023

What a load of rubbish.

This garbage is not worthy of a response.

SUPERMAN, I'm sure if you had contracted Siemens to do the 6 year project as president, the project would have been completed in less than one year, or in under a month.

Ignorant dullards with wasted education.
Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by donleo92(m): 6:57am On Jun 23, 2022
Reflect7:

Engage your brain, you dunce. Who said anythIng about being ''proud'' of anythIng?

Tufiakwa.... LOW IQ.
thank you
and God bless you.
anything else?
Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by azpekuliar: 7:01am On Jun 23, 2022
Reflect7:

The 'covid' thing stopped everything in 2020 and 2021, project-wise. World over, not just in Nigeria.

Or you can't remember that everywhere was under lockdown?

Always making flimsy excuses for your enslavers.

One of the changes in the constitution review process is for the grid to be decentralized so states can take the initiative to generate power. It has been stuck at the State Houses of Assembly for some months now. Rather than channel your energies in that direction you are here spending it on wishful promises that you have been hearing from every single government at the center since you were born.

Have you forgotten Albert Einstein's famous definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again hoping to achieve a different result. Soon like generations before you, you would be 60 years old and still looking for were to charge your rechargeable lamp.
Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by jmoore(m): 7:14am On Jun 23, 2022
Reflect7:

The Siemens project began in Egypt in 2015, and was completed just as the covid crisis was about to start in 2020.

The Siemens contract was awarded in 2020 by the Buhari administration, a full 5 years after, just as the covid crisis was about to start.

Expecting the two projects to come on stream at the same time is the very height of lunacy.

Egypt added 25,000 megawatts (MW) of new power stations to their national electricity grid during the period from June 2014 to June 2018. Got that? 25,000 MW in just 4 years.

In October 2018, project consortium partners Siemens, Elsewedy Electric and Orascom Construction officially unveiled one of the largest combined cycle megaprojects in Beni Suef,
Egypt. The teams completed three plants totalling 14,400 MW in a record time of 27.5 months at the cost of €6 billion.

14,400 MW was achieved in 2 years and few months.

Buhari wasn't called baba go slow for no reason.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by MrFinbarr(m): 7:15am On Jun 23, 2022
Later they'll say Peter Obi's supporters are aggressive. Look at that dunce Reflect7 up there aggressively abusing anyone who tries to engage him in a counter discourse on the topic he posted.

What a pathetic situation we've found ourselves in this country.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:22am On Jun 23, 2022
Funny people think Peter Obi only went to Egypt for power.

The truth is Peter Obi is a blessing to this nation. He has more ideas to help improve lives in this nation.

Vote Peter Obi for an improved Nigeria for all Nigerians. Vote Labour Party.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by Simplythebest: 7:36am On Jun 23, 2022
Suffering no dey tire u or has it block ur eyes. The way this country is going are u really happy with it? Or is just cus of hatred that block ur sense of reasoning. Ur Ondo governor is already shouting how the have already surrendered all the bushes in South west, continue with ur hatred and propaganda.
salamudeen:
Person wey go for AFREXIM BANK meeting

This person na better package fraud dem just no get who dem go bring out from that area, they later turn the thing to IGBO against other tribes and CHRISTAIN against other Religion wallahi there is nothing new grin
Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by zuchyblink(m): 7:49am On Jun 23, 2022
APC youths and gullibility, tenths and hundreds of projects are going on in Egypt today even in the thick of the pandemic. You people should repent and stop romancing failure.
Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by salamudeen(m): 7:50am On Jun 23, 2022
Simplythebest:
Suffering no dey tire u or has it block ur eyes. The way this country is going are u really happy with it? Or is just cus of hatred that block ur sense of reasoning. Ur Ondo governor is already shouting how the have already surrendered all the bushes in South west, continue with ur hatred and propaganda.

Baba all i am asking for is give me any thief i dont know apart from those three grin grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by zuchyblink(m): 7:56am On Jun 23, 2022
Nigerians want to change the evil status quo but the status quo is fighting back. TUC,NLC and other mobilises for Peter Obi. Join the moving train.

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by ProfAmaben(m): 7:58am On Jun 23, 2022
salamudeen:

Na your own Nigerian youth ooo bring anybody apart from Peter Obi or Atiku and Tinubu i am ready

Yoruba Moslem, suffer never tire you and your family? grin. Terrorists. Mohammed supports criminals though, not surprised

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by Risentouch(m): 8:08am On Jun 23, 2022
Reflect7:

Why are you in bitterness about Obi traveling to Egypt, I thought we all agreed that he can not be Nigerians president come 2023, so why all these attacks or is he the incumbent?
Besides covid has come and gone how far with the electricity project with SIEMENS?
Or should we wait for Tinubu to take it from there?
Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by Babaken(m): 8:09am On Jun 23, 2022
IamWonderful:
Which youth? is he a youth? Pandora Peter OBItuary is been projected by igbos so as to assuage their marginalization of years, well we will surely see him bite the dust because the dude belongs to political trash bin, I will never support Pandora Peter OBItuary, I am a YORUBA youth, he is a thief also not GOD
E de pain am,
Carry your shake shake go one side.
Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 23, 2022
Reflect7:
Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What it Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was A Waste

I don't know what Peter Obi went to do in Egypt when the very same programme the Egyptians gave Siemens to implement to boost their power generation by 20,000 mw in 6 years is the EXACT SAME project being undertaken in Nigeria courtesy of the Buhari administration. It began in 2020, and was slowed down by the 'pandemic', so it's obviously way too early to judge the results of the $2 billion contract.

I think Obi's trip to Egypt was unnecessary.

The thing he was looking for in Sokoto is in his Shokoto trousers.

Siemens deal ongoing with 7000mw projects, network expansion, FG says

THE Federal government has said the Siemens deal that it entered with the German government in 2020 is still on course and already bearing fruits.

Nigeria’s Minister of Power, Abubakar Aliyu, gave this information while giving updates on the deal at the NEXIER power dialogue held late Tuesday, June 14, 2022 in Abuja.

Aliyu said, “Recently, I travelled to Germany to inspect the manufacture and equipment we have made orders for as part of the deal. The equipment will be coming in from September, October, November and December.

“The equipment include 10 mobile sub-stations and 10 Unitra transformers. We have got approval from the Bureau for Public Enterprise (BPE) to proceed on necessary procurements and we are evaluating the offers, which will soon get to the Federal Executive Council for approval.

“A lot is being done also to raise the operational capacity of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry,” the minister said.

THE ICIR had reported that German company, SIEMENS AG, had launched a 25,000-megawatt Presidential Power Initiative (PPI) to revamp Nigeria’s power sector.

“Siemens Nigeria and the federal government in 2020 entered into a power infrastructure revamp agreement. It is a government to government agreement,” Aliyu stated.

The deal with Siemens, the minister explained, aims to increase Nigeria’s electricity generation to 25,000mw in six years.

The $2 billion Siemens deal is structured in three phases: to take the country’s grid operational capacity from less than 5,000mw to 7000mw by 2021; increase the capacity to 11,000mw by 2023 and achieve total operational generation and national grid capacity to 25,000mw by 2025. It is expected to save Nigeria over $1bn annually.

“I am pleased to announce that we have begun implementation of the Siemens PPI with the purchase of 10 mobile transformers and 10 sub-stations. The pre-engineering segment of the Presidential Power Initiative (PPI) contract is complete and we expect contract offers on 127 Transmission and Distribution projects (Brownfield and Greenfield) from Siemens,” Aliyu stated.

He also said that for better utilisation of energy generated on the national grid, the Federal government had many key grid initiatives, with more than N125.2 billion budgeted between 2015 and 2021 for TCN and Development Finance Funding through the World Bank, African Development Bank (AfDB), French Development Agency (AFD), Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and others of up to $1.7bn.

He added that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) was also funding $250m for the rehabilitation of critical interfaces between transmission and distribution to increase and stabilize power delivery. Additionally, through the Siemens PPI, the Nigerian government is bringing $2bn or more to the transmission grid.

“This is almost $4 billion secured by this administration to augment the grid. It should be noted that many of these funds are being actively spent and the results will be felt over time. We are working tirelessly to ensure that all of these investments translate to incremental delivered power.

“There are 135 ongoing projects for transmission lines, sub-stations and other associated grid infrastructures. The TCN has completed 30 key sub-station projects and 12 important transmission lines,” he noted.

Aliyu listed some of the projects to include the resuscitation of the second Egbin-Ajah Transmission Line, the recently commissioned NDPHC Lafia 2X150mva & 2X60 /132/33/330kv transmission sub-station (under NIPP), the 330kv Quad Lines from Alaoji to Onitsha and Delta Power Station to Benin, as well as the Kano to Katsina 330kv line. There is also the Lagos/Ogun Transmission Infrastructure Project under JICA funding.

He also said that the Federal government, through the CBN intervention for Transmission-Distribution interfaces, had awarded more than 30 sub-station rehabilitation contracts and done 1,570mva transformer capacity upgrades, with 34 critical transformers to be installed or replaced.

“Our investments have improved stability of the grid through the efforts of our System Operator (under TCN). Under this administration, grid stability has drastically improved: in 2021 the nation had only two adverse grid events (partial or full collapses of the grid). Compare this to a peak of 42 events in 2010 and greater than 10 events every year before 2020,” he said....

https://www.icirnigeria.org/siemens-deal-ongoing-with-7000mw-projects-network-expansion-fg-says/
till we see it Nobi today yash begin dey 4 back
Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by Moneyboyz: 8:16am On Jun 23, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:

There is already a clear cut plan on power generation by PMB's government.

As usual, the Pandora tax haven fraud wanted to act like he's seeking a new pathway for power generation. Since he came back, he hasn't given a blueprint on the rubbish he learnt in Egypt in 3 days.

He hasn't given the total amount that will be needed for the Egypt model power generation system.

He hasn't told us how long it will take to execute.

He also hasn't told us if we have the needed infrastructure to even emulate such system.

But his ignorant followers do not care.

Vote TINUBU 2023. Vote APC.

I hope the stipend you a paid will be enough to feed you for the next four years.
Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by hargbolahan01: 8:22am On Jun 23, 2022
Reflect7:

What a load of rubbish.

This garbage is not worthy of a response.

SUPERMAN, I'm sure if you had contracted Siemens to do the 6 year project as president, the project would have been completed in less than one year, or in under a month.

Ignorant dullards with wasted education.
the problem is you don't even know how to defend someone that's why you chose to insult and abuse.....tag your BMC boss to come here for your master defense
I'm here for intelligent defense not for abuse or insult

But know that buhari govt has failed in power sector

Do you even know how many times grid has fallen this year alone?
How many KM of transmission lines have been contructed since the SIEMENS deal?
Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by Xbobtage: 8:32am On Jun 23, 2022
Reflect7:

Stop being stupid. The covid lockdowns only ended a few months ago, not in 2020.

In 2021, all of Europe and the USA were in lockdown, and industries and firms limited their activities severely, restricting their workforces to home based work. It was in 2022 that any sort of recovery began in the world economy.

My friend the government is Lying to you. There is a Video online where Chimamanda asked the Chancellor of Germany what happened to siemens deal and she said its been abandoned because of lack of funding. Please look it up.
Re: Peter Obi: SIEMENS Is Doing In Nigeria What It Did In Egypt. Your Trip Was Waste by fashykenny(m): 8:44am On Jun 23, 2022
Xbobtage:

My friend the government is Lying to you. There is a Video online where Chimamanda asked the Chancellor of Germany what happened to siemens deal and she said its been abandoned because of lack of funding. Please look it up.
. Bros no be lie matter , it was everybody that saw it then when kyari went to Germany for the deal to be sealed only to contact covid19 and that was what led to his death so don’t tell me that they are deceiving us as if Obi will fair better

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Land Of Progress: Life Lager Beer Advert For The East On Niger Bridge (pictures) / Ekiti Governor Urges Nigerians To Live In Peace, Harmony / May 29: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan To Act As Nigeria’s President For ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.