Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Pig Farm Ideas, Very Urgent Please. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farm Ideas, Very Urgent Please. (6093 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Egg Distribution Or Pig Farming Which Would You Advice With Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pig Farm Ideas, Very Urgent Please. by themain1: 4:45am On Jul 24, 2011
I am seriously and urgently in need of information on how to build pigs pens. I know people use bricks but I believe there should be a cheaper way of building this pens and a very strong one indeed. (The cost of using the brick seem too much, also to have taken 90% of the available capital for these new business)

Please I need your ideas and as well as recommendations of who you think culd be of help to erect the building of these pens as I am looking to start with minimum of 20-50 pigs (weaners).

Thanks a lot for your ideas and recommendations!!!
Re: Pig Farm Ideas, Very Urgent Please. by madampresident(f): 8:16am On Sep 18, 2011
I will gladly share my six years experience as a fresh school leaver wt no money in 2005 bt has 40 sows wt monthly turn over of 200k today.d market is enormous and unsaturated.
Re: Pig Farm Ideas, Very Urgent Please. by femu(m): 10:13pm On Feb 17, 2012
A Pig Pen has to be solid and well built else it will be difficult to clean and maintain. You can consider the size to reduce costs.
you can get more ideas here: http://no1pigfan./2012/02/12/72/
Re: Pig Farm Ideas, Very Urgent Please. by niapay(m): 10:44am On Feb 18, 2012
contact at matheworama@gmail.com for 600sq m pig pen model

1 Like

Re: Pig Farm Ideas, Very Urgent Please. by einfo: 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2013
If you are looking for the complete guide to pig farmming in Nigeria check out this article:
http://www.makemoneynigeria.com/pig-farming-business-nigeria-guidelines-start/
Re: Pig Farm Ideas, Very Urgent Please. by makinde3: 8:59pm On Feb 06, 2013
9s one
Re: Pig Farm Ideas, Very Urgent Please. by babytejiri(m): 8:41am On Aug 01, 2015
rpk;['
Re: Pig Farm Ideas, Very Urgent Please. by julibaba: 9:46am On Aug 01, 2015
My one kobo advice
1. Start small and grow big
2. Make sure the concrete in the floor is 3 to 4" tick
3. U can use the waste log of tic tree for the wall and divider temporally for about 3 years while u plan for the permanent block work later
4. Suggest u go for a training in pig farming
5. Suggest you get three ties
Wearers, gilts and either pregnant sow or one time sow
6. Learn to keep your feed to the barest minimum but required nutrient. This can only keep you in business
Best of luck and welcome on board into money making business
Re: Pig Farm Ideas, Very Urgent Please. by AreaFada2: 11:19am On Aug 01, 2015
themain1:
I am seriously and urgently in need of information on how to build pigs pens. I know people use bricks but I believe there should be a cheaper way of building this pens and a very strong one indeed. (The cost of using the brick seem too much, also to have taken 90% of the available capital for these new business)

Please I need your ideas and as well as recommendations of who you think culd be of help to erect the building of these pens as I am looking to start with minimum of 20-50 pigs (weaners).

Thanks a lot for your ideas and recommendations!!!

Nice
Re: Pig Farm Ideas, Very Urgent Please. by ciouxox(m): 10:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
niapay:
contact at matheworama@gmail.com for 600sq m pig pen model
How much does this cost please?
Re: Pig Farm Ideas, Very Urgent Please. by TheUnbeatable(m): 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
Use hard wood to buld it just like you will use concrete.

God bless your hustle.
Re: Pig Farm Ideas, Very Urgent Please. by ultrazone(m): 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Promises N1m Grant For Investment In Ranches, Animal Husbandry / If You Need Help To Buy Goods From Kano Call 07033871071 / How To Access Loans (millions) For Your Farm In 6 Months Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.