Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

How To Detect Fake Bank Alert - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Detect Fake Bank Alert (60068 Views)

Man Scammed By Fake Bank Representatives Who Promised 1 Million - Pictures / Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim / See The Wicked Bank Alert I Received During Lockdown. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Titilayo4life: 10:13am On Jun 30, 2022
Nice
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Deepsky(m): 10:16am On Jun 30, 2022
Without you getting alert it's not completely successful cos even though they've debited the person there's still a possibility of reversing the payment.
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Cokahot: 10:17am On Jun 30, 2022
Check transaction history for the app. Simple
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by oneolajire(m): 10:18am On Jun 30, 2022
Gandollaar:
My zenith bank alert does not come with old balance if it recieved a credit.

Then there is a problem. Go report in the bank
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 30, 2022
Just save yourself all these stress and always confirm all your transactions with mobile app shikena.

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by wonderr(m): 10:19am On Jun 30, 2022
Funniest thing is that scammers are also reading this.

3 Likes

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by maureensylvia(f): 10:21am On Jun 30, 2022
Helpful

This my type of business is not easy
Especially payment on delivery

There's high possibility of fake alert
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by oneolajire(m): 10:21am On Jun 30, 2022
Gandollaar:
My zenith bank alert does not come with old balance if it recieved a credit.

I use zenith Bank, since 2013. I always receive balance. Pls check very well. Better still use smart phone, get app, check balance for free

3 Likes

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Ventura1: 10:24am On Jun 30, 2022
I have disabled SMS notification long ago, I rely on checking my app and email for alerts.

2 Likes

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Tremple8v: 10:30am On Jun 30, 2022
Useful
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by VeryWickedGoat: 10:30am On Jun 30, 2022
OP thanks for the corrections

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by greggng: 10:32am On Jun 30, 2022
Are the now saying fake alert can reflect in your balance when you look into your apps to check history ? I believe you won't see such transaction in your history. The best way to catch them is by login to your apps to check transaction history and balance

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by ekukeku(m): 10:33am On Jun 30, 2022
Nice one

But I'm still confused how people fall for dis

How will u send money to me & I won't see d previous balance

Ko jooor
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Zino1011(m): 10:34am On Jun 30, 2022
Lumenasblog:
Have you ever been scammed through fake alert? If you have not, definitely, this article is for you. Read to the end of this article, as you will learn how to detect fake bank alert.

A lot of Nigerians have been scammed through this fake bank alert, especially those in the POS business.

Remember, this could happen to anyone, but to prevent you from falling victim, here are the things to look out for.

Red Flags to Check Out For:

♻️Check Out For Misspellings.

♻️They will ask for your account number which is not out of place, and also ask for your phone number, and that is out of place. That’s a red flag. No one needs your phone number to send you money.

♻️Have a precise knowledge of how much was there before, and if it corresponds with the previous amount then you’re on track. If not you might just be about to be scammed.

♻️If you were sent a mail, check the email source and look out for the official email address of your bank.

♻️Check the authenticity of the mobile app used.

How to Detect Fake Bank Alerts:

Using The GTBank Alert Picture below as a Case Study; One is Original And One is Fake. Here are the ways to spot a fake Credit/Debit Alert ����‍♂️
—– —– —–
1. No full stop behind GTBank
It is “GTBank” and not “GTBank.”

2. After the amount is either “DR” or “CR”. It is always in capital letters.
For example, Amt: 245,000.00 CR and not Amt:NGN 245,000.00 Cr
OR
Amt: 109,500.00 DR and not Amt:109,500.00 Dr

3. For fake alert, there is no “NGN” before the amount.
For example, Amt: 245,000.00 CR instead of Amt: NGN245,000.00 CR
OR
Amt: 109,000.00 DR instead of Amt: NGN109,000.00 DR

4. Check Account Balance

When in doubt of the authenticity of a Credit/Debit SMS, you can confirm that the transaction has been completed by logging into your GTBank Mobile, confirm via USSD, GT World App or visiting the nearest ATM to check your account balance.

#GTBankCares

5. Check Your E-mail

Check your email that is linked to your bank – the one that is registered with your bank. If you don’t have an email for bank alerts, then you can open one and link it to your account to help you clear your doubts about the financial transaction that took place.

With this email, you also get access to your bank statement and your account balance, all in your email.

Once you received the suspected bank alert, check your email source.

6. Check the Credit Alert You Received if it Contains Your Available Balance

Fake bank alerts will not contain your available balance so you can easily detect the fake alert if your account balance does not reflect along with transfer payment done by your customers/buyers.

7. Avoid Clicking on Links that Request Your Bank Account Details or giving out your bank information to a stranger either via email, phone call or online platform. Be warned and stay safe.

Be conversant with the USSD codes you can use to check your bank account balance.

Codes To Check Bank Account Balance

Access bank *901*5#

Eco-bank *326*0#

Fidelity bank *770*0#

First bank *894*0#

FCMB *329*00#

GT bank *737*6*1#

Heritage bank *322*030#

Stanbic bank *909#

Keystone bank *7111*1#

Sterling bank *822*00#

UBA bank *919*00#

Unity bank *7799#

Wema bank *945*0#

Zenith bank *966*00#

Hope this was helpful �.
Be Vigilante ; Shine Ya Eyes �
I still prefer to confirm from my bank app then I make a transfer another account.I no fit take chance.
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Treasure17(m): 10:35am On Jun 30, 2022
Nice one. Reason I hardly use traditional bank to receive alert. Kuda saving me from fake alert. Your number two point on red flag is so real.

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by famology(m): 10:35am On Jun 30, 2022
Just go to your Bank App. That's all......
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Fearyourcreator: 10:38am On Jun 30, 2022
OkodiDenzel:
If they have proxies working in the bank they'll beat all these checks especially the available balance check.

If you are dealing with a total stranger please use a mobile app or nearest ATM.

Even if I check my bal... I move the whole money first ... Cus some are even floating money ... Solid fake one dey even float... If you can't wait for me to do this movement ... Make the person dey go ooo...
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Skillsnigeria: 10:38am On Jun 30, 2022
Noted
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by supereagle(m): 10:39am On Jun 30, 2022
It is important to have the mobile app installed in your phone. Once you receive fake alert, check your app, if the app did not confirm it, then hold the person.
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by madridguy(m): 10:44am On Jun 30, 2022
Great info.
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by barinedan(m): 10:46am On Jun 30, 2022
Thanks very much for sharing, it's educative, it's interesting and you have also saved many of us from falling victims to fraud. Keep up the going d work
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by OneKinGuy(m): 10:56am On Jun 30, 2022
The only way to detect alert is to login to mobile app and see, the transactions yourself. Someone can, just copy previous sms alert and change details like time, amount and name
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Josephkabila12: 10:59am On Jun 30, 2022
This is educatuve. Using code for transaction is the best

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 30, 2022
Ventura1:
I have disabled SMS notification long ago, I rely on checking my app and email for alerts.
Same with me
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Coronavirus1: 11:19am On Jun 30, 2022
Fake Alert guys are always in hurry to distract you
So guys take note

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by PROPEACE: 11:23am On Jun 30, 2022
Pickmycall:
Check you mobile banking app.Chikena.
It may seem tedious but that is what I always do. I don't even go round with the SIM connected to my bank accounts.

2 Likes

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by DropsMic(m): 11:28am On Jun 30, 2022
Na Only foOls that fake transfer thingy dey work on
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by bluefilm: 11:29am On Jun 30, 2022
JohnGainsville:
Quite an educative piece.

It is also quite educative to Scammers.

Hope you are aware of that too?
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by koyyess: 11:34am On Jun 30, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
Your no 3 is somehow wrong bro . See pic below

Same with mine.
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by koyyess: 11:35am On Jun 30, 2022
oneolajire:

Better still, use bank apps, they are so sure and fast. Transactions are recorded there even without receiving bank alerts.

Fastest and surest.....when network no turn to winch.

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by frog12: 12:00pm On Jun 30, 2022
scammers are more sophisticated. just look at the details option of the SMS and see if the sending number or email is not the one you have from the bank. if you call the number, the agent that picks up can falsely say they work for the bank. go to the branch and thoroughly confirm with the branch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) / What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019 / Isabel Dos Santos: Africa's Richest Woman Charged With Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.