Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,987 members, 7,810,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? (1464 Views)

Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only / Got This Interesting Bible Verse To Share. Hope This Never Affects Ourslayqueens / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Carcholce: 7:42pm On Jun 28, 2022
The story of the prodigal son.

After the father welcomed his lost son, his other son got angry that he had never been treated in the same manners.

Question!

I understand it’s a parable that is talking about humans and their pursuit for unending pleasure that detaches us from the one whom we came from. Our father(our true self). The one from the beginning from which our alter ego was born.

Can someone explain the part of the other son. Thank you.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Righteousness2(m): 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2022

The Elder son did not have Understanding of who he is and what he has being a loyal son.
All the Father had was his, but he didn't have that understanding until the Father made him know.

Same with many so called Believers today! They do not have Understanding of their rights in Christ JESUS. Many go about complaining and murmuring about one thing or other, when they should simply approach the Father according to HIS Word and get what they need.

8 Likes

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Carcholce: 8:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
Righteousness2:
The Elder son did not have Understanding of who he is and what he has being a loyal son.
All the Father had was his, but he didn't have that understanding until the Father made him know.

Same with many so called Believers today! They do not have Understanding of their rights in Christ JESUS. Many go about complaining and murmuring about one thing or other, when they should simply approach the Father according toHIS Word and get what they need [/b].

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
Well... D'you remember the parable of the lost sheep? And how the shepherd left the flock of 99 to find and restore the lost 1?

Truth is Christian...spirituality is such that God (our father) would love us all to be in the fold (with him).

The first born was like a believer that asked God (his father) for blessings /wealth (our inheritance in christ) he got It, lost focus and derailed.( flexing was too sweet).

God (father) is never happy about lost souls, so of course when he returned to the fold, there was rejoicing.

The second son (another believer) was in the fold. " HE HAD ACCESS, BUT HE NEVER ASKED. (Remember ask, and ye shall recieve)

So when his brother returned and his father and the household rejoiced with the fat calf, he became resentful and jealous (which a Christian should not be .) "Remember- Rejoice with the brethren"

He was enjoying a good life, and he wanted more, BUT he never asked.

Truth is being resentful and jealous will only lead a believer on a downward spiral.

So the moral here is - stay strong in the faith, rejoice with the brethren (and even lost but found ones) and practice the principles -
Ask and ye shall receive

2. Seek and he shall find.

3. Knock and the door shall be opened unto you.

The heavenly race is per head. Don't get distracted by your "neighbors drama."

Dear OP, Thanks for this question. In answering It, I also gained perspective. God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2022
Righteousness2:
[i]The Elder son did not have Understanding of who he is and what he has being a loyal son.
All the Father had was his, but he didn't have that understanding until the Father made him know...

Wrong! It is you who lacks the understanding to milk this Secret.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Carcholce: 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Wrong! It is you who lacks the understanding to milk this Secret.

Are you saving both sons are one and same person but in different perspective?
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:37pm On Jun 28, 2022
Carcholce:

Sorry, that is the essence of it being a Parable.

You are supposed to mine it yourself.

It would be useless to you if anyone tells you, as proven by the fact that you have heard it taught over and over again, yet it is of no value to you.

Proverbs 25:2, “It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, but the honor of kings is to search out a matter
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:39pm On Jun 28, 2022
Carcholce:

Are you saving both sons are one and same person but in different perspective?

They are as the scriptures said, 2 different people. One went out and did as he pleases but the other never left his Father's side and did the will of his father.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:43pm On Jun 28, 2022
topcatking:
Well... D'you remember the parable of the lost sheep? And how the shepherd left the flock of 99 to find and restore the lost 1?

Truth is Christian...spirituality is such that God (our father) would love us all to be in the fold (with him).

The first born was like a believer that asked God (his father) for blessings /wealth (our inheritance in christ) he got It, lost focus and derailed.( flexing was too sweet).

God (father) is never happy about lost souls, so of course when he returned to the fold, there was rejoicing.

The second son (another believer) was in the fold. " HE HAD ACCESS, BUT HE NEVER ASKED. (Remember ask, and ye shall recieve)

So when his brother returned and his father and the household rejoiced with the fat calf, he became resentful and jealous (which a Christian should not be .) "Remember- Rejoice with the brethren"

He was enjoying a good life, and he wanted more, BUT he never asked.

Truth is being resentful and jealous will only lead a believer on a downward spiral.

So the moral here is - stay strong in the faith, rejoice with the brethren (and even lost but found ones) and practice the principles -
Ask and ye shall receive

2. Seek and he shall find.

3. Knock and the door shall be opened unto you.

The heavenly race is per head. Don't get distracted by your "neighbors drama."

Dear OP, Thanks for this question. In answering It, I also gained perspective. God bless.

There is no believer/non believer/ species of believer here.

However, this parable is FULLY LOADED and there are many many things it teaches, If only people would remember.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Carcholce: 8:43pm On Jun 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Sorry, that is the essence of it being a Parable.

You are supposed to mine it yourself.

It would be useless to you if anyone tells you, as proven by the fact that you have heard it taught over and over again, yet it is of no value to you.

Proverbs 25:2, “It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, but the honor of kings is to search out a matter

I’m searching!! That is what led me here! cheesy

Say something please.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:45pm On Jun 28, 2022
Carcholce:

I’m searching!! That is what led me here! cheesy

Say something please.

Clue! As Christ says "you do the same"

Clue 2:"I’m searching". Remember the man who sold all he had? Did you learn here?

As usual, people never Listen!

There is no short cuts or crash course to acquire visa into the kingdom of God!

Unless you properly go through the whole Program, you are not going to get any tangible and progressive thing. It would be like a person learning to become a lawyer from the law school. That exercise would be useless to him.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Lukuluku69(m): 8:50pm On Jun 28, 2022
Carcholce:

After the father welcomed his lost son, his other son got angry that he had never been treated in the same manners.

Question!

I understand it’s a parable that is talking about humans and their pursuit for unending pleasure that detaches us from the one whom we came from. Our father(our true self). The one from the beginning from which our alter ego was born.

Simply put: Repentance is always open. So not at anytime think anyone is lost. Leave that to God and also be humble and not think yourself better than anyone spiritually.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Carcholce: 8:53pm On Jun 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

However, this parable is FULLY LOADED and there are many many things it teaches, If only people would remember.

I don’t think I understand what the bold texts says but it made me want to ask a question.

Are there truly believers and non believers?

Non believers can always remain non believers without knowing and understanding God’s word, but believers can always become non believers, that means they were never true believers.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:54pm On Jun 28, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Simply put: Repentance is always open. So not at anytime think anyone is lost. Leave that to God and also be humble and not think yourself better than anyone spiritually.

Right and Wrong!

Right, because the father welcomed him back but wrong because you did not see what went down.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
Carcholce:

Are there truly believers and non believers?

The parable about believers and all was given and it is not this one
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Carcholce: 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
Lukuluku69:

This makes sense too. Thank you.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Carcholce: 9:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Right and Wrong!

Right, because the father welcomed him back but wrong because you did not see what went down.

Bros talk Na grin

Gist is what went down please.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:17pm On Jun 28, 2022
Carcholce:

Bros talk Na grin

Gist is what went down please.

It is for your good that I do not reveal them.

"They are a Life TO THOSE THAT FIND THEM" Proverbs 4:22.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Carcholce: 9:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

It is for your good that I do not reveal them.

"They are a Life TO THOSE THAT FIND THEM" Proverbs 4:22.

I think I know what you mean. The gate is open to everyone.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

To every man, his (version of ) truth.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by RoyalDiadems: 12:52am On Jun 29, 2022
Carcholce:

Question!

The parable is too loaded to be completely explained. Each explanation from each individual would only give you one side of the parable. But, consider the following points as you read through the parable:

1. The Father's Love for His children.

2. Man's freewill to choose between life and death.

3. The principle of asking and receiving.

4. The futility of worldly living.

5. The mark of true repentance. In spite of the great acceptance the produgal son received, he still said "Father, I'm not worthy..."

6. The Father's love for returning prodigals.

7. The danger of ignorance. The elder son owned everything but he never knew.

Dtruthspeaker, please add yours for the edification of the brethren.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Kobojunkie: 5:11am On Jun 29, 2022
Carcholce:

Question!

The statement in bold is not entirely accurate, this since after the fall of Adam, every son of man is born via God's curse - Genesis 3 vs 16a - which basically means they are detached from their inception from God. undecided

The other son is a Son of God/Angel- one who was remained faithful and submitted to His father from his creation. He is not one of us ofcourse. undecided

The real lesson of the Parable of the prodigal son is however is found in what Luke 15 vs 7 and Luke 15 vs 10 undecided
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by immaculatesense(m): 10:38am On Jun 29, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

The parable is too loaded to be completely explained. Each explanation from each individual would only give you one side of the parable. But, consider the following points as you read through the parable:

1. The Father's Love for His children.

2. Man's freewill to choose between life and death.

3. The principle of asking and receiving.

4. The futility of worldly living.

5. The mark of true repentance. In spite of the great acceptance the produgal son received, he still said "Father, I'm not worthy..."

6. The Father's love for returning prodigals.

Dear Carchoice
Alot of people above have provided great and wonderful answers...I will like u to pay more attention to those replies most especially this from RoyalDiadems...
Stop the rigmarole that Dtruthspeaker may want to drag u into... nobody can fully explain a parable that was not explained by the speaker himself...we can only learn and take a clue on the reasons for the parable. These reasons can be found in all the comments given by different people on this thread...gather it up and learn a lesson from them...simple.
Thank u

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:45am On Jun 29, 2022
The elder son's reaction is a lesson for true believers who thinks those that once backslided shouldn't be welcomed into God's family anymore.
No matter the degrading spiritual condition of our fellow believers we should always be ready to welcome them back into the family of faith! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by immaculatesense(m): 11:00am On Jun 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The statement in bold is not entirely accurate, this since after the fall of Adam, every son of man is born via God's curse - Genesis 3 vs 16a - which basically means they are detached from their inception from God. undecided

The other son is a Son of God/Angel- one who was remained faithful and submitted to His father from his creation. He is not one of us ofcourse. undecided

The real lesson of the Parable of the prodigal son is however is found in what Luke 15 vs 7 and Luke 15 vs 10 undecided
Dear Listeners
I have said it couple of times that the "sons of God" was never an adjective for Angels but the "righteous people at a particular point in time" e.g the descendants of Seth and Job and his colleagues...Angels are angels...simple. In Luke 3:38
[38]Kenan was the son of Enosh.Enosh was the son of Seth.Seth was the son of Adam.Adam was the son of God.

Adam was referred to as son of God.
Adam ate the fruit that created both good and evil in him,both righteous act (spirit nature) and sin(later called "man nature). The first child her gave birth to was Cain(evil and man nature) and then Abel(righteous and spirit nature). Abel died and Seth was born who also carried the righteous and spirit nature. The lineage of Seth were known to be "sons and daughters of righteousness/God" and Cain descendants were sinful and known to be "sons and daughters of the man nature".

Job 1:7-8
[7]“Where have you come from?” the lord asked Satan.Satan answered the lord, “I have been patrolling the earth, watching everything that’s going on.”
[8]Then the lord asked Satan, “Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth. He is blameless—a man of complete integrity. He fears God and stays away from evil.”

Time will not permit me to talk on Job and his friend...they regularly offer sacrifices/present themselves before God regularly in service to God. The devil don't av access to the throne of God nah...even wen God ask him watched was doing in the midst of the sons of righteousness/God (Job and other righteous people at the time)...he said he was moving to and fro on earth(not heaven)...since d devil is not omnipresent like God...he came to look for fault as an accuser of brethren...but he could not found fault in their midst...dat was how d conversation between him and God started..."Can u notice Job?..."

Below history shows that in Judaism...sons of God means sons of righteousness till date...but after over a century...some other Jewish scholars start interpreting it as Angels...but that was only help as a school of thought then...but in recent time the Angelic interpretation has gain more ground that the righteous people interpretation except those who really know the history or etymology of the word in Judaism.
See below
Thank u

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by immaculatesense(m): 11:01am On Jun 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
The elder son's reaction is a lesson for true believers who thinks those that once backslided shouldn't be welcomed into God's family anymore.
No matter the degrading spiritual condition of our fellow believers we should always be ready to welcome them back into the family of faith! smiley
Op
Please note this also.. this is a lesson too from the parable

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Kobojunkie: 11:27am On Jun 29, 2022
Righteousness2:

Same with many so called Believers today! They do not have Understanding of their rights in Christ JESUS. [b]Many go about complaining and murmuring about one thing or other, when they should simply approach the Father according to HIS Word and get what they nee[/b]d.
I am afraid your pastors and mogs are also wrong when it also comes to the lesson about the lesson and intention behind this story that Jesus Christ told. You will never get anyone near the Truth if you continue to use the "understanding" given to you by your pastors and mogs. You first need to abandon those lies to acquire the truth of God. undecided

The story wasn't meant for you to castigate the other son. The question he asked his father was legitimate given Jesus Christ did not indicate he did a wrong by it. undecided

Also, God does not condemn murmuring, complaining etc. In His New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God, so I am not certain why you folks go on about that when it is meaningless in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Kobojunkie: 12:19pm On Jun 29, 2022
immaculatesense:

Dear Listeners
I have said it couple of times that the "sons of God" was never an adjective for Angels but the "righteous people at a particular point in time" e.g the descendants of Seth and Job and his colleagues...Angels are angels...simple. In Luke 3:38
[38]Kenan was the son of Enosh.Enosh was the son of Seth.Seth was the son of Adam.Adam was the son of God.
What in the world are you rambling about for Pete's sake? The mention in my story of Sons of God or Angels should bear no weight since the Parable of the prodigal son is that, a parable or story or analogy told in order to pass a message or thought. undecided

Take your "Sons of God or not" ramblings elsewhere abeg! undecided
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

You are 80% accurate but the 20% shortage is coming from the fact that you people never view things from the angle of Law.

For instance, I would disagree with no 7 because The Law says "a person can not take that which does not belong to him unless and until The Owner of the property gives it to him".

Therefore, people are not aware of the Rule of Law (which Christ was teaching but people do not listen) and the Law Play interaction between all the parties involved.

And this is where I hate those pastors who are lawyers (even if they are legallers not lawyers) who never teach what the parable means at Law.

And this is where Paul, rules.

For under Law
1) the boy cashed All Of His Rights of childship, leaving nothing behind. Therefore, he has disfathered himself.

2) having disfathered himself, therefore the father owes him no further obligation, even if his father acquires further and further wealth.

3) having disfathered himself, it means that the father does not have a right to interfere in the boys welfare, even if the boy is in desparate need, especially as the boy separated and went to a foreign land.

4)Among other Law full consequences which I am skipping to this part, the boy was wise to have returned to his Former father's domain, where the former father always has a right to act. Which is where you see how greatly good the former father is, because, he has a right to send away the stranger from his domain or to exercise his right in favour of the stranger

And by the son's return, it proves that the father was much much better than the son who thought that he was wiser or as wise as his father, so he contested against his former father and now he has lost.

And so, as you can see, there are many consequences at Law eg the returning son is no different from the other strangers working on his former father's property.

By the affidavit of the father, the other son owns everything his father owns, therefore, like the other strangers, the boy is at his brother's grace and that is what the brother knew which is why he went silent after the father spoke with him.

They were both aware of the Lawful consequences.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Lukuluku69(m): 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You are 80% accurate but the 20% shortage is coming from the fact that you people never view things from the angle of Law.

For instance, I would disagree with no 7 because The Law says "a person can not take that which does not belong to him unless and until The Owner of the property gives it to him".

Therefore, people are not aware of the Rule of Law (which Christ was teaching but people do not listen) and the Law Play interaction between all the parties involved.

And this is where I hate those pastors who are lawyers (even if they are legallers not lawyers) who never teach what the parable means at Law.

And this is where Paul, rules.

For under Law
1) the boy cashed All Of His Rights of childship, leaving nothing behind. Therefore, he has disfathered himself.

2) having disfathered himself, therefore the father owes him no further obligation, even if his father acquires further and further wealth.

3) having disfathered himself, it means that the father does not have a right to interfere in the boys welfare, even if the boy is in desparate need, especially as the boy separated and went to a foreign land.

4)Among other Law full consequences which I am skipping to this part, the boy was wise to have returned to his Former father's domain, where the former father always has a right to act. Which is where you see how greatly good the former father is, because, he has a right to send away the stranger from his domain or to exercise his right in favour of the stranger

And by the son's return, it proves that the father was much much better than the son who thought that he was wiser or as wise as his father, so he contested against his former father and now he has lost.

And so, as you can see, there are many consequences at Law eg the returning son is no different from the other strangers working on his former father's property.

By the affidavit of the father, the other son owns everything his father owns, therefore, like the other strangers, the boy is at his brother's grace and that is what the brother knew which is why he went silent after the father spoke with him.

They were both aware of the Lawful consequences.

Gibberish as usual.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:11pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Gibberish as usual.

Exactly what stupid people say when they see that they are stupid.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2022
immaculatesense:

Stop the rigmarole that Dtruthspeaker may want to drag u into... nobody can fully explain a parable that was not explained by the speaker himself...

Yet we play with idioms and riddles but when it comes to God's own, suddenly you become lazy minded. Anyway, it is your loss.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The True Stand Of The Bible On Abortion. / Did Jesus Advertised Miracles? / Tithing: Isn't This Passage In Hebrews Clear Enough On This Issue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.