Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

How To Detect Fake Bank Alert - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Detect Fake Bank Alert (60053 Views)

Man Scammed By Fake Bank Representatives Who Promised 1 Million - Pictures / Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim / See The Wicked Bank Alert I Received During Lockdown. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by paddock: 12:00pm On Jun 30, 2022
CalabarPikin:
Scamming d upgrade everyday now

A friend wasted #850 to this site http://nseip.com yesterday.....,e still d pain me
But how?
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Psoul(m): 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2022
KnackAmPlank:
What about the code to check for union bank account balance??

Union Bank has been sold, so they don't have any code now
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by pek(m): 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2022
Use app all the time.
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by John360comng: 12:29pm On Jun 30, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Even if I check my bal... I move the whole money first ... Cus some are even floating money ... Solid fake one dey even float... If you can't wait for me to do this movement ... Make the person dey go ooo...

I don't get. Please, explain more.

How do fake alert reflect in one's account and float and then leave one's account.
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Gandollaar(f): 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2022
oneolajire:

Then there is a problem. Go report in the bank
It's an old salary account Sha. Who knows what we signed then because any money that enters the account is charged 250 naira.
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by phemmyfour: 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
Your no 3 is somehow wrong bro . See pic below
Good observation
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by phemmyfour: 12:44pm On Jun 30, 2022
Gandollaar:
My zenith bank alert does not come with old balance if it recieved a credit.
Switch to better bank

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by sarris(m): 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2022
My sincere apologies, let me kindly derail this topic a bit and connect it to our country Nigeria.
I will read all the point the OP raised and l must say very informative. I have also read all the comments and am sure all the above comments came from all sides of our political divides,from different religion, tribes and believe. Everyone sincerely thanked the OP for the information.

I noticed that no one cared to ask the OP where he came from, his faith, his believe or whether he is Ibo or Yoruba. Everyone learnt from the info and am sure some people will share this with their love ones.

This is my point, For a better Nigeria we have to look beyond tribe, religion, and ethnicity and give the job to the person we sincerely know can deliver and set this country on the path to greatness. Remember if Nigeria is good, it will be for all, if is bad like now, it will still be for all.

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by chidexleo: 12:56pm On Jun 30, 2022
Thanks@ po
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Pootle: 1:02pm On Jun 30, 2022
working boys go use this wan amend their flaws.
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Fearyourcreator: 1:10pm On Jun 30, 2022
John360comng:

I don't get. Please, explain more.

How do fake alert reflect in one's account and float and then leave one's account.
Its a powerful tool someone used sometimes ago...
You will be credited and your bal. Will increase ... But it won't be the exact money you are seeing in your bal.
So anytime someone sends me money ... I move it all to check if the money ain't floating money

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by oneolajire(m): 1:20pm On Jun 30, 2022
Gandollaar:
It's an old salary account Sha. Who knows what we signed then because any money that enters the account is charged 250 naira.

Do you have a Twitter account? If no, register, if yes, follow zenith Bank on Twitter, it is the fastest mean of making complaints.

Send them a DM (Message), you'll get feedback in less than five minutes. Your issues will be resolved

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by ufotunang: 1:35pm On Jun 30, 2022
Thank you for the information
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Akharmony: 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2022
sometime i just wonder how this fake bank alert can just hook me... the other day a stranger wanted something from me and he demand to pay me via transfer next he was requesting for my phone number and my full name i was just laughing even if nah juju e no fit work on me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by CalabarPikin: 1:54pm On Jun 30, 2022
paddock:
But how?

His dad forwarded him a side to register for a federal government grants.....which he did and they told him it's been approved that he should pay #850 before 5pm and he did......called dad later to update him.....he said he just found out the site is a scam....#850 don waka already
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by medropoly(m): 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2022
Bro gone are those days they use SMS for fake crediting (alert)..
Now it's a more sophisticated application softwares being used that could just flash your account and you would receive a message almost immediately from your bank and also including your remaining balance, without being asked for your phone number.
The alert comes and disappear within periods of hours...
... Am saying this because I have seen it work truly..
Most banks in Nigeria don't have firewalls that could quickly debunk fake transactions almost immediately.
So de best way is to always have a mobile app for your bank and check your account balance through it or simply dialing the codes to check.
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by professore(m): 2:18pm On Jun 30, 2022
Nice one
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by paddock: 3:12pm On Jun 30, 2022
CalabarPikin:

His dad forwarded him a side to register for a federal government grants.....which he did and they told him it's been approved that he should pay #850 before 5pm and he did......called dad later to update him.....he said he just found out the site is a scam....#850 don waka already
So sad sammers everywhere!
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Gandollaar(f): 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2022
phemmyfour:
Switch to better bank
There's no better bank as a matter of fact. They are all same
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by phemmyfour: 3:23pm On Jun 30, 2022
Gandollaar:
There's no better bank as a matter of fact. They are all same
yinmu
In terms of credit alert format, zenith is lacking
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by donhils: 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2022
My best confirmation is through the mobile app. Once it's reflected there we're good to go.
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Wwwq: 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2022
Okay
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Eaglesence: 4:24pm On Jun 30, 2022
Lumenasblog:
Have you ever been scammed through fake alert? If you have not, definitely, this article is for you. Read to the end of this article, as you will learn how to detect fake bank alert.

A lot of Nigerians have been scammed through this fake bank alert, especially those in the POS business.

Remember, this could happen to anyone, but to prevent you from falling victim, here are the things to look out for.

Red Flags to Check Out For:

♻️Check Out For Misspellings.

♻️They will ask for your account number which is not out of place, and also ask for your phone number, and that is out of place. That’s a red flag. No one needs your phone number to send you money.

♻️Have a precise knowledge of how much was there before, and if it corresponds with the previous amount then you’re on track. If not you might just be about to be scammed.

♻️If you were sent a mail, check the email source and look out for the official email address of your bank.

♻️Check the authenticity of the mobile app used.

How to Detect Fake Bank Alerts:

Using The GTBank Alert Picture below as a Case Study; One is Original And One is Fake. Here are the ways to spot a fake Credit/Debit Alert ����‍♂️
—– —– —–
1. No full stop behind GTBank
It is “GTBank” and not “GTBank.”

2. After the amount is either “DR” or “CR”. It is always in capital letters.
For example, Amt: 245,000.00 CR and not Amt:NGN 245,000.00 Cr
OR
Amt: 109,500.00 DR and not Amt:109,500.00 Dr

3. For fake alert, there is no “NGN” before the amount.
For example, Amt: 245,000.00 CR instead of Amt: NGN245,000.00 CR
OR
Amt: 109,000.00 DR instead of Amt: NGN109,000.00 DR

4. Check Account Balance

When in doubt of the authenticity of a Credit/Debit SMS, you can confirm that the transaction has been completed by logging into your GTBank Mobile, confirm via USSD, GT World App or visiting the nearest ATM to check your account balance.

#GTBankCares

5. Check Your E-mail

Check your email that is linked to your bank – the one that is registered with your bank. If you don’t have an email for bank alerts, then you can open one and link it to your account to help you clear your doubts about the financial transaction that took place.

With this email, you also get access to your bank statement and your account balance, all in your email.

Once you received the suspected bank alert, check your email source.

6. Check the Credit Alert You Received if it Contains Your Available Balance

Fake bank alerts will not contain your available balance so you can easily detect the fake alert if your account balance does not reflect along with transfer payment done by your customers/buyers.

7. Avoid Clicking on Links that Request Your Bank Account Details or giving out your bank information to a stranger either via email, phone call or online platform. Be warned and stay safe.

Be conversant with the USSD codes you can use to check your bank account balance.

Codes To Check Bank Account Balance

Access bank *901*5#

Eco-bank *326*0#

Fidelity bank *770*0#

First bank *894*0#

FCMB *329*00#

GT bank *737*6*1#

Heritage bank *322*030#

Stanbic bank *909#

Keystone bank *7111*1#

Sterling bank *822*00#

UBA bank *919*00#

Unity bank *7799#

Wema bank *945*0#

Zenith bank *966*00#

Hope this was helpful �.
Be Vigilante ; Shine Ya Eyes �

What about when your phone has been hacked? Or there is a re echo wgen talking on phone?
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by MisterKennedy(m): 5:44pm On Jun 30, 2022
Lumenasblog:
Have you ever been scammed through fake alert? If you have not, definitely, this article is for you. Read to the end of this article, as you will learn how to detect fake bank alert.

A lot of Nigerians have been scammed through this fake bank alert, especially those in the POS business.

Remember, this could happen to anyone, but to prevent you from falling victim, here are the things to look out for.

Red Flags to Check Out For:

♻️Check Out For Misspellings.

♻️They will ask for your account number which is not out of place, and also ask for your phone number, and that is out of place. That’s a red flag. No one needs your phone number to send you money.

♻️Have a precise knowledge of how much was there before, and if it corresponds with the previous amount then you’re on track. If not you might just be about to be scammed.

♻️If you were sent a mail, check the email source and look out for the official email address of your bank.

♻️Check the authenticity of the mobile app used.

How to Detect Fake Bank Alerts:

Using The GTBank Alert Picture below as a Case Study; One is Original And One is Fake. Here are the ways to spot a fake Credit/Debit Alert ����‍♂️
—– —– —–
1. No full stop behind GTBank
It is “GTBank” and not “GTBank.”

2. After the amount is either “DR” or “CR”. It is always in capital letters.
For example, Amt: 245,000.00 CR and not Amt:NGN 245,000.00 Cr
OR
Amt: 109,500.00 DR and not Amt:109,500.00 Dr

3. For fake alert, there is no “NGN” before the amount.
For example, Amt: 245,000.00 CR instead of Amt: NGN245,000.00 CR
OR
Amt: 109,000.00 DR instead of Amt: NGN109,000.00 DR

4. Check Account Balance

When in doubt of the authenticity of a Credit/Debit SMS, you can confirm that the transaction has been completed by logging into your GTBank Mobile, confirm via USSD, GT World App or visiting the nearest ATM to check your account balance.

#GTBankCares

5. Check Your E-mail

Check your email that is linked to your bank – the one that is registered with your bank. If you don’t have an email for bank alerts, then you can open one and link it to your account to help you clear your doubts about the financial transaction that took place.

With this email, you also get access to your bank statement and your account balance, all in your email.

Once you received the suspected bank alert, check your email source.

6. Check the Credit Alert You Received if it Contains Your Available Balance

Fake bank alerts will not contain your available balance so you can easily detect the fake alert if your account balance does not reflect along with transfer payment done by your customers/buyers.

7. Avoid Clicking on Links that Request Your Bank Account Details or giving out your bank information to a stranger either via email, phone call or online platform. Be warned and stay safe.

Be conversant with the USSD codes you can use to check your bank account balance.

Codes To Check Bank Account Balance

Access bank *901*5#

Eco-bank *326*0#

Fidelity bank *770*0#

First bank *894*0#

FCMB *329*00#

GT bank *737*6*1#

Heritage bank *322*030#

Stanbic bank *909#

Keystone bank *7111*1#

Sterling bank *822*00#

UBA bank *919*00#

Unity bank *7799#

Wema bank *945*0#

Zenith bank *966*00#

Hope this was helpful �.
Be Vigilante ; Shine Ya Eyes �

Thank you for this wonderful post

Very insightful and helpful
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Tywo2018: 6:00pm On Jun 30, 2022
Are u a Ghanaian? This Pastor Opoku right don't know if i get it right.
Nonexisting:
At last, one good thread on nairaland.
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Tywo2018: 6:00pm On Jun 30, 2022
Nice post
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Sayelabola(m): 7:06pm On Jun 30, 2022
KnackAmPlank:
What about the code to check for union bank account balance??

Titan Trust Bank
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by LogicBomb8: 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2022
Gandollaar:
They will ask for your phone number to jam your line and prevent you from receiving alert.
how possible is dat?
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Gandollaar(f): 5:00am On Jul 01, 2022
LogicBomb8:
how possible is dat?
We have heard all manners of tricks.
Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by KnackAmPlank: 7:34pm On Jul 01, 2022
Sayelabola:

Titan Trust Bank

They have not changed the name
Bro

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake Bank Alert by Nikkyfol: 10:12pm On Jul 01, 2022
Please who knows how I can get my Access bank account number and pin back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) / What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019 / Isabel Dos Santos: Africa's Richest Woman Charged With Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.