Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,780 members, 7,837,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy (2623 Views)

Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy / Charlyboy: Buhari Will Look Like A Saint If Tinubu Or Atiku Becomes President / Charlyboy, protesters storm US Embassy over Buhari’s removal of CJN Onnoghen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by kaydee007(m): 8:10am On Jun 24, 2022
Peter Obi may or may not become our President at the end of the day, but his presence has activated something unusual in our history - CharlyBoy

Media personality, Charles Oputa aka CharlyBoy has said that Labour party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, may or may not win the Presidential election scheduled for February 25, 2023, but that his presence has activated something in Nigeria's history.

''I am smelling a “bloodless coup” in the making by ordinary Nigerians to retrieve their stolen future. Peter Obi may or may not become our President at the end of the day, but his presence has activated something unusual in our history and ordinary Nigerians. Wetin u think?''

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by SmartPolician: 8:13am On Jun 24, 2022
Peter Obi is a phenomenon who represents hope for the future

30 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by tobilanreo: 8:16am On Jun 24, 2022
Hnnnm
Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by Ud70(m): 8:19am On Jun 24, 2022
MR. OBI is the man of the moment.

19 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by DonBenny77(m): 8:21am On Jun 24, 2022
For to Obi is better than sacrifice

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by Parachoko: 8:23am On Jun 24, 2022
Peter Obi won't get 5% of the votes.

He will lose to Atiku in the South East and lose to Tinubu in the South South.

He won't get up to 5000 votes in the North West and North East.

On Bola Ahmed Tinubu Mandate I Stand Gidigba

136 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by Aniluvreal: 8:23am On Jun 24, 2022
shocked

God bless the incoming president.

The unconditional love showed to Peter Obi is so overwhelming infact it's infinite.

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by Islandlady(f): 8:26am On Jun 24, 2022
Igbo Man wants his fellow blother to be the president of the Zoo nation grin grin

I don't even know this Obi's achievements and importance but you guys are forcing him down our throats, if we ask questions una go insult us from our fore fathers cry

So Nigeria no be Zoogeria again undecided

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by derecho(m): 8:26am On Jun 24, 2022
Make dem use one eye dey look Charly boy o.

This guy fit collect money tomorrow start to yarn dust.
Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by SarkinYarki: 8:27am On Jun 24, 2022
Activated what ? Till now I don't know Obis economic policy direction, I know Atikus own , I have an idea of where Tinubu leans with his but obi I don't know zilch and I am expected to vote him because he doesnt give shi shi?...Obi needs to let is know his direction:

Where does he lie when it comes to taxation

What's his direction on export and imports

What's his direction on the cost of government

What is his take of VAT :

What's is plan to stall inflation .

I need to know what he thinks about govt infrastructure? Is he pro govt infrastructure or pro PPP?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by VoteTinubu2023: 8:29am On Jun 24, 2022
After his inevitable failure in 2023. When he gets total votes lesser than Kwankwanso's and loses his SE region. The noise about third force or any BS political revolution will be put to a permanent stop.

That's when reality will set in.

This same Pandora tax haven fraudster was on ballot in 2019 alongside Atiku when he was roundly beaten like a thief caught in the village market's square.

Vote TINUBU 2023. Vote APC.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by mrvitalis(m): 8:32am On Jun 24, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Activated what ? Till now I don't know Obis economic policy direction, I know Atikus own , I have an idea of where Tinubu leans with his but obi I don't know zilch and I am expected to vote him because he doesnt give shi shi?
Oya come and tell use atikus economic direction

What's tinubu own tell us let's hear

By the way obi economic policies is simple and clear from consumption economy to a production economy via effective funding of local SMEs with funds generated by cutting down cost of governance like he did in Anambra

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by VoteTinubu2023: 8:38am On Jun 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

By the way obi economic policies is simple and clear from consumption economy to a production economy via effective funding of local SMEs with funds generated by cutting down cost of governance like he did in Anambra
Insincerity will not kill you.

Do you know how hard PMB is funding and aiding SMEs? Do you know the amount in loans NISRAL has disbursed for the past 3 years? Peter Obi is not coming with a special or innovative blueprint.

Till now, Peter Obi hasn't said a single word on his plans on fuel subsidy. Nigeria has revenue problems, he hasn't told us where he will get money to revolutionise our electricity, healthcare, education etc.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by decatalyst(m): 8:40am On Jun 24, 2022
Something changed!

Even the old dogs recognizes that something changed.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by SarkinYarki: 8:40am On Jun 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

ATIKUs helm policy is basically more privatization and reduction of govt involvement in businesses it should not be in , with that I can see growth in FDI injection coming ...

Tinubus helm is further making govt bigger by creating more needless agency and increasing the tax bracket and govt extortion of citizen , his policy will increase govt corruption, stall the economy and reduce the standard of living for Nigeria + consistent inflation.

You say Obi plans to move from local consumption to production like he did in Anambra , this is no policy but a bland dream if he cant tell us how he plans to do this and besides the data from Anambra seems to suggest otherwise as there is no proof Anambra is producing more locally than it imports or consumes ..
Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by Okwyjesus(m): 8:41am On Jun 24, 2022
Ud70:
MR. OBI is the man of the moment.

Is a man whose time has come.

Every man has his time on the stage

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by LocalStandard1(m): 8:43am On Jun 24, 2022
Op why can't he be president, isn't he a Nigerian?
Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by YorubaIsGreat(m): 8:43am On Jun 24, 2022
Asiere pandora obituary him tu dey lie can never be president of this great country, know this and know peace

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by pointblank247(m): 8:55am On Jun 24, 2022
Islandlady:
Igbo Man wants his fellow blother to be the president of the Zoo nation grin grin

I don't even know this Obi's achievements and importance but you guys are forcing him down our throats, if we ask questions una go insult us from our fore fathers cry

Hmmmmm when did you begin to know what is happening around you to know the achievements of PO,
for your information a zoo is a zoo.
People who know , know that the Nigerians , including, Igbo people rooting for Peter Obi are different from those rooting for Biafra, your brain will naturally lump all of them together and you will come here to show how shallow you are

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by mrvitalis(m): 8:59am On Jun 24, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:

Insincerity will not kill you.

Do you know how hard PMB is funding and aiding SMEs? Do you know the amount in loans NISRAL has disbursed for the past 3 years? Peter Obi is not coming with a special or innovative blueprint.

Till now, Peter Obi hasn't said a single word on his plans on fuel subsidy. Nigeria has revenue problems, he hasn't told us where he will get money to revolutionise our electricity, healthcare, education etc.

What Buhari did is man know man sme funding and the funding is absolutely too small to make any impact

Obi policy is one reduce cost of governance , use the saved funds to fund SMEs in key sectors ...import substitution and export oriented industries ... already existing SMEs

Obi also plans to borrow but borrow tied to infrastructural developmental projects that can repay themselves . Every kobo would be tied to a project ...not blanket borrowing if we see borrowing for sea port everything goes to that port ..not borrowing to fund budget

Obi has always said subsidy is a scam doesn't benefit the poor , subsidy has no place in Nigeria absolutely no place

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by nameo: 8:59am On Jun 24, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Activated what ? Till now I don't know Obis economic policy direction, I know Atikus own , I have an idea of where Tinubu leans with his but obi I don't know zilch and I am expected to vote him because he doesnt give shi shi?...Obi needs to let is know his direction:

I need to know what he thinks about govt infrastructure? Is he pro govt infrastructure or pro PPP?

I think these are legitimate questions and concerns

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by Islandlady(f): 9:01am On Jun 24, 2022
pointblank247:
Hmmmmm when did you begin to know what is happening around you to know the achievements of PO,
for your information a zoo is a zoo.
People who know , know that the Nigerians , including, Igbo people rooting for Peter Obi are different from those rooting for Biafra, your brain will naturally lump all of them together and you will come here to show how shallow you are
Oga you are not talking to your child or baby! I said what I said... don't cry and wail just leave my mention becos I got no sorry for you!

66 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by mrvitalis(m): 9:05am On Jun 24, 2022
SarkinYarki:

ATIKUs helm policy is basically more privatization and reduction of govt involvement in businesses it should not be in , with that I can see growth in FDI injection coming ...

Tinubus helm is further making govt bigger by creating more needless agency and increasing the tax bracket and govt extortion of citizen , his policy will increase govt corruption, stall the economy and reduce the standard of living for Nigeria + consistent inflation.

You say Obi plans to move from local consumption to production like he did in Anambra , this is no policy but a bland dream if he cant tell us how he plans to do this and besides the data from Anambra seems to suggest otherwise as there is no proof Anambra is producing more locally than it imports or consumes ..
Lol u wand FDI ? Same FDI that gas killed Nigeria economy ? Why do you need FDI when you can build the Nigerian youths to invest in those areas

Between and FDI that brings $100 million and takes out $800 million from the economy

And Nigerian SME supported by government that invests $10 million and grows it to $60 million which contributed more to the economy

Imagine if innoson was from Europe ... know how many millions he would have pumped to Europe ?
That's why southeast economy is recession proof 98% of investment in Igbo land are owned by Igbos , profit remain in Igbo land ...that's how u build and economy

FDI are only good if and only if the Investor plans to spend the profit in the country if he takes it away FDI is very very bad for any growing economy

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by pointblank247(m): 9:08am On Jun 24, 2022
Islandlady:
Oga you are not talking to your child or baby! I said what I said... don't cry and wail just leave my mention becos I got no sorry for you!
sorry for your empty self first,
Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by VoteObi2023: 9:09am On Jun 24, 2022
Islandlady:

Does it mean Yorubas have abandoned Yoruba Nation now

grin

Emotional blackmail from disgruntled Tinubu miscreants won't stop us from retrieving this country from old thieves.

Name just 3 Tinubu legacy and I'll name 30 PO legacies.

PO 2023

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by VoteTinubu2023: 9:13am On Jun 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

What Buhari did is man know man sme funding and the funding is absolutely too small to make any impact

Obi policy is one reduce cost of governance , use the saved funds to fund SMEs in key sectors ...import substitution and export oriented industries ... already existing SMEs

Obi also plans to borrow but borrow tied to infrastructural developmental projects that can repay themselves . Every kobo would be tied to a project ...not blanket borrowing if we see borrowing for sea port everything goes to that port ..not borrowing to fund budget

Obi has always said subsidy is a scam doesn't benefit the poor , subsidy has no place in Nigeria absolutely no place
I like your civility. Let the discussion be devoid of insults.

I see you acknowledge that Buhari is funding SMEs truly but you pointed out the corruption that have marred the process. Admittedly, this is happening but policies like this that go way down to the people and Government agencies for applications, approvals and disbursements will always be stained by corruption. Me and You know who Nigerians are. Even if Peter Obi becomes President, he can't personally be disbursing, approving these programs himself. He will have to delegate.

On the topic of borrowing. Let's be fair. Buhari also ensures majority of these loans are tied to significant infrastructural projects. You will notice that most of these foreign loans are not even direct money supply but 100% project funding. The loans are directly tied to individual projects.

Also, I don't agree with subsidy being scam. Do you know how much Nigeria has spent on petrol subsidy this year alone? Around 1 trillion naira I think. That's how bad it is. And Yes, I know some oil marketers are making illegitimate money off the scheme but how do we did them out?

Nigeria's problem is more than Arise TV and Channels interview ooh.

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by SarkinYarki: 9:19am On Jun 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lol u wand FDI ? Same FDI that gas killed Nigeria economy ? Why do you need FDI when you can build the Nigerian youths to invest in those areas

Between and FDI that brings $100 million and takes out $800 million from the economy

And Nigerian SME supported by government that invests $10 million and grows it to $60 million which contributed more to the economy

Imagine if innoson was from Europe ... know how many millions he would have pumped to Europe ?
That's why southeast economy is recession proof 98% of investment in Igbo land are owned by Igbos , profit remain in Igbo land ...that's how u build and economy

FDI are only good if and only if the Investor plans to spend the profit in the country if he takes it away FDI is very very bad for any growing economy

You have to face it Nigeria is a very poor country and to trigger any growth you will need FDI , the only working sector we have today (which is even shaking now ) telecoms was triggered by imported capital before our local capital started supporting.., all our growing Fintech scene is being triggered by imported capital. Buhari bad governance triggered repatriation of capital gains , if you give investors enough reason to stay they will reinvest , just like Cornelius Vink is steady doing and Gabrielle Volpi was doing before APC came ..Well I am not saying ATIKUs position is the best but till we hear from PO it's the best for now
Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by mrvitalis(m): 9:25am On Jun 24, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:

I like your civility. Let the discussion be devoid of insults.

I see you acknowledge that Buhari is funding SMEs truly but you pointed out the corruption that have marred the process. Admittedly, this is happening but policies like this that go way down to the people and Government agencies for applications, approvals and disbursements will always be stained by corruption. Me and You know who Nigerians are. Even if Peter Obi becomes President, he can't personally be disbursing, approving these programs himself. He will have to delegate.

On the topic of borrowing. Let's be fair. Buhari also ensures majority of these loans are tied to significant infrastructural projects. You will notice that most of these foreign loans are not even direct money supply but 100% project funding. The loans are directly tied to individual projects.

Also, I don't agree with subsidy being scam. Do you know how much Nigeria has spent on petrol subsidy this year alone? Around 1 trillion naira I think. That's how bad it is. And Yes, I know some oil marketers are making illegitimate money off the scheme but how do we did them out?

Nigeria's problem is more than Arise TV and Channels interview ooh.

Disbursing money to SMEs us faily easy If the leader is serious ..loan this money to commercial banks at very low interest rate ...then banks how have the technical know how and know the true SMEs loan this money to them ...there is no big issue here ...if u loan 1 trillion naira every year to banks at 2% per annum to banks to loan out to SMEs at 3.5% to 4% in 8 years you must have invested 8 trillion directly to SMEs ...while generating 160 billion in interest alone trust me taxing of this SMEs would yeild more than a trillion a year .. taxing the profit of the banks would yeild another 80 billion ... granted 1.24 trillion every year minimum

Obi also talked about granting grants based on intellectual capacities and banks should have funds they can access for low interest to support ideas they buy into and provide guidance ..more like a national level to the show lion's

Only 30% of money Buhari borrow are tired to projects honestly or even less $2 billion Lagos Ibadan rail ? Niger bridge ? What else ?

The 19 trillion borrowed from CBN what project was that tied to ? ... imagine if that 19 trillion was pumped to SMEs we would be making nothing less than 3 trillion from that every year

Developmental economy is that that difficult there are templates to copy and paste everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by ljoh: 9:26am On Jun 24, 2022
70yrs old man
Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by mrvitalis(m): 9:34am On Jun 24, 2022
SarkinYarki:

You have to face it Nigeria is a very poor country and to trigger any growth you will need FDI , the only working sector we have today (which is even shaking now ) telecoms was triggered by imported capital before our local capital started supporting.., all our growing Fintech scene is being triggered by imported capital. Buhari bad governance triggered repatriation of capital gains , if you give investors enough reason to stay they will reinvest , just like Cornelius Vink is steady doing and Gabrielle Volpi was doing before APC came ..Well I am not saying ATIKUs position is the best but till we hear from PO it's the best for now
Telecom was triggered by what ? Say what you know , telecom was made possible by states and local Investors buying into ideas

Econet has akwa Ibom ,Delta ,Lagos and some other local Investors investing to make it stand

MTN has Pascal dozie diamond bank funding the investments even with that do u see how much MTN move out from our economy ?

What's the impact of DStv to Nigerian economy ? Negative

Fintec imported capital is different from FDI ... infact those fintech are doing opposite of FDI

Indomie is bigger than innoson ..but innoson contribute more to our economy net than indomie ... indomie is negative to our economy they take out profit

So u see atiku plan would enrich few and leave majority of Nigerians poorer so you see obi economic policies are way better

No country has developed by FDI absolutely none ...local companies supported by government grow economy

From Brazil to Korea to Mexico to Dubai ,to China to Japan to USA to England to Spain to France to south Africa to Egypt to Bangladesh to Pakistan to Israel ...none absolutely none

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by Xbobtage: 9:38am On Jun 24, 2022
YorubaIsGreat:
Asiere pandora obituary him tu dey lie can never be president of this great country, know this and know peace

If you truly care about yoruba people you will not vote an incompetent yoruba man to rule this country simply because he is Yoruba, Rather with the current situation of Nigerian you should be willing to vote even a very competent Vietnamese or Jamaican for president of Naija. Enough with all the dumbness being portrayed as tribalism.

Sometimes showing love is not always a direct two way street. Sometimes you have to massage your leg to reduce the pain in your head. If your child wants to put his hand inside fire and you whip him, its not because you hate him, rather its showing love and the right thing to do by conscience and common sense.

For the love that you have on Omulabis please dont settle for anything but the best for the job of the president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Presence Has Activated Something Unusual In Our History - Charlyboy by Tinububalls: 9:47am On Jun 24, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Presidential debate solves it all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obidient Rally In Kwara State / Every Nigerian Needs To See This, If We Are To Take Our Country Back(pics) / As Labour Party Takes Abia State, We Will Retire Orji Uzor Kalu In 2027

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.