Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt (35201 Views)

Ben Ayade and Dave Umahi visit Wike Today in Port Harcourt / 2023: Kwankwaso Opens Up On Stepping Down For Another Candidate / 2023: Kwankwaso, Obi Raise Stake In NNPP, LP Threaten APC, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by Newslink(m): 3:23pm On Jun 24, 2022
The two have remained in contact even after Mr Kwankwaso defected from the PDP.

The presidential candidate of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP), Rabiu Kwankwaso, will meet the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, in Port Harcourt this afternoon in continuation of his search for a running mate for the 2023 election.

I'm not Looking for Vice President Position- Wike (Throwback Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLp5opzqnE4

Mr Kwankwaso had been holding talks with Peter Obi of the Labour Party exploring the possibility of the two parties merging or forming an alliance for the election.

But the talks are believed to have been bogged down, especially by the knotty issue of who between the two presidential candidates would step down to become the running mate of the other.

Mr Kwankwaso’s scheduled meeting with Mr Wike may, however, be an indication that the former Kano State governor is looking for alternatives.

Aides of Messrs Kwankwaso and Wike confirmed that the two politicians were scheduled to meet in Port Harcourt from about 2.30 p.m. on Friday.

The two sides also said discussions between the politicians at the meeting would likely focus on the 2023 presidential election.

The two have remained in contact even after Mr Kwankwaso defected from the PDP.

It would be recalled that the NNPP candidate helped Mr Wike to win substantial votes from Kano delegates at the PDP primary last month.

Associates of the former governor are in control of the leadership of the PDP in Kano, despite his defection with many of his supporters from the party.

However, it is not clear whether Mr Wike would be persuaded to dump the PDP too and be Mr Kwankwaso’s running mate.

Although the period for the nomination of candidates has closed, a presidential or governorship candidate can substitute their running mate who withdraws before July 15.

But Mr Wike’s people have said they have no intention of moving out of the PDP, despite his recent disappointment over the choice of the party’s vice-presidential candidate.

They said Mr Wike would work for the victory of the party’s candidates in the state but would not commit his resources and energy to other causes whose fruits other persons stand to reap.

After beating Mr Wike to the PDP presidential ticket last month, former vice president Atiku Abubakar had considered the Rivers governor for nomination as his running mate but eventually picked Delta State Governor Ifeanyi Okowa.

Mr Wike has not congratulated Mr Okowa or spoken in public on the choice. He has since met with political leaders from other parties, including Ebonyi State Governor David Umahi of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Mr Obi of the LP.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/538938-updated-exclusive-2023-kwankwaso-to-meet-wike-today.html

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by Asabe4(f): 3:25pm On Jun 24, 2022
Politicians meet everyday...even from opposing parties.

Until the result if thier meeting is confirmed, it's no big deal to me.

They should getout undecided

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by 9iceprince(m): 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2022
Am glad I am a [color=#990000][/color]Runner up today on Nairaland ,…..when cement was sold for less than 500 naira not all Nigerians can afford to build a house back then,,.,.,Just pray no matter the economy of Nigeria you will never lack…,I must make It

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by dontro(m): 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2022
What happens to the much anticipated OBIdient Kwankwasiya movement?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by html14java(f): 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2022
Na wa o. So as a Politician in Nigeria, you can't visit your friend in peace.

Journalists will just be following you around.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by Crowwejihadist: 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2022
Wike telling him to become vice to Peter Obi,

I will be solidly behind you people, remember Peter visited him.

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by MVLOX(m): 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2022
Wike don turn Influencer ooo

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by PlayerMeji: 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2022
I m so so sure my Ipob fellas will not want to do anything with the North.

Especially since the North is known for its Almajiri system and cow-like mentality.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by jeff1993: 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2022
Everybody wants to fraternize with the strongman

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by sotall(m): 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2022
cool

Wike is the new political bride that every 2023 gladiator wants to be in his team.

Mr Wike's wisdom is about to be tested. If he is wise, he will stay put in PDP and reap from his hardwork of being a pillar in the party especially since 2015 when PDP lost the presidential election.

Wike should not be like Atiku whose impatience has made him a rolling stone jumping and prostituting from one political party to another. If Atiku had stayed with Goodluck and be patient, his political fortune will be better than it is now.

If Wike decides to be foolish and jumps into another party because of perceived gang ups and betrayal, he stands more to loose and it will be a case of a lion at home relocating to another place and becoming a dog.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by Built2last: 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2022
After Rivers Money

Wike might be a tout but Politicians know his money is needed

in 2014 Amaechi Buhari campaign DG Bank rolled Buhari, Donated Rivers state government governors jet and helicopter to convey Buhari across Nigeria for campaign but the drug Lord of Lagos claims he single-handedly made Buhari president.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by ajekpaks(m): 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2022
okay
Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by Benbellamor: 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2022
They say he talks too much
Now he is quiet Jéjé...while receiving guest
They're not comfortable
They Can't even plan for mobilization of how to win Elections ..osun at the corner.. APC already raised 60 man panel...

Must wike win election for you? While you can't think?
Somebody must get sense..man pass man

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by datola: 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2022
It appears we are going to have a powerful Fourth Force.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2022
grin Kwankwaso and Wike...

Well e fit fly, but can't win

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by KingOfTheDamned: 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2022
Hmmm

It's seems it's true that NNPP and Labour Party want to merge and Wike is expected to decamp to the new party.

Yesterday Peter Obi visited him now today Kwakwanso....

Seems the rumors were true

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by omowolewa: 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2022
Everybody is now asking for Wike"s hand in marriage.

Tonto Dike will soon meet Tonto Wike.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by Mazisimonekpa(m): 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2022
no election in Biafraland again except referendum

Mazi Simon Ekpa

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2022
Wike
Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by tesppidd: 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2022
Wike feeling very important but All these people are still looking for ways to chop Wike's Rivers money.

160 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by Manny21: 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2022
Wike's best bet is to work against PDP and not allow Atiku and others to reap where they did not sow.

10 Likes

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by surevik(f): 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2022
God forbid, power will never return to the North, and worst of it, North West. Kwankwaso should respect the South, we aren't born to be ruled. Haba!

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by AFRICANJAMAICA: 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ok

Some people are really funny.
One of my afonja tenants told me yesterday that I should not worry,that once tinubu becomes president,he will take my house and boats in Lagos..

I thought he was joking,until I heard another one saying d same thing.
He said that they have been promised to chase igbos away from Lagos when tinubu wins.

This tinubu urchins are funny

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by temitope27(m): 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2022
Wike to decamp to NNPP grin

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by Parachoko: 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2022
Even if Wike does not leave the PDP, he won't be fully committed in working for the party in the presidential election, he will only focus on the state election.

But he should work for Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

He is capable of leading Nigeria to greatness.

Jargaban Borgu

On Your Mandate I Stand Gidigba

159 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by VeryWickedMan: 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2022
Wike to assure Kwankwaso of his war chest if he agrees to be Obi's VP

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by Khaysee: 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2022
Wike dont trust this guys ooooo
Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by bigdammyj: 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2022
Noted.
Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by shortIGBOman: 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2022
A Dead Kwanwkaso is better than 100 Peter ObiTUARY. grin grin grin

159 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt by ponishah: 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2022
Asabe4:
Politicians meet everyday...even from opposing parties.

Until the result if thier meeting is confirmed, it's no big deal to me.

They should getout undecided
Wike is just recovering money spent on primaries from all these visitors

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dead Farmers: Garba Shehu Reacts To Backlash Over Comment / Is Nigeria’s Fuel Price Cheapest In The World Like Eniola Badmus Said? / Dino Melaye: Share And Dare Trending On Facebook (photo).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.