Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,316 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom (22614 Views)

Community Secondary School, Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom In Bad State / Dilapidated Community Secondary School Akpo, Aguata In Anambra State / Poor State Of Obizi Community Secondary School In Ezinihite LGA, Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by WildChild00(m): 11:59am On Jun 27, 2022
ubox:

Did you see how the state was before he came onboard and how it was after he left, Government is a continuum so if you don't what you're saying, just keep mute...
Akwa Ibom started enjoying the benefits of oil money from 2007 and they've come a long way from then, for them to be in the conversation is a sign. Before they were just a pedestrian state

Mr man, he tried as a governor, but he still did not meet up to what is expected of him, especially from one of the highest paying oil producing states like Akwa Ibom, rather he embezzled the states funds using stadium, what has the stadium generated to the states, of wat benefit, investing in education is the bird rock of any state.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by hspda: 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2022
Litmus:

What of community action ? Individuals in community forming care/support groups could do much to ensure such schools are at least endurable for students and this without precluding need to pressure government.
Good one. The principal of the affected school can as well keep these buildings clean in my opinion

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by edosignature(m): 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2022
Such a sad reality.
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by Etimemy: 12:17pm On Jun 27, 2022
This is ancient building, nairaland boys be careful
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by godofuck231: 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2022
The school lab looks like a jihadist bomb factory
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by Franklindollar1: 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2022
That is where I did my youth service 11years ago. It's the same. What a shame. Akwa ibom state government please come in and look into it.
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by Franklindollar1: 12:31pm On Jun 27, 2022
Too bad
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by Pootle: 12:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
almost all govt secondary school outside lagos are like this undecided
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2022
potent5:

Mouthpiece of the governor, I salute u.

Wehdone grin

If the governor is not everywhere, what about his commissioner for education, personal assistants on whatever it is called, directors and permanent secretary of education ministry etc.?

What about the councilor and LGA Chairman. Is it not their community? Are they not getting allocations?

If State Government has not responded, can't the LGA Chairman and council members do something?

Allocations are not for their hotel bills alone.
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2022
Thomthom:
What do you want the local government chairman to do... How many Local Government funds go to local government when it's shared, Local government Chairman can not do anything..

It is not true. Local Government Chairmen can do a lot. Go and check how much they spend monthly on frivolities. Go and check the houses they build during their time. It is not their salaries they use for these but allocations for development projects.

I know one who did a lot for his local government but still looted hundreds of millions. Built a mansion in one of the choicest areas in the City.
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2022
Thomthom:
What do you want the local government chairman to do... How many Local Government funds go to local government when it's shared, Local government Chairman can not do anything..

See a convoy of a local government chairman in Kano. Where do you think he got the money?

Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by Eaglernorwich(m): 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2022
ubox:

Did you see how the state was before he came onboard and how it was after he left, Government is a continuum so if you don't what you're saying, just keep mute...
Akwa Ibom started enjoying the benefits of oil money from 2007 and they've come a long way from then, for them to be in the conversation is a sign. Before they were just a pedestrian state

God bless you for these reply
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by FaithBrain1994(m): 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
The same way former administrations could not, Udom Emmanuel's administration can't build or renovate every schools in AKS. He has done his best in infrastructure and it's left for the incoming to consolidate on the structures he will leave behind.
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by Tekil: 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
I'm speechless

Just imagine the library for God's sake,instead of accumulating knowledge one will be accumulating catarrh instead.

I pray for the restoration of this country to its former days of glory.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by eazyjay4(m): 2:22pm On Jun 27, 2022
Aplaudez:
And I'm currently camping in this state and they're telling us not to relocate, I laugh in Spanish grin

I’m serving in this local government.
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by ubox: 2:43pm On Jun 27, 2022
WildChild00:

Mr man, he tried as a governor, but he still did not meet up to what is expected of him, especially from one of the highest paying oil producing states like Akwa Ibom, rather he embezzled the states funds using stadium, what has the stadium generated to the states, of wat benefit, investing in education is the bird rock of any state.
Is it only stadium that you've seen, the whole outlook of the state and various scholarship schemes and bursary provisions for students in universities, Uyo that had a village look as a capital had a breathe of fresh air. Airport was completed, and a lot more things...
The stadium that you're talking about has put Akwa Ibom state on the map of sports internationally. Someone that didn't know a place like Uyo existed will know of such place in far away Morocco or South Africa courtesy of the CAF confederation cup finals it hosted. If Godswill didn't construct that. The game might have been hosted in Abuja or Lagos hence no publicity on Uyo...

Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by Johnsmartinyang(m): 2:54pm On Jun 27, 2022
princeemmma:
The state governor had money to lavish on Presidential form but was not ready to take care of schools in his state

See the look of the school
Broh this pixs are as old as 3 years, u are doing more harm than good find something else to chase crowd than this
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by saintkeppy(m): 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2022
jericco1:
Every state has something of this sort.

Blame the local government chairmen and councilmen.
Also the village heads

They not to be blamed when All Local Government Councils funds is controlled by the AKState Government, the LG chairmen are just there to pay LG staff salaries. They don't have such funds to handle projects as it suppose.
They recommend projects in their Area council to State Government for immediate consideration.

I heard over the radio that This school have been sent to Ministry of Education for consideration, but uptill now nothing has been done about it.
But we have Commissioner for Education, SSA on Education to Governor, etc on Education
There is no chiefs at the community that wouldn't like his community school to be renovated by Government.

I'm sure there will be INEC Polling unit in that community in next year's elections
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2022
Aidejay:
All this would have been prevented if proper maintenance was carried out regularly.
I can imagine how those places looked when they were first built.

After all the great things I've heard about akwa ibom and udom administration it's kinda nice albeit sad to see that not everything has been touched by the udom hype/reformation machine.
I only responded to this your comment because it is abit more reasonable to respond to compare to the rest that comes with insult and sentiment.
Firstly this is the 3rd time this particular school as made front page 3 years in a roll.
Secondly this school as not be operating for 15years because the Local government and the church that established that school refuse during Akpabio time not Udom to hand over the school to state government under SUBEB and if you look carefully the compound of that school has been barricaded and not seen visitors for years but negative ignorant critics will always have what to say to de market the state. Have you not wonder that the OP is not even from that state but will say all the bad thing about the state because of an abandoned school . Meanwhile Udom and Akpabio had built 2 new school each in that ibesikpo local government since then .
That’s the replacement school built by the local government via state government intervention fund

Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by WelcomeToBiafra: 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2022
Slave yards in the animals kingdom.

If students of those schools stage protests, Nigeria government forces will attack and arrest the innocent students.

Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by wiseone28: 3:51pm On Jun 27, 2022
Aplaudez:
And I'm currently camping in this state and they're telling us not to relocate, I laugh in Spanish grin
I think relocating to Kaduna or sokoto will be good for you
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by JAGS001(m): 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
Blame the state chairman too for this the governor can never be everywhere.
But the president can be everywhere abi hypocrite lol
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by RayzCloud: 5:07pm On Jun 27, 2022
yiboko5227:
Heh

Scam
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by Onewazobia(m): 5:29pm On Jun 27, 2022
Do we really have leaders? More like Greedy-rulers

Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by Papichulostunne(m): 6:03pm On Jun 27, 2022
Aee Emma wen wan be president never even put e small state in order.
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by dasparrow: 8:16pm On Jun 27, 2022
Hear what the Lord God is saying in these end times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcLR_1-DlOA
Re: Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom by NoQualmz: 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2022
eeetuk:
Has governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom state seen the picture of community secondary school, in Ikot Essien?
Mr. Udom Emmanuel supporters are in Nairaland forum, every day, talking about the good jobs the governor has done in Akwa Ibom state. The picture of community secondary school, in Ikot Essien , does not show that governor Udom Emmanuel Is a good governor. And in fact, it shows the opposite. The conditions of the schools in akwa ibom state are deplorable . This is the state governor who just ran to become the president of Nigeria.

Reports are been circulated to inform Akwa Ibom State citizens that governor Emmanuel spent $2.4 billion from federal allocation to the state to run for president. Just imagine that!

Is this the way he was trying to govern Nigeria?
Community secondary school in Ikot Essience is just one example. I mean, I have the opportunity to see 90 schools in Akwa Ibom state with deplorable conditiond just like Community secondary school in Ikot Essience. Some of the schools, I have the privilege to see myself have rain leaked through the roof into the classrooms. Some schools have no roads leading to the schools. Teachers are not paid for months or years. Akwa Ibom state leads the nation in total revenues allocation to the states, yet, citizens live poorer than those that do not have similar opportunies as those in Akwa Ibom state.

Is this leadership?
And Is this fair?
Eyen eka mi fire on.
The issue is really pathetic,Udom isn’t living up to his hype

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Is The Right Time To Do Your Master's Degree? / Female Graduate Celebrated By Elderly Women (Photo) / OAU Spends N80m On Electricity & N2m On Diesel Every Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.