Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 (4936 Views)

The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage / UK Tv (channel 4's) Racist Jibe At Black People As From The Jungle / Unidentified Man Falls From Sky In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 27, 2011
I'll be watching this on Channel 4.
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by martinosi: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2011
Redman44:

I guess it is very easy to buy laptops in Nigeria now. However, I don't like how the boys in the picture looked. The whole room looked scruffy and like a large cell. Anyway, Channel 4 is fond of showing disparaging programs about Nigeria. All kinds of negative stories about Nigeria are blown up in the UK. Other Africans in Europe are also into Criminal activities including claiming benefits falsely but they are not reported the way Nigerian stories are. Russians, Turks and Eastern Europeans are heavily into credit card and romance scams but the British Media focuses on Nigerians. Is it a skin color issue? Hmn.

I agree with you, this is just smoke that Channel 4 is blowing.
It would just be watched and forgotten in the media archives.
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by martinosi: 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2011
phreakabit:

All these church/mosque brothers should jazz away from here jor! Do you know how deep eastern Europeans are into fraud? Well the so called dating scam was formerly called Russian bride scam, guess why? Have you ever stopped to wonder why BBC has never ran one of their many TV programs/propaganda that profiles these Russian scams? These Caucasian bastar.ds are a bunch of animals! Who always look to put the blame on someone else. We are only doing what they thought us. You live by the sword, you die by it!

CO-SIGN, We all know that the biggest scammers are Eastern Europians
But it does not get highlighted.

1 - Bridal Scamm

2 - Social Security Scamm

3 - Pension Scam

4 - Bank Card Scam

5 - Cash-Point/ATM Scam

6 - Original Money Laundering Email Scam (They started this crap)

7 - Hong-Kong-Email Scam

8 - Housing Scam

9 - Child Care Scam

10 - Unsecured Loans Scam (Fee in advance)

All the scam above started in Eastern Europe
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by justwise(m): 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2011
@martinosi

Why are u happy to compare crimes? Why are u bothered by crimes committed by eastern Europeans?

Would u be denied  a visa, blacklisted by Paypal for crimes committed by eastern Europeans?

You should be worried about Nigerian disgraceful crime record rather than what eastern Europeans does.
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 28, 2011
justwise:

@martinosi
Why are u happy to compare crimes? Why are bothered by crimes committed by eastern Europeans?
Would u be denied a visa, blacklisted by Paypal for crimes committed by eastern Europeans?
You should be worried about Nigerian disgraceful crime record rather than what eastern Europeans does.

You're very correct. Only when Nigerians will look at the crimes committed by Nigerians, and acknowledge that they exist, then there's a chance things will start to look up. Let Eastern Europe deal with their own issues.

The best way to fail an exam is to digress from the topic at hand, which is all too common in Nigeria.
The Channel 4 documentary is on Advance Fraud in Nigeria, and this is what this thread's about. Not fraud in Poland, Slovakia etc.
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by justwise(m): 8:12am On Jul 28, 2011
Siena:

You're very correct. Only when Nigerians will look at the crimes committed by Nigerians, and acknowledge that they exist, then there's a chance things will start to look up. Let Eastern Europe deal with their own issues.

The best way to fail an exam is to digress from the topic at hand, which is all too common in Nigeria.
The Channel 4 documentary is on Advance Fraud in Nigeria, and this is what this thread's about. Not fraud in Poland, Slovakia etc.

Exactly!! We keep saying that we are not the only country into scamming. . so what? The fact is we are one of them and we should focus on how to deal with it. Channel 4 got every right to screen the program, many of the victims are British, Nigeria press will do the same if foreign criminals are scamming Nigerians in Nigeria.
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by martinosi: 1:24pm On Jul 28, 2011
justwise:

Exactly!! We keep saying that we are not the only country into scamming. . so what? The fact is we are one of them and we should focus on how to deal with it. Channel 4 got every right to screen the program, many of the victims are British, Nigeria press will do the same if foreign criminals are scamming Nigerians in Nigeria.

O.k guys point noted, but i hope it s not one silly white lady crying
that a Nigerian duped her off money becos she thought he was in love with her lol! How can you love someone from a long distance that you have never met before lol!!!
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by justwise(m): 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2011
martinosi:

O.k guys point noted, but i hope it s not one silly white lady crying
that a Nigerian duped her off money becos she thought he was in love with her lol! How can you love someone from a long distance that you have never met before lol!!!

martinosi i think you are missing the point here, yes she was silly to send such amount of money to somebody she never met and thought he was real.

Now. .many pple have fallen in love on line and it worked out perfectly, the Nigerian romance-scammer  went online to scam, if he wasn't interested in scamming her then he wouldn't have fashioned ways of defrauding her. Its wrong,

Its not only about romance scam, Nigerians can't be trusted in auction website like ebay, many companies don't accept online payment from Nigerians living in Nigeria, lets call a spade a spade. This is affecting everyone of us, we can't afford to be isolated this much.
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by r231(m): 2:50pm On Jul 28, 2011
i see
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by EfeEkarume(m): 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2011
r231:

i see
r231:

i see
I C
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by thameamead(f): 1:19pm On Jul 29, 2011
Most of the women these scumbags target are naive and vulnerable women, its really sad? £50,00 is nothing compared to what some women and sometimes men have given to these ruthless, cold-hearted, and heartless souls, the funny thing is once the woman/women have/has bn scammed, they are passed over to their friends who also try to scam them, how do these people sleep @ nite, 419 out of fashion but scamming is what is in vogue. when Ii was in naija I saw young guys in Range Rovers, in Ibadan, I was told they were all into scamming people on line.
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by justwise(m): 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2011
thameamead:

Most of the women these scumbags target are naive and vulnerable women, its really sad? £50,00 is nothing compared to what some women and sometimes men have given to these ruthless, cold-hearted, and heartless souls, the funny thing is once the woman/women have/has bn scammed, they are passed over to their friends who also try to scam them, how do these people sleep @ nite, 419 out of fashion but scamming is what is in vogue. when Ii was in naija I saw young guys in Range Rovers, in Ibadan, I was told they were all into scamming people on line.

You are so right, not everyone of these rats u see online make money out of it. They are more into identity theft and trading it in black market cos using it themselves is risky.

Go to job section and see job adverts without company's name or address but they want their victims to send CVs to yahoo or gmail addresses. The details on those CVs could be used for all sorts of crimes.
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by busybody20: 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2011
reminder!
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by coogar: 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2011
this is embarrassing. . . . .i am terrified by naija boys o. . . .
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by justwise(m): 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2011
Felix did the right thing by coming clean and returning the money to the American. I'm happy that they covered that side of the story.
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by coogar: 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2011
programme was frustratingly short though!
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by justwise(m): 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2011
coogar:

programme was frustratingly short though!

I don't even want it longer than that. Enough of the embarrassing stories and dirty pictures of Lagos.
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by busybody20: 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2011
d white woman must genuinely loff d naija boy after lying to her he was white and getting money off her for invisible business runs.

despite catching him on different occasions dat he was a lier and stole moni off her. yet she stayed! loff is truely blind o  grin
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by coogar: 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2011
busybody20:

d white woman must genuinely loff d naija boy after lying to her he was white and getting money off her for invisible business runs.

yet she stayed! loff is truely blind o grin

these single women are lonely. . . .they are not getting any action here and it's easy for them to fall in love. the naija boy completely owned her heart when he was always there for her after her operation. she said the guy was always by her side. . . .reminding her to take her pills/drugs etc.
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by busybody20: 8:32pm On Jul 29, 2011
coogar

maybe the[b] 'sweetness of his joystick'[/b] after dey met physically made her overlook all dose signs grin
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by coogar: 8:45pm On Jul 29, 2011
busybody20:

coogar
maybe the[b] 'sweetness of his joystick'[/b] after dey met physically made her overlook all dose signs grin

grin cheesy grin and naija boys nor dey carry last. . . . .with enough paraga and shekpe in his system. grin
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by thameamead(f): 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2011
Wow! that vulnerable woman lost £30,000, she's lost everything and taxpayers have to pick up the pieces, she's had to claim benefit, she could even become homeless, she told her heart-warming story but left of the South African bit, I bet the sex was good, why would a young man want to sleep with an older woman old enough to be his mother, the only reason he was with her 24/7 @ the hospital was because he wanted to scam her, why she is still in contact with him, I have a feeling he is going to pass her details to his friends so that they can scam her to.

As for Felix, I don't believe his cock and bull story, that he returned $1,000 to the woman he scammed, I just don't buy his story at all, the reporter should have asked to speak to her or mail her to confirm.

Felix is also wrong by saying women in the west always get their money back, there is no insurance policy claim that covers bn scammed.

I love the fela song (you be theif! you be robber! ) they played, an appropriate song for those animals
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by r231(m): 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2011
thameamead:

Wow! that vulnerable woman lost £30,000, she's lost everything and taxpayers have to pick up the pieces, she's had to claim benefit, she could even become homeless, she told her heart-warming story but left of the South African bit, I bet the sex was good, why would a young man want to sleep with an older woman old enough to be his mother, the only reason he was with her 24/7 @ the hospital was because he wanted to scam her, why she is still in contact with him, I have a feeling he is going to pass her details to his friends so that they can scam her to.

As for Felix, I don't believe his rooster and bull story, that he returned $1,000 to the woman he scammed, I just don't buy his story at all, the reporter should have asked to speak to her or mail her to confirm.

Felix is also wrong by saying women in the west always get their money back, there is no insurance policy claim that covers bn scammed.

I love the fela song (you be theif! you be robber! ) they played, an appropriate song for those animals

tot i was the only one

well thats what happen when you looking for love online grin grin

next time they should go to the local pub grin grin
Re: The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 by thameamead(f): 11:09am On Aug 22, 2011
hi! all
there is another documentary on ITV on Friday at 9pm about a Nigerian Frauster - George Abue, he scammed people of over £20M.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Jamaican Friend Said The World Will Be A Better Place Without White People / WAR DRUMS: China Has Now Sent Ships To The Coast Of The PLA Navy Syria / N. Korea Mum Faces Jail For Saving Her Kids From Fire Instead Of Kim's Portrait

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.