Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" (9059 Views)

FG And Nigerian Military Describe CNN Report On Boko Haram As Satanic / FG To Declare Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Organisation / Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by aljharem(m): 6:59am On Jul 24, 2011
BY EMEKA MAMAH
The emergence of a  new  group,  believed to be out to checkmate Boko Haram, is  giving security agencies in the  north goose pimples.
Security sources said that the new group, Akhwat Akwop, claimed that its target for violence would be women whose husbands were reportedly behind the violent activities of Boko Haram in the last three months.
However,  security personnel, now trying to unravel those behind the new ‘’terror group’’, believe that the peace in the north was being threatened the more, because of the suspicion occasioned by the several clashes  in various parts of the north in the last 10 years in which the perpetrators were not punished due to alleged  lack of political will by the authorities to implement any of the reports of the investigative panels instituted to look into the crises.
‘’We are worried that the security situation in the north is degenerating and it may get to serious ethno-religious wars that will spread across the states in the area”, one of the sources said.
‘’The emergence of this new group gives us serious cause for concern because the situation in Somalia and other troubled parts of the world began with small issues which later degenerated’.’
It was learnt that the group dropped leaflets in at least 10 states of the north, viz: Benue, Taraba, Yobe, Borno, Bauchi, Adamawa, Plateau, Kogi, Nasarawa and Kaduna states, warning that it would  liberate northern minorities from the strangle-hold of the Hausa/ Fulani who had been lording it over them, and causing havoc in the north, nay Nigeria in the name of Islam.
In Kaduna State, large quantities of the leaflets were left at the state chapter of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, NUJ, Press Centre weekend by unknown persons.
The leaflets entitled, ‘’Warning to Boko Haram’’, claimed that Akhwat Akwop stood for the Christian equivalent of Boko Haram, adding that it would be at the fore front of the struggle for the emancipation of northern minorities who are Christians or Muslims.
The leaflets read in part, ‘’Greetings in the name of our Lord and most gracious saviour and shield, Jesus Christ.
‘’Recent happenings in the body polity of our dear nation, Nigeria, compel us once again to reiterate our view and commitment.
‘’Akhwat Akwop will ever be at the forefront of the struggle for the emancipation of northern minorities (Christians and Muslims) from continued oppression and inhuman savageries”.
Apparently blaming the current activities of Boko Haram[b] on those not happy with the victory of President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa of Kaduna State, both minority Christians, Akhwat Akwop posed seven questions.
The questions include, whether it was a crime for either Jonathan or Yakowa to become president and governor respectively or whether it was a crime for the Sawaya people of Tafawa Balewa in Bauchi State to be landlords in their ancestral lands?
The group asked why the ‘’innocent people of Plateau State have been made to pay so much in tears and blood’’ and ‘’why the innocent farmers in Benue, Taraba, Kogi states have been continually attacked and killed by alleged terrorists as well as why Christians in Bauchi, Yobe, Borno states were being killed or whether or not it was a crime for northern minorities to say that enough was enough of Hausa/Fulani oppression?’’
According to the Akhwat Akwop, ‘’majority of Nigerians know that it is the Hausa Fulani and their misguided allies who always plan and execute mayhem.
‘The group declared:’’We prefer peace but ever ready for war. Boko Haram is hereby warned that if it carries out any further attacks on Christians anywhere in the north, our commandos will unleash deliberate attacks on selected targets in cities with majority Muslim population in the far north.[/b]
‘’Your people (Boko Haram) will see and experience what you have been doing to others first hand. Akwhat Akwop has never targeted women and children and we do not intend to ever do so. However, if the fatwa placed on our daughters Nyeri Debby Yakowa by Boko Haram is not immediately lifted and indeed if anything happens to her or any Christian lady anywhere in the north, we shall unleash a storm of wastage on female Hausa/ Fulani anywhere we get them”.
‘’Boko Haram must not involve itself in the internal politics of Kaduna State. Kaduna State and the Middle Belt are a no-go area for Boko Haram. Go back to the desert where you come from.
‘’Hausa/ Fulani Muslim men who wear jeans and T-shirts, sneak into our areas to drink alcohol, cavort with and deceive some of our gullible and irresponsible women should know that their days are numbered.
‘’Our commandos have instructions to take you out. You are strongly advised to stay in your Sharia”.

http://www.thenigeriandaily.com/2011/07/23/boko-haram-rival-group-drops-threat-leaflets-in-10-northern-states/
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by aljharem(m): 7:01am On Jul 24, 2011
what is my country turning into sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by saintneo(m): 7:18am On Jul 24, 2011
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 24, 2011
Yes, Baby!!!

Let's do this!!! It's been a long time coming.

1 Like

Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by oderemo(m): 8:15am On Jul 24, 2011
^^^^, lets do what?
and to you two wrongs make it right, my frd violence will only begets violence. i.e mexico, rhuwanda,uganda, etc.
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:25am On Jul 24, 2011
I love it it is time to teach majority northernes hausa/fulani that the minority northernes are not fools and to beat them in thier own very game

1 Like

Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by texazzpete(m): 8:31am On Jul 24, 2011
Ucheosefoh:

I love it it is time to teach majority northernes hausa/fulani that the minority northernes are not fools and to beat them in thier own very game

It will only get a lot of people killed. mainly Christians.
Once it starts, expect to see lots of coverage on Al Jazeera. Then expect to see lots more 'offers' from Al Qaeda to 'free' their brothers. Then you'll see how safe you are even in Lagos.

Seriously, why do you guys never focus on the big picture?
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by Osama10(m): 8:32am On Jul 24, 2011
I don't see us lasting more than 2015.
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 24, 2011
Divide divide divide
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by aletheia(m): 10:41am On Jul 24, 2011
texazzpete:

Seriously, why do you guys never focus on the big picture?
^
Because they are a bunch of half-literate bigoted dolts with fantasies of being knowledgeable about their country. . .that's why.
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by Lucifa2015: 10:47am On Jul 24, 2011
De Nightmare wey I dey send dem for north dey come. Na how many Church dem don bomb till date? Okayyy oooh, I wonder wetin go happen if Mosque  get the same treatment! Make we dey watch ooooh!

An eye for an eye, if una no fit accept am make una go hide 4 under una papa bed!
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by hakanai(m): 11:44am On Jul 24, 2011
The leaflets read in part, ‘’Greetings in the name of our Lord and most gracious saviour and shield, Jesus Christ.
‘’Recent happenings in the body polity of our dear nation, Nigeria, compel us once again to reiterate our view and commitment.
‘’Akhwat Akwop will ever be at the forefront of the struggle for the emancipation of northern minorities (Christians and Muslims) from continued oppression and inhuman savageries”.

They say a group for the minority yet sound strictly christian.Na our type of hypocrisy be that.where will the minority tribe of Muslim belief stand then.I have said this once o!Let the security handle this thing.Because by the time you attack them alot more will go down and the ripple effect would have caused so much damage you will hardly have sleep.Lets not think always that violence and militia can bully any nation or interest group into accepting position.It could just trigger more damage on the aggressors or defenders.I am very sure by the time you initiate your attacks even Muslims of Minority states residing in Muslim states may be your victims.That way you could have the violence and reprisals even in the so called middle belt.
Do you know how many minorities of xtian beliefs exist in dormant Muslim states?The Hausa-Fulani population and influence/power should not attacked this way.You will only deny us sleep and our relatives and friends in harms way all over the north.Even Kaduna is too big for you.
If you were going to fish out and hit strictly boko haram targets then i would ordinarily ignored but your treat will set the entire middle belt/North on fire and brooder targets, beyond political rivalry and you guys and us may hardly have a home to lay our heads and sleep.Your actions will turn Northern xtians against Muslims in an all out conflict. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Lets be mindful of the life and property that could be at stake here.
While they try to identify who is and who is not,the thing will obviously turn religious.Even where they are trying to find allies from Muslim minorities.when they attack from there tone,It shall be Muslim targets.
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 24, 2011
act 2 scene 1 is about to commence, now lets see what it brings to the table. all i can see is secession cool cool cool cool
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 24, 2011
''go back to the desert where you belong'' - akwat akhop
cool cool cool
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by revolt(m): 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2011
the blood of innocent ppl killed in the north is cryn out for more revenge middle belt inclusive. 1966 was more significant than we ever knew

1 Like

Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by namfav(m): 12:05pm On Jul 24, 2011
there are 100 muslims for every non-muslim in the north, let them come out in public and show there faces or every non-muslim will be placed in danger by their threats if they start targetting muslims, the safety of christians in the north and their well being in the event of any attack on muslims is in their conscious, where the people to condemn this, we don't need this in our country
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2011
cry . . .far outnumbered,

Christians would be major casualties eventually extending to non-northerners undecided
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by seanet02: 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2011
Abeg roll out the tanks. Nobody has monopoly over violence.
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2011
I think the country should split into two halves along the North and south boundaries, The North should be called "N-IGERIA" and the South called "-SIGERIA",
a few seconds ago ,
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2011
Secession still leaves Northern minorities (or infidels) at crossroads.

The domineering nature of the Hausa-fulani leaves much to be desired undecided
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by BABSIN(m): 12:50pm On Jul 24, 2011
Who are this bunch of Coward using Boko haram as a leverage to actualise their Goals.?

Their claim about marginalisation of the Minorities is not in any way in tandem with the attacks of Boko Harams Terrorist group, Every objective Nigerian knows that Boko Haram has not single out any religion or tribe as a basis for their wicked attacks and it is a known fact the bulk of the casualties and selected killing by the sect are mulsims,

So Akhwat Akwop should come out plain and tell us that they are terrorist group and they should outline their objectives, We know them as behind genocide in Kaduna south and Jos, Bauchi is not exempted, They should not hide behind Boko Harams act and claim to be on reprisal attacks, THEY ARE ALSO TERRORIST GROUP IN THE NORTH THAT HAS ALWAYS UNLEASH TERROR AND RUN TO THE MEDIA CRYING FOULS, bunch of hypocrites.
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by kabba7(m): 1:12pm On Jul 24, 2011
Nothern leaders Muslim or Christian should not treat irresponsible write up with levity I have a very strong feeling this is from the renegades of biafra/oil resource campaigners.Definity all Citires,Towns, Villages must put them under serious watch. Because as the saying goes WHEN A BLIND MAN ASK FOR GAME OF STONE TROWING THOSE. SEEING MUST wATCH OUT. .KUKAR KURCHIA JAWABI NE!! ”Those who has ears let them hear”

1 Like

Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by otokx(m): 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2011
Media creation
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by houvest: 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2011
Lord have mercy.
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2011
When it gets to all out war, will it still be genocide? Agreed they the minorities have more military and police in the north, but mark my words this whole thing will not last 2weeks if its all out. Once its classified as jihad then o my god, I hope we never see this, better the breakup, I saw this pic online, I think we should seriously consider it

Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 24, 2011
careytommy:

''go back to the desert where you belong'' - akwat akhop
cool cool cool

grin grin grin
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by 1luvkipsus: 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2011
Do christians have 2 form a rival group to boko haram?is boko haram against christianity?these are d true enemies of Nigeria.
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by sirjec(m): 11:36pm On Jul 24, 2011
1luvkipsus:

Do christians have 2 form a rival group to boko haram?is boko haram against christianity?these are d true enemies of Nigeria.

Yes. Boko haram has a hidden agenda against the Christians otherwise they should not be killing innocent Christians
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by idstar(f): 11:41pm On Jul 24, 2011
This country was brought together by stupid white men who know little or nothing about the psychological machinations of the typical african MAN. Its like trying to mix oil and water, they will always seperate. And then even after you divide d shambles of a country into two, a minority akwaibomite like me will end up still being treated as nothing by the majority igbos‘/yorubas‘. And to stretch my imagination even further, if akwa ibom became a nation on its own, i‘d still end up as a minority annang chick, taking orders from the so called ibibio majority! Bleep you all, nigerians!
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by bashr4: 1:52am On Jul 25, 2011
idstar:

This country was brought together by silly white men who know little or nothing about the psychological machinations of the typical african MAN. Its like trying to mix oil and water, they will always seperate. And then even after you divide d shambles of a country into two, a minority akwaibomite like me will end up still being treated as nothing by the majority igbos‘/yorubas‘. And to stretch my imagination even further, if akwa ibom became a nation on its own, i‘d still end up as a minority annang chick, taking orders from the so called ibibio majority! bleep you all, nigerians! 

the difference is that they will be no killing spree
Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by jason123: 2:31am On Jul 25, 2011
bashr4:

the difference is that they will be no killing spree

A LIE FROM HELL!!! What about us and the Ijaws Let's face the issue without being sentimental . . . . . .Don't get me wrong, I will LOVE Southern Nigeria but we should not lie based on sentiments . . .

1 Like

Re: Rival To Boko Haram As A New Christian Terrorist Group "akhwat Akwop" by Nobody: 4:09am On Jul 25, 2011
jason123:

A LIE FROM HELL!!! What about us and the Ijaws Let's face the issue without being sentimental . . . . . .Don't get me wrong, I will LOVE Southern Nigeria but we should not lie based on sentiments . . .

Thanks jare, Nothing like southern Nigeria. western nigeria and eastern nigeria sounds sweet smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff / Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. / Ayuba Wabba Wins Second Term Election As NLC President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.