Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,606 members, 7,847,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:14 PM

Chyma Anthony Hails INEC Extension Of CVR - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chyma Anthony Hails INEC Extension Of CVR (280 Views)

Biodun Oyebanji hails INEC, Describes Ekiti Election As Excellent / United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC / Edo Election: US Hails INEC, Security Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chyma Anthony Hails INEC Extension Of CVR by stainlesx: 12:25pm On Jun 23, 2022
The All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) senatorial candidate for Imo East in the 2023 general election, Mr Chyma Anthony, has hailed the decision of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to extend the ongoing continuous voter registration (CVR) exercise initially slated to end at the end of June, 2022.

Anthony was reacting to the statement by the chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Electoral Matters, Hon Aishatu Jibril Dukku, who disclosed this while briefing lawmakers on the committee’s efforts to ensure the implementation of a House resolution yesterday in Abuja.

In a statement he issued in Abuja, Anthony said the decision to extend the registration date is a welcome development and urged youths of Imo East senatorial district and Imo State to take advantage of the extension to get registered to enable them participate in the 2023 general election.

He urged INEC to ensure that more men and equipment are deployed to speed up the capturing time and to reduce fatigue among the eager Nigerians willing to be part of the electoral process next year.

“This is a golden opportunity for our people especially our youths that have shown unprecedented enthusiasm in the 2023 general elections.

“I want to charge all the youths of voting age in Imo East (Owerri Zone), Imo State and all over Nigeria to come out for this important exercise if they truly are hungry for good governance and better future,” said Anthony.

The APGA candidate also cautioned youths against selling their votes to politicians who do not mean well for them.

Re: Chyma Anthony Hails INEC Extension Of CVR by MadamExcellency: 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
What the hell is Chyma? Adulterated Igbo man.

All these my papa betell me I be Ibo self?

(1) (Reply)

Only The Courts Can Disqualify Tinubu / PDP, Atiku, Okowa And The Angry Birds By Clem Aguiyi / Nigerians Beware Of Calls For Interim Arrangement Meant To Scuttle 2023 General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.